Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='officerrickyross222']:cry: really hope the prices update online soon. i watn gh5 bad[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i have been waiting on a good price for both GH5 and MUA2. Was shocked to see them both going to $10 simultaneously.

[quote name='Xdt-Inferno']Yeah, i have been waiting on a good price for both GH5 and MUA2. Was shocked to see them both going to $10 simultaneously.[/QUOTE]

great minds think alike :cool: i want mua2 and gh5 as well. anyone know if call of juarez is good ? i want a western to hold me over till read dead :D

[quote name='officerrickyross222']great minds think alike :cool: i want mua2 and gh5 as well. anyone know if call of juarez is good ? i want a western to hold me over till read dead :D[/QUOTE]

I'd hold off on westerns. It will make Red Dead even that much MORE fun.

so this post is B.S. unless you were lucky enough to go in-store & they had the $10 price tag? damn, I really wanted both for $20.
Edit: "most" of the time for online. My bad. I just jumped on the link & thought it was proven. Good try OP, keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry again everyone...I got done talking to the people on the website and they told me they were a little behind but anything that was going to change should have changed by now...so not sure what to tell you..lets just hope things are taken care of better next week. They are usually on top of it.

[quote name='mivan83']online or in store?[/QUOTE]

In store. They even resurfaced the disc for free. Came complete with case and manual. Looks brand new.

Wonder why they haven't dropped the used Price of Saboteur to $9.99 or even $14.99 now that they are selling the new for $19.99. Weird.

Probably a shoe in for a drop next week I guess.

what is usually the condition of the games/cases/manual when you order them through the website? do they normally keep the case and manual in storage, then just pop in the disc when the game is sold?

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']what is usually the condition of the games/cases/manual when you order them through the website? do they normally keep the case and manual in storage, then just pop in the disc when the game is sold?[/QUOTE]

It varies, most of the time the orders are filled from various b&m stores so it depends on how that store keeps their stuff organized.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see it in the OP. What if a for sale sign is on a game in the physical store but at a different price on the website? If I bring up the website price will I have any problem getting that price or is it a YMMV thing? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see it in the OP. What if a for sale sign is on a game in the physical store but at a different price on the website? If I bring up the website price will I have any problem getting that price or is it a YMMV thing? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

usually i would say the prices would match up..but with last week's issue it seems to not be the case...lets hope this week evens them back up..because no bringing in the price from the internet will not yield you a cheaper in store price...the OP has the most up to date prices that apply in store...with the update coming here soon actually!

alright, updates are in...not surprising as most of these have already updated online..hopefully things continue to match up all the same again...enjoy!

XT14,
I have seen games in-store that have a different buy it now price than what's labeled in the OP here. Is it a case where they just haven't put a new sticker on the case and it will ring up the price you've posted?

If you need ammo with superiors, you can say this thread and the service of the Telegraph Rd. location in STL has caused me to start going to Family Video where as I never rented stuff before. Granted I'm not a power customer, but I have rented 3 games since Jan., whereas I hadn't rented a game since the Fenton, MO Hollywood Video shut down last year (and even then I only rented maybe 1 or 2 games a year.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']XT14,
I have seen games in-store that have a different buy it now price than what's labeled in the OP here. Is it a case where they just haven't put a new sticker on the case and it will ring up the price you've posted?

If you need ammo with superiors, you can say this thread and the service of the Telegraph Rd. location in STL has caused me to start going to Family Video where as I never rented stuff before. Granted I'm not a power customer, but I have rented 3 games since Jan., whereas I hadn't rented a game since the Fenton, MO Hollywood Video shut down last year (and even then I only rented maybe 1 or 2 games a year.)[/QUOTE]

yah i just added something the other day to the OP about how prices "should" ring up correctly regardless of the sticker and if not just ask them to check their master games list..thanks for the support...it's not ammo against superiors I need..it's just the e-commerce site which has been a little finicky lately...seperate division...but i'm sure as time goes on, and if I speak with them more, we will be able to do things more on key together

Picked up Guitar Hero 5 (Xbox 360) today in St Louis metro area for $9.99. One still left. Didnt notice anything else good. Game even came with the manual and no annoying sticker around the ring of the center of the disc. EXCELSIOR! Thanks OP

GH5 and Marvel are still showing as $20 on the site...are they going to be updated to reflect the correct pricing?

[quote name='Hwangman']GH5 and Marvel are still showing as $20 on the site...are they going to be updated to reflect the correct pricing?[/QUOTE]

In the OP, it clearly states online pricing is updated on Wednesday's.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Which would have been last Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They were both supposed to have dropped in price last Wednesday, so i'm wondering if that's ever going to happen.

[quote name='Hwangman']Exactly. They were both supposed to have dropped in price last Wednesday, so i'm wondering if that's ever going to happen.[/QUOTE]

this.

any idea if they'll EVER drop online? would be nice to know if it will or not, i kinda passed on grabbing on gs.com with codes cus i'd rather pay the 10... ugh

i wouldn't count on those 2 dropping..I suppose we could wait until wednesday to be sure..but unfortunately that seems to have been a stubborn week as they decided to drop prices for random things like avatar instead...so although i'd like to give you a definite answer..i'd say don't hold your breath

[quote name='XT14']i wouldn't count on those 2 dropping..I suppose we could wait until wednesday to be sure..but unfortunately that seems to have been a stubborn week as they decided to drop prices for random things like avatar instead...so although i'd like to give you a definite answer..i'd say don't hold your breath[/QUOTE]

Maybe i'm confused...i thought you were originally posting that these prices were dropping, but now they're not dropping and you don't know if they ever will?

Wouldn't it be easier to modify the title to "B&M only" so people don't get their hopes up?

^^^yes prices are universal..they obviously didn't check their master game list as that's the correct price for it, just checked it again myself...i recently added a few faqs to the OP because of things like that.......

for the next question I was thinking about doing that to the title, but considering it's only been the one week out of the past 9+ months that had the issue..i'm not gonna modify the title just yet unless it keeps happening...

I figure theres more people that have gotten benefit from the thread compared to those who haven't...i understand the issue with those two games was a PITA...I tried to resolve it..but theres only so much I could do with it..sorry.

Went to a Family Video in West Allis, WI hoping to score a copy of Aliens VS Predator. None for sale. Bummer. Was mulling over a purchase online but they don't give manuals with used games anyway so I'll grudgingly have to pass on this one, won't be able to resell it without the damned manual.

they tell me no new sales this week sorry. I also do not think there will be updates next week either. I will update the thread if they happen to add or drop prices online anyway. Dunno about you, but will give me some time to catch up on my backlog, and means the next round should (*better*) have quite a list built up.

i was hoping to get the sabatour for $10. it has been 19.99 for a month. but yeah between family video and blockbuster i have 30 games i havent touched yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back