Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XT14']yes usually, ask whoever is working if there are any left to sell...worst they can tell you is no.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks.

I had a pretty good day. I picked up Overlord 2 complete for the 360 and a PS2 slim at another store. Both store the clerks were very helpful. I would've grabbed a Mario Tennis but neither store had one with a booklet.

yah if for some reason there isnt a booklet at one store...and another store has a booklet but isnt selling a copy..just bring the copy you bought into that store..tell them you wanted a copy with the booklet..they'll let you snag one..

it varies per store and platform, but for the main 3 consoles its a couple bucks a night..cheaper the more nights you rent them for and the DS/PS2 games are cheaper on average also. You get half off rentals for a month your first time in there..so you can get 5 night rentals for about 3 bucks...not too bad, if you have a store local and haven't got a membership yet, they don't require credit cards or anything like that..so not much to lose for stopping in and checking it out even if you don't get anything

I ordered two Punch-out games from Family Video. They both came with manuals and the original cases, but for some reason the cover art on both was dull-colored like they were sitting in the sun for a long time and got faded. I also noticed that the display cases for Punch-out in Gamestop had the same faded look though they were no where near the windows of the store. Everywhere else I have gone, the cover-art looks normal and vivrant. Does anyone know why this is?

hmm..that is odd..especially since even if the titles were in the sun..if it bothers you enough check your local store (providing you have one) they will be able to swap the cover art for you...if nothing else they can just reprint some with their laser color printers to use for their store demo boxes..

No, I got them online... I don't have a family video near me. The games and everything are fine I'm more just curious as to why this is because this is because it's now twice that i've seen this. I searched online for punch-out faded cover but couldn't find anything. I've never seen this with any other game just punch-out.

[quote name='smcmanus1980']No, I got them online... I don't have a family video near me. The games and everything are fine I'm more just curious as to why this is because this is because it's now twice that i've seen this. I searched online for punch-out faded cover but couldn't find anything. I've never seen this with any other game just punch-out.[/QUOTE]

Is it a Re-Printed cover on normal printer paper? Every so often adboxes will disappear and we have to re-print them. These covers will look crappy.

Also, Removing the center sticker from a family video game/movie and using it without removing the sticky residue could be bad. After doing so for my copy of Super Smash Bros brawl, and playing the game for a few days straight, the game would not eject from the system. The reason being the residue when heated became tacky again, and stuck inside the machine.

After letting the system cool for a day or 2 it finally came out, and I discovered this was the problem. A bit of goo b gone did the trick and the sticky residue is gone, and now your disc really does look brand new! :D

I really doubt online sales would sell cover art that way, but I could be mistaken. At least I haven't heard of it before. Yah if you decide to strip that sticker off the ring, either heat it up with a hair dryer on a flat surface so you dont warp the disc, or use goo gone. Not worth damaging your system worrying about a taped on ring.

[quote name='XT14']I really doubt online sales would sell cover art that way, but I could be mistaken. At least I haven't heard of it before. Yah if you decide to strip that sticker off the ring, either heat it up with a hair dryer on a flat surface so you dont warp the disc, or use goo gone. Not worth damaging your system worrying about a taped on ring.[/QUOTE]

The used online sales come straight from the Family Video Stores. I ship out about 3-5 orders a week straight to peoples houses that come through the Familyvideo.com website. If we only have the printed cover, that's what we send. It's very rare though

No I just took a look at it again... It's definately the original cover art by the paper. The colors are just not bright like the art I've seen on the copies at TRU, Wal-Mart, etc. Like I said I noticed this on the display cases at Gamestop and thought it was odd because the cases to the actual games there were the normal bright ones. I think maybe FV had some copies without cases and decided to send them in those promotional display cases instead. I am thinking this more so now because as I look at the back of the covers - everything there is written once in English, once in French, and once in another langage (Italian/Spanish/Portuguese ...can't tell)

[quote name='smcmanus1980']as I look at the back of the covers - everything there is written once in English, once in French, and once in another langage (Italian/Spanish/Portuguese ...can't tell)[/QUOTE]

Most 1st party Nintendo games are like that. The instructions are super thick and have all 3 languages in them as well.

Ghostbusters is showing as 29.99 for The 360 version. I thought $20 sounded awfully low. Would've picked it up at that price.

okay added 3 more titles this morning..and ^^^ yes the website currently shows as 29.99, sometimes it takes a few days for it to update online..these deals are in store NOW. I don't know why there is the delay...but for all the titles I've listed previously they seem to match up after a few days. I'll make sure to update the OP to reflect that.

[quote name='pwnthee']Ghostbusters is showing as 29.99 for The 360 version. I thought $20 sounded awfully low. Would've picked it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

Check at the store level. My store is at $19.99 for Ghostbusters on the 360.

The only Family Video here is very ghetto and lame. Considering the good service I've had with them online, I bet all of them aren't like this one. I had to sheepishly leave the store without buying anything. The purchase selection was so poor that it made me feel embarrassed for them, or something.

^^yah that's a shame, smaller stores wont have as much to sell since they need to keep a couple to rent..and if they only got in a couple to begin with..well..there ya go. That's why there isn't many ps3 titles in my OP because even the big stores don't get more than a few copies most times....then you have madden where my store (averaged sized) got 20+ copies for the 360 alone. Anyway I'll update soon when I figure out what exact date the online store matches prices.

im going tomorrow to go check to see if they have any PS2 systems left...are all stores supposed to sell the systems?

^^^^jpatern yah if you have any local stores check there..mine still has some I'm sure.....and jj5206 yes stores are supposed to sell all remaining ps2 systems in stock..

Is the beatles rock band still 30$? if so I have to go buy it, but I would like to know first if anyone else has seen it.

once they drop the price they don't increase it. It doesn't seem like there are any more copies online at this moment, not sure when they would get more back in stock. In any of your stores though this price will stay the same until they either sell out or drop the price sometime in the future.

i picked up 50 cent blood in the sand for 360 at my local family video today for $9.99. the game and case are in great shape...sadly no manual though. anyone know any sites that sell manuals? cant find any on ebay.

[quote name='41down']i picked up 50 cent blood in the sand for 360 at my local family video today for $9.99. the game and case are in great shape...sadly no manual though. anyone know any sites that sell manuals? cant find any on ebay.[/QUOTE]
If you need one that bad why don't you go to your local Gamestop and take the one out of the display copies they have out on the floor for free.

^^^so thats why the new display copy I bought at gamestop came without a manual once!

j/k....no one buys the open display copies at gamestop..pay full price and don't even get to open your own new game...hope they have done away with that...or are working on it....

[quote name='cdeener']If you need one that bad why don't you go to your local Gamestop and take the one out of the display copies they have out on the floor for free.[/QUOTE]

Dude theft is not cool.

only reason I care about the manual is for resell/retrade later on.

It's not risking theft though. Just ask if you can have it with purchase of another game. For that particular title, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

^^^yeah if you run into another fam vid, just like i tell others, chance are there will be a manual..just tell them you didnt get it from another store, theyll hook you up..guess you could bring in the game just in case they give you a weird look....also another update, unfortunately there aren't any new pricings for games to be had this week..check back next week for new updates.

alright updated as of tonight one new 360 game and 5 price drops, as usual store prices are instant, online will update wednesday

Thanks for the update. Saw Mario and Sonic Winter Games for $29.95 at my store. Might pick up a couple of copies as Xmas gifts.

My store has 20 rental copies each of L4D2 and MW2 for the 360. Obviously, those will be big time candidates for future sales once the rental demand for those games dies down.

5 Price Drops this week (3 360/1 Wii/1 PS2) Also all original xbox games and gamecube games in store are dropped to $2.95 until they are gone. My store still had a few decent ones left, of course YMMV.

Thanks as always, XT14. Stopped by my local Famvid to pick up the last copy of Ghostbusters Wii. It's a no-brainer at $10. They've lowered it to $10 on the Web site already as well.

[quote name='TomJones4']Dude theft is not cool.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but it's not like instruction manuals have any monetary value.

Update as of 12/7 Removed a few sold out titles......added 2 new 360 games...dropped 6 prices of 360 games, 5 of which are now only 9.95

So are the price drops listed in-store and universal? Because I'd love Wolverine for $10 and there's a Family Video not 5 minutes away from me so I might as well get it in-store if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back