Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got X-men Wolverine today, thanks guys. Between Family Video, Gamefly, and Hastings, I've been a very happy used game shopper this Holiday season so far.

[quote name='XT14']only 2 updates this week, but here they are regardless![/QUOTE]

Thanks as always for the updates. My local Famvid store has copies of Bigs 2 for sale and I might just have to nab one now that it's $9.99.

yep and of course I should have mentioned it before..but it is in the OP.....free shipping codes and 5 dollar for spending 50 codes all of december! so if you dont have a store nearby..most of these deals will be online also.

FYI--I received my Wolverine and Overlord II order from FV yesterday. Neither game came w/ a manual. Just a forewarning that even though the OP said that 85% of the games he has ordered from FV have come w/ a manual, I would go by what they tell you on the order page--don't expect one.

I'm still happy though--two quality games out in the past six months for just over $20 shipped.

So how quick is the shipping for FamilyVideo? I've never ordered from them, but would definitely want these games to come in by Christmas. I would be planning on using the free shipping code too..

[quote name='mrcheapo11']So how quick is the shipping for FamilyVideo? I've never ordered from them, but would definitely want these games to come in by Christmas. I would be planning on using the free shipping code too..[/QUOTE]

Ordered two games last Wednesday, they shipped Thursday, then I received them yesterday. Used the free shipping code as well.

[quote name='nekromantix']Ordered two games last Wednesday, they shipped Thursday, then I received them yesterday. Used the free shipping code as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Probably going to pull the trigger on Wolverine and 50 Cent now :)

[quote name='csmason1']FYI--I received my Wolverine and Overlord II order from FV yesterday. Neither game came w/ a manual. Just a forewarning that even though the OP said that 85% of the games he has ordered from FV have come w/ a manual, I would go by what they tell you on the order page--don't expect one.

I'm still happy though--two quality games out in the past six months for just over $20 shipped.[/QUOTE]

i got the same games but they gave me manuals on both.

ordered 2 more wolverines as gifts.

[quote name='youenvy']wait how can you use bith the free shipping code n the $5--i was only able to use the $5[/QUOTE]

unfortunately I do not believe you can use both at the same time...so since shipping no matter the size of the order is 1.99..its basically save 2 bucks for under 50..save 3 dollars net above 50...not sure what happened there, I believe one promotion was pushed in store and another online..but hard to say.

Looks like they are sold out on Overlord II, was going to order a second copy and trade in the one I already got at Game Stop =( Oh well...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']These games have freaking STICKERS ON THE DISCS. They will destroy your disc reading laser![/QUOTE]

How? The laser reads from the bottom and the sticker is on the top.

Well, it makes the laser bounce all over. Remember those blockbuster stickers from back in the day? That was a big fiasco as they killed thousands of PS2's, mine included.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Well, it makes the laser bounce all over. Remember those blockbuster stickers from back in the day? That was a big fiasco as they killed thousands of PS2's, mine included.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I actually hadn't heard about this 'till 2 weeks ago when I lent a friend a game and it had a lot of dirt on the top part of the game and he told me this. This should really be more widely known, I could have destroyed some systems.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Well, it makes the laser bounce all over. Remember those blockbuster stickers from back in the day? That was a big fiasco as they killed thousands of PS2's, mine included.[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure the company has done the research to insure this doesn't happen....who would watch another company make the mistake and blindly follow suit? Anyway the sticker is on the center ring of the disc..which the laser doesn't get to last i checked. I know some of us are anal and like the ring removed (including at times myself) which is very easy to do...but let's be realistic here...no matter if you keep that tiny sticker there or not..it's not gonna destroy your console.

no new deals to report on this week...dunno why the back to back weeks..but as usual will be back next week to report on any updates..

Just an observation, if you are going to buy ODST in store make sure you get both discs, because I noticed that they are renting the 2nd disc with Halo 3 multiplayer on it separately. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but just an FYI.

^^^yeah good point there...everyone is "supposed" to be instructed to sell with both discs..but might have to remind some of the non-gamers out there...technically your receipt should ring up the main disc as 39.94 and the multiplayer disc as .01

Saw a copy of Overlord II, but it rang up 29.95 so I just left with Ghostbusters on the Wii for $10. Almost got a copy of Punchout, but since it didn't have the manual I passed on it as well.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']has anyone got the free shpping code to work recently?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not working for me either. I guess I won't be making my first purchase from Family Video any time soon.

EDIT - From what I've found, it was only good through Christmas. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ksuwild25']Saw a copy of Overlord II, but it rang up 29.95 so I just left with Ghostbusters on the Wii for $10. Almost got a copy of Punchout, but since it didn't have the manual I passed on it as well.[/QUOTE]

you can only purchase the games in store if they have a sticker on them, otherwise it will ring up at the retail price. If you're saying you in fact did bring a copy up to the counter and they still tried to charge you that, there was in error. The prices here are accurate for every store in the nation. If for some reason even after you tell them that there is a problem, feel free to call the number on the website and give them the stores info..they'll correct it.

I have to comment on FamilyVideo's customer service (the website at least). I recieved the wrong case from an order I had placed and sent them a email about it. Within the same day I received a response back and they immediately shipped me a replacement. I'm impressed. Thanks FV!

Does anybody know how long the PS2's have been $29.99? I might go look for one tomorrow but if they've been that cheap for awhile I might as well not bother.

[quote name='mistymayem']Does anybody know how long the PS2's have been $29.99? I might go look for one tomorrow but if they've been that cheap for awhile I might as well not bother.[/QUOTE]

prolly about 2-3 months..and yah..i'd call first..although most stores don't seem to advertise, the renting rate was $20 for 5 nights with a game...and for someone actually wanting to rent it...wasn't hard to convince them to buy it out for 10 dollars more.

[quote name='XT14']prolly about 2-3 months..and yah..i'd call first..although most stores don't seem to advertise, the renting rate was $20 for 5 nights with a game...and for someone actually wanting to rent it...wasn't hard to convince them to buy it out for 10 dollars more.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks!

I was pretty disappointed in the shape 2 of my games came in, and 4 dvd's I bought, they are all rather rough looking, scuffs and everything. Batman seems to play fine, Wolverine seems to play fine. (both have stickers also, havent broken my system yet)... haven't tried the dvds yet.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I was pretty disappointed in the shape 2 of my games came in, and 4 dvd's I bought, they are all rather rough looking, scuffs and everything. Batman seems to play fine, Wolverine seems to play fine. (both have stickers also, havent broken my system yet)... haven't tried the dvds yet.[/QUOTE]

well when shipping out used titles they actually come from the stores directly. We are supposed to clean all discs that are sent out to anyone so that issue doesn't come up. If you have any issues whatsoever stop by a local store and they will clean it for free, or replace it. Of course if you don't happen to live by a local store you would have to contact the website, but as others have attested to, they will take care of you without issue. Of course the laughable sticker breaking consoles idea people bring up is another issue all together...

[quote name='XT14']well when shipping out used titles they actually come from the stores directly. We are supposed to clean all discs that are sent out to anyone so that issue doesn't come up. If you have any issues whatsoever stop by a local store and they will clean it for free, or replace it. Of course if you don't happen to live by a local store you would have to contact the website, but as others have attested to, they will take care of you without issue. Of course the laughable sticker breaking consoles idea people bring up is another issue all together...[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, I was being sarcastic about the stickers breaking my xbox lol.

Everything seems to be working okay, I've put several hours into Wolverine and my brother has been playing the heck outta Batman, and I tried the dvds out today, all seems to work okay. I just wish I had room on my harddrive to install and be sure, but yeah no family videos near me, and nothing is bad enough for me to deal with the hassle of contacting them, shipping stuff back out, waiting, etc. I did place the order 2 weeks before Christmas and ended up receiving the items a week after, which I thought was kind of rediculous, but oh well.

[quote name='freshzen']Rogue Warrior is tempting sadly, but it'll probably be a $18 used at Game Stop in no time at all.[/QUOTE]

are you referring to the game that IGN rates as abysmal? This game is sure to go down into gaming history as one of the greats of all time I'm sure...I wasn't sure why I was so tempted to force it to fit into the title of the thread, but hey...if you were honestly serious about it tempting you..guess someone was interested. I'm sure it'll drop down to 19.95 at fam vid here in a little while, and eventually to 9.95....but like anything else...gotta pay a little extra to get it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back