Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a copy of Singularity online and it has a small crack on the outside ring and it will not load onto my xbox, how would i go about returning or exchanging this item?

^^^ you have multiple options...replace it in any family video store, or contact the ecommerce website. They will take care of it as well. Feel free to check the FAQs on the OP for a few other questions if needbe.

[quote name='XT14']yep...thanks again for updating if I was a little late. Just to repeat the above words...if you haven't stopped in to look for some titles, now is the time to do so as stores "should" have everything current[/QUOTE]

Thanks to this post I stopped at FV. They still didn't have everything properly marked but I seen Tales of the Abyss on the $5 rack without a sticker. I just took it up to the desk and said I want to buy it and everything went well.

So if you see a game that's not stickered and you want it, I say give it a shot!

Love this thread. I stopped in to pick up Iron Man 2 and it was still marked $29.95. Brought it up to the counter and the lady was like "Oh, yeah, the price on it is the price it is." I asked her to please check it for me regardless, a friend bought it for $10. She gave me the stink eye and said "from here?" and I said "No, not literally here, but a family video store in another city, yes".. so she scanned it, promptly ate her words and I was out the door for $10. Thanks again OP.. they still have stuff marked with old prices so hopefully more drops happen!

Hell, they didn't even have Singularity or Kane and Lynch marked for sale!

Also, any tips on how to clean the goo from the center ring sticker? I hate the center ring sticker they use.

i dont think our store has a single PS2 game listed for sale .... most of them have the 99 cent 5 day stickers on them

Will check it out tomorrow when i either pick up for rent

Nightmare on elm street or the new pokemon ranger game (hopefully they have it tomorrow

Can a store limit how many coupons i can use? there was a coupon 2x last thursday in the paper

FREE MOVIE OR GAME limit 1 per visit... Well the paper were selling of the books (it was a best of city award book)

for 25 cents per book.. so i got 20 books for 5 bucks..

Went in last week
Tuesday movie
Weds some Ds game
Thursday dark house movie
Friday pig hunt movie
Saturday Frozen

When i went in saturday the worker just ripped the coupon up and tossed the movie at me... i though hey its not my problem the Newspaper sold your coupons for 25 cents each

Plan on getting 4 movies and a game this week :)

I've never seen any just flat out free rental coupon like that. At least not one that wasn't mailed out from the corporate office. As far as a limit thats really at the DM's discretion as to what they take or don't take for coupons. Also all of their 99 cent games should be for sale, I would say you could ask at the counter but if the employee's already aren't being cheery like they should be then it might not be the best time to ask.

Also if anyone was curious theres no new updates this week but hopefully next week with medal of honor they will sticker some stuff to clear out.

is iron man 2 good for just 10? Or is it that bad? Loving the new mobile formatted CAG! Cuts load times waaaay down on phone

okay..no new updates this week...in reponse to the above questions/comments...yes sometimes they give out some random coupons in different places, so don't hesitiate to look. If you have them and they are real, we will take them!
Secondly, sorry I didn't update it earlier, but the .99 cent ps2 games should be listed at 4.95 if there are multiple copies. If you see one you must have that isn't priced with one copy, they might sell it off anyway, YMMV as it is managers decision, but as you've seen some people have had good luck.
Lastly I am not sure exactly what you mean JustYourAverageJoe...but if something isn't stickered, feel free to ask...they might have not got around to it yet...good luck!

oh and if you feel the need to peel the center ring from the center....try goo gone on something, don't wanna ruin the inside of your system if that thing sticks on the inside...If the sticker doesn't bother you though I encourage you to keep it on. Makes it a lot easier to track and take care of any problems if you happen to have any arise after purchasing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow our local VF didnt get crap today in movies..

Never got spliced
never got nightmare on elm street and a few other ones

said the studio never sent the movies check back weds or thursday

They said they were to get the new pokemon game in today but they didnt get it :(

[quote name='XT14']Lastly I am not sure exactly what you mean JustYourAverageJoe...but if something isn't stickered, feel free to ask...they might have not got around to it yet...good luck![/QUOTE]
I meant, if for example Singularity is now sold for $19.99, and the store has three copies but none are stickered for sale, can I just bring it up and ask? I feel as though I read that in a post here and thought it was worth asking for clarification. I've probably just misunderstood something.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I meant, if for example Singularity is now sold for $19.99, and the store has three copies but none are stickered for sale, can I just bring it up and ask? I feel as though I read that in a post here and thought it was worth asking for clarification. I've probably just misunderstood something.[/QUOTE]

They only sell down to a certain amount depending on the game but most of the time it is 3.

As for the movies comment yah those studios just switched their production companies and apparently are having a hard time getting their stuff shipped out on time.

[quote name='polishpride212']There are some good games, but the closest FV is 160 miles away, according to the website.[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with them and they dont price match the online store anyway.

Just ordered my first things from FV, here is to hoping all goes well.

(Iron man 2, GI Joe and Xmen Wolverine for 360)

Last week I ordered Bound in Blood, came in great condition. Was very satisfied. Saturday ordered Singularity it still has not shipped, inquired to customer service via their contact page, we'll see how things go.

[quote name='Aswedfrog']I just got off the phone with them and they dont price match the online store anyway.[/QUOTE]

not sure why youre quoting something from the first page...but they don't really need to price match because with a few exceptions, the store prices are identical to the online prices...my posts are for the in store prices primarily, the online prices just tend to match up with those making it convinient to check both locations if you are interested.

My order finally shipped after being in fullfillment for 6 days. So im looking at about half a months time max to get my delivery. Not super happy about that, but they did respond to my email about what was going on with the order and where actually honest about what happened unlike most of the retailers on my crap list like gohastings. If the discs come in good condition I will order again. If you're not in a rush to get your games definetly give them a try.

hmm I want crackdown 2. My store never puts anything up for sale though. I haven't ever seen the buy it stickers on any cases. I have however asked them to purchase games and depending on the clerk they will do it. Is this normal practice?

No it's not I would ask the store manager as to why their not stickering anything and if they say its because their shipping stuff to other stores (thats the excuse a lot will use) say that you read online that every single store in the company is supposed to be stickering stuff for sale and so your a little confused.

Yeah. I understand bad company 2 is a popular game but they still have like 15 copies of it.

I think they have like 5 alien vs predators and a million of every other crappy title that's been marked to $20 recently.

yah I'm never really sure why some management teams feel the need to hold onto extra copies of things that don't rent...games are not like movies...there are not as many people wanting to play the older ones when newer better ones come out. These are company wide drops, not suggestions, so yes if your store has 3+ copies of these games feel free to bring it up to them that you believe you should be able to purchase one of them. Depending on the title we keep typically between 2-4 copies avaliable for rent...so any more than that is unneeded. Good luck!

When will the prices hit the website? I like to grab TF War and Dead to rights Ret. I am tempted on crackdown 2 but orb collecting burned me out in the first.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']When will the prices hit the website? I like to grab TF War and Dead to rights Ret. I am tempted on crackdown 2 but orb collecting burned me out in the first.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure this is B&M only.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']When will the prices hit the website? I like to grab TF War and Dead to rights Ret. I am tempted on crackdown 2 but orb collecting burned me out in the first.[/QUOTE]

I just visited the website and all of those games are listed as being in stock at the new prices.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah. I understand bad company 2 is a popular game but they still have like 15 copies of it.

I think they have like 5 alien vs predators and a million of every other crappy title that's been marked to $20 recently.[/QUOTE]

They will only sell the stuff listed on the op as thats is what as a company wide not just that store has excess copies of. Bad Co 2 is a huge multiplayer game so it makes sense to have a dozen copies of that game because people will keep renting it if they want something different from call of duty. With medal of honor coming out maybe that will change and that will be added to the list but I wouldn't count on it happening for another month or so.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']They will only sell the stuff listed on the op as thats is what as a company wide not just that store has excess copies of. Bad Co 2 is a huge multiplayer game so it makes sense to have a dozen copies of that game because people will keep renting it if they want something different from call of duty. With medal of honor coming out maybe that will change and that will be added to the list but I wouldn't count on it happening for another month or so.[/QUOTE]

All Titles Below $29.95
Battlefield: Bad Company 2

All Titles Below $19.95
Aliens Vs. Predator

They've been listed there for months, and even dropped price since being listed. Thanks for the help, family video dude. Will make an effort today.

Even though its on the list if the store rents out of it on a regular basis like the store that I go to they still have a dozen or so copies because its still a hot renter. I forgot it was on the list though so that is my bad but if thats the only one they haven't stickered then that is more then likely the reason. As far as avp I couldnt imagine any reason if they still have a bunch of copies that they wouldn't want to sell it.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Dead to Rights is still showing 19.99 for me[/QUOTE]

UGH, you're right. I must have glanced over that.

well they told me NO at first on crackdown 2, luckily the manager was there and I asked why not since it's on their price drop list for the week, according to someone at corporate who posts on a deals forum.

He looked it up and sold it to me for $20.

This store has TWELVE copies of Splinter Cell Conviction sitting on the wall unrented.

Another 5 of Alpha Protocol i saw without stickers, I have to correct there were only 12, not 15 unrented BFBC2 sitting on the shelf too.

The only games with buy it stickers were some very ancient PS2 games in their own separate section.

I guess i'll take it as a positive thing since they don't put out price stickers it's less likely they'll sell the copies they can sell when the price drops..

Received order today great condition with manuals. Will probably order more even though it takes awhile to get your order.It seems like their inventory system at some of the stores are not in compliance with the rest of the company. Took almost a week for them to put my order in the mail since it had to bounce store to store untill it was filled and the stores had not kept on top of their inventory.

^^^yah our store has been receiving some rather odd orders lately that we have had to send to other stores. I am not sure if it is coincidence or if there is a glitch in their system? Glad you got your order in good condition after your long wait....hope that issue was a one time deal, people usually get their stuff relatively quickly from what I've seen.

And for those who have continue to have problems with stores...once again feel free to PM me the location and I'll see if there's anything I can do to keep things a bit more consistant. Our company is filled usually with people who are on top of their game, but I keep seeing issues come up on here at least. Since I am just an employee that posts on my personal time...I can't make promises, but figure I could give it a shot.

Usually have no problems..BUT just made a call to our FV and they still have DTR:RET and Alpha Protocol listed $29.95. Sucks

unless they looked them up in the computer their stickers are probably out of date then. Might be worth another call.

[quote name='mogamer']I just visited the website and all of those games are listed as being in stock at the new prices.[/QUOTE]

You should look again Dead to rights is 19.99 the old price and transformers is 29.99 old price among the other new prices just posted as well. I got my hopes up and went and checked and nope...

I should update the OP if I can narrow down a time when they usually update the games on Wednesday. I think it's usually between 10AM-Noon Eastern...guess we will see if that happens to happen this time or not.

Sweet i was gonna buy either or but i am buying both DTR and TF War. I know most of my time is going towards playing reach only but these 2 games are a must get at these prices. I hope the TF comes with a manual at least. It was either buying these 2 or buying fallout new vegas... I am hoping that drops on sale for a extra 10 off in nov. Then i got black ops omg to many games i need to clone myself!

Those are some good drops! I've heard Crackdown2 is pretty crappy, but I loved the first and that's a decent price.
I haven't tried Alan Wake at all but the reviews all seem solid. Is it worth it for $20 (and a place in the backlog) or am I fine to wait and try to grab it for $15 or so in a future Gamefly sale?

[quote name='brkptr']Those are some good drops! I've heard Crackdown2 is pretty crappy, but I loved the first and that's a decent price.
I haven't tried Alan Wake at all but the reviews all seem solid. Is it worth it for $20 (and a place in the backlog) or am I fine to wait and try to grab it for $15 or so in a future Gamefly sale?[/QUOTE]

I personally loved Crackdown 2, especially if played with friends.
It's not worth $60, considering I beat it 3 times in 2 days, but still a very fun game.

I also loved Crackdown 2, like sandman said, its not worth $60 but at $20 its definitely worth it!

Aslo picked up iron man 2 for $10, thanks for the free shipping code sandman

[quote name='Brother Daz']I also loved Crackdown 2, like sandman said, its not worth $60 but at $20 its definitely worth it!

Aslo picked up iron man 2 for $10, thanks for the free shipping code sandman[/QUOTE]

Just glad to contribute something when I can.
Kinda off topic, but I see you've played Enslaved.
I thought about picking it up at the B2G1 at GS this weekend.
Do you think it's worth $60? I heard it's kinda short.

I've only scratched the surface, but so far I am really enjoying it. I dont know if its worth $60, maybe $40. Its a beatiful game and the story seems pretty solid. If you were to pick it up during the b2g1 deal and you like this type of game, I would say pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back