Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, have the updates in, I figured we'd be waiting until tomorrow due to the holiday, but here we are, nothing too cheap this week, but hopefully a few things people get use from. Cya next week!

I got Transformers: War for Cybertron not long ago and just tried it last night. Worked perfect, disc was in fantastic shape, original case and art, no manual. Not a huge deal considering the price. I'm sure I'll give some repeat business.

might have to run by my store and see if they have any copies of Tron Evolution...i've been wanting to pick this game up and $19.95 sounds good too me :)

Eh. Decided to pick Blood Stone up for $20. Case and disc are in awesome shape and I got a manual this time.

I can see myself making FV a weekly stop after classes or when I have errands to run. These prices for some of these games are too good to pass up on sometimes.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']So I guess they're not going to have any used copies of Black Ops anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

As the other person pointed out with the call of duty games they never go down in price. I've never seen any of the call of duty games for sale at family video so I doubt that this one would be any different. Then again ya never know

Ordered Alpha Protocol for $12.51 after taxes and shipping on the 19th and it showed up today (21st). Case and disc in excellent shape but no manual (not expected but would have been nice). I will definitely keep my eyes open for more deals from this place now.

Surprised to see the site didn't update with new games this week, I figured they would have, considering this seems to be a big week for price drops and additions. Oh well, there's always next week.

yah it's been a rather funky week for them online it seems with these deals seeming to be in store only...hopefully not a trend that continues...thanks to the above poster for noticing my previous error...and again thanks to everyone for checking the updates weekly....finally got to 100,000 views...not a big milestone compared to some other threads such as Amazon/Kmart/etc...but thanks for those that have checked it out! see ya monday night for (hopeful) new updates

what I hate about Family video is that everything is soooooooooooooooooooo ymmv. For instance, most of the games on the list on page one aren't even for sale at my Family Vid store. I ask and they say it is based on quantities in stock and every store is different. I quit going after reading posts on here because I get tired of driving back and forth and being disappointed.

I have been in there 15x hoping to see Alan Wake for $10, but no go. Very frustrating. And online the darn thing is $28 in their online store.

Would go for NBA Jam, but don't see any online. Other price drops are okay, but not too huge. Like many, I'm waiting for some of these 20 dollar games to get to 10.

[quote name='Mizzou75']did you have them scan it? or check the book?[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was packed (went in around 5pm) so I just got outta there.

I'll probably just order it online if the price changes.

Edit: Correction, only the Wii version is available online as of now, so I guess I'll have them scan it/check 'the book'.

Picked up NBA Jam on 360 tonight. Had to have them look it up on the computer, but they were more than accommodating. The guy even ran it in the buffer for me and I was out the door.

sorry to ruin it for you all this week, but only good news this week is you can keep the money in your wallets as there are no updates....will be back next week with hopefully a good list

[quote name='XT14']sorry to ruin it for you all this week, but only good news this week is you can keep the money in your wallets as there are no updates....will be back next week with hopefully a good list[/QUOTE]

dang, i was really hoping for a $10 Bloodstone...oh well, maybe next week...thanks for giving us the update...

[quote name='AEJustin1']$10 EA MMA please! lol I would def buy it at that price![/QUOTE]
Do you not need to pay for online pass code with this game if you buy it used? This is the only reason i did not buy it. I missed out on the EA sale of $11 shipped cause there stinking site would not let me login like many others had the same problem.

So can someone explain this from the OP to me again:Selling All But 1 Copy of Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rentals for 9.95

If there is are say, 5 copies of Game X, and Game X has a "Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental" sticker on the case, they are allowed to sell the all 4 of Game X for $9.95.
That is how I am reading it. It that correct?

[quote name='AEJustin1']I'm sure you would have to buy an online pass for it, but not sure on that. I missed out on the ea deal yesterday myself.[/QUOTE]

But is that 100% sure cause MOH is EA and has a online pass but it plays online without it. I ended up adding it the next day and got a bunch of free stuff but no pass on that game still lets you game online like normal.

I just hate to drop $23-24 shipped with tax for a used copy then spend 10 for the online pass. I guess EA is winning the used game war cause i am even not buying them. I was going to rent it but then i have to pay $10 to play it online for the rental period. I just like to know if 100% you need a online pass to play it online. If so even at $10 used i doubt i will bite. The EA deal was insane and not shocked how there ghetto servers did that yet again to us. I never seen worse from a company like EA. We pay more and servers get worse. If the servers were decent i would drop another $10.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']So can someone explain this from the OP to me again:Selling All But 1 Copy of Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rentals for 9.95

If there is are say, 5 copies of Game X, and Game X has a "Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental" sticker on the case, they are allowed to sell the all 4 of Game X for $9.95.
That is how I am reading it. It that correct?[/QUOTE]

If what your saying is that they can sell each of the 4 other copies for 9.95 then yes. If they have 2 copies of the same game and their rent 1 get 1 then they should be stickered at 9.95 each

[quote name='EYEL1NER']So can someone explain this from the OP to me again:Selling All But 1 Copy of Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rentals for 9.95

That is how I am reading it. It that correct?[/QUOTE]

all four games would be $9.95, yes.

Well, I went in and they had almost nothing in the way of R1G1 stickered games. They were either sold down to one already or had two, but they were all games that I probably wouldn't pay $10 for.
I also counted while I was there. They have almost 400 PS2 games available to rent. They have 1 PS2 game for sale, Parappa 2. Man, they have some good games I would want to buy....Xenosaga 3, Xmen Legends 2...

Wish I could get to some of your stores. Have yet to find a single game at mine marked like the deals posted in this thread and when I ask I am simply told it has to do with number of copies on hand or some such BS.

I actually just bought
castlevania(20),
NBA JAM(20),
Alan wake(10),
Splinter cell conviction(10)
Spiderman shattered Dimenstion(20),
Fable 3(20),
Dead Rising 2(20),
Army of 2 40th day (10)

and for ps3 i bought
God Of War 3 (10)

Im waiting on Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Mafia 2 and splatterhouse to drop to 20 and MMA to drop to 10 and ill be on those also lol

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Well, I went in and they had almost nothing in the way of R1G1 stickered games. They were either sold down to one already or had two, but they were all games that I probably wouldn't pay $10 for.
I also counted while I was there. They have almost 400 PS2 games available to rent. They have 1 PS2 game for sale, Parappa 2. Man, they have some good games I would want to buy....Xenosaga 3, Xmen Legends 2...[/QUOTE]

This.

The PS2 games outnumber all other consoles combined at my local store. Despite the fact that they are not renting they will still not sell them. What gives?

okay, haven't been on in a few days to check...but i'll add some info here for people. Yes what I meant by the first page on the R1G1 games (with the star on them) being priced is if there are more than one copy left...all remaining will be for sale...that is for sure and you could argue with the people there to check their used games sales list if they refuse to sell you one.

Now onto the PS2 issue. The official response from the company we have is that we can sell as many of our $.99 rentals at $4.95 as we would like. This is left up to management's discretion. At the stores close to me we have decided to price all of them for sale. The mindset behind this is that although the PS2 is still fairly popular, it's becoming cheaper and cheaper for people to put the next gen consoles in their house....so time to clear out inventory now while people still want them. Other markets may have decided to just wait off...so they aren't "required" to sell them off. You could ask them to check the used games sales list as it basically mimics what I just said, and possibly convince them to sell some off to you...but unfortunately this is one of the more YMMV deals there is. Although I wish all stores were similar to mine, and want to make as much sales revenue as possible...they sometimes can be stubborn. Sorry for any issues anyone has been facing with this, but good luck!

[quote name='XT14']okay, haven't been on in a few days to check...but i'll add some info here for people. Yes what I meant by the first page on the R1G1 games (with the star on them) being priced is if there are more than one copy left...all remaining will be for sale...that is for sure and you could argue with the people there to check their used games sales list if they refuse to sell you one.

Now onto the PS2 issue. The official response from the company we have is that we can sell as many of our $.99 rentals at $4.95 as we would like. This is left up to management's discretion. At the stores close to me we have decided to price all of them for sale. The mindset behind this is that although the PS2 is still fairly popular, it's becoming cheaper and cheaper for people to put the next gen consoles in their house....so time to clear out inventory now while people still want them. Other markets may have decided to just wait off...so they aren't "required" to sell them off. You could ask them to check the used games sales list as it basically mimics what I just said, and possibly convince them to sell some off to you...but unfortunately this is one of the more YMMV deals there is. Although I wish all stores were similar to mine, and want to make as much sales revenue as possible...they sometimes can be stubborn. Sorry for any issues anyone has been facing with this, but good luck![/QUOTE]
Oh I know it's up to the manager to put them out for sale or not, I've seen you talk about it before. But my store doesn't like to do that. It's their prerogative I guess. They can just have a huge selection of PS2 games that never move.

[quote name='XT14']okay, haven't been on in a few days to check...but i'll add some info here for people. Yes what I meant by the first page on the R1G1 games (with the star on them) being priced is if there are more than one copy left...all remaining will be for sale...that is for sure and you could argue with the people there to check their used games sales list if they refuse to sell you one.

Now onto the PS2 issue. The official response from the company we have is that we can sell as many of our $.99 rentals at $4.95 as we would like. This is left up to management's discretion. At the stores close to me we have decided to price all of them for sale. The mindset behind this is that although the PS2 is still fairly popular, it's becoming cheaper and cheaper for people to put the next gen consoles in their house....so time to clear out inventory now while people still want them. Other markets may have decided to just wait off...so they aren't "required" to sell them off. You could ask them to check the used games sales list as it basically mimics what I just said, and possibly convince them to sell some off to you...but unfortunately this is one of the more YMMV deals there is. Although I wish all stores were similar to mine, and want to make as much sales revenue as possible...they sometimes can be stubborn. Sorry for any issues anyone has been facing with this, but good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'll just have to buddy up with some of the employees. ;)

Also, I grabbed a couple of the R1G1 games tonight: Farcry 2 and Battlefield Bad Company for $10 each. Not too shabby considering five nights rental would have set me back $7 each.

[quote name='Dthruking']I actually just bought
castlevania(20),
NBA JAM(20),
Alan wake(10),
Splinter cell conviction(10)
Spiderman shattered Dimenstion(20),
Fable 3(20),
Dead Rising 2(20),
Army of 2 40th day (10)

and for ps3 i bought
God Of War 3 (10)

Im waiting on Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Mafia 2 and splatterhouse to drop to 20 and MMA to drop to 10 and ill be on those also lol[/QUOTE]

What store sold you god of war for 10? Or for that matter all of those games because half of them were sold for the wrong amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back