Official Final Fantasy III DS thread

[quote name='io']
And Roufuss - $20? Why on earth would they do that? Well, that's a damn fine deal. But my $35 preorder from GR amounts to a cheaper price (in original trade-in fodder anyway). It's when games hit $10 so soon after release (and I bought them at release) that I get pissed ;).[/QUOTE]

Some kind of special 1 day only holiday sale.

I need to start playing again. Last time I played I ended up getting lost again. This is the thing that drive me nuts about older RPGs(and a few of the newer ones). They don't alway give you any clues on where to go, and if they do it's usually a vague one. Maybe I should have pick up the guide for it...

[quote name='Yaxley']The final boss is level 60, and most of the enemies leading up to it are between 50 and 55. For comparison, the Yellow Dragon is Lvl 50, the Green Dragon is 60, and the Red Dragon is 70. All of which is to say that you can beat the game even if you aren't a dragon slaying machine. The Red Dragon is one tough SOB.

My characters were all level 57 when I beat it. If all of your characters were at job level 99 with their master items, you might be able to do it as low as level 55, but given how long it takes to get to the final boss and how much time you lose if you die, I'd recommend being at least level 57 or 58 before you make the final run.[/quote]Cool. Any job reccomendations?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I need to start playing again. Last time I played I ended up getting lost again. This is the thing that drive me nuts about older RPGs(and a few of the newer ones). They don't alway give you any clues on where to go, and if they do it's usually a vague one. Maybe I should have pick up the guide for it...[/quote]

Don't. Gamefaqs is really helpful.

[quote name='Yaxley']The final boss is level 60, and most of the enemies leading up to it are between 50 and 55. For comparison, the Yellow Dragon is Lvl 50, the Green Dragon is 60, and the Red Dragon is 70. All of which is to say that you can beat the game even if you aren't a dragon slaying machine. The Red Dragon is one tough SOB.

My characters were all level 57 when I beat it. If all of your characters were at job level 99 with their master items, you might be able to do it as low as level 55, but given how long it takes to get to the final boss and how much time you lose if you die, I'd recommend being at least level 57 or 58 before you make the final run.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. And of course, I ran into TWO red dragons first, back when I was level 50 or so :rofl:. Last time I saw a green though (with my chars around 55 or so). He still killed me but I got in several more rounds first. I swear I did 40-50,000 damage on him. Hopefully I was close at least. I guess I'll continue to level until 60 at least. I'm only going to have 1 char at job level 99 (my Geomancer). I could switch my Ninja back to a thief and use him too, but I like the Ninja better ;).

About the "time you lose if you die" - how much of it is past that mirror/statues room where the dragons are (I think they are commonly in a room or two before that, actually)? It takes 10-15 random battles to get there if you know the route (and I've done it so many times now I think I have it down). How much is BEYOND that before the final boss? No spoilers necessary of course, just a rough guess of how many battles, how much time. Is it a lot more running around? If so, that would suck, because it's a pretty long haul just to get there (with no saving).

[quote name='io']About the "time you lose if you die" - how much of it is past that mirror/statues room where the dragons are (I think they are commonly in a room or two before that, actually)? It takes 10-15 random battles to get there if you know the route (and I've done it so many times now I think I have it down). How much is BEYOND that before the final boss? No spoilers necessary of course, just a rough guess of how many battles, how much time. Is it a lot more running around? If so, that would suck, because it's a pretty long haul just to get there (with no saving).[/quote]

If you're talking of the room I'm thinking of, you're maybe halfway there. Yes, there is a lot more running around winding paths coming up, and moreso if you don't know where you're going. There are a good number of battles you have to get through, plus more if you want all the good treasure chests (and trust me, you want them). Without going back to check, I'd say you have an additional 25-30 battles and at least another 45 minutes before you get to the last boss. P.S. - Once you go through the portal to the final part of the dungeon, you can't teleport out. I thought I'd be smart and get all the treasure, then go out to save and heal, but you can't do that.

[quote name='Yaxley']If you're talking of the room I'm thinking of, you're maybe halfway there. Yes, there is a lot more running around winding paths coming up, and moreso if you don't know where you're going. There are a good number of battles you have to get through, plus more if you want all the good treasure chests (and trust me, you want them). Without going back to check, I'd say you have an additional 25-30 battles and at least another 45 minutes before you get to the last boss. P.S. - Once you go through the portal to the final part of the dungeon, you can't teleport out. I thought I'd be smart and get all the treasure, then go out to save and heal, but you can't do that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read enough of a FAQ to see that there was a point of no return. When I got into the room with the statues and a big mirror-thing I figured that was it. Well, I'll definitely wait till level 60 before even making a run at it. I'll just make sure I have lots of Elixirs left (have only used one so far) so my Onion Knight can keep those healing spells recharged ;).

Finally started playing this game today:

3479 7857 2018

2 hours in, already died twice because I got too far ahead of myself.

*edit* Added everyone to Mognet in this thread.

I just started playing this game this weekend. It's such an awesome game. I sort of wish they remade all the other FFs, so I could play them all in 3d. I know the story isn't that great, but I'm having a really good time with it and now I can see why people made a fuss about the job system. It really keeps the game interesting. I think it's hard to develop chars with the job system though because they have to be more generalized, so they can take on any job. I've only played ff7 though and golden sun as per the last console rpgs I really remember. I've played plenty more pc rpgs like baldur's gate and the like and ff3 is somewhat comparable, though I hear 4 and 6 are much better story wise, so I'm sort of excited to see what they have to offer. I just wish they were in 3d. I just feel like ff3 has a polished and more enjoyable feel in that respect.

I just finished the gold manor and got my ship back. I'm currently running a Knight/Monk/White Mage/Geomancer party.

I'm going to add everyone's fc to my list and message some people if they don't mind. My FC is: 090280255461

Got it at TRu today, here's my friend code:

1203-4535-9163

Will be adding everyone, and would appreciate an add back. I needs me some Onion Knight.

--Edit--ok I added every friend code in this thread, so please add me back anyone/everyone.

I must have missed a hint somewhere, cause now I'm stuck after dealing with the dwarves.
The only mention they make of where to go is Guysahl, where I bought a few magic keys for fun, and in that town, the only thing to do is buy Greens and go store some stuff in the fat chocobo. Where am I supposed to head next?

Dammit. I got to the point of no return without knowing it was such. So, I kinda just had to run around and try and level using as few elixers and potions as possible. I had everyone at least 57, but I still died against the final boss. No, I'm back at level 53 with everyone. Damn. Well, guess I'll level to 60 before giving it another run.

[quote name='botticus']I must have missed a hint somewhere, cause now I'm stuck after dealing with the dwarves.
The only mention they make of where to go is Guysahl, where I bought a few magic keys for fun, and in that town, the only thing to do is buy Greens and go store some stuff in the fat chocobo. Where am I supposed to head next?
[/quote]
Well, if you're where I think you are, and it's been a long time, so I'm making an educated guess,
try flying off the edge of the world. It should put you in the world below the Floating Continent and into the Wrecked Ship. Eventually you'll open up a whole lot more. Unless I'm way off base and you're not at the part I think you are.

[quote name='Squee']Go to one of the indoor springs you find around towns.[/QUOTE]

Tried that, it restored my HP and MP, but it didn't revive Arc.

[quote name='hone']Most towns have revival springs, try finding another one in town? or a different town?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there appears to be 2 different kinds of springs.

Anyway, I made another levelling run at the Crystal Tower last night. Did a bunch of random battles, levelled everyone from 55 to 57 or so. Then, one more battle before I teleport out and save - fucking RED DRAGON. The thing annihilated me. Damn... All that progress lost.

I did manage to pick up the Master weapon for my Geomancer though (and saved after I did that). But since she was at level 99 I had her converted back to a low level White Mage. I figured I'd burn up her healing spells until the near the end and then switch her back to a Geomancer.

The thing is, my party has NO problem blowing through every other enemy in the Crystal Tower. Just those damn dragons that give me problems.

I might have posted the wrong friend code... mines is:

0129-6974-4669

I still haven't been able to send or receive mail through Mognet =( I connect fine, though. Can somebody try sending to me?

Enjoying the game so far.

Currently at Doga's place, at roughly level 28. My jobs are Dragoon, Geomancer, White Mage, and Dark Knight.

Right now I'm thinking of ditching the DK until later to level up a thief, as I've heard that
Odin requires a thief for the Gungir steal, and that the thief will be worth it.
However, I'm somewhat reluctant to do so, as my thief is doing absolute shit for damage (he has a "top-of-the-line 40 dmg Boomerang) and I'm already sick of thieves, as I have enough Magic Keys to get any job done.

Ideas? Should I hang in there and give the thief a chance? Because I'd rather go to my 130+ weapon DK than my 40 weapon THF.

[quote name='Moxio']Enjoying the game so far.

Currently at Doga's place, at roughly level 28. My jobs are Dragoon, Geomancer, White Mage, and Dark Knight.

Right now I'm thinking of ditching the DK until later to level up a thief, as I've heard that
Odin requires a thief for the Gungir steal, and that the thief will be worth it.
However, I'm somewhat reluctant to do so, as my thief is doing absolute shit for damage (he has a "top-of-the-line 40 dmg Boomerang) and I'm already sick of thieves, as I have enough Magic Keys to get any job done.

Ideas? Should I hang in there and give the thief a chance? Because I'd rather go to my 130+ weapon DK than my 40 weapon THF.[/QUOTE]
well odin is optional, so fight him when you are ready.

[quote name='hohez']Got it at TRu today, here's my friend code:

1203-4535-9163

Will be adding everyone, and would appreciate an add back. I needs me some Onion Knight.

--Edit--ok I added every friend code in this thread, so please add me back anyone/everyone.[/QUOTE]

Done.

ok i think ive added everyone up to this point. does anyone know what adding a class signature does? i have knight, ninja, black mage, and sage if anyone's interested

[quote name='Aberforth']ok i think ive added everyone up to this point. does anyone know what adding a class signature does? i have knight, ninja, black mage, and sage if anyone's interested[/quote]

It allows the person you mailed, to get the class weapon of whatever signature you added.

[quote name='io']Yeah, there appears to be 2 different kinds of springs.

Anyway, I made another levelling run at the Crystal Tower last night. Did a bunch of random battles, levelled everyone from 55 to 57 or so. Then, one more battle before I teleport out and save - fucking RED DRAGON. The thing annihilated me. Damn... All that progress lost.

I did manage to pick up the Master weapon for my Geomancer though (and saved after I did that). But since she was at level 99 I had her converted back to a low level White Mage. I figured I'd burn up her healing spells until the near the end and then switch her back to a Geomancer.

The thing is, my party has NO problem blowing through every other enemy in the Crystal Tower. Just those damn dragons that give me problems.[/QUOTE]

Are you really having problems at that level? My guys are lvl 53 and I'm pretty much easing my way through the Crystal Tower. I had a high level Geomancer and Thief (70ish) that I converted to a Ninja and Knight when I got the high level weapons in Eureka. My other two are Devout (mainly for oh shit healing) and Summoner, which is really powerful but doesn't have enough MP to keep you happy. The lower level summons do about 2k-4k damage, which isn't that great. I wouldn't use his MP in lower enemy fights, and for harder enemies I'll be using his higher end casts.

The dragons are hard but my Ninja and Knight hit for roughly 5k (4k-7k range, Knight somewhat higher), and my lvl 7 and 8 summoner spells go for 5k and 8k, respectively. With Devout casting Cura/Curaga as needed, I can kill the dragons in about 4 or 5 rounds. I want to find another good boomerang so I can let my Ninja stay in the back row.

Anyway, my guys are all only around job lvl 25 right now... should I grind their job levels up? It'd take a long time to grind them up past 50, and I'm not even sure if this is the last 4 jobs I'd be keeping till the end (except for Devout... and maybe Summoner).

[quote name='NewSc2']
The dragons are hard but my Ninja and Knight hit for roughly 5k (4k-7k range, Knight somewhat higher), and my lvl 7 and 8 summoner spells go for 5k and 8k, respectively. With Devout casting Cura/Curaga as needed, I can kill the dragons in about 4 or 5 rounds. I want to find another good boomerang so I can let my Ninja stay in the back row.
[/QUOTE]

Was it a red dragon though? I've hit those for multiple rounds at 7-8K each from my Ninja and Martial Arts guy or so and still haven't killed it. The problem is that he'll take out my Onion Knight, who is my only healer. Then I'm boned, because the others have to use stupid Phoenix feathers, which only bring them back long enough for the dragon to wipe them out with a breath spell or something. Also, while my Geomancer is level 99, she is pretty useless against the dragons. She doesn't do much damage and gets hurt easily.

I mean, I don't see how you can last that long when the dragon can easily wipe out 1 or 2 chars each round. My guys have about 3000 HP. The dragon will breathe for about 1000 on each, then bite someone for 2500 or so. If that is my Onion Kinght then I have to use a Pheonix feather on him, then the dragon kills him next round with breath again. And so it goes... Maybe I was just very unlucky with the way the battle went. I've only faced a dragon once since I hit these levels. The first few times I was much lower and I lasted much longer against him - hell, I was probably close one time (hit for at least 40,000 - 50,000 damage, HAD to be close!).

I have to admit, I kind of lost interest in playing and haven't gone back to it yet. I hate doing all that work and losing it all. That is the only downside to this game. When I play again, hopefully I will run into a lesser dragon (as the reds are the hardest from what I understand).

FWIW, the Red Dragon has 99999 HP, so it might as well be a boss encounter if you're still in the 50s for exp.

As far as gaining job levels, the fastest way I've found to grind those out it to do this. Go back to the very first city. (Ur, I think it's called) Walk around until you run into a single imp. Have everyone in the party guard for five rounds, then in the sixth round have one person kill the imp while everyone else guards. Usually all four party members will gain a job level. Yeah, it's pretty boring, but you can go up 30 job levels in an hour and the master job items are pretty sweet.

Speaking of grinding levels, a question for anyone else who has beaten the game:
Has anyone beaten that stupid Iron Giant in the secret dungeon? The Brady Games guide says you have no chance to kill him until at least level 82, and in the 90s is better. My guys are level 67, and I'm just not sure it's worth killing dragons to gain all those levels. Does anything cool happen if you kill the giant?

[quote name='62t']you shouldnt use Onion Kinght unless your level is in the 90s.[/QUOTE]

He's been very useful up till now, but now he sucks. And I've had him in that job for a LONG time but he levels VERY slowly - only in the 30's now I think.

After you get cid to canan do you have to rescue desch to progress the story? If not then where is king argus?

[quote name='io']He's been very useful up till now, but now he sucks. And I've had him in that job for a LONG time but he levels VERY slowly - only in the 30's now I think.[/QUOTE]
no it is because he has the lowest hp growth, and at level 99 he will have max stat (alll 99 aside from hp)

[quote name='62t']no it is because he has the lowest hp growth, and at level 99 he will have max stat (alll 99 aside from hp)[/QUOTE]

Well, that is quite awesome (max stats). I haven't really seen that his HP are any lower than the others. Maybe a bit, but nothing dramatic. However, his job level progresses incredibly slowly.

[quote name='io']Was it a red dragon though? I've hit those for multiple rounds at 7-8K each from my Ninja and Martial Arts guy or so and still haven't killed it. The problem is that he'll take out my Onion Knight, who is my only healer. Then I'm boned, because the others have to use stupid Phoenix feathers, which only bring them back long enough for the dragon to wipe them out with a breath spell or something. Also, while my Geomancer is level 99, she is pretty useless against the dragons. She doesn't do much damage and gets hurt easily.

I mean, I don't see how you can last that long when the dragon can easily wipe out 1 or 2 chars each round. My guys have about 3000 HP. The dragon will breathe for about 1000 on each, then bite someone for 2500 or so. If that is my Onion Kinght then I have to use a Pheonix feather on him, then the dragon kills him next round with breath again. And so it goes... Maybe I was just very unlucky with the way the battle went. I've only faced a dragon once since I hit these levels. The first few times I was much lower and I lasted much longer against him - hell, I was probably close one time (hit for at least 40,000 - 50,000 damage, HAD to be close!).

I have to admit, I kind of lost interest in playing and haven't gone back to it yet. I hate doing all that work and losing it all. That is the only downside to this game. When I play again, hopefully I will run into a lesser dragon (as the reds are the hardest from what I understand).[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I've killed 2 Red Dragons. I've had to use Arise several times, but it wasn't that bad. Like I said I'm hitting for about 20k per round (Knight 7k, Summoner 7k, Ninja 6k). You can also run away... I think you really should tweak your jobs, though. Geomancer isn't that useful to me anymore, and a Devout (or at least Sage) is almost necessary imo. Your Onion Knight is probably leveling slower because his agility is lower and gets less turns in than the other classes, but that's just my guess. Also I've put everybody in the back row, except for my Knight.

The second time I ran through just to get to the end of the Tower I didn't encounter any dragons, so I guess you got unlucky. Once I hit 2 Red Dragons in a row, and just ran away from the 2nd one.

Anyway I just
got past the Crystal Tower and Xande, and now I'm in the Cloud of Darkness area. My guys are level 55-56 and I'm almost maxed out on Potions, but is there anywhere I can save or any way to get back out of here?

[quote name='NewSc2']Yeah... I've killed 2 Red Dragons. I've had to use Arise several times, but it wasn't that bad. Like I said I'm hitting for about 20k per round (Knight 7k, Summoner 7k, Ninja 6k). You can also run away... I think you really should tweak your jobs, though. Geomancer isn't that useful to me anymore, and a Devout (or at least Sage) is almost necessary imo. Your Onion Knight is probably leveling slower because his agility is lower and gets less turns in than the other classes, but that's just my guess. Also I've put everybody in the back row, except for my Knight.

The second time I ran through just to get to the end of the Tower I didn't encounter any dragons, so I guess you got unlucky. Once I hit 2 Red Dragons in a row, and just ran away from the 2nd one.

Anyway I just
got past the Crystal Tower and Xande, and now I'm in the Cloud of Darkness area. My guys are level 55-56 and I'm almost maxed out on Potions, but is there anywhere I can save or any way to get back out of here?
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was running around trying to level up and looking for dragons on purpose - nearly every time there I could have avoided them if I went right for the end. I heard the Dragons can drop special Onion Knight equipment.

OK, I noticed this back row/front row stuff but have never messed with it. Can you configure that out of battles, or is it specific to each battle? That's the way it seemed to me - and I never wanted to waste a turn moving someone to the back, because during that process they will either get killed or someone else would (as I wouldn't be casting a heal or at the very least attacking).

I may have to change my Geomancer to something else then - but damn, that means a ton more job levelling. I've never dealt with a Devout or Sage - you would recommend the Devout then?

[quote name='io']

OK, I noticed this back row/front row stuff but have never messed with it. Can you configure that out of battles, or is it specific to each battle? That's the way it seemed to me - and I never wanted to waste a turn moving someone to the back, because during that process they will either get killed or someone else would (as I wouldn't be casting a heal or at the very least attacking).

[/QUOTE]
you can change formation in the menu under... formation

[quote name='62t']you can change formation in the menu under... formation[/QUOTE]

But just during battles, right? Like I said, I never felt like wasting a turn doing that. Or does it stay that way for the next battle? Plus I tried it once and it didn't seem to do anything - still got attacked just as normal, or so it seemed. I dunno, it's been 2 weeks since I've played. I really should try to finish it - I have this bad habit of getting 95% through RPG's and then stopping (Tales of Legendia, I'm lookin' at you too).

If you mean the formation in the main menu where you look at items and whatnot, I've played around with that a bit and made it so my 2 stronger chars are 1st and 3rd, which makes them stand a little in front of the others - but again, this seems to make very little difference. Of course the 1st character is the one you use see when running around, but agaiin thyat is just cosmetic. Am I just missing something here? I thought that the 1st and 3rd standing in front was more for dramatic effect than anything else (so you can see them better as they are staggered). I saw nothing in there about "front row" and "back row".

In any case, it has never been an issue to even consider until the dragons. Really, much of the game was easy sailing (except when I strayed into a tough area I shouldn't have once or twice) until then, so beyond the weapon and armor upgrades and spell choices I haven't had to mess with much else.

[quote name='io']But just during battles, right? Like I said, I never felt like wasting a turn doing that. Or does it stay that way for the next battle? Plus I tried it once and it didn't seem to do anything - still got attacked just as normal, or so it seemed. I dunno, it's been 2 weeks since I've played. I really should try to finish it - I have this bad habit of getting 95% through RPG's and then stopping (Tales of Legendia, I'm lookin' at you too).

If you mean the formation in the main menu where you look at items and whatnot, I've played around with that a bit and made it so my 2 stronger chars are 1st and 3rd, which makes them stand a little in front of the others - but again, this seems to make very little difference. Of course the 1st character is the one you use see when running around, but agaiin thyat is just cosmetic. Am I just missing something here? I thought that the 1st and 3rd standing in front was more for dramatic effect than anything else (so you can see them better as they are staggered). I saw nothing in there about "front row" and "back row".

In any case, it has never been an issue to even consider until the dragons. Really, much of the game was easy sailing (except when I strayed into a tough area I shouldn't have once or twice) until then, so beyond the weapon and armor upgrades and spell choices I haven't had to mess with much else.[/QUOTE]

No, out of battle you can select "formation" and then 'double click' the guy (select the guy twice) and they'll move to the back or front row and stay like that in battles. They take 1/2 the physical damage but also deal 1/2 physical damage, unless they wield bows or boomerangs. Magic does the same damage regardless of row, so put your casters in the back. My ninja with swords does about 6k damage in front row, and my ninja with boomerangs does about 5k, but I figured staying in the back row was worth the attack damage loss.

The only problem comes along when Back attacks come by, because now your Physical guys are doing 1/2 damage, and your casters are doing the same damage but taking twice the damage you're used to taking.

Also (as I'm sure you might know) most casters tend to have much higher magic defense. My summoner and devout take far less damage than my ninja and knight -- I'd estimate anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 that of what my physical guys take. Most -aga spells deal 0 damage or something in the 2 digits to my casters.

[quote name='io']I may have to change my Geomancer to something else then - but damn, that means a ton more job levelling. I've never dealt with a Devout or Sage - you would recommend the Devout then?[/QUOTE]

Job leveling is nice but not really that necessary, IMO. Sure a lvl 80 is more effective than a lvl 15 or 20, but the end-game classes are just so powerful it's worth it (again imo).

I was reading FAQs and most tend to recommend the Devout over the Sage. Not really sure why, as the Sage can use all spells and call magic, but I suppose having 1 dedicated healer is better than a jack-of-all. Plus, the Devout has Aeroaga, Holy, and Tornado, but I find myself using her for Curaja, Curaga, and Arise. Her spell list is almost full of all white magic.

The only problem is that the Devout has limited low-level casts, unlike the White Mage. I'd find myself not needing any potions with a white mage far into dungeons, as her dozens of Cure casts would be sufficient, but my Devout only has like 18 lvl 1 casts.

I really recommend Summoner and Knight though. My Knight's kicking butt now with Ragnarok and Excalibur swords, having decent defense and frequent 7000-9000 hits. Lvl 1 white magic and being able to help protect low-life party members is a plus, too. A few times (vs. Red Dragon) my Knight would step in to protect a party member that'd be almost dead (most often my Ninja), and the Curaja would hit 1 turn later to cure both to full life. The Summoner has limited lvl 7 and 8 casts, but I go all out on those on bosses and each of those hits for a solid 7-8k.

I'd like to have an Onion Knight but I haven't gotten Mognet to work, and I don't think I have the patience to lvl it up to 99 once I get it.

[quote name='NewSc2']I really recommend Summoner and Knight though. My Knight's kicking butt now, with decent defense and frequent 7000-9000 hits. Having lvl 1 white magic and being able to help protect low-life party members is a plus, too. A few times (vs. Red Dragon) my Knight would step in to protect a party member that'd be almost dead (most often my Ninja), and the Curaja would hit 1 turn later to cure both to full life. The Summoner has limited lvl 7 and 8 casts, but I go all out on those on bosses and each of those hits for a solid 7-8k.

I'd like to have an Onion Knight but I haven't gotten Mognet to work, and I don't think I have the patience to lvl it up to 99 once I get it.[/QUOTE]

See, I'm thinking the Mognet thing has screwed me up. My Onion Knight was a regular Knight - yeah, that saving thing would have been great to have with the dragons. As an Onion Knight he can heal, but is fairly useless otherwise (weak attacks, weak spells). So unless I push him to level 99 I might have to switch him back to a regular knight, and then maybe go with the Devout for healing.

So it appears I'm being hampered by 2 fairly useless chars now - a level 99 geomancer and a low-level Onion Knight. My other two (Ninja and Martial Artist) are pretty good fighters, but of course get clobbered by magic.

And as for the formation page, fuck - DOUBLE-CLICK :roll:, of course I never tried that. I dragged them up and down in the list and thought that was all you could do. Well, fuck... I wonder what else I'm missing. That line earlier from hohez: "It allows the person you mailed, to get the class weapon of whatever signature you added." makes me think I'm missing something else, as I have no idea what this signature thing is.

hehe sounds like you're frustrated io. Basically you can add a "signature" to a piece of Mognet mail to someone on your friends list. I assume the signature will grand you an ultimate weapon or a card (which I think can be used to gain the ultimate weapon) for a specific class depending on what kind of signature it is, i.e. a Master Knight signature.

If you didn't know already there is a line of quests to meet with a master blacksmith who gives you the ultimate weapons once you've gained job level 99 or a signature (I guess, I've never done it, wanna try it?)

[quote name='Aberforth']hehe sounds like you're frustrated io. Basically you can add a "signature" to a piece of Mognet mail to someone on your friends list. I assume the signature will grand you an ultimate weapon or a card (which I think can be used to gain the ultimate weapon) for a specific class depending on what kind of signature it is, i.e. a Master Knight signature.

If you didn't know already there is a line of quests to meet with a master blacksmith who gives you the ultimate weapons once you've gained job level 99 or a signature (I guess, I've never done it, wanna try it?)
[/QUOTE]

So you're saying you can get the master items without being level 99 by doing this sig thing? I've gotten a few by hitting level 99 and then tracking down that stupid blacksmith (need to go in and out of a town about 20 times before she shows). It would certainly be nice to get the Onion Knight's master weapon, and the Ninja's as well. Hmm.... I've sent plenty of messages though and never saw a sig option. The user interface on this game is somewhat lacking if I keep missing these things! I don't usually have these problems, and part of my job is UI design ;).

[quote name='io']So you're saying you can get the master items without being level 99 by doing this sig thing? I've gotten a few by hitting level 99 and then tracking down that stupid blacksmith (need to go in and out of a town about 20 times before she shows). It would certainly be nice to get the Onion Knight's master weapon, and the Ninja's as well. Hmm.... I've sent plenty of messages though and never saw a sig option. The user interface on this game is somewhat lacking if I keep missing these things! I don't usually have these problems, and part of my job is UI design ;).[/quote] I think so, I don't know for sure. I read on gamefaqs it works. I'll send you the ninja one and we'll see what happens.

w00t! beat the game! it sucks how
you can't save at the end of the game (or buy potions, or rest) until you've finished beating all 6 of the end-game bosses... took me like 5 hours to finish that up (including my grinds).
I would've never picked up the game again if I'd died somewhere in there.

bread's done
Back