Official Folklore Thread - OUT NOW - (1/11 - Add-on Pack 3 & 4 Out Now - $4 each)

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/gaming/futile/resistance-opens-servers-motorstorm-gets-online-263767.php

The one piece of interesting info amongst the bigger news of that article is that a Folklore (Folksoul in Japan) demo will be released June 1 for those of you with Japanese PSN accounts.

From the Japanese press release:
Action [adobenchiyagemu] 'FolksSoul-失[wareta] handing down of new feeling -', the original play feeling which utilizes 6 axial detection system of the PS3™ private controller to enjoy the trial version which it can receive beginning, June 1st (the gold) free it downloads distributes in sale day (* 5).

Preview of the Japanese demo

Reviews
IGN - 9
Gamer 2.0 - 7.9
1up - 7.5
GameSpot - 7

The Japanese release is pretty soon, isn't it? Hopefully this game ends up being good and doesn't take long to hit the US...

just finish the demo. Here is my cheapass impression.
Graphic is nice , wait until you see the field of flower. It's beautiful.
Fighting- well you fight enemies and collect their soul and use them against other enemies.
SIXAXIS- The game use SIXAXIS to take away your enemies souls. Just hold R1 when you beat enemies down and shake your controller to take away their soul ^__^ very nice.
Story- I don't know. Me no speak Japanese. Oh yeah one thing, I played with both characters and I fought diff. enemies and bosses.

That is all for now

awesome demo. Game Republic's apology for genji 2 :) here's to hoping for a Fall release in the U.S.

This game made me really want a new Silent Hill. :) Did I say that before somewhere?

Anyway I hope they add voice overs for the final product.

The designs are cool. I had fun just exploring and looking at the details. The ones in the pub are CRAZY.

Wow i love the music in this game, and the feeling everything gives you is great. The creatures are impressive too. I wonder how many there are.

I too want voices. But I mean, the demo is already at 1GB. I can see them skipping them for now. Just think how big it would be with the voices.

I don't know, I think I give them a little lead way since this is only a demo. Plus without the story it cuts out a lot of the experiance.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I too want voices. But I mean, the demo is already at 1GB. I can see them skipping them for now. Just think how big it would be with the voices.

I don't know, I think I give them a little lead way since this is only a demo. Plus without the story it cuts out a lot of the experiance.[/QUOTE]

they were in the trailer which had a lot of the same cutscenes. they'll probably be in the final game. as for the size, there is a lot going on graphically...

[quote name='imascrub']sure is downloading slow for me. Been at it for about 3-4 hours now and only 39% done[/quote]

Well...You are downloading from half way around the world most likely.:lol:

Here's a question, with a spoiler warning... i guess i should use it.

How do you suck the soul from the red bee boss thing?
Man, I was shaking, tried timing my shakes, eventually I just killed it, and the wouldn't let me keep going, I had to run back in, shake the life out of the control again., finally i think the game just gave up and gave it to me!

I wish I could download it and try it right now. Damn television decided to mess up two days ago and I'm working on getting it repaired. Ugh, I hope I can get it repaired soon as I have paid vacation from work all next week. >_

[quote name='dallow']Here's a question, with a spoiler warning... i guess i should use it.

How do you suck the soul from the red bee boss thing?
Man, I was shaking, tried timing my shakes, eventually I just killed it, and the wouldn't let me keep going, I had to run back in, shake the life out of the control again., finally i think the game just gave up and gave it to me!
[/quote]

That confused my too...I was trying to move the controller exactly how it moved on the screen and it wasn't working. Strangely enough, I started pulling the controller toward my crotch and that seemed to do it eventually. :lol:

you have to pull the controller down slowly until the boss looks squashed, then pull it up really fast. it has some weird timing and the controller icon doesn't help at all.

All I do is wait until it turns pink then jerk the control back like normal. Do that a few times and the bar at the bottom will fill.

[quote name='Chacrana']boo for pointless motion controls.

Anyway, is the demo good?[/quote]

THat's how I feel too.

I don't know why the Demo is so huge.
But it's fun, I feel like the whole game will be better.
There seems to be a tons of monsters (judging by the empty slots in the menu) so it'll keep it fresh, plus each monster ability seems to upgrade as you aquire more of the same souls.

I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if it were in English.

the backgrounds certainly are very lush and colorful. It's lookin to be a really pretty game so far. The jerkin feels kind of awkward but just think of it as fishing for souls without the actual reeling in lol. Looks like it'lll be pretty good though

[quote name='Chacrana']boo for pointless motion controls.

Anyway, is the demo good?[/QUOTE]

the motion controls actually work very nicely with this game. they are pretty unobtrusive and go with the flow of combat. though the part where you have to reel in the boss was not intuitive at all. the demo is fun, check it out.

the normal catching motion control is good. The boss one where you had to rapidly do it... not so much. Not to mention you sometimes wonder if the stupid controller is in one of it's de-syncing moments. Devs need to remember to stick to simple motions for the six-axis. No crazy jerking around or repeated waggle crap.

The game looks good, but there are some game design flaws abound. like no pointer for your next location. Granted this may work better when I can understand the dialogue but yeah. Who knows... Also you walk pretty damn slow indoors.

How are you guys doing the boss? Like I said, I just sit there and wait until the thing turns pink then yank it like I do the normal monsters. Not much effort to me.

Yeah, I played it for ~ five minutes and it made very little sense to me (I'm sure it would help if I understood the text). I'll be giving it another shot tonight when I have more time.

[quote name='NamPaehc']How are you guys doing the boss? Like I said, I just sit there and wait until the thing turns pink then yank it like I do the normal monsters. Not much effort to me.[/quote]

same here pink yanked, green stopped

I really enjoyed the demo and played through both scenarios...

The game reminded me of Kameo a bit, well the skills weren't as useful/critical as Kameo at least but it did give me a bit of Deja Vu' especially the way the controls were mapped on screen.

But that's where the similarities end... from an artistic standpoint, I simply love the character/monster/enviroment design... mainly because it's something different...

Can't wait til' it comes out...

Famitsu score:

PS3 Folks Souls - 8/9/8/8

Didn't know the game was finished already, sheesh.
Bring that on over stateside, sounds good.

[quote name='dallow']Famitsu score:

PS3 Folks Souls - 8/9/8/8

Didn't know the game was finished already, sheesh.
Bring that on over stateside, sounds good.[/quote]

Comes out June 21st in Japan.

GAF update:

Official site had a pretty substantial update. All worlds are introduced. More creatures revealed. All protagonists' different forms are shown.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/folks/

But most interesting may be the introduction of two online features. 'Quest Download' allows paid download of side-stories/quests. 'Dungeon Trial' allows users to create their own maps and upload them for other players to try out.

I didn't play the demo, but I did check out the website and notice that the team who made this, made Genji as well. I hope this is a bit better than that game was. :)

If nothing else, the theme and style is great.

bread's done
Back