Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='jdawgg76']Seriously, if you really want your wings (will get a reward of some type in gears 3) play during all tickers, go to security, get in the area with the mortar and turn on the laser walls. Then play your ps3, watch a movie, nap, whatever. Check back periodically to restart. The tickers blow up when they try to puch the button. I wish it would grant you kills for Seriously 2.0.[/QUOTE]
This is not working for me. The last ticker never blows up until I turn off the lasers.

I can get all the way through using security but hell it takes like 2 1/2 hours to go all 50 and then i only jump 4 maybe 5 ranks gonna get less i know but GRRRR at 67 now.. shoulda done annex boost along time ago.. might just say screw it..

[quote name='nnthomas']I got wings already, I'm just trying to squeeze out some Horde.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'd just wait until all tickers is over then. I'd almost do it to grind towards Seriously 2.0, but I think all tickers would drive me crazy and it would be faster just to do the brumak scene over and over, plus I'm not big on making big grinds for achievements with no real reward (in game bonus, avatar award, unlockable in the next game, etc) and I'm only on 14000 kills.

[quote name='The 7th Number']According to this site, level 81 is 50.57%. But check that site out, you can actually calculate how many rounds of horde it would take you to get to 100 from where you are.[/QUOTE]Damn, coulda sworn it was 72, but its been awhile since I had to pay attention so I can see being off a little bit. At least I got the two part right. 82 is halfway. Wow.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']This is not working for me. The last ticker never blows up until I turn off the lasers.[/QUOTE]Dunno, the post below seems to be doing it ok, maybe iy glitched when you tried and you should try again.

[quote name='Elkron']I can get all the way through using security but hell it takes like 2 1/2 hours to go all 50 and then i only jump 4 maybe 5 ranks gonna get less i know but GRRRR at 67 now.. shoulda done annex boost along time ago.. might just say screw it..[/QUOTE]If you want it to go faster, you'll have to be more involved. Check on it more often and when you get to round 6-8 complete that wave and start over. You get the same xp for wave 1 which takes a minute or two as you do wave 50 which takes much much longer.

thank you, GUNNM!!

Finally, got my \\*//. :D

Veteran Gear was a total pain in the ass. But Epic made it easier during bonus XP events; especially with self-destructing Tickers during the final weekend!! I probably won't pursue this achievement in Gears 3; well, unless they tie-in some kind of future unannounced rewards.

Hate to bring up an old thread but I just beat gears 2. I have to say the last boss battle did nothing for me. I expected more. Also what happened to Adam? Now I guess I need to pick up 3.

this campaign(G2) itself felt better than gears 3 to me, it did drag on though and the rough graphics hurt my eyes.

now if only my copy would stop getting read disc errors. the disc is new, unscratched and is the only game other than gears 1 to give me errors.

bread's done
Back