Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

Yay for mass confusion in the huge E3 thread! Someone must have reported an incorrect date. :oops: Which is good, as I would prefer a November release.

What I said about the poison nade was wrong. When Cliff was demoing it yesterday on G4, he said it was an ink nade.. or maybe its the same thing... i unno anymore. =p

according to GS heres whats in the gears LE

• "Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2," a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
  • Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, "Rendezvous"
  • Dominic and Maria Keepsake Photo
  • SteelBook™ DVD case
  • Exclusive Xbox LIVE code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle for online play

gold plated lancer :drool:

fuckin' 'eh.

I hope I can get my hand on that Lancer through a generic code or something.

---

I just watched the 1UP show. CliffyB says you can plant the shield on someone's neck as a finishing move. :cool:

Linked achievements revealed. Warning: Spoilers!
- Complete Act One in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Anthony Carmine in Gears of War 2
- Find 10 COG tags in Gears Of War, unlock Minh Young Kim in Gears of War 2
- Kill Raam in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Raam in Gears of War 2

:drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm kinda pissed now if I can't unlock certain stuff without owning the first. I got all but one COG tag >_

[quote name='help1']Well, if those are the only linked achievements, then you already have 10. If there are more, then I need to start achievement boosting, becasue there is no way in hell im playing Annex that much to legitimately get them.[/QUOTE]

hopefully from the sound of it, it's all single player based. I have all the single player achievements (except all cogs), but barely any multilayer.

[quote name='Ex~']"Party Matchmaking Confirmed"

I thought there was to be Party Matchmaking systemwide in the fall?[/quote]

I hope so, but it really wont matter since Gears 2 will own my gaming time for quite a while (hopefully).

It would be awesome to get something for the Seriously... achievement, since that is something that would really be exclusive since people aren't goign to go back to Gears 1 just to get Seriously, since it takes a mad long time.

I guess I should really sit down and boost some of the multiplayer achievements. I have all of the single player (COGs, Insane, etc.) I just need to get any/all of the multiplayer.

This might be a good time to plug the CAG Achievement Whores group. :)

And the Lancer is pretty cool, the only thing I hate about it though is I know if I wait a month I'll be able to grab it for much cheaper, much like the Halo 3 Legendary edition which ended up dropping to 70 or 80 in December.

People think Jon DiMaggio is hilarious. Especially when he converses with himself in the Bender and Marcus Fenix voices.

I demand to see the video of this!

I might be in, depends what comes with it. With my new PS3, I need to be more conservative with buying games,and I sure as hell ain't waiting for yourfree360games on a big release like this.

Also, maybe we could start a Gears 1 achievement boost in this thread? I, for one, all the new 250-gamerscore ones.

Well they'll probably be standalone DLC as well. The additional 250 DLC ones don't require ranked matches (which is a good thing), but they can't be in Private Matches (From what I know, don't know why Private Matches don't count as being on XBL).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm just glad carmine is back. he's the only character I actually liked alot in the series.[/quote]

[quote name='zewone']Why? He had like one line in the whole series.

Very brave opinion.[/quote]

This.

I like Carmine alot, but favorite character is going a bit far.

[quote name='zewone']Why? He had like one line in the whole series.

Very brave opinion.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

that's reason enough. plus, he's the only COG in the entire game to get shot in the head. He died and everyone remembers him while the bald guy gets knifed to death but nobody seems to give a crap.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm just glad carmine is back. he's the only character I actually liked alot in the series.[/QUOTE]

me too man, he is badass! you gotta love all his lines!!!

"Had to happen"
"Oh, thats gotta hurt!"
"SHIT YEA!!"
"Ill take those"

and probably more that i missed and yea, most of them are used for all characters, but Carmine's voice is classic!

and he is so badass, that he took a snipe shot to the face!

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet....so here goes.

So the legendary edition w/ lancer is announced. No pics, few details other than it comes with a lancer and is $130. Well, this was announced at comic con and Neca had a boot at comic con w/ this

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC08/NECA/image32.asp

It says "available exclusively through amazon.com - fall 200x" (let's assume it's 2008)

Could this be the lancer from the legendary edition?

I find it kind of hard to believe that Carmine seems to be the only person wearing a helmet in a war. Yeah, I know there's suppositly more that do, but he was literally the only soldier wearing a helmet in the first game.

[quote name='KingBroly']So I'll ask this again: Does it have be open room or can it be a Private Match?[/quote]
The added 250/250 achievements can be done in a private match, aka, you can do it by yourself with two controllers.

[quote name='Littlefields']I find it kind of hard to believe that Carmine seems to be the only person wearing a helmet in a war. Yeah, I know there's suppositly more that do, but he was literally the only soldier wearing a helmet in the first game.[/quote]

I agree, however I bet it's the same reasons every other FPS with soldiers in it has the main star or stars looking completely different or running around without proper equipment, such as the main Marine in DOOM3. Some kind of design decision to make them stick out.

Plus, as much as I like Carmine's design and rather short appearance (Kind of found it funny that he was all "COOOL! :D" like a child when he saw Marcus for the first time), I'm really glad all the main characters have there own looks and are not running around with helmets, just like a certion little space marine we all know.

[quote name='Littlefields']I find it kind of hard to believe that Carmine seems to be the only person wearing a helmet in a war. Yeah, I know there's suppositly more that do, but he was literally the only soldier wearing a helmet in the first game.[/quote]

The uniform Carmine wears is the default uniform for all the lower ranked COG members. It's just like regular army fatigues. I believe they're actually called redshirts.

Little ironic that Carmine was the only soldier to wear a helmet and he ended up getting killed. (Helmet blocks your vision and distracts you.) I guess that shit saved him from dying though.

[quote name='Aku']Plus, as much as I like Carmine's design and rather short appearance (Kind of found it funny that he was all "COOOL! :D" like a child when he saw Marcus for the first time), I'm really glad all the main characters have there own looks and are not running around with helmets, just like a certion little space marine we all know.[/quote]

All of the characters in Halo's campaign were different and unique, just like in Gears. I know you're talking about multiplayer, but the same could be said about Gears' multiplayer too. You can have 4 Carmines running around or 4 Raams.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm just glad carmine is back. he's the only character I actually liked alot in the series.[/QUOTE]
Ugh.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet....so here goes.

So the legendary edition w/ lancer is announced. No pics, few details other than it comes with a lancer and is $130. Well, this was announced at comic con and Neca had a boot at comic con w/ this

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC08/NECA/image32.asp

It says "available exclusively through amazon.com - fall 200x" (let's assume it's 2008)

Could this be the lancer from the legendary edition?[/quote]

If that's for real that might be the best special edition ever. No scratch that, it IS the best special edition ever. Takes a huge crap over the stupid helmet I got from Halo 3.

[quote name='Trakan']The uniform Carmine wears is the default uniform for all the lower ranked COG members. It's just like regular army fatigues. I believe they're actually called redshirts.

Little ironic that Carmine was the only soldier to wear a helmet and he ended up getting killed. (Helmet blocks your vision and distracts you.) I guess that shit saved him from dying though.
[/quote]

Carmine is dead... his brother Anthony is gonna be in Gears 2, but it isn't the same person from the the original Gears.

[quote name='shinryuu']The added 250/250 achievements can be done in a private match, aka, you can do it by yourself with two controllers.[/quote]

Interesting.

[quote name='darthbudge']Carmine is dead... his brother Anthony is gonna be in Gears 2, but it isn't the same person from the the original Gears.[/quote]
Isn't the original Carmine's first name; Anthony?

[quote name='darthbudge']Carmine is dead... his brother Anthony is gonna be in Gears 2, but it isn't the same person from the the original Gears.[/quote]

No.

Anthony Carmine IS the Carmine from Gears 1. Carmine's coming back for at least multiplayer.

Carmine = Carmine.

Achievements in SP will unlock stuff in MP:
Not all are known quite yet, but thus far we are aware that:

• Unlocking the "Completed Act 1" achievement in GoW unlocks Anthony Carmine in GoW2 multiplayer.
  • Unlocking the "A Dish Best Served Cold" achievement in GoW unlocks General RAAM in GoW2 multiplayer.
  • Unlocking the "Time to Remember" achievement in GoW unlocks Minh Young Kim in GoW2 multiplayer.
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/27/gow2-linked-achievements-unlock-in-game-content/

I'm hoping they also unlock shirts for my new Avatar Mii :roll:

bread's done
Back