Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

Beat the game.

It was awesome, simply awesome. However, I found the ending a bit anti-climatic.

Spoilers on the ending:
So basically the blow up the lambent Brumak with the Hammer of Dawn and that is it? We don't know what happened the queen or why the Locust were taking prisoners this time around or anything like that. I know that they of course are setting up for a sequel, but still I thought it could have had a cooler ending.

You should pretty much go ahead and delete that post, darthbudge. Seriously. Dead serious. Just...yeah. I'm not reading it, and don't tempt others. At least not for another week.

what a awesome game.. first time ive stayed up late playing a game in a really long time

and i dont understand how people can beat the game already.. thats insane...

i like to take my time

Today's theme is "give out those golden hammerburst codes to those that ordered online".

I'll stand right here first under today's new topic :).

[quote name='velvet396']Today's theme is "give out those golden hammerburst codes to those that ordered online".

I'll stand right here first under today's new topic :).[/quote]
Well then I am next;)

[quote name='Bazz']Well then I am next;)[/quote]

me too. it pisses me off to no end that because i have a life, i wasn't able to get in on the free code, hat, shirt and will probably be screwed out of the tank. how many people are bigger gears fans than me? probably not many. how many have the seriously achievement legitimately? probably not many. so now i'm forced to cry about it like a baby :cry: this sucks and best buy sucks

The online sucks so much. You cannot just search for a Annex game and just join up. It makes a party first then you get put into a group and then vote. Its really awful compared to the first gears setup. And why doesnt it go to another match right away instead of making you do the whole process over again after a match?

The single player was great but the online is done oh so wrong.

I will recommend to those who have not gotten the game to NOT rush into Horde mode. I'm dead serious. Finish Campaign first. Not joking. The more I play Campaign (After getting to Wave 20) the more I want to go back to Horde. It ruins the experience.

[quote name='KingBroly']I will recommend to those who have not gotten the game to NOT rush into Horde mode. I'm dead serious. Finish Campaign first. Not joking. The more I play Campaign (After getting to Wave 20) the more I want to go back to Horde. It ruins the experience.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

My copy is with the UPS guy at the moment and I have work all day until 8pm PST. Any CAGs want to play co-op with me around that time? I plan on doing it on Hardcore then Insane if you're up for it.

Send me a FR!

This game has been out for over eleven hours and I still don't have it. My roommate is supposed to be taking me over to Walmart right now, but he ditched and I have no idea where he is.

I swear to god, they'd better not run out of LE's...

[quote name='KingBroly']I will recommend to those who have not gotten the game to NOT rush into Horde mode. I'm dead serious. Finish Campaign first. Not joking. The more I play Campaign (After getting to Wave 20) the more I want to go back to Horde. It ruins the experience.[/quote]

I've done the campaign and Horde. What is going to ruin the experience? I've only made it to level 9 on Horde.

Is there any chance of finding Hammerburst codes today or tomorrow at less popular stores, without buying the game, does anybody think? How are people getting more than one code, just the stores that had the codes stacked and weren't paying attention?

[quote name='Spybreak8']
I heard there's somethin special if you have all the cog tags, can someone confirm this?[/quote]

Not sure if this is what you mean, as you don't have to have all the COG tags for it, but you get Kim in multiplayer if you have the acheivement where you have 1/3rd (?) of the COG tags. If there is anything else it is hidden. I don't think so because killing RAAM on insane gets you him unlocked, and that isn't hidden. And I sure haven't done that.

Has anyone else had any issues downloading the gold lancer? I got a limited edition and the lancer code worked I redeemed it but the 108KB file wont download past 1%

Anyone else having this issue?

GOT IT LAST NIGHT ALONG WITH 2 FRIENDS AND ALSO GOT GOLD CODES...

wow sorry for those caps but im not retyping... anyway one of my friends had issues with reading the disc on his 360 , but mine and my other friends both worked on my 360....

I'm so glad I didn't go to my midnight release. They had codes to spare for the hammerburst and theme so when I picked up my pre-order today I still got the good stuff. What really sucks is that I can't play it until my 360 gets back from repair. Fallout 3 killed it.

From rumors I have seen it's a NXE specific theme.... Like only would work under the NXE hopefully that's true and it aint some regular one...

Mine came in the mail today from PR (Prize Rebel, not Public Relations, lol). Pretty tight. I'm looking forward to trying out the different online modes. Maybe since the game just came out, EVERY single person online won't be insanely good already. (I got into GoW1 too late after it was released and got crushed everytime I went online...)

Heh, this thread is already 61 pages on the day of release...

Just heard from the Community Manager at Epic he said they know about the lancer issues and are looking into it ASAP.

I'm not begging for one but,

Does anyone have a spare Lancer code? Or doesn't want theirs? I'd really appreciate it if you could throw it my way :)

I tried to get one myself, but my BlockBuster ran out of LE copies to sell :(

Getting mine from Amazon today, won't be able to play until around 12:30 AM Eastern time. Can't wait though! Send a request if anyone wants to co-op Hardcore/Insane, Horde, or multiplayer sometime.

By chance anyone get theirs from Amazon yet? Wondering if they included a hammerburst code...I know its far fetched but just curious to find out.

[quote name='triforcer']anyone have pictures of that RC tank?[/quote]

Here you go:

[quote name='plasmid123']I got the LE RC Tank, Tshirt, hat, and gold Hammerburst code. A lot of people showed up. My BB had 50 Tanks.

gow2swag001.jpg

gow2swag003.jpg

The tank is pretty nice, well sculpted. The paint detail could be better, but it's a freebie, so I'll let it pass.[/quote]

WOW gold Hammerburst codes are selling pretty good on Ebay lol. I've got an unpeeled code that i'll trade for XBL points if anyone is interested.

Horde mode is pretty cool as well, I made it to level 15 last night before we got slaughtered. It really should allow your party to stick together though and let you try again.

Finally got my copy at Walmart! For once I'm glad this is such a small town, because my Walmart only got two LE's. I got the last one. I'm so glad I have no homework this weekend. I'm going to be glued to my TV, only stopping for food, bathroom, and a friend's 21st.

Btw, the back of the case says there's a code inside for the gold plated Lancer, but I can't find it...

[quote name='1Sail0r']I'm not begging for one but,

Does anyone have a spare Lancer code? Or doesn't want theirs? I'd really appreciate it if you could throw it my way :)

I tried to get one myself, but my BlockBuster ran out of LE copies to sell :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Your best bet on getting one is buying one for $10 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Where are you finding it for $10?

Only played multiplayer last night. Couple of thoughts...

I love the way Cog glows blue and Horde glows red at a distance so you don't end up wondering who is on your team.

I can't for the life of me figure out what they were thinking in the matchmaking. First of all, how do you know who is host? Second of all, what's with being booted back to the menu after a match?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My bad...I thought you were asking for a Hammerburst. Yeah I saw that Lancer auction myself earlier...pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]

I agree o_O" But yeah, my friend ended up snagging me a copy of the golden hammerburst and I was happy :)

I just really want the Lancer :cry:

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Finally got my copy at Walmart! For once I'm glad this is such a small town, because my Walmart only got two LE's. I got the last one. I'm so glad I have no homework this weekend. I'm going to be glued to my TV, only stopping for food, bathroom, and a friend's 21st.

Btw, the back of the case says there's a code inside for the gold plated Lancer, but I can't find it...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's on the same card as the 5 Free Flashback maps. It's supposed to be:

48 Hr Code
Flashback Maps
Lancer Code

^That's what I've heard.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Only played multiplayer last night. Couple of thoughts...

I love the way Cog glows blue and Horde glows red at a distance so you don't end up wondering who is on your team.

I can't for the life of me figure out what they were thinking in the matchmaking. First of all, how do you know who is host? Second of all, what's with being booted back to the menu after a match?[/quote]
1. You'll know by the second round who is host. It seems to give it to either foreign gamers or people with the worst connection. The easiest way to tell is by seeing who's shotgun is most effective (aka, 1 hit kills everytime).

2. If you're in a party, it knocks you back into your party's lobby. If you fly solo, then I don't know - as I only play MP with friends.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Only played multiplayer last night. Couple of thoughts...

I can't for the life of me figure out what they were thinking in the matchmaking. First of all, how do you know who is host? Second of all, what's with being booted back to the menu after a match?[/QUOTE]

They tried to tone down host, but it's still there. I don't know why you expected them to tell you who is host, since almost no other Xbox game does.

And, I've only been booted back to the main menu when the those quits, otherwise me and my party goes to the matchmaking lobby.

[quote name='zewone']They tried to tone down host, but it's still there. I don't know why you expected them to tell you who is host, since almost no other Xbox game does.

And, I've only been booted back to the main menu when the those quits, otherwise me and my party goes to the matchmaking lobby.[/QUOTE]

I expect the OPTION to host like gears 1 and most other games do.

I can't even find where you can adjust map settings like number of rounds and weapon layout. That's usually what the host does.

bread's done
Back