Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Seems like they're trying to weed people out. They put all my requests on hold and sent an e-mail saying I had 2 weeks (or whatever the time frame was) go to in and reactivate them or they'd all be deleted.

It was due to account inactivity--but not much I can do since I haven't gotten matched up for anything since April. Not sending anything out as I still have 3,900 points (down from 6,000 some in early spring) and don't want to build up more points since the site seems to be on its last legs.

I do have one early access token, so maybe I can grab a 1,000 point new release at some point this fall to get a chunk of points gone.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it helps, but I always get emails from Goozex (about once a week) whenever one of my "on hold" offers are requested if I activate it right away.

< 1,000 = I'm bailing. I tried desperately to find anything I would want to spend my 1,000pts + 3 tokens on. Settled on Rayman Advance (GBA) 300pts cart only, one active offer. But of course it times out...

I got matched for Fable 2, because

[quote name='shieryda']Ha. It jumped to 997 just now.[/QUOTE]

OK so it's now hit sub-1000 twice. How long before it hits 500?

Gotta say - it is interesting to have such transparency on a pyramid scheme in collapse mode.

[quote name='camoor']OK so it's now hit sub-1000 twice. How long before it hits 500?

Gotta say - it is interesting to have such transparency on a pyramid scheme in collapse mode.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understand the meaning of pyramid scheme.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I don't get it. Back in 2008 I could request almost any game and have it, but now there are barely any games available for trade.

What happened?[/QUOTE]

Site was overrun by queue jumpers, then folks started cashing out causing a run on the bank. I'm sure the awesome Gamefly/Bestbuy/Amason summer of deals didn't help any either.

have around 5000 pts in games i could put up IF I could get games i want in return.... hell im stuck with 12700 pts

HANDHELDS ARE DEAD like 30 items and 29 of them are pure junk)

NO 3ds NO VITA gamses at all

[quote name='camoor']Site was overrun by queue jumpers, then folks started cashing out causing a run on the bank. I'm sure the awesome Gamefly/Bestbuy/Amason summer of deals didn't help any either.[/QUOTE]

I think the fact that Goozex decided to flood the points system by selling points for 1/2 off so often and the fact that for the longest time, they basically did nothing to improve the system is what resulted in a lot of people quitting/leaving. I don't think queue jumpers were that big of a deal, I think they were more like nails in the coffin.

I never thought this would happen, but my copy of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for the NES (cartridge only) was requested. I think I was #72 in line to send it out when I first started Goozex a few years ago.

[quote name='Toss']I didn't even realize there was a goozex thread. In my mind cag = the video game deals thread and that's it.
I'm sitting on 17,900 and I'm grabbing almost any current gen game that becomes available. 75% of the time the game isn't available as it appears (why does it do that) or the the trade isnt accepted or fulfilled (i've left quite a few NOT RECEIVED feedbacks recently). Boo Goozex...i used to really love it. Someone did send me a full package TRUE BLOOD season 4 Blu-ray w/ DVDs - 1000pts. I was floored! It is fairly recent, quite expensive, and I was requersting disc only.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slidecage']have around 5000 pts in games i could put up IF I could get games i want in return.... hell im stuck with 12700 pts

HANDHELDS ARE DEAD like 30 items and 29 of them are pure junk)

NO 3ds NO VITA gamses at all[/QUOTE]

There are never any good games available. I have been on the same lists for a long time, some since December. I am no longer going to trade any games on Goozex. I only have 1800 points and 2 tokens. After reading your point totals, I'm grateful for not having invested anymore into the site.

Got matched for Batman: AC, so that's a good way to burn 1000 points. Unfortunately, it was my last trade token so I have to pony up for another 3 if I want to get rid of the rest of my 6000+ points.:cry:

So I put a PS1 and some games up for a lowball and they all sold. Unfortunately, the games and system went to different people and I was dumb enough to ship one of those games in the system when the game was intended for someone else.

Good thing I went to Goozex for another copy of the game. It was Tomb Raider 2 and they had 15 instant trades available. It was matched and on the way to my house ... so I can send it to someone else's house.

My mistake is keeping Goozex alive. \\:D/

Im still putting stuff out. Ive finially evened out where I have recieved as much as sent out so thats a plus. Just sent lego harry potter and now tomb raider anniversary. The funny thing is I get more trades on goozex then I do here. Id rather trade her no fees. Oh well.

Cag should do a goozex theme. It would increase sight traffic and the community and put some extra dough in the pocket. Cheapy your missing out on some good market! If he could set up something like that for this site hed be rocking and rolling.

[quote name='kerouac kid']There are never any good games available. I have been on the same lists for a long time, some since December. I am no longer going to trade any games on Goozex. I only have 1800 points and 2 tokens. After reading your point totals, I'm grateful for not having invested anymore into the site.[/QUOTE]

even with 12k points im way up on the + side compair to what i traded in.. thanks to other trading sites that are LONG GAME....

there was one trade site (cant remember name) you could set your own points you wanted ... I was able to dump games for like 50 to 60 and grab games for 10 to 15 (meaning almost a 3 or 4 to 1 flip)

I miss the good old days

Best stuff i ever got off goozex

WWE WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology dude forgot to stick 12 and 14 in the case could not find them and he goes JUST KEEP IT FOR FREE 2009

Suikoden II 2008
hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition) 2008 (sold for like 150)
Valkyrie Profile ps1 (still have ) 2008
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes 2008 (sold for like 100 i think)
Legacy of Ys: Books I & II ds 2009
Class of heroes 2009

man its been 3 years since i got anything great :(

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Im still putting stuff out. Ive finially evened out where I have recieved as much as sent out so thats a plus. Just sent lego harry potter and now tomb raider anniversary. The funny thing is I get more trades on goozex then I do here. Id rather trade her no fees. Oh well.

Cag should do a goozex theme. It would increase sight traffic and the community and put some extra dough in the pocket. Cheapy your missing out on some good market! If he could set up something like that for this site hed be rocking and rolling.[/QUOTE]

The CAG game database appears to have Goozex support. On each game's page, there are tabs for "New", "Used", "Trade-In", and "Other"—under "Other" it shows "Goozex Value", but it's almost always "N/A".

I asked here once what was up with that, but I don't think I ever got a response. Hopefully in CAG 3.0, if Goozex has survived/recovered, it'll be fully functional / user-updatable.

[quote name='dfg']Or do a couple of Game Nights.[/QUOTE]

Shoot. I didn't even think about that. I did one once and it was pretty cool.

I think it's been over 6 months since I've got anything in. I went to the page today, first I've been in at least a month.
Only 26 :ps3: games available. All sports titles.

[quote name='eldergamer']I think it's been over 6 months since I've got anything in. I went to the page today, first I've been in at least a month.
Only 26 :ps3: games available. All sports titles.[/QUOTE]

sad to see 12k points going to waste

would be interesting to see CAG some what adopt Goozex, and revamp the trading section on here or even just have a whole separate site for trading under the goozex model... it needs a lot of work though so I don't really see it happening, but if run right Goozex has a great template to work with.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']would be interesting to see CAG some what adopt Goozex, and revamp the trading section on here or even just have a whole separate site for trading under the goozex model... it needs a lot of work though so I don't really see it happening, but if run right Goozex has a great template to work with.[/QUOTE]

If CAG bought and backed Goozex, I would hands down start trading there again. Now, I wasn't the highest volume trader, but I don't think I'm the only one who feels the same way. The only reason I stopped trading in the first place was the uneasy feeling that the website would go under and I would have thousands of points lost in it.

Probably going to get my last game or two in and call it quits after that.

Few highlights from this year.
Super Mario Galaxy 2(Wii)
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess(GC)
Prey(PC): Wanted Steam Key
World Ends With You(NDS)
Uncharted 2(PS3)
Valkyria Chronicles(PS3)
Pokemon SoulSilver(NDS)
Tactics Orge: Let Us Cling Together(PSP)

And all I do is just flip the 10$-1000Point trades from Best Buy and Gamefly.

You've been good to me Goozex.

I think it's safe to say it won't reach 1,000 trades unless something drastic is done.

I'm actually more upset that I have a dozen requests where I am the first person in line and no one is offering. Come on, I'm first in line for a Disc Only DVD copy of Stan Hellsing. Surely someone doesn't want it.

I decided to search for any game that I was remotely interested in spread across 8 consoles and requested it. This morning I got 5 matches and spent 700 points.

[quote name='Cage017']I think it's safe to say it won't reach 1,000 trades unless something drastic is done. [/QUOTE]

it's at 1001 right now

[quote name='slidecage']even with 12k points im way up on the + side compair to what i traded in.. thanks to other trading sites that are LONG GAME....

there was one trade site (cant remember name) you could set your own points you wanted ... I was able to dump games for like 50 to 60 and grab games for 10 to 15 (meaning almost a 3 or 4 to 1 flip)

I miss the good old days

Best stuff i ever got off goozex

WWE WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology dude forgot to stick 12 and 14 in the case could not find them and he goes JUST KEEP IT FOR FREE 2009

Suikoden II 2008
hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition) 2008 (sold for like 150)
Valkyrie Profile ps1 (still have ) 2008
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes 2008 (sold for like 100 i think)
Legacy of Ys: Books I & II ds 2009
Class of heroes 2009

man its been 3 years since i got anything great :([/QUOTE]

Best thing I got last year was a sealed copy of GC legend of zelda twilight princess! Fricken awesome! Someone probably picked it up for $5 at kmart back then.

[quote name='devyanks90']it's at 1001 right now[/QUOTE]

A user named Gamer2012 had 150 trades completed. It's still nice to see it over 1,000 though (currently at 1,035).

It's not nice to be matched with games that keep timing out. It's happened to me 3 times since my last post.

I still haven't gotten matched up for anything for a few months.

I did think to search for Halo 4, and that's up. Used my early access on that and got 5th in line, so I should get that eventually and get 1,000 points spent at least.

Everything else on my list (other than some blu rays) are 40+ deep in line.

Just got matched for Dungeon Siege III. That now leaves me with 0 points and 0 tokens. Kinda sad I guess, lol. But I'll pick Goozex back up when and if things get a little better. Just glad they didn't fold and I didn't lose anything.

[quote name='mightymek']Just got matched for Dungeon Siege III. That now leaves me with 0 points and 0 tokens. Kinda sad I guess, lol. But I'll pick Goozex back up when and if things get a little better. Just glad they didn't fold and I didn't lose anything.[/QUOTE]

Just 821 trades going on right now. However, I recently bought 3 trade tokens and have sent out a couple of blu-rays. Should have 1450 and 3 tokens. Now, that request list of mine better shorten.

Wow, I got matched with a game that.. I didn't really want, but it's my first game since July and at least I'm down to 1300 points.

So how dead is Goozex? I have like 1500 pts on there and there is literally nothing to get. I dont want to load any more trade tokens onto my account.

I still have tokens. Wish I could give them to people who are still trying to use the site. Really sad to hear it's basically dead. It had such a great start, I wonder what happened.

The site got greedy. Sold points for 50% of value. Raised token prices. Had bad algorithms for value, which I think got more apparent when retro items were added.

[quote name='elessar123']The site got greedy. Sold points for 50% of value. Raised token prices. Had bad algorithms for value, which I think got more apparent when retro items were added.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the internal politics of Goozex but as a moderate user, this is what Goozex looks like to me.

I'm even questioning whether the "deal" for Goozex to be bought is still in place. With fewer and fewer active users/trades, there's no way anyone would want to invest in this site.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So how dead is Goozex? I have like 1500 pts on there and there is literally nothing to get. I dont want to load any more trade tokens onto my account.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother buying more tokens.

You can still get matched for games, but get notified that you're restricted, right? I suppose you could then buy tokens, if you really wanted the game.

I've given up ever trying to get matched for newer releases (in the past 6-12 months). There are just not enough copies available, or users who will ever offer them.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So how dead is Goozex? I have like 1500 pts on there and there is literally nothing to get. I dont want to load any more trade tokens onto my account.[/QUOTE]

I would say look at the Available Now list and get whatever is remotely interesting to you before you lose chance to get anything out of the points at all.

[quote name='shieryda']Don't bother buying more tokens.

You can still get matched for games, but get notified that you're restricted, right? I suppose you could then buy tokens, if you really wanted the game.

I've given up ever trying to get matched for newer releases (in the past 6-12 months). There are just not enough copies available, or users who will ever offer them.[/QUOTE]

I think we get notified that our account is restricted due to lack of points/tokens but that is only once a week. I think the game will have most probably been gone by then unless it is a game no body has requested or every one requesting it is restricted.

The site is very slow though. I have 1600 points and 2 tokens left. I have received 3 PS3 games in the last 4 months. Fifa 11, Smackdown v Raw 2011 and Little Big Planet.

I haven't received anything since July, and even that was just an attempt to burn some points. I ended up trading out a few more games trying to clear out my shelves, but now I'm just stuck with 650 points.

Its sad cause it has an established name and user base. To bad the owners let it go to hell.

Guess I should remove my goozex link now. I wouldnt recommend anyone to a dead site.

Yeah I'm going to have to start looking for an alternative as well.

For those looking to try something new, there is a grassroot movement within the goozex forums to start a new website. One of the veteran mods of goozex created a website and is looking to offer something like goozex of the past:

Thread on goozex (ironic if you ask me)
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/71988.aspx

Website
http://www.vgfive.com/products

The website is still in a beta state at the moment (no trading yet) but will probably be up and running within a couple weeks.

I will probably trade in at least a couple of my games to support a good cause.

I was just matched for MGS4 today and received the Salt BR last week. I still have 2850 points that I got for dirt cheap so I'll still be around for a while. It's a shadow of it's former self but I'm still getting enough to justify sticking around for now.

As far as available games go:

Madden 08 is the only available Wii game.

Metroid Prime: Hunters -- First Hunt (Demo) is the only available DS game.

No available 3DS games

Sucks to own a Nintendo console on Goozex.

Sports titles on GameCube are listed at 200 points.

PS3 only has 8 titles available right now, all sports games.

360 is all sports, Burger King, and Official Xbox Magazine Demo Discs.

I wish you could donate points and tokens.

I got matched for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, but didn't have any tokens left. Damn. But I bought a few more and traded in a couple Blu-rays, just in case.

A lot of folks are restricted right now, because they don't have points or tokens. Means you'll have a better chance to get something good. If it comes along…

Hopefully I'll get another shot at Transformers.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I would say look at the Available Now list and get whatever is remotely interesting to you before you lose chance to get anything out of the points at all.[/QUOTE]

This. They actually have a lot of PS2 games. I'm also using this as a way to try out games I've never played that appear on Playstation Network's PS1 classics.

[quote name='neocisco'] I still have 2850 points that I got for dirt cheap so I'll still be around for a while. It's a shadow of it's former self but I'm still getting enough to justify sticking around for now.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same scenario, plus I'm first in line for a dozen games across various consoles.

bread's done
Back