Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='FEN1XD0WN']goozex has a ton of tales games....i just dunno if theyre complete editions :cry:[/QUOTE]

i dont see one what are you talking about

[quote name='antlp89']Yeah I'm going to have to start looking for an alternative as well.

For those looking to try something new, there is a grassroot movement within the goozex forums to start a new website. One of the veteran mods of goozex created a website and is looking to offer something like goozex of the past:

Thread on goozex (ironic if you ask me)
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/71988.aspx

Website
http://www.vgfive.com/products

The website is still in a beta state at the moment (no trading yet) but will probably be up and running within a couple weeks.

I will probably trade in at least a couple of my games to support a good cause.[/QUOTE]

if they make it too much like goozex they will be sued and theres been goozex clones in the past before that failed in the first 6 months

[quote name='slidecage']if they make it too much like goozex they will be sued and theres been goozex clones in the past before that failed in the first 6 months[/QUOTE]

Hi there. I'm actually the "veteran mod" that's developing the new site. I just wanted to comment on this since I'm aware that people might be thinking I'm simply making a Goozex clone.

While the core of the new site is the same basic idea as Goozex (trade games for credits, trade credits for games), I'm certainly not using any of their resources and have written my matching and pricing algorithms from the ground up. I've never had any access to their internal records (my "Goozex powers" have always been limited to the forums).

As far as I can tell, the only patent Goozex has ever applied for was abandoned: METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR FACILITATING COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS USING AUTOMATIC VIRTUAL CURRENCY

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the site, feel free to bring them up or just pm me here.

Trades are down to 779. I went ahead and activated a bunch of DS games to thin out my bank of points.

I have 41 games active now with very little movement. Only 3 tokens left, so let's see how long it takes to clear those out.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']Hi there. I'm actually the "veteran mod" that's developing the new site. I just wanted to comment on this since I'm aware that people might be thinking I'm simply making a Goozex clone.

While the core of the new site is the same basic idea as Goozex (trade games for credits, trade credits for games), I'm certainly not using any of their resources and have written my matching and pricing algorithms from the ground up. I've never had any access to their internal records (my "Goozex powers" have always been limited to the forums).

As far as I can tell, the only patent Goozex has ever applied for was abandoned: METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR FACILITATING COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS USING AUTOMATIC VIRTUAL CURRENCY

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the site, feel free to bring them up or just pm me here.[/QUOTE]

good to hear .. i know there was one site cant think of the name that was around years ago that goozex forced to close

[quote name='slidecage']good to hear .. i know there was one site cant think of the name that was around years ago that goozex forced to close[/QUOTE]

I wonder if we're both remembering the same site. There was one that stole the template word-for-word at times and was a blatant ripoff. I still wonder if they actually copied it or stole the code somehow.

EDIT: Found the original thread about it. Apparently that site still exists. You can see various things stolen from Goozex just from the images.

Last edited by a moderator:
VGFive??? I thought it was going to be called Geezox!!

I'm down to 250 and one token, close enough to cashed out.

[quote name='Kerig']VGFive??? I thought it was going to be called Geezox!![/QUOTE]

I laughed at this. And then I said it out loud, and laughed even harder.

[quote name='Kerig']VGFive??? I thought it was going to be called Geezox!!

I'm down to 250 and one token, close enough to cashed out.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm at and what I've been at for several months now.

I liked Spec Ops: The Line and decided to try some of the Spec Ops titles on PS1. Didn't like them, but I'd rather lose 200 points on Goozex instead of $10 if I bought them on Playstation Network.

Man, my Goozex signature is going to look pretty bad unless some non-PS1 titles show up soon (next to arrive is WCW Mayhem).

It took some waiting but sure enough I got matched up for some cool stuff. If they ship (one of the titles went through 5 people before someone actually accepted), my signature won't look so bad.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']Hi there. I'm actually the "veteran mod" that's developing the new site. I just wanted to comment on this since I'm aware that people might be thinking I'm simply making a Goozex clone.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the site, feel free to bring them up or just pm me here.[/QUOTE]

First off, good luck.

Secondly - do you plan to sell tokens and virtual money, or just tokens?

And last - will the game value fluctuate automatically based on supply and demand, or will it be set manually.

If you have a link to a FAQ I'll just check that out...

[quote name='camoor']First off, good luck.

And last - will the game value fluctuate automatically based on supply and demand, or will it be set manually.

If you have a link to a FAQ I'll just check that out...[/QUOTE]

No FAQ but your questions have been asked and answered in the forums: http://vgfive.com/forums

I can give you a quick summary. taintedzodiac plans to sell both credits (currency) and tokens for a very limited time, starting tomorrow on Friday. I get the impression that this is only to get the ball rolling and won't be offered long-term.

I believe the valuation algorithm will be much more fluid compared to Goozex. It should adjust to demand as well as how recent a specific game was released.

Again, there is far more detail in the forums as tainted has done a good job of addressing concerns directly. It makes more sense to discuss it there rather than here anyway.

[quote name='camoor']First off, good luck.

If you have a link to a FAQ I'll just check that out...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. To answer your questions:

Just tokens will be sold in the long run. I am allowing the early adopters (you had to have an account by a couple of days ago) to get credits with token purchases in order to seed initial credits into the system. Beyond that, I have no plans to sell currency and deflate what already exists. There will be currency entering the system, but it will be controlled and not sold.

Game values will primarily be based on supply and demand. There is an initial price for popular new games that will be above the normal cap to spur early trading (you can get twice the normal value if you trade a game in the first month). Once the bonus period is over, supply and demand take control.

The FAQ will be coming soon. As elefader said, the forums on vgfive.com have lots of information that hasn't been properly organized yet.

A quality tactic to profit new abilities should be to attend to the different styles of instruction. The labor will definitely assist you this sort of rewards as the capability to negotiate and self-presentation. Even the photographic exercise can be incredibly practical. agencja interaktywna Well-known announcing is "two heads are even better than one". Then again, within the scenario of crowdsourcing really have to reckon along with the inescapable fact that there is consistently a whole lot more heads, the higher the final result. Numerous participants with this movement helps make the addition of fascinating options also strike really hard, they usually clash. How did Jeff Howe said, "sometimes the crowd could be clever, but oftentimes it might even be, and silly." It have got to be remembered which the even worse options usually aren't the domain of crowdsourcing. Crowdsourcing accurately mirror the industry in which we run, so outsourcuj¹c out responsibilities, we're more likely to get exactly the same vary of programs. Inside scenario of outsourcing, then again, significantly further time is expended in the appropriate range of the contractor making an allowance for many rigid requirements. This kind of an imperfect range would mean that we reject not simply people who commonly are not able to crank out suitable success, but additionally a large number of responsible partners for cooperation. Confess that none of people did not entrust the crucial element duties newbie, who performs inside a many industry, tinkering included inside of the discipline, from which the job. But this kind of particular person, stemming from the reality that he has a contemporary technique and carry out tasks significantly more with enjoyment than as being a signifies to lifespan, are usually essentially the most artistic and related recommendations and tasks. In crowdsourcing will be an opportunity noticeably even bigger group of individuals, judging from the results of the commissioned tasks, rather than within the basis of other achievements and votes around the market place.

Without a doubt, the volume of members who voted in this year's poll, demonstrated to become a history. Tkaniny Once i rose greater, I select the wind, and quickly realized that Sune 110 km / h It truly is terrifying speed. I became the wind so i .. hung just like a kite sixty m earlier mentioned the camp. Alain came approximately me below. The prospect of landing in that storm struck me as disturbing. So I waited, exactly what does the master.

That is merely a simplified example of interpersonal analysis and inference mechanisms. Man contains a organic inclination and really invaluable for that description and categorization with the encompassing actuality, additionally, the essential option to arrange the acquired knowledge is attributing the phenomena of precise attributes. Assigning attributes to "attribution" and with attribution There are several quite common cognitive issues. Tkaniny Almost generation their sales revenue. Levelly is pre-empt be beneficial to businesses such uncomplicated learning institutions boldness agencies, meeting suppliers, wholesalers together with becoming stores. cycle is purge allows business to:

It should be great in non-public living. In enterprise, way too, however , you really need to do not forget that he needs to get paid one another and generate a financial gain. When you alter the tactic with all the use of appropriate instruments small organisation web improvement is definitely the actual objective to accomplish. agencja interaktywna Almost give a reason for overturn their sales revenue. Rich is be useful to businesses such uncomplicated learning institutions poise agencies, appointment suppliers, wholesalers additional stores. Carry generation is beefy fro allows transmitted to to:

Lololololol

Annnnnd.... your banned.

ban-hammer.jpg

How fitting that the spammers have made their way into the Goozex thread on CAG. They post almost daily on the site's forums.

Anyway, it appears that the sale to Bay Acquisition Corp. has finally been completed.

From the owner:

Dear all,

It is with great satisfaction that Goozex announces the completion of the acquisition by Bay Acquisition Corp. Bay Acquisition Corp has acquired 100% ownership of Goozex Inc. and has completed the first round of fund-raising towards a total goal of $2 million.

You can read more in the news: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bay-acquisition-corp-announces-acquisition-140000237.html

During the next few weeks Goozex and Bay Acquisition Corp will complete the transition process to the new management. In addition, we will craft the new operational plan intended to resume developing the Goozex system, to revitalize the Goozex community, and to introduce new opportunities to trade video games and movies.

This has been a long process and we certainly appreciate the patience and faith that all Goozex members have shown during the last several months. We have worked hard to find a financial partner (Baytree Capital, an investor in Bay Acquisition Corp) able to inject new resources into Goozex to help us grow the business. With your support we have kept the community active and the site alive.

Our work is not complete. This is just the start of what will be the new Goozex. We will announce as soon as possible the plans for the system's evolution, and we certainly welcome your feedback in this process.

Happy Trading!

I can't find any useful information in this company. They've posted losses in 2008-2010 and there's no data for 2011 past their first quarter (where they posted their first ever profit... of $3000).

I don't get how this company still exists, or how it can raise capital without financial information. Then again, they're headquartered in India and is run by a family (based on what little info is available).

Not sure I want to get my hopes up...

Someone should make a thread for the new site and link it in here. Too bad I missed out on early adoption, but I primarily used Goozex for older PC games, and I doubt the diehards who migrate over will have that supply or demand. I might move over there eventually, but wish you guys the best of luck as it gets started.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']How fitting that the spammers have made their way into the Goozex thread on CAG. They post almost daily on the site's forums.

Anyway, it appears that the sale to Bay Acquisition Corp. has finally been completed.

From the owner:[/QUOTE]

woo our first goal of getting 5 bucks is done

2nd goal only need the rest of the cash

dont see how people think this is so wonderful.. your going to look stupid if they go into a PAY to Trade plan

people who pay a monthly 4.95 or higher will be pushed up the trades faster then the normal FREE people (meaning you will never be matched if you dont join the monthly membership fees)

looking at the site see games vaules seems off

puzzler world 3ds 500 credits
Street Fighter X Tekken vita 500 credits

pretty sure that first game is a 20 buck game while the other is 40

Posted it on your site as well but i think you made a major mistake with the thanksgiving thing...

I just made an account up (never knew you could did it before but o well)

So someone who joins today or when you first go LIVE

person B sticks up 8 games each with 500 credit vaule and ends up with 4000 credits

Person A who joined before thanksgiivng pays 40 bucks gets 50 tokens and 4000 credit

uses 8 tokens and all of their FREE CREDITS to take out all 8 games Person B put in

so now you have

person A who made out paying 40 bucks out of pocket for 8 games and still has 42 tokens
PERSON B has 4000 credits with nothing to spend them on

i doubt i will put many games up on this site cause you just made the trading unfair by giving free credits to some

it should of been 500 FREE CREDITS WiTH each completed trade or something like that at least games will go back into the system,

[quote name='taintedzodiac']Thanks. To answer your questions:

Just tokens will be sold in the long run. I am allowing the early adopters (you had to have an account by a couple of days ago) to get credits with token purchases in order to seed initial credits into the system. Beyond that, I have no plans to sell currency and deflate what already exists. There will be currency entering the system, but it will be controlled and not sold.

Game values will primarily be based on supply and demand. There is an initial price for popular new games that will be above the normal cap to spur early trading (you can get twice the normal value if you trade a game in the first month). Once the bonus period is over, supply and demand take control.

The FAQ will be coming soon. As elefader said, the forums on vgfive.com have lots of information that hasn't been properly organized yet.[/QUOTE]

I joined your site - I really like the basic, clean look, but adding and requesting games is still a little clunky.

Anyway it looks like a nice site and will be even better when matching goes live.

It's going to be interesting to watch how the trading site wars go down, I'm thinking that the hourglass is running out on Goozex when there are two competing trading sites that have active, motivated, and professional mods and none of the inflation problems that Goozex has accrued.

[quote name='camoor']I joined your site - I really like the basic, clean look, but adding and requesting games is still a little clunky.

Anyway it looks like a nice site and will be even better when matching goes live.

It's going to be interesting to watch how the trading site wars go down, I'm thinking that the hourglass is running out on Goozex when there are two competing trading sites that have active, motivated, and professional mods and none of the inflation problems that Goozex has accrued.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I completely agree on the clunkiness of managing your offers/requests. Something that will be near the top of my list once trading is live and everything is flowing smoothly. Also going to be adding quite a bit on the forum and profile sides.

[quote name='slidecage']looking at the site see games vaules seems off

puzzler world 3ds 500 credits
Street Fighter X Tekken vita 500 credits

pretty sure that first game is a 20 buck game while the other is 40
[/QUOTE]

Although retail price and age of games are taken into consideration, the prices are only preliminary at this point. When all is running smoothly, what you buy a game for at retail won't have nearly as much effect as supply and demand. If people are willing to put up 1000 credits for a game that costs $10, I believe the system should let them. The strict control against inflation/deflation should keep everything in check. Prices also won't change too quickly, as someone who requests a game at 300 points shouldn't suddenly be matched and paying 800 next week. Prices will only go up/down by smaller increments.

As with everything else about the site, I am fully willing to change things as the site evolves and more data comes in. All in interest of improving the experience, as I believe that is the best way to sustain it.

I have over 150 things in queue on Goozex and haven't received anything in months. I am done. Even though I have about 4000 points left....

Besides the title, the time when you request a game is a big factor. For example, I was #19 in line for Lego Batman (PSP) back in February. Now I am #2. In fact, I am first in line for 20 items and second for another 20 items.

I don't check Goozex all the time, but it's a great feeling when I get an email out of the blue from Goozex for a game I didn't expect to get matched on (The Third Birthday being the latest one).

I wonder when the site will add Wii U titles. I never owned a Wii so when I get a Wii U, I will be requesting Wii titles left and right.

If they haven't added Wii U titles by now (generally, they'd be in the future release section), then I doubt they ever will. There is a thread about it here.

I had to break down and buy 5 games during Black Friday, because I knew I'd never get them from Goozex.:cry:

Trades were down to 657 today. The lowest I've ever seen.

I have 250 points and one token. I have 8 match chances to get Metroid Prime: Hunters -- First Hunt (Demo) DS. If I get a match, I'm zero and zero.

Goozex has no value anymore. I had around 40 games in my que a year ago. Currently, I have 17. I have managed to pick up all of the games that were in my que for $4.50 - $15. I traded in games to retailers for trade in credit as opposed to trading on Goozex. If you are patient, you can take advantage of trade in specials at different retailers to maximize your purchasing power. Why would I trade a title for 1000 points on Goozex when I could trade it in to a retailer for a $40 credit 6 months or longer after the release date? I can then use that credit to get 4-6 games that trade for 500 - 1000 points on Goozex. It doesn't make sense for any of us to support that site anymore. We are just hurting ourselves by doing so. We are all on CAG to save $. The best way for us to do so is by avoiding Goozex in the future. If I ever move my 1800 points & 2 trade tokens, I will never visit the site again.

A sample of the games I traded in to BBY & Gamestop:

Halo Reach $27
L4D2 $27
MW3 $42
NCAA 13 $42
Skyrim $33.60
MK Vita $27.40
Fifa 12 $31.50

Games I purchased from BBY or GS w/ trade in credit:
Infamous Collection $15
Nier $10
NFS The Run $5
ME3 $10
Darksiders $4.50
Shadows of the Damned $10
BF3 $10
RDR GOTY $15
SSX $10
KOA Reckoning $10
AC Revelations $10
Roco Loco 2 $1.99
Patapon 2 $1.99
MG PW $7.50
Journey CE $15
DI GOTY $10
Army of Two $5
Fear 3 $5
Dirt 3 CE $10
EDF IA $7
SWFU II $5
Driver SF $7.50
Batman AC CE $20

I have traded other games & purchased many more.

I think Goozex is better for games on older consoles anyway which is why I joined it in the first place three years ago. Goozex is especially helpful when I have a damaged disc from my [ever-growing] backlog that needs to be replaced and I can select "disc only" and get matched instantly (this has happened a few times with games and DVDs).

Even though trades are down to 615, they still list traded games that are for active consoles. Position in line is definitely key. I think the last PS3 title I received was Black Ops a year ago; meanwhile I'm #1 in line for Medal of Honor.

[quote name='shieryda']Wow. 2 matches in the last 2 days! Henry Hatsworth :ds: and EDF: IA :360:. No trade tokens left, but still have 4550 points.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I activated pretty much everything I had on hold and got a match this weekend too. Will be down to 1500 points and 2 tokens if I actually receive the game.

EDIT: just saw the last time the user sent out or received an item was over 2 years ago so who knows if they will even send the game...

[quote name='taintedzodiac']Thanks. I completely agree on the clunkiness of managing your offers/requests. Something that will be near the top of my list once trading is live and everything is flowing smoothly. Also going to be adding quite a bit on the forum and profile sides.[/QUOTE]

I'm done with Goozex and I've gone all-in on VGFive. Got my first request today, once I have the points I'm hoping some of my requests come through.

Thanks for making a site where member input matters!

So I received WWE RAW for Xbox. It looks good and the disc works, but there is one problem:

It arrived postage due.

The total was $1.11 and it's the first time I ever received something in the mail where I had to pay extra to receive it. I sent in a neutral mentioning the postage and now the status of the trade is "pending". I'm curious to see what happens next.

[quote name='camoor']I'm done with Goozex and I've gone all-in on VGFive. Got my first request today, once I have the points I'm hoping some of my requests come through.

Thanks for making a site where member input matters![/QUOTE]

i had 3 games ready to go out but i moved that back to 1... did not make the cutoff where they gave everyone 2000 free points

before trades went live was like

8 3ds games and 10 vita games

now only 3 ds games and 3 vita games

I highly doubt i will send anything else out just like i thought people just used those 2000 free points to grab up the games and not listing anything in return .

bread's done
Back