OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rocksolidaudio']hmm, i don't really know what happened to be honest, sorry about that. i often get the rocket launcher in that level, and i'm also of the school of thought "protect the flag at all costs, including your teammates lives". so when two enemies are running at the flag with my teammates close behind, if i know i can take them both out with maybe an extra casualty i'll do it. or if a warthog comes in the base i'll grenade it like a madman, and often people go nearby to jack it. i know those don't sound like the nicest tactics but i usually have a ton of carrier kills at the end of the round. but yeah, sorry it happened to you four times, that's excessive. if it makes you feel any better, by the fourth time i had a 30-second respawn time :D thanks for not booting me heh[/quote]

Protecting the flag at all costs is how you keep the enemy from winning the round. In my book as well. Just check the # of deaths I end up with, mostly to keep the flag from disappearing.

[quote name='rywateska']I want another go at Burial Mounds CTF...that's worth a redo...fun fun fun

I'll be online tonight sometime around 11.[/quote]

Only if you empty your bladder beforehand, or keep an empty bottle handy. [-X

Don't worry about Darknight, he's alright, I've known him for a long while on Live, at least back to this time last year.

Just so my fans know where I'm at, I'll be on Live tonight around 930-10 pm EST. Set your watches and wear something pretty, I like to be impressed.

Hey guys, I dont remember if I posted this earlier.. but if you ever want someone to play against or are short a person for scrimmage.. let me know I'll be happy to D up against you. add me to you Friend list..
GT: elSantoNegro

[quote name='gaelan']everyone can settle down, i'm not complaining and i would never boot anyone for something accidental like that. i guess i was fishing for something that I could do different to avoid getting in people's way other than hiding in a corner while everyone does the work.

i repeat i would boot no one.[/quote]

sorry about everyone jumping on you, i don't know why they took it as a threat or something. as far as good ways to avoid getting in the way is basically to stay about twenty virtual feet from wherever the action is. if a flag is out in the open, stand back from it instead of right on it. i'm not implying you do, just saying it's something to keep in mind. getting proficient with the battle rifle/grenades helps a lot with that as you can always give great covering fire at medium range. in general if you don't have something specific to do in a level, just find someone covering an area or sniping and get their back. and don't underestimate the virtues of sitting in a corner, ducked. let the action come to you.

I've been playing only with the clan in custom games for the past two weeks...I would really like to get a few guys together and tackle some Big Team Battle. This is where I've worked hardest for a high rank but have left the gametype alone in favor of the CAG practices and such. I am ranked 12 in BTB, if anyone is close to that rank then please join me, I really would like to focus on that tonight. My lucky 13 is only about 4 wins away

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'll be on late tonight as well....in the meantime - I suggest all the "I play everynight" people spend some money on this book. It's pretty cool.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/102-8252199-3484939?v=glance&s=books[/quote]

Seems like it's worth it, I'll see what it looks like when it shows up.

Overstock has it a tiny bit cheaper than Amazon:
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=1098416&cid=47274&fp=F

Also available on Walmart.com:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...urceid=0100000030910868002498&dest=9999999997

[quote name='jughead']hey rywateska, my btb is like a nine but my team skirmish is an 11. btw, team skirmish is way cooler.[/quote]

Wayyyy cooler. My BTB is 11 and my skirmish is 12. I'm down for some skirmish.

Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.

[quote name='Trakan']Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.[/quote]

You are not alone sir. Team Slayer and Team Skirmish are easily my faves. I'm pretty sick of BTB.

[quote name='Trakan']Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.[/quote]

me too and I especially like it when the big team battle mode is slayer. I especially like it in burial mounds although I must be the only one because everyone else moans about it

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.[/quote]

You are not alone sir. Team Slayer and Team Skirmish are easily my faves. I'm pretty sick of BTB.[/quote]

You gonna be on tonight Led? What time?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.[/quote]

You are not alone sir. Team Slayer and Team Skirmish are easily my faves. I'm pretty sick of BTB.[/quote]

I love them both as well. Slayer is good if I'm really in to it since its non stop action since you don't get a break to defend or anything. Also my hatred for btb has grown. I can't stand waterworks.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.[/quote]

You gonna be on tonight Led? What time?[/quote]

How's about... right now! I'll be on in about 5 minutes.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.[/quote]

I love them both as well. Slayer is good if I'm really in to it since its non stop action since you don't get a break to defend or anything. Also my hatred for btb has grown. I can't stand waterworks.[/quote]

It's too fucking huge.

I hate Zombie also. :|

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Am I the only one who likes to play Team Slayer? I don't mind the occasional CTF or KOTH or Oddball, but TS is my favorite.[/quote]

You gonna be on tonight Led? What time?[/quote]

How's about... right now! I'll be on in about 5 minutes.[/quote]

Damnit, looks like I won't be on tonight. Ah well, have fun Led. :)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Hey, it was nice playing with you guys last night. In other news, I beat 7 people on Beaver Creek. Me = 25. Next guy = 14. No lie.[/quote]

What was your gamertag?

A couple of people brought to my attention tonite that some users were playing Clan games without a staff member present.

No.

Looking at the Clan game list on Bungie.Net, The last one that I found that took place was on December 16th. I just want to remind everyone that the staff players are the ones responsible for the clan ranking. By that I mean, If we lose some matches and go down in rank, it's noone's fault but ours. But if we go down in rank because someone ignored the fact that a staff player wasn't present, words will be had.

So please, DO NOT play a Clan match, Minor OR Major, unless you see at least one of these tags in the party and they have agreed to a clan game:

Rocksolidaudio (otherwise known as "The Boss"; don't bullshit him)
Zewone
Arikado
Murcielago77
LedheD 01

Sorry if I sound like a negative Nancy, I just want to make sure that all players, new and old, know the guidelines. Ignorance will not be considered an excuse. Don't say "I didn't know." It's not gonna fly.

If anyone would like to ask me any further questions regarding Clan matches, send me a PM or mesage me on Live. All questions will be answered, provided I have the capacity to answer it.

Again, sorry if I sound like a dick, but this needs to be made clear.

Glad to see some of our newer members like D4rkN1ght playing with us tonite. Hope to see you at practice guys. Have fun.

[quote name='zewone']You are so cut if you play a clan match without a staff member cut. :x :p :x[/quote]

That's it in a nutshell folks. No if's, and's or but's. Gone.

Sorry I didn't make practice last night. I went over to my cousin's house for a LAN party. It's possible I might be going over there again tomorrow night, so I'm not too sure if I'll make practice tomorrow or not. Sounds like you guys had a productive night last night, though.

I hit level 16 in Rumble Pit yesterday. *thrust*

Anyway, I'm about to hop online right now.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Hey, it was nice playing with you guys last night. In other news, I beat 7 people on Beaver Creek. Me = 25. Next guy = 14. No lie.[/quote]

What was your gamertag?[/quote]

Dovenche. It was my friend's account. I only saw you for like 5 minutes.

[quote name='buster90']How do I join this clan? I send an reguest to the topic creater and he declined to add me or be my friend.[/quote]

sorry if i didn't respond to you yet. you need to leave your gamertag in this thread, just like the OP says.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Hey, it was nice playing with you guys last night. In other news, I beat 7 people on Beaver Creek. Me = 25. Next guy = 14. No lie.[/quote]

What was your gamertag?[/quote]

Dovenche. It was my friend's account. I only saw you for like 5 minutes.[/quote]

oh so thats who that was, i was playing for a bit later on in the night.

Great games tonight guys. I don't think we lost a single major clanmatch. We had a solid group of players that really communicated and played well.

Anyway, it's still up in the air as to whether or not I'm going to make practice tomorrow. I might be going to another LAN.

[quote name='Arikado']Great games tonight guys. I don't think we lost a single major clanmatch. We had a solid group of players that really communicated and played well.

Anyway, it's still up in the air as to whether or not I'm going to make practice tomorrow. I might be going to another LAN.[/quote]

Yea that core group of ours was great. We either won or it was a tie. I still amazed of how i planted those 2 bombs. I mean one time i got out unscaved planting it from start to finish even when being surrounded by one guy with a rocket, one with a sword, and one with a shotgun. And the other one was just a touch bomb, look down, killed, planted

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='Arikado']Great games tonight guys. I don't think we lost a single major clanmatch. We had a solid group of players that really communicated and played well.

Anyway, it's still up in the air as to whether or not I'm going to make practice tomorrow. I might be going to another LAN.[/quote]

Yea that core group of ours was great. We either won or it was a tie. I still amazed of how i planted those 2 bombs. I mean one time i got out unscaved planting it from start to finish even when being surrounded by one guy with a rocket, one with a sword, and one with a shotgun. And the other one was just a touch bomb, look down, killed, planted[/quote]

Yeah, that last plant was insane. They had the place locked down, but you seemed to plant it with ease. I was hiding under the stairs on level 2 with a plasma rifle/SMG combo. I saw three guys about to come up towards you, so I busted out and mowed through all three of them to get the triple kill right before you planted. Good times. :D

well, i guess you all are finished for the night. I just woke up from a nap. My sleeping schedule is so off right now I don't know if i'll ever play halo again. Hope to see ya on tomorrow. Sounds like the clan is getting alot better in the formal clan match arena. That is really good news.

i am about to get on, but i am sure you want to play someone with actual skills. i guess people were upset with me for my lack of skills. i guess thats the way it goes.

*shrugs*

its not as fun when people start bitching. maybe if some of the higher level people would be willing to give me suggests (serious ones) then i'd be able to contribute better.

thanks in advance

[quote name='craven_fiend']i am about to get on, but i am sure you want to play someone with actual skills. i guess people were upset with me for my lack of skills. i guess thats the way it goes.

*shrugs*

its not as fun when people start bitching. maybe if some of the higher level people would be willing to give me suggests (serious ones) then i'd be able to contribute better.

thanks in advance[/quote]

i apologize if anyone was giving you shit, that's totally uncalled for. as far as tips, start by reading mooky's tips thread which is linked to in the OP of this thread.

alright.

and by all means i am not complaining. i know that there are some people that are really intense and thats cool with me. i've been trying my best and am getting better. but it takes time.

so yeah this isn't directed towards anyone in particular. and surprisingly, i thought jimmiemac was funnier than many had said and not as much of an ass as i have heard. it was fun playing tonight even being the butt of some jokes.

^^ Don't worry we all crawled before we walked, time and practice will get you playing better and don't mind most of the people giving you flack, just hold your own and try to cause a little damage when you play, sometimes the most seemingly inadequate kill can have a huge effect.

On a different note we have definitely got to keep using proximity to f*ck up our competition, I don't know how many times I had the whole other team running around in the opposite direction just by yelling it out over team chat. Secondly I think the team we had assembled last night did the most damage CAG has ever done on the ranking boards last night and that we are only going to get better as time progresses. Congrats to all that caused havok last night with me.

[quote name='Trakan']

It does autoboot, and do not do it to rocksolid. He didn't do it on purpose. I got betrayed twice yesterday by "The Ender" Big deal, shit happens.[/quote]

Sorry man, it wasn't on purpose. In the heat of the battle, with horrible lag, sh!t happens. Although I don't remember betraying anyone twice, which game? I only remember one time on Coag someone jumped right in front of me and my shotgun as I was firing at the flag carrier. Not much I could do there.

i couldn't get into any clan games last night :( , but i did get my first place in a big slayer game :cool: ...yay me

anyways, i'll try again tonight.

my wife + new medication= ass knocked out at 9:00pm cst and me on live :applause:

I'll be on today after work at like 5pm est for like 2 hours. I'll then be back on by atleast 9 pm est and i'm hoping to play some Team Slayer or Team Skirmish. If anyone wants to play hit me up with a PM so we can set this up. Thanks.

[quote name='craven_fiend']alright.

and by all means i am not complaining. i know that there are some people that are really intense and thats cool with me. i've been trying my best and am getting better. but it takes time.

so yeah this isn't directed towards anyone in particular. and surprisingly, i thought jimmiemac was funnier than many had said and not as much of an ass as i have heard. it was fun playing tonight even being the butt of some jokes.[/quote]

I wouldnt worry about it man, give it 3 weeks and you'll be making fun of the new guy who sucks as well. Its just the bottom step, and no one who plays with us stays they're for long. ;-)

Have a good time and dont take anything personal, besides....why do you care about someone talking shit, who you dont even know from 10 states away?

Good to play with you and I noticed that you werent great, but you got better within the hour or two I played you. You maybe out of the Noob spot faster than you think!

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Mookyjooky']I'll be on late tonight as well....in the meantime - I suggest all the "I play everynight" people spend some money on this book. It's pretty cool.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/102-8252199-3484939?v=glance&s=books[/quote]

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=1098416&cid=47274&fp=F

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...urceid=0100000030910868002498&dest=9999999997[/quote]

Overstock's version went on sale.....its like $12.00 shipping included. I would highly suggest picking it up now. ONLY 10 LEFT!!! (CLICK ME!!)

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Mookyjooky']I'll be on late tonight as well....in the meantime - I suggest all the "I play everynight" people spend some money on this book. It's pretty cool.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...urceid=0100000030910868002498&dest=9999999997[/quote]

Overstock's version went on sale.....its like $12.00 shipping included. I would highly suggest picking it up now. ONLY 10 LEFT!!! (CLICK ME!!)[/quote]

Also available on B&N:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?endeca=1&isbn=1592007007&itm=2

Bookpool.com:
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/RRRRRR/sm/1592007007

Gamestop.com:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=831625

And of course, for the metasearchers out there, BookFinder4U:
http://www.bookfinder4u.com/IsbnSearch.aspx?isbn=1592007007&mode=direct

I have to say that last night was the WORST night I have played. I just couldn't get the kills when I was playing against youse guys. When we went into our seperate rooms, I played great. I think its just performance anexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back