OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingDox']I had an idea maybe we could try one of these game nights. Since we can pull a room of 16 on most games nights, how about we stack the teams.

Insted of 8 vs 8, we have like 6 vs 10 or 7 vs 9. Only the smaller team is made up of all the "top teir" players.

Since it seems the best players are the ones who are/will represent CAG in the clan matches lets see how they do when they are down in numbers.[/quote]

I'm game. Arikado and I were pushing for a 4-on-12 Slayer the other night, but it never happened.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='KingDox']I had an idea maybe we could try one of these game nights. Since we can pull a room of 16 on most games nights, how about we stack the teams.

Insted of 8 vs 8, we have like 6 vs 10 or 7 vs 9. Only the smaller team is made up of all the "top teir" players.

Since it seems the best players are the ones who are/will represent CAG in the clan matches lets see how they do when they are down in numbers.[/quote]

I'm game. Arikado and I were pushing for a 4-on-12 Slayer the other night, but it never happened.[/quote]

im game too, also tonight was decent... ok nevermind it sucked pretty bad

[quote name='murcielago77']also tonight was decent... ok nevermind it sucked pretty bad[/quote]

I almost started typing "YOU fuckING LIAR" before reading the rest of the post. :lol:

/me wants to join in some halo2 play =(

just got back from playing ghost recon 2 online for the first time (though i bought it like 2 weeks ago). it's pretty fun in a different way. in a "walking walking MAN I WAS KILLED" sort of way. makes you all jumpy and stuff haha.

well let me know when you guys are going to play again... except ill be out of town until next wednesday because of the Sugar Bowl :D

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77']also tonight was decent... ok nevermind it sucked pretty bad[/quote]

I almost started typing "YOU shaq-fuing LIAR" before reading the rest of the post. :lol:[/quote]

Yea, i would be lieing if i said it was decent, it was complete trash.

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='KingDox']I had an idea maybe we could try one of these game nights. Since we can pull a room of 16 on most games nights, how about we stack the teams.

I'm game. Arikado and I were pushing for a 4-on-12 Slayer the other night, but it never happened.[/quote]

im game too, also tonight was decent... ok nevermind it sucked pretty bad[/quote]

i'm game just for fun once or twice, but i don't think it would help either side practice. we certainly have some good newbs, but the veterans are MUCH more skilled, and i don't know that an ol' fashioned slaughtering would help. but yeah, i'm down for a game or two. and just a note for the staff: when a player accepts a clan invite it automatically makes them a member, so if you see any newbie members please make them peons. thanks.

in other news, i got my first berserker tonight, killing 24 straight fools, mostly from CAG (about half from the clan). i'd of course be much more proud killing some more elite players, but hey, kills are kills. nice playing with some of you other dudes.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']and just a note for the staff: when a player accepts a clan invite it automatically makes them a member, so if you see any newbie members please make them peons. thanks.[/quote]

I never knew that. I was wondering why the Bungie.Net clan page showed many of the new people as members. I was like, "WTF?! What are z and rock doing here?" :lol:

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='KingDox']I had an idea maybe we could try one of these game nights. Since we can pull a room of 16 on most games nights, how about we stack the teams.

im game too, also tonight was decent... ok nevermind it sucked pretty bad[/quote]

i'm game just for fun once or twice, but i don't think it would help either side practice. we certainly have some good newbs, but the veterans are MUCH more skilled, and i don't know that an ol' fashioned slaughtering would help. but yeah, i'm down for a game or two. and just a note for the staff: when a player accepts a clan invite it automatically makes them a member, so if you see any newbie members please make them peons. thanks.

in other news, i got my first berserker tonight, killing 24 straight fools, mostly from CAG (about half from the clan). i'd of course be much more proud killing some more elite players, but hey, kills are kills. nice playing with some of you other dudes.[/quote]

Ill go through the list to see who is deserving of the member status tommorow

and if you didnt kill me, that berserker doesnt mean much :wink:

[quote name='murcielago77']

and if you didnt kill me, that berserker doesnt mean much :wink:[/quote]

well, don't change anyone besides the newest five or so people. it should be up-to-date with who should be members and such, that was just for the future.

and i now have a personal berserker with your name on it :wink:

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='murcielago77']

well, don't change anyone besides the newest five or so people. it should be up-to-date with who should be members and such, that was just for the future.

and i now have a personal berserker with your name on it :wink:[/quote]

well i mean i dont want anyone who never plays to have a member status but someone who plays all the time to still have the peon status

and there shall be no bersker for you if im on the other team

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='murcielago77']

and i now have a personal berserker with your name on it :wink:[/quote]

well i mean i dont want anyone who never plays to have a member status but someone who plays all the time to still have the peon status

and there shall be no bersker for you if im on the other team[/quote]

it's not just about playing regularly though, it's seeing an improvement in skill and communication. and once a member, always a member i would say. if they never play they'll be out of the clan eventually anyhow. just keep an eye on the new people please, the older ones should be fine how they are.

it was fun playing tonight, but damn i need to not spend some much time on there. i spent 9 hours on the tonight for god knows what reason. i can see my skills, slightly improving. i've killed the best of them, but thats only because they were looking the other way. fun times. i don't know when i'll be on again though, since i'll be busy all weekend and start back to work on sunday night.

God damn it, you guys are making me feel anxious to get my Xbox! I hope to God you guys will make me a spot in the clan when the time comes!

[quote name='Ledhed']Tonite was some sort of karmic balancing after last night's amazing winning streak. Even with our best players together, we couldn't get anything done. I've never seen us lose so many objective games. Betrayals occurred during every game, the worst of which involved me killing Jimmie, Murc, and myself with a rocket. Poor Zewone's connection dropped almost every game. Even when we were inches away from winning, it simply wouldn't happen. Everyone's voice was choppy and unintelligible at points. I'm completely ashamed of my performance tonite. I was so mad, I barely said a word the last game.

God did not want us to win. It's the only explanation. Hubris truly is the foil of man. Tonite taught me that, no matter how many times you win, you have to lose eventually.[/quote]

I was on the receiving end of 4 of those betrayals alone. :shock: ;)

Tonight was a fun night, even if we didn't do all that well. I had a blast playing for like 6 hours. Great games with rocksolid later on.

I'll be on tonight probably if I dont do shit for New Year's. Hopefully we can assemble the same crew we did last night. Yes, God did not want us to win at all but today is a different day and redemption is a coming.

I'm really interested in joining the CAG Halo 2 clan. My gamertag is Drunk n Mantis. If everything is all good I really look forward to playing with some of you guys.

[quote name='zewone']God, I don't know what is up with my connection.[/quote]

Time for some industrial-strength diagnosis of your problem, zewone.

hi guys glad i was able to introduce some of you to my buddy mr shotty at the tail end of your playing time. Anyone playing tonight?

I'll be going online here in a half hour or so for 2 hours before I have to go to work and then I don't think I'll be on much before 1am EST, if at all.

I have always wanted to try a few games drunk though. I definitely would not be trying any matchmade games though.

Olrox and I jumped on briefly during the beginning of practice, but my cousin was downloading something so we were lagging really bad. That's why we dropped out of the 16-player Slayer match.

I also jumped back online briefly for a quick Big Team Battle with the clan. I led in kills and had a bomb plant. :D

Afterwards, Olrox and I stayed online to play Team Slayer with my two cousins. I led in kills in just about every single round, including this one where I had thirty of our fifty kills. :D

So overall, it was a good night for me Halo-wise.

I played for a little while today. zewone, I'm sorry I didn't accept your party invite, I have to go to a New Year's party.

I just got done playing with some of the guys. All I can say is that if I ever beat Zewone in a slayer game, it will be the happiest day of my life. He's so frickin good.

[quote name='Greetard']I'm getting Xbox Live soon. Is anyone allowed to join, or are there certain qualifications?[/quote]

anyone is allowed to join, as long as you're able to participate regularly.

[quote name='Trakan']I played for a little while today. zewone, I'm sorry I didn't accept your party invite, I have to go to a New Year's party.[/quote]

No problem man. Catch you some other time.

[quote name='greendj27']I just got done playing with some of the guys. All I can say is that if I ever beat Zewone in a slayer game, it will be the happiest day of my life. He's so frickin good.[/quote]

:)

I was playing with the "second rate" players last night and was the party leader for awhile.

I really think that greendj27 showed some fantastic leadership throughout the night. I would highly recommend him to play with "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" since he did very well in helping others and alerting his teammates when a guy was coming. He did a great job.

Besides him, leadership is lacked with most of the players that are not on "Mooky's ALL- STAR team". I would reccomend that in the next practice you guys have a custom game with everyone and really mix players together between "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" and the "bench players". It didn't seem like the players that weren't with "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" could really improve without the help of players like Ledhed, rocksolidaudio and some others.

Just putting the worst players with other lower players won't do any good. They need the leadership that "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" can give to them.

Really, I don't think that I gave much leadership in the several hours we played last night since I really shouldn't be telling guys in the CAG clan what to do.

My basic point is, if you have more than 8 or 16 players, don't just send the good players to one room and the bad players in another. Some of the players that aren't on "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" could really improve with the help of guys that are on "Mooky's ALL- STAR team".

Good luck with the CAG clan guys. The DCR clan I'm in just got like 5 new, good players and we may finally be able to do something with it. :D

[quote name='sj41']I was playing with the "second rate" players last night and was the party leader for awhile.

I really think that greendj27 showed some fantastic leadership throughout the night. I would highly recommend him to play with "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" since he did very well in helping others and alerting his teammates when a guy was coming. He did a great job.

Besides him, leadership is lacked with most of the players that are not on "Mooky's ALL- STAR team". I would reccomend that in the next practice you guys have a custom game with everyone and really mix players together between "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" and the "bench players". It didn't seem like the players that weren't with "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" could really improve without the help of players like Ledhed, rocksolidaudio and some others.

Just putting the worst players with other lower players won't do any good. They need the leadership that "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" can give to them.

Really, I don't think that I gave much leadership in the several hours we played last night since I really shouldn't be telling guys in the CAG clan what to do.

My basic point is, if you have more than 8 or 16 players, don't just send the good players to one room and the bad players in another. Some of the players that aren't on "Mooky's ALL- STAR team" could really improve with the help of guys that are on "Mooky's ALL- STAR team".

Good luck with the CAG clan guys. The DCR clan I'm in just got like 5 new, good players and we may finally be able to do something with it. :D[/quote]

Well considering you defected to the DCR clan :evil: You have no idea what we do now during practices. If you hadnt, you would know that we do mix up the teams

[quote name='pimpinc333']Shit, i'm calling sticky waffles out to play the CAG team and i'm pretty sure we will end up winning. CAG Clan Rules!!![/quote]

YOU KNOW IT! BRING IT ON DCR! :twisted:

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I'm gonna jump online to start the killing later on tonight. Should see alot of drunken goodness.[/quote]

druken soulja...

shit

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='pimpinc333']Shit, i'm calling sticky waffles out to play the CAG team and i'm pretty sure we will end up winning. CAG Clan Rules!!![/quote]

YOU KNOW IT! BRING IT ON DCR! :twisted: [/quote]

Consider it brought

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='pimpinc333']Shit, i'm calling sticky waffles out to play the CAG team and i'm pretty sure we will end up winning. CAG Clan Rules!!![/quote]

Consider it brought[/quote]

oh, its on, ITS ON! :twoguns: :boxing:

Man bodyboarding been eating up alot of my time

Dont know how much im gonna be playing but I will try to drop in this weekend

I just got pleased with my top 100 ranking and moved on I guess no longer even care about the game like I did at first

Look foward to killing u all like I normally do :)

I'm frickin drunk, so I won't be on anymore tonight. I want to thank Sticky for the nice words though. That was very nice of him to say. Anyway, have a good drunk night.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='pimpinc333']Shit, i'm calling sticky waffles out to play the CAG team and i'm pretty sure we will end up winning. CAG Clan Rules!!![/quote]

Consider it brought[/quote]Consider it unbrought now. :wink: Man, we sucked tonight. We'll need to practice some more.

[quote name='murcielago77']Well considering you defected to the DCR clan You have no idea what we do now during practices. If you hadnt, you would know that we do mix up the teams[/quote]Didn't see it happen last night. Maybe it was just different last night.

[quote name='-BigC-']Look foward to killing u all like I normally do :)[/quote]

When have you ever killed us as you normally do? By that I mean, I've never seen you play with us.

[quote name='sj41']Didn't see it happen last night. Maybe it was just different last night.[/quote]

What murc is talking about is that we now basically assign two team captains (usually staff players if available) and pick a player, back-and-forth. The teams usually turn out amazingly even.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='pimpinc333']Shit, i'm calling sticky waffles out to play the CAG team and i'm pretty sure we will end up winning. CAG Clan Rules!!![/quote]

Consider it brought[/quote]Consider it unbrought now. :wink: Man, we sucked tonight. We'll need to practice some more.

[quote name='murcielago77']Well considering you defected to the DCR clan You have no idea what we do now during practices. If you hadnt, you would know that we do mix up the teams[/quote]Didn't see it happen last night. Maybe it was just different last night.[/quote]

yea we need some work

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back