OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I understand zero like I said I wouldnt have even had a problem with it

But Ledhed talked shit bad mouthed me in the other thread

So I callem a prick and get attacked for it

Just need to get a few members on friend list so I could at least play with some of the heads i used to

SHRIKE I'm only on page 5 & I need to emphasize how much CONDENSING WORKS! Put posts together instead of stringing 10+ in a row of one liners...It's just too annoying for me to read onto the page 6 without seeing anymore of this...not to flame, it's all in jest...but seriously, haha, get it together buddy...literally

EDIT: (Shrike, if no one has posted below you, just EDIT your posts! Let me show you, it's easyyyyyyy!]

...I played with Big C for a few weeks a month or so back. We did really well and he was without a doubt, a respectable person and player. I found nothing wrong with him other than that he'll dissapear. He did post up that he would be gone... If it were my decision, I would've sent him another invite but with all the commotion I don't know if he'd want to come back. Check egos at the door guys... I enjoyed playing with Big C whenever I did, and I believe that he would really be a great asset to the CAG Clan if he beings to show up and play with us some.

Big C, our clan has improved like you wouldn't believe since you last played with us seriously. We now have a great core group of gamers that has a chance in every firefight of a game I've seen to date. If things can be ironed out, and you can begin to work back in with the clan I believe your rank would improve even more. There are about 20 very serious and very skilled players that can play with anyone that you have not been able to play with because you were gone for so long. I hope you can work something out with Ledhed, he's a very nice guy and I'm sure you've taken him out of context, and get back into the clan and show your muscle with some people. I know you can play well and if you could only buckle up you could see how well the CAG has been doing for itself!

[quote name='-BigC-']Yeah I understand zero like I said I wouldnt have even had a problem with it

But Ledhed talked shit bad mouthed me in the other thread

So I callem a prick and get attacked for it

Just need to get a few members on friend list so I could at least play with some of the heads i used to[/quote]

Duly noted, but please rise above it and give my eyes a rest. You are a great player, be sure to add my name to your friends list, any other names you can probably grab from the gamertag thread. Thanks for being cooperative, later BigC

BigC, perhaps this will help to put things in perspective. I wish these were my words, unfortunately they are not. But, regardless, they are rather apt for our current situation:

Hubris is the folly of man.

Those six words speak more of why you are no longer in the clan than I ever could. Those are words to live by.

Have an awesome day.

Jeebus! What a thread!

ANYWAY, I just wanted to say: Good games all around last night. I am getting better, and I have the practices to thank for it!

To the snipers out there: I completely suck at sniping, and would really appreciate a quick "Sniping 101." The large sniper only matches, aren't helping for some reason. Hints. Tips. Tricks. Tutorials (in game or written). I will take whatever, because I super-suck.

Craven: I will look for you on Weekends. I usually have some free time to play then.

[quote name='Elrod']Jeebus! What a thread!

ANYWAY, I just wanted to say: Good games all around last night. I am getting better, and I have the practices to thank for it!

To the snipers out there: I completely suck at sniping, and would really appreciate a quick "Sniping 101." The large sniper only matches, aren't helping for some reason. Hints. Tips. Tricks. Tutorials (in game or written). I will take whatever, because I super-suck.

Craven: I will look for you on Weekends. I usually have some free time to play then.[/quote]

One big tip - keep moving don't stand still.

[quote name='rywateska']SHRIKE I'm only on page 5 & I need to emphasize how much CONDENSING WORKS! Put posts together instead of stringing 10+ in a row of one liners...It's just too annoying for me to read onto the page 6 without seeing anymore of this...not to flame, it's all in jest...but seriously, haha, get it together buddy...literally

EDIT: (Shrike, if no one has posted below you, just EDIT your posts! Let me show you, it's easyyyyyyy!]

...I played with Big C for a few weeks a month or so back. We did really well and he was without a doubt, a respectable person and player. I found nothing wrong with him other than that he'll dissapear. He did post up that he would be gone... If it were my decision, I would've sent him another invite but with all the commotion I don't know if he'd want to come back. Check egos at the door guys... I enjoyed playing with Big C whenever I did, and I believe that he would really be a great asset to the CAG Clan if he beings to show up and play with us some.

Big C, our clan has improved like you wouldn't believe since you last played with us seriously. We now have a great core group of gamers that has a chance in every firefight of a game I've seen to date. If things can be ironed out, and you can begin to work back in with the clan I believe your rank would improve even more. There are about 20 very serious and very skilled players that can play with anyone that you have not been able to play with because you were gone for so long. I hope you can work something out with Ledhed, he's a very nice guy and I'm sure you've taken him out of context, and get back into the clan and show your muscle with some people. I know you can play well and if you could only buckle up you could see how well the CAG has been doing for itself![/quote]

i PMmed shrike about his posts, so hopefully he'll condense a bit more. we're at 8 pages in 2 days :roll:

also, while i appreciate your kind words towards big c, i just don't want people in the clan who will be bothered when they lose games because of less skilled players, no matter how good or respectable they might be. there are many other highly competitive clans out there, and i suggest he hook up with one of them.

I got no idea what that means Led nor do i feel like looking it up

Meh I aint rising above anything he talked bad about me I responded period

You "elites" sets rules to not talk bad about clan mates but does the same thing

And Ryan I dont care to much about competition anymore I just wanted to say I was top 100 for a while then I stopped caring about my rank.I would rather play casual games then serious ones its more fun to me.

[quote name='Crymson'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='-BigC-']That quote was just a joke.I was joking that I stopped playing because I got my rank and who here hasnt talked a little crap before playing?I mean it wasnt serious I was just joking around.Sweet geesus lighten up[/quote]

Yea because that was comedy gold. I was laughing for hours. So how do we differentiate from your jokes and what you meant? heck if we figure that out maybe we can tackle that who came first the chicken or the egg problem[/quote]

The egg came first :wink:, as reptiles were around before chickens. But if you are reffering to an actual egg that actually procured a chicken then, the answer is still the egg. In nature, organisms evolve through changes in DNA either through chromosomal abberations or mutations in their genetic code. Chickens evolved from non-chickens through genetic recombination of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA which produced the zygote. Whats a Zygote? DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote, the first cell of a new organism. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. To sum this all up, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens.

Perhaps this was a little uncalled for but I decided to shine some light on the question. :cool:[/quote]

as $hady would say...

BEST. POST. EVAR!!!!!!!!

btw, this is NOT the OTT shrike, i repeat, this is NOT the OTT ;) too many posts by you in a row :p

[quote name='-BigC-']I got no idea what that means Led nor do i feel like looking it up

You "elites" sets rules to not talk bad about clan mates but does the same thing[/quote]

Just to be clear, any further responses you see from me are not hostile. I meant you no harm to begin with; I just didn't see how you were benefiting the clan. I don't expect you to ever forgive me for what I've (supposedly) done to sour your reputation.

I just want to leave you with another bit of advice, since you appear to have disregarded the first bit I gave you:

Be careful of what you say, because there will always be at least one person who hears it.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='-BigC-']I got no idea what that means Led nor do i feel like looking it up

You "elites" sets rules to not talk bad about clan mates but does the same thing[/quote]

Just to be clear, any further responses you see from me are not hostile. I meant you no harm to begin with; I just didn't see how you were benefiting the clan. I don't expect you to ever forgive me for what I've (supposedly) done to sour your reputation.

I just want to leave you with another bit of advice, since you appear to have disregarded the first bit I gave you:

Be careful of what you say, because there will always be at least one person who hears it.[/quote]

Like for example, don't scream like a pansy when someone comes after you with a sword? :lol:

On the sniping subject...my gt is gaelan and i too suck at sniping. The ones who can snipe yea for you. The ones who get dug in and snipe me repeatedly :x

At practice (let me know what you all think about this), I think we should discuss/point out/map out the usual sniping spots. On some of the off practice games I have played, I will get sniped, pinpoint the position and then go hunt him down. At first this was hard, but now that I am more familiar with the maps and the positions these snipers like to nest in, it is getting easier. The easiest way to kill a sniper is to snipe him. Luckily your sniping skills don't have to be top notch since the other sniper is usually stationary...the key is to see and shoot first.

Anyways thought i'd throw that out since it is definitely one of my biggest improvements as of late (sniper hunting). I still suck at nesting and picking people off from a distance while moving, but I am dealing with it better now that I am getting better and countering the snipe.

For the sake of space, shrike has just condensed his posting blitz, and I've deleted the posts where they originally were.

And yes green, that could easily apply to Halo as well. I would've saved my teammates in a warthog some grief last night if I had just kept my mouth shut on Burial Mounds. Proximity speak is a cold, heartless bitch.

And while I'm far from the best sniper on the team, I'd be glad to set up a sniping tutorial for those interested. Just let me know when you'd like to do it, and we'll go from there. :wink:

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i PMmed shrike about his posts, so hopefully he'll condense a bit more. we're at 8 pages in 2 days :roll: [/quote]

I've done a few of those, and called in the powers-that-be to help with that. :D

[quote name='Ledhed']For the sake of space, shrike has just condensed his posting blitz, and I've deleted the posts where they originally were.
[/quote]

Stretch those newly acquired mod muscles!
arnold.jpg

[quote name='rywateska'][quote name='Ledhed']For the sake of space, shrike has just condensed his posting blitz, and I've deleted the posts where they originally were.
[/quote]

Stretch those newly acquired mod muscles![/quote]

Deleting isn't as fun when it's harmless posts.

Still, it's pretty damn fun. :lol:

[quote name='Elrod']Jeebus! What a thread!

Craven: I will look for you on Weekends. I usually have some free time to play then.[/quote]

I've recently used a trick somebody mentioned in the controller sensitivity thread. Get the height of your target set with the right stick. Than leave that alone and only use it to make height corrections. Now to target your prey use your left stick to strafe back and forth until they are in your sights. It seems you can aim a lot more steady that way plus you have the added benefit of being a harder target for the opposition. I'm by no means an elite sniper but this little trick probably has made me twice as effective.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='Elrod']Jeebus! What a thread!

One big tip - keep moving don't stand still.[/quote]

My running skills are pretty f-n sweet. Its my dodging skills that could use some work. More specifically: I would like to know what makes you harder to hit as a target.

[quote name='Elrod'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='Elrod']Jeebus! What a thread!

One big tip - keep moving don't stand still.[/quote]

My running skills are pretty f-n sweet. Its my dodging skills that could use some work. More specifically: I would like to know what makes you harder to hit as a target.[/quote]

Quick unpredictable movements an occasional jump that kind of stuff as long as its mixed up works well. Think of what people do that makes it hard for you to hit them. Arikado is really good at this watch what he does the next time he beats you in a close encounter. I swear he is harder to tag than a Nun.

[quote name='jlarlee']I've recently used a trick somebody mentioned in the controller sensitivity thread. Get the height of your target set with the right stick. Than leave that alone and only use it to make height corrections. Now to target your prey use your left stick to strafe back and forth until they are in your sights. It seems you can aim a lot more steady that way plus you have the added benefit of being a harder target for the opposition. I'm by no means an elite sniper but this little trick probably has made me twice as effective.[/quote]

That's a damn good tip! Thanks man - I appreciate it!

Anyone have any others?

[quote name='Elrod']My running skills are pretty f-n sweet. Its my dodging skills that could use some work. More specifically: I would like to know what makes you harder to hit as a target.[/quote]

More than anything, make sure you're movements aren't predictable. NEVER stand still. NEVER run in a straight line (unless you're holding a flag/bomb/skull; if you're killed while strafing, it will be thrown in the direction you were moving at that time. Not good if you're on a narrow ledge).

As for hitting your target, be wary of auto-aim. I've often missed sureshots because there was a cluster of players and my auto-aim refocused on another player. Look for players standing still OR running in a straight, predictable line (see?).

Always be wary of the other sniper, if there is one. It's likely you are his main, and perhaps only, target. Sniper fights are often decided in less than a couple of seconds. Just stay aware of your surroundings, stay out of the open, and RELOCATE after every few kills.

[quote name='Ledhed']And thanks Trakan and UGamer, but please don't feel that you have to back me or any other staff decisions up. If people have a problem, I want them to tell me. Granted, I'd prefer it were through PM, but I still want people to speak up if there is a problem. Even if that problem is that I'm a big prick.[/quote]

I fully understand you can fend for yourself Led, but I have to admit I have a problem with him calling you a prick. I wanted to say that, and I'm done talking about it now.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed']And thanks Trakan and UGamer, but please don't feel that you have to back me or any other staff decisions up. If people have a problem, I want them to tell me. Granted, I'd prefer it were through PM, but I still want people to speak up if there is a problem. Even if that problem is that I'm a big prick.[/quote]

I fully understand you can fend for yourself Led, but I have to admit I have a problem with him calling you a prick. I wanted to say that, and I'm done talking about it now.[/quote]

No prob. I just don't want people to feel inhibited about expressing any problems they have.

And as long as people are courteous when expressing their thoughts, this type of thing shouldn't happen again.

Well i read MOST of the posts (we were at page 3 when i last checked like before practice) and -BigC- shut up, you arent in the clan anymore and get the hell over it. Good practice last night i guess. Rock sent me like 9 invites throughout the night and thats just a little much in my mind. I know it was because he sent clan-wide invites.

We played way too much Multi-Flag/CTF Wraiths on COAG last night. We did start to perfect the technique on Coag though (flag throwing on roof thing) We even played against Mr Jukes, creator of www.jukesbox.com

Anyways, ill be on in about 30 minutes if anyone wants to play

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed']And thanks Trakan and UGamer, but please don't feel that you have to back me or any other staff decisions up. If people have a problem, I want them to tell me. Granted, I'd prefer it were through PM, but I still want people to speak up if there is a problem. Even if that problem is that I'm a big prick.[/quote]

I fully understand you can fend for yourself Led, but I have to admit I have a problem with him calling you a prick. I wanted to say that, and I'm done talking about it now.[/quote]

No prob. I just don't want people to feel inhibited about expressing any problems they have.

And as long as people are courteous when expressing their thoughts, this type of thing shouldn't happen again.[/quote]

Or just not so prolific about the number of posts? Or just when we're talking about hubris? :rofl:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Elrod']My running skills are pretty f-n sweet. Its my dodging skills that could use some work. More specifically: I would like to know what makes you harder to hit as a target.[/quote]

More than anything, make sure you're movements aren't predictable. NEVER stand still. NEVER run in a straight line (unless you're holding a flag/bomb/skull; if you're killed while strafing, it will be thrown in the direction you were moving at that time. Not good if you're on a narrow ledge).

As for hitting your target, be wary of auto-aim. I've often missed sureshots because there was a cluster of players and my auto-aim refocused on another player. Look for players standing still OR running in a straight, predictable line (see?).

Always be wary of the other sniper, if there is one. It's likely you are his main, and perhaps only, target. Sniper fights are often decided in less than a couple of seconds. Just stay aware of your surroundings, stay out of the open, and RELOCATE after every few kills.[/quote]

Agreed. Your first goal as a sniper should be to take down the enemy sniper or an enemy with the rocket launcher. After that, it's open game on anyone else in your line of sight.

Relocating is VERY important. I always move when I snipe. It's important to be able to aim while running and strafing. Once you're comfortable with that, get used to being able to aim while jumping. It can save your ass in many situations.

Also, if you manage to hit someone close range and their shields are down, don't waste another sniper round. Chances are if you're still learning the ropes as a sniper, you'll likely panic and won't be able to land the final shot. Just pull out your secondary weapon and finish the job that way.

Don't stay zoomed in for long periods of time. Zoom out and check your radar and your surroundings. If you stay locked in one spot and zoomed in all the time, either their sniper is going to find you and gun you down, or you're going to be whacked in the back of the head.

I'd also just like to point out that everytime I get sniped by UGamer, I feel as if I've failed at life. It just pisses me off so freakin' much. :lol:

[quote name='Arikado']Also, if you manage to hit someone close range and their shields are down, don't waste another sniper round. Chances are if you're still learning the ropes as a sniper, you'll likely panic and won't be able to land the final shot. Just pull out your secondary weapon and finish the job that way.[/quote]

I felt like quitting Halo 2 altogether last night after your shotgun-range no-zoom snipe on Ascension.

I was thinking, "That's it. There it is. I'll never be that good. Why continue? That sonofabitch will just humiliate me." :lol:

Oh id just like to mention that im not gonna be on for the next 3 days. Ill be on tonight and then ill be gone for the next 3 days. I guarentee an appearance on Tuesdays practice though

[quote name='Arikado']I'd also just like to point out that everytime I get sniped by UGamer, I feel as if I've failed at life. It just pisses me off so freakin' much. :lol:[/quote]

I have the same feeling about you as well, Arikado. Which is why I'm happy that at least one of you is on the same side as me.

All those tips above were excellent. I'll have to try and put them to use.

Just played with some clan members for some lite-practicing. I have to say starman9000 is a great player for just starting. He gave me a hell of a hard time on some custom games we did.

[quote name='Trakan']murc, as funny as that is, you know it's going to start something. ;)[/quote]

Now, why would you think that, Trakan? :rofl:

Led what did you mean by someone will always hear what I say?Did I say something bad before you made your comments about me?

And you didnt do anything to my reputation other then give people who dont know about me a opinion about me.I just dont like jerks like yourself commenting badly about me especially when you were wrong on the subject

well that was dissapointing, i was playing with Cheapy, Goosedude, FlavaFlav2004, and Deadmeister and i lost my 14 in team slayer after losing 4 in a row :cry:

Im going to be coming on tomorrow ASAP probably around 12 PST pm because i need to buy a communicator ( i lost mine) so i have to go buy one tomorrow. Untill then! I will probably be doing Team Slayer without a headset. *sighs* lol

[quote name='murcielago77']Rock sent me like 9 invites throughout the night and thats just a little much in my mind. I know it was because he sent clan-wide invites.[/quote]

sorry to flood you man. i just sent them out to everyone after every round because new people kept on showing up.

Oh man, I thought my dad was going to get me an Xbox for my birthday, but I guess he decided to continue his tradtion of being a total deadbeat and never coming through with anything. I'll try to pool all my b-day money to buy an Xbox, Halo 2 off zew, and if I can't afford the XBL Starter Kit, I'll use the free trial for a couple months until I get more moolah. I want to play with you guys so bad, you don't even know.

I don't understand this.. played tonight, things went fine.. as the game progressed, my connection seemed to get slow and slower and it bottomed out at 1 red bar.. then came back up to 2, then 3.. I haven't had ANY problems at all regarding my internet.. fastest speeds ever this week actually, hitting 500kb/s.. I wonder why my XBox is doing this.

That was awesome though, every time I ran into Shrike, we'd end up killing each other.. him usually with a grenade, me with a shot/melee attack to the head.

How is "FlavaFlav2004" getting one shot kills with the shotgun? I'd be close range and shoot him in the chest/neck area three times and he'd still be alive, he'd shoot me once and I died.. wtf..

[quote name='Scorch']I don't understand this.. played tonight, things went fine.. as the game progressed, my connection seemed to get slow and slower and it bottomed out at 1 red bar.. then came back up to 2, then 3.. I haven't had ANY problems at all regarding my internet.. fastest speeds ever this week actually, hitting 500kb/s.. I wonder why my XBox is doing this.

That was awesome though, every time I ran into Shrike, we'd end up killing each other.. him usually with a grenade, me with a shot/melee attack to the head.

How is "FlavaFlav2004" getting one shot kills with the shotgun? I'd be close range and shoot him in the chest/neck area three times and he'd still be alive, he'd shoot me once and I died.. wtf..[/quote]

Nice Edit. ;)

Sometimes the connection is just shitty. It has happend to me before, and I just reset everything and normally it does the job. Sometimes the shotgun doesn't kill in one hit. You have to be extremely close. I know this from experience in shotgun matches with Arikado. :)

Try aiming for the chest/neck area

I know alot of people who had a problem getting 1 hit kills with shotgun

You dont gotta be all that close if you aim it right

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back