Official Hollywood Video/GameZone "5 dolla make you holla!" game trading thread

Ok, cause no one had luck finding Dead Space, I went to two stores near me and picked up their remaining stock.

I have for trade:
:ps3:Dead Space x2x1 (generic case + manual, good condition)
:360:Dead Space x1 (generic case only, fair condition)
:360:Grid (generic case only) *updated*
:360:Eternal Sonata (generic case only) *updated*

I'm looking for mostly cases of the games I didn't get with my HWV games, I'm willing to trade 2 sets of case+manuals for a copy of Dead Space, or something decent.

Priority wants:
:360:Assassins Creed (case+book)
:360:Ninja Gaiden II (book)
:wii:Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (case+book)
:wii:MySims (case+book)
:wii:MySims Kingdom (case+book)
:ps3:Socom Confrontation (case)
:ps2:Harry Potter GoF (case+book)

When I say case, it's an official case and the artwork, obviously. Book is the manual, I don't need any other papers that might have been included.

Those are my priorities. The other things I would like would be Atlus/NIS strategy guides. Don't have to be in great shape, as long as it doesn't have water stains.

Also open games of sealed games I have, disk is all I need, in any condition, can be greatest hits, don't need bonus disks, as long as it's playable, mainly God of War 2, Mana Khemia (psp or ps2), Ar Tonelico 1 and 2, which I have all sealed, but don't want to open. These are probably all too expensive to trade with Dead Space, save GoW2, so I doubt anyone would offer these.

Game wants:
Death Jr (any, but complete)
:ps2:First 3 Harry Potter games (complete)
:360:Bullet Witch
:ds:Advance Wars: Dual Strike (complete)
:ds:Dark Spire (complete)
:ds:Pokemon (any, complete)
:ds:Summon Night: Twin Age (complete)
:ps2:Dragoneer's Aria (complete)
:ps2:Steambot Chronicles (complete)
Enchanted Arms :)ps3::360:, complete)
:ps3:Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 (complete)
F.E.A.R. 2 (any, complete, can't find it at my target at all, much less for 12.xx)

PM or respond if interested. Priority goes to people who want to trade me the cases/manuals I need. Will go to one more store in a few hours to check for Grid and Dead Space when I go pick up my girlfriend from work (5 min drive from where she works). Not going across town though cause I already did twice this week, driving an extra 150 miles in two days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrBrianFields']If you see someone has a game listed you'd be willing to sell to them, please PM them. Otherwise, it's really rude to peddle your stuff in this thread. Unless you wanna offer it at the HWV prices, then please keep it in your own thread. This would be like us posting all of our stuff for sale in your sale thread.[/QUOTE]

I've listed games I got from Kmart for trade in my Sears clearance game thread post before. Does that make it wrong? Not in my eyes, since clearance is clearance is clearance.

But if someone is offering a game that's NOT part of the sale/clearance on their trade post(Little Big Planet for PS3, for example), then they should be able to ask whatever they want for it. Will they get it? Probably not, but it never hurts to ask.

I want the following games, if you would like to sell them please pm me

I will pay $10 each shipped

:360: Eternal Sonata
:360: Soul Calibur 4
:360: Tales of Vesperia

I will pay $8 each shipped

:360: Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company
:360: Dead or Alive 4
:360: Farcry 2
:360: The Simpsons
:360: Mirrors Edge
:360: Dirt

I also have Fable II sealed for trade

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I think you are missing the point here. Your Fable 2 in this thread is equal to Far Cry 2 because they both cost people $5 at HWV. So trading it for FC 2 and money is why he said something to you in the first place.[/QUOTE]

And you are missing a point as well. Probably what, a small portion of people probably scored good titles at their HWV? The rest were S.O.L. These games retail new for $30-40, meaning that's what practically every store is going to charge you for them.

I am trying to make a fair trade. That's like people who get pissed that someone is charging $30 for L4D when they just saw a thread saying L4D is on clearance at Target for $14.98. The chance of you actually scoring a copy for the low clearance/sale price is slim because of scavengers and hoarders, so yes..you ARE going to have to pay $30 to that person to get the game you want; and that's STILL fair considering that game goes new for $50.

Just because a small handfull of people got the game for $5 or whatever the hell price they get their games for doesn;t mean that from now on, that game is only worth $5...no, retail market prices still apply

[quote name='jcp42877']And you are missing a point as well. Probably what, a small portion of people probably scored good titles at their HWV? The rest were S.O.L. These games retail new for $30-40, meaning that's what practically every store is going to charge you for them.

I am trying to make a fair trade. That's like people who get pissed that someone is charging $30 for L4D when they just saw a thread saying L4D is on clearance at Target for $14.98. The chance of you actually scoring a copy for the low clearance/sale price is slim because of scavengers and hoarders, so yes..you ARE going to have to pay $30 to that person to get the game you want; and that's STILL fair considering that game goes new for $50.

Just because a small handfull of people got the game for $5 or whatever the hell price they get their games for doesn;t mean that from now on, that game is only worth $5...no, retail market prices still apply[/QUOTE]
Totally agree with you. I have offered to trade some people at discounted rates, but I'm not counting the value of what I paid for the item, I'm counting what the item is worth. If I paid $5 for it, and it's worth $20, I'll cut you a deal and maybe trade it for $15 or so in value, but don't expect to trade me a game that's only worth $5 for my $20 game just because i paid $5 for it.

[quote name='LucerinRed']Totally agree with you. I have offered to trade some people at discounted rates, but I'm not counting the value of what I paid for the item, I'm counting what the item is worth. If I paid $5 for it, and it's worth $20, I'll cut you a deal and maybe trade it for $15 or so in value, but don't expect to trade me a game that's only worth $5 for my $20 game just because i paid $5 for it.[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!

Now let's get some trades going!

[quote name='LucerinRed']Totally agree with you. I have offered to trade some people at discounted rates, but I'm not counting the value of what I paid for the item, I'm counting what the item is worth. If I paid $5 for it, and it's worth $20, I'll cut you a deal and maybe trade it for $15 or so in value, but don't expect to trade me a game that's only worth $5 for my $20 game just because i paid $5 for it.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've listed games I got from Kmart for trade in my Sears clearance game thread post before. Does that make it wrong? Not in my eyes, since clearance is clearance is clearance.

But if someone is offering a game that's NOT part of the sale/clearance on their trade post(Little Big Planet for PS3, for example), then they should be able to ask whatever they want for it. Will they get it? Probably not, but it never hurts to ask.[/QUOTE]

That's fine about listing other items for trade to get some items people may have scored, but if people are just going to post what they have for sale that didn't come from HWV it defeats the purpose of the thread.

To each his own, though. I don't want to derail this thread any more than it has been.

Perhaps the thread title should be changed to reflect people jacking up the prices of these games? If I had any HWVs close by that I could score some cheap games from, I wouldn't post them in a thread like this unless I was offering to trade/sell them for close to what I paid for them. If I were going to sell it for closer to retail, I'd keep it confined to my trade list or sell it on eBay/flip it elsewhere.

In my opinion, the games under ~$30 should be noted that it's only 4.99, this week only. If people want to sell their games for that much, they can, if not, then keep them, it's your choice.
Don't expect $30 for Fable 2 when it's 4.99 right now.
After this sale is over, then it'll go back to whatever it was originally, more or less I'm sure.

Remember guys, we're CAGers. We want to pay less than retail, ebay, amazon, so try to make deals and if you want to flip and be greedy, take it elsewhere. Just because you get it and another can't, doesn't mean you need to wave it in their face and ask more. That's not the point of this thread, or this website.

And no, I'm not pointing fingers, just my .2.

Want
:360:
Tales of Vesperia
C&C Red Alert 3
sonic unleashed
Other 360 games

Have
:360:
Battle Field Bad Company
GTA 4
DOA Xtreme 2
Mercs 2

:ps3:
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga
Ratchet & Clank
The Darkness

The sale was pretty much a bust in my area. Just like most of everyone else, if someone can get their hands on Fable 2 for the 360, I'll pay $10 total to have it sent to me.

[quote name='whisper22']The sale was pretty much a bust in my area. Just like most of everyone else, if someone can get their hands on Fable 2 for the 360, I'll pay $10 total to have it sent to me.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm not selling and just trading, cause $5 plus tax + envelope + shipping + delivery confirmation is going to run $9 =3

Have:

Xbox 360
Alone in the Dark
Call of Juarez
Dark Messiah Might & Magic Elements
Endwar
Fear Files
Soldier of Fortune Payback

PlayStation 3
GTV IV

Wii
Excite Truck

Want:

Xbox 360
Dead Space
GTV IV

I will pay for Golden Axe for 360 and Ratchet and Clank PS3 if anyone is willing to sell them (complete only). Or CML, I suppose. My only close Hollywood Video has a GameCrazy, so I'm doomed.

Looking for all these. COMPLETE ONLY!
If you have any and are willing to sell then PM me.

PS3:
Uncharted
Bioshock
Ratchet & Clank
Dead Space

360:
Dead Space
Bioshock (disc only on this is fine)
Tales of Vesperia
Fable II

It's looking like I need another copy of GTA IV PS3 in good, working condition. I don't have much from HV to trade but I do have a tradelist and would pay cash (maybe cost plus shipping). My copy that I bought from HV was scratched to hell and doesn't work.

[quote name='elessar123']Ok, cause no one had luck finding Dead Space, I went to two stores near me and picked up their remaining stock.

I have for trade:
:ps3:Dead Space x2 (generic case + manual, good condition)
:360:Dead Space x1 (generic case only, fair condition)

I'm looking for mostly cases of the games I didn't get with my HWV games, I'm willing to trade 2 sets of case+manuals for a copy of Dead Space, or something decent.

Want:
:360:Assassins Creed (case+book)
:360:Ninja Gaiden II (book)
:wii:Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (case+book)
:wii:MySims (case+book)
:wii:MySims Kingdom (case+book)
:ps3:Socom Confrontation (case)
:ps2:Harry Potter GoF (case+book)

When I say case, it's an official case and the artwork, obviously. Book is the manual, I don't need any other papers that might have been included.

Those are my priorities. The other things I would like would be Atlus/NIS strategy guides. Don't have to be in great shape, as long as it doesn't have water stains.

Also open games of sealed games I have, disk is all I need, in any condition, can be greatest hits, don't need bonus disks, as long as it's playable, mainly God of War 2, Mana Khemia (psp or ps2), Ar Tonelico 1 and 2, which I have all sealed, but don't want to open. These are probably all too expensive to trade with Dead Space, save GoW2, so I doubt anyone would offer these.

Did a count of games last night, and we have 262 unique titles not counting non-DS carts, so the chance of a game trade is pretty low for me. I do, however, want
Death Jr (any, but complete)
:ps2:First 3 Harry Potter games (complete)
:360:Bullet Witch
:ds:Advance Wars: Dual Strike (complete)
:ds:Dark Spire (complete)
:ds:Pokemon (any, complete)
:ds:Summon Night: Twin Age (complete)
:ps2:Dragoneer's Aria (complete)
:ps2:Steambot Chronicles (complete)
Enchanted Arms :)ps3::360:, complete)
:ps3:Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 (complete)
F.E.A.R. 2 (any, complete, can't find it at my target at all, much less for 12.xx)

PM or respond if interested. Priority goes to people who want to trade me the cases/manuals I need. Will go to one more store in a few hours to check for Grid and Dead Space when I go pick up my girlfriend from work (5 min drive from where she works). Not going across town though cause I already did twice this week, driving an extra 150 miles in two days.[/QUOTE]

I also have these multiplatform games on both systems which I was planning on keeping, but if someone makes a good enough offer (trades only), I might bite.

Have:
:360:Eternal Sonata (bought both versions from Gamestop, but the PS3 version has more content)
:360::ps3:Prince of Persia (360 one is sealed, obviously not from the sale, while the ps3 one is from the sale)
:ps3:GTA4 (playing the 360 one I had before the sale, ps3 one is from the sale)
:360::ps3:Bioshock (360 one from gamestop, ps3 one from sale)

I have an Amazon 20 dollar GC, ill give it to you for 3 games or maybe 2 depending on which game... PM me if interested, here are my wants:

:360: Prince of Persia
:360: Left 4 Dead
:360: Dead Space
:ps3: Uncharted
:360: Fear 2

I also have:

:360::ps3: Far Cry 2
:360::ps3: The Orange Box
:360: Alone in the Dark
:360: Rainbow six Vegas 2

To people with some feedback, sell me Dead Space on the 360! I will even check the HWV's around me if you don't want to sell and are looking for a specific game that I might be able to find. Just let me know.

Have (black cases):
Zack & Wiki no manual
Lego Batman complete

Want:
Resistance fall of man
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Oblivion (GOTY or Reg edition)

I have a sealed copy of SOCOM: Confrontation. I'm just wondering if anyone would trade that for their copies of Mirror's Edge and GTA IV, all for the PS3. PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='tagout']I'll trade my LBP (complete) for Star Wars Force Unleashed (PS3), BioShock (PS3) and Grid (PS3). PM me![/QUOTE]

Three for one btw. I'll take MGS4 aswell. I have UFC (PS3) for trade.

Scored a few good grabs for myself, and a handful to trade on CAG. :) Don't bother with the Philadelphia HWV. I cleaned it out.

Have:

:360:XBox 360
Conan *
Fracture *
The Godfather (just disc, plain DVD case, can print art for you!)
Rumble Roses XX
Saints Row (looks like a blockbuster case, has art and manual)

:wii:Wii
Wii Play

* Generic Case, has cover art. Godfather came with a single disc

Want:
Looking for anything else for the 360! :) Please PM me!

[quote name='elessar123']I also have these multiplatform games on both systems which I was planning on keeping, but if someone makes a good enough offer (trades only), I might bite.

Have:
:360:Eternal Sonata (bought both versions from Gamestop, but the PS3 version has more content)
:360::ps3:Prince of Persia (360 one is sealed, obviously not from the sale, while the ps3 one is from the sale)
:ps3:GTA4 (playing the 360 one I had before the sale, ps3 one is from the sale)
:360::ps3:Bioshock (360 one from gamestop, ps3 one from sale)[/QUOTE]

Went to two HWV after Gamestop sale and picked up :360:Grid and :360:Eternal Sonata, both without case/booklet. Can still get :ps3:Bioshock.

Have
Baja 360
Wii sports
Raiden III ps2
GTA IV ps3
Far Cry 2 360
Both in generic cases

Want
RE Umbrella Chronicles
COD4 ps3
Bioshock ps3

[quote name='kube00']Have
Golden Axe 360
Far Cry 360
Both in generic cases

Want
RE Umbrella Chronicles
CO4 ps3
Bioshock ps3[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they still have it, but if I get a chance I'll check my other local HWV tomorrow for Bioshock for PS3. It had the generic HWV cover to it though. If all else fails, I could probably get the other new copy from one of my local Sears stores, but that'd end up costing $20 or so shipped. But that game is well worth it.

As for the other games, I assume you mean Call Of Duty 4 for CO4, right? I had the damn game and I ended up trading it into Gamestop or FYE. I would've easily let it go for like $25 shipped too. :razz:

Does anyone have any copies of Farcry 2 or Mirror's Edge for PS3 they don't need? I will pay the $5 + shipping + a few dollars for your trouble. And you will be helping someone out :D. PM me if you do I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I guess for an easier look:

WANT:
Farcry 2 (PS3)
Mirror's Edge (PS3)

I have The Legend of Heroes III complete. Looking to trade it for Legend of Heroes OR Legend of Heroes II - complete.

Other PSP games considered.

Want:
MGS4
Star Wars The Force Unleashed (PS3)
Grid (PS3)
BioShock (PS3)

(Must be complete)

Have:
$20 PSN card for two games
$50 PSN card if anyone is lucky enough to get those four games

I can either mail or email you the code

So since a lot of these games are popping up in crappy HWV cases with generic art and spines, I started using Cover Galaxy (www.covergalaxy.com) to score some high rez scans of the covers.

Check it out. It's hard to get them to fit just perfect, but at least it makes the spines of the cases look good. And that's all that matters to me, that they look nice on the shelf all lined up. :)

[quote name='ericsmithrocks']So since a lot of these games are popping up in crappy HWV cases with generic art and spines, I started using Cover Galaxy (www.covergalaxy.com) to score some high rez scans of the covers.

Check it out. It's hard to get them to fit just perfect, but at least it makes the spines of the cases look good. And that's all that matters to me, that they look nice on the shelf all lined up. :)[/QUOTE]

Great site for covers.

We also have a trade thread for official cover-arts/manuals.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176892

Have:

Wii

Lego Batman (only has original box art, no case or manual, disc has some scratches)
SSX Blur (disc only)
Excite Truck (disc and manual only)

Far Cry 2 (disc only, minor scratches)
Virtua Fighter 5 online (only missing green 360 case, minor scratches)
Sonic Unleashed (only missing green 360 case, disc in good condition)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (disc only, minor scratches)
Viva Pinata Toruble in Paradise (disc only, minor scratches)

Want:

uhh...Paypal. just offer away, really.

Have:

:ps3: Dark Sector (complete)
:wii: Excite Trucks (game + manual)
:ps3: Lair (complete)
:360: Mirror's Edge (game + manual)
:360: Sonic Unleashed (complete)
:ps3: Star Wars: STFU (complete)
:ps3: Warhawk (complete)

Want:

:ps3: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (disc-only is okay)
CML

I'm looking for the following from the sale. I'd like complete (disc, case, manual) copies with minimal scratches:

:360: Grid
:360: Midnight Club: LA
:360: Call of Duty 4 (not sure if anyone was able to pick this up as part of the sale?)
:wii: RE: Umbrella Chronicles

I don't have anything left from the sale, but I do have the following to trade:

:360: Disney Sing It - game only (brand new, factory sealed)
:360: Project Sylpheed (brand new, factory sealed)
:wii: Geometry Wars (brand new, factory sealed)
:wii: Blastworks (brand new, factory sealed)
:ds: Soul Bubbles (brand new, factory sealed)
:ds: True Swing Golf (brand new, factory sealed)
:ds: Dig Dug: Digging Strike (mint, complete)
:ds: Mr. Driller Drill Spirits (mint, complete)
:ds: Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (mint, complete)
:ps2: DDR MAX 2 (very good, complete)

Have:
GTA IV PS3 and 360
Burnout Paradise Ps3
Sonic Dark Brotherhood DS
Star Wars TFU: 360
Uncharted PS3
Soul Calibur IV 360
Lego Batman PS3
Civ Revolutions PS3

Want:
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (either system)

have: Paypal

Want:
Afro Samurai
Baja: Edge of Control
Battlestations Pacific
Bioshock
Bolt
Broken Sword
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop
Dead Space
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2
Eat Lead
End War
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Gears of War
Hawx
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metal Gear Solid 4
Need for Speed Undercover
MLB 09
NHL 09
Saints Row 2
Civ Revolution
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur IV
Super Paper Mario
Tomb Raider Underworld
Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Someone has got to want my sealed copy of SOCOM: Confrontation. It's just sitting here unplayed and it's the only trade fodder I've got from this HV sale. I'll look through any list to get rid of this thing.

I don't have anything from the sale but here's what I got
Have:
All have original case and instructions, mint unless noted
XBOX 360
Moto GP 07
Gears of War 1-Platinum hits box- the new redesigned box
Gears of War 2- would need 2 games since this is not part of the 4.99 sale
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames- Sealed
Pure-Sealed
The Club
Prey
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Mass Effect- Has Some scratches but plays
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Battlefield: Bad Company
Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis
007 Quantum of Solace
Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Guitar Hero 2-Without Guitar
The Bourne Conspiracy-Sealed
BioShock
Project Gotham Racing 4

PS3

Devil May Cry 4
Grand theft auto 4
Stuntman Ignition-Sealed

Wii
House of the dead 2 + 3 return
No more heroes- sealed
Wii play

Want:
Dead Space-Xbox 360
Halo 3
Star Wars: STFU-Xbox 360
Mario Strikers Charged
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Super mario galaxy
Mario Kart wii??- i dont know if this was a part of the sale
Metal Gear Solid:the twin snakes
Uncharted PS3
Just pm me offers or CML for any other stuff you have, i might be interested in more :)

[quote name='steveovig']Someone has got to want my sealed copy of SOCOM: Confrontation. It's just sitting here unplayed and it's the only trade fodder I've got from this HV sale. I'll look through any list to get rid of this thing.[/QUOTE]

It's not the headset bundle, is it?

Have
Resistance 2 (complete mint)
Paypal $30 Credit card

want
Golden Axe Beast Rider(ps3 complete)
Ratchet & Clank (ps3 complete)
Bioshock (ps3 complete)

bread's done
Back