Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

[quote name='yukine']You hate me, that's it, right botticus?

You match me up with the best player of the CAG Strikers? :lol: Legendaryhedgehog is going to crush me.

Edit: Oh, and the vice/classroom are vanilla, there are no wonky field effects going on.[/quote]After all your help, I decided to shaft you. Ha!

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, your Luigi failed... hopefully by round 2, it'll be out of his system.[/QUOTE]
When your life is full of romance and your theme music gets you tons of ass, theres bound to be a few performance enchancing drugs in there.

How are people charging up the ball before a pass? Is it just holding the a button, like a charged shot is holding the b button?

[quote name='js1']daroga I want a rematch. Good game though! But thatbt far the worst game as far as lag goes! l I also had to walk away at the start of the second match because my wife was mad at me. I came back and had to try and stop your charged kick. I normally play at night after the kids are in bed any where from 10PM-2AM EST.[/quote]Yeah, it was a good game :) When you weren't moving I almost stopped myself, but then I saw you comeback. Sorry about thatl Twas not fair!

[quote name='snipegod']How are people charging up the ball before a pass? Is it just holding the a button, like a charged shot is holding the b button?[/quote]hold the b button like you're gonna shoot and then hit A to pass it.

[quote name='snipegod']How are people charging up the ball before a pass? Is it just holding the a button, like a charged shot is holding the b button?[/quote]
Yeah, the first online guy I played was doing that a lot, got into the white, and then scored on me. It was odd how his goalie seemed five times better than mine.

Friend code: 163315 979393 (J Buck) I'll be adding all of yours. I just got this a few hours ago and am really enjoying it. Seems to be much better than the gamecube version.

[quote name='botticus']Can anyone tell me if The Vice or The Classroom have any goofy special effects, that should make them excluded from the tournament?
[/QUOTE]

Isn't Galactic Stadium sorta effect driven? I mean, the whole dam field tilts in a direction so it's harder to get the ball....

WEST
Misterhand (Groucho) vs. V Man (V Man)
shadowhawk22 (Suman) vs. snipegod (DannyBoy)

ep2011 (Eric) - BYE

CouRageous (Johnathan) - BYE

Hey Misterhand (groucho), lemme know when you're ready... I'm good to go for our Tourney match....

Ugh... I would be in the same bracket as Courageous(Johnathan)..... Dam your romantic Captain and your Toads!
Nothing's sexier than Waluigi's crotch point and ho-down music....

I thought this wasn't going to be single elimnation..or wait it isnt? Theres never anyone on when I want to play.

Stayed up way too late tonight beating Crystal Cup. Took me 8 attempts, but the final time through, I swept the cup and only had difficulty with the quarterfinals (Mario was being cheap on Thunder Island, knocking off 2-3 players off the stage at a time).

In the finals, for some reason, Diddy never got his Red Card until the second match, with 8 seconds to go and didn't mega-strike me - I was incredibly lucky.

I'm praying I have the patience to go through and beat Striker. From some of the faqs I've read, I imagine it could take a me month or longer.

For the next tourney, I'm definitely in - the Crystal Cup attempts (along with those challenges) made me a better player online for sure.

Sigh I was playing the fucking 2nd cup today made it to the finals lossless then they got to the bullshit. Randomly eliminating mario till someone scores while diddy is there super fast throwing shots right and left. Then on the final game he got 2 bombs back to back then shells then his powerup while I got crap until mario was removed from the field when I got a star. Seriously this is worse than mariokart because atleast the guy behind gets a blue shell, I get a crap the whole match and he gets everything and scores like crazy.

[quote name='snipegod']Good games, Legendaryhedgehog06.

You're definitely tough.[/QUOTE]
Thanks d00d. You aren't half bad yourself. We had some close matches and hey you even beat me.

For the tournament matches, are any captians or side kicks excluded? I believe that for as cheap as some of them can be there's always a counter for them, so it's not impossible, but just wondered if we had any rules setup for that.

Why are the wifi matches suddenly reset? All my friends have 0 wins and 0 losses and I have 0 win and 1 loss. Oh and listen to this. I was creaming this guy, but I lost the first match, then It was 4 0, and he disconnected! I DIDNT GET ANY POINTS FOR IT!

[quote name='ep2011']Why are the wifi matches suddenly reset? All my friends have 0 wins and 0 losses and I have 0 win and 1 loss. Oh and listen to this. I was creaming this guy, but I lost the first match, then It was 4 0, and he disconnected! I DIDNT GET ANY POINTS FOR IT![/quote]The "seasons" reset every week. Your master record still shows when you log in. To check the season time remaining, look up top of the main WiFi screen when you log in.

[quote name='daroga']For the tournament matches, are any captians or side kicks excluded? I believe that for as cheap as some of them can be there's always a counter for them, so it's not impossible, but just wondered if we had any rules setup for that.[/quote]If anyone has any strong objections to a captain/sidekick, we can look into it, but I don't think any of them are game-breaking (though I hate Waluigi's juke with a passion).

[quote name='daroga']The "seasons" reset every week. Your master record still shows when you log in. To check the season time remaining, look up top of the main WiFi screen when you log in.[/quote]

Oh..

That still sucks that now my season ranking SUCKS and it would of been awesome if that person didn't disconnect!

[quote name='botticus']If anyone has any strong objections to a captain/sidekick, we can look into it, but I don't think any of them are game-breaking (though I hate Waluigi's juke with a passion).[/quote]

I think those hammer dudes in excess. Some people over use its power.

yeah, but the hammers can be countered.

I don't think any of the charachters should be banned.
(and no, im not in the tournament, but i plan to be in the next one)

[quote name='ep2011']Oh..

That still sucks that now my season ranking SUCKS and it would of been awesome if that person didn't disconnect![/quote]

If that guy connected mid-game, you should have been credited for a win (at least I think you should have). Sometimes it takes a while for your stats to update.

I was playing last week and pulled off a Mega Shot on a some guy in the first match. I scored around 3 goals and he immediately disconnected. I received 10 + 3 points after the disconnect.

Strikers was defeated only by Pokemon in WFC connections last week:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177733

1. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 2,812,840 connections*
2. [WII] Mario Strikers Charged Football - 520,626 connections

Two weeks ago:

1. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 2,349,165 connections*
7. [WII] Mario Strikers Charged Football - 135,008 connections

[quote name='daroga']For the tournament matches, are any captians or side kicks excluded? I believe that for as cheap as some of them can be there's always a counter for them, so it's not impossible, but just wondered if we had any rules setup for that.[/QUOTE]
Everything has a counter really. I think all skill shots can be considered cheap vs actual fielding skills of plain ol' pass/shoot/good luck! It's possible to play Classic mode, no one has any skill shots except for the Captain I believe.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Everything has a counter really. I think all skill shots can be considered cheap vs actual fielding skills of plain ol' pass/shoot/good luck! It's possible to play Classic mode, no one has any skill shots except for the Captain I believe.[/quote]

If you're going to get rid of power shots due to their cheapness, I would think you would want to remove the dekes as well. I think the deke shots are cheaper because they don't require time to charge, which at least gives the player on defense a chance.

The goal isn't really to eliminate what makes Strikers Charged Strikers Charged for the tournament, it's just to get rid of the randomness that could skew the results. Skill shots, dekes, all that are part of a 4-on-4 game. It's things like Crystal Canyon taking out two random people from each team that would throw off an otherwise level playing field.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Everything has a counter really. I think all skill shots can be considered cheap vs actual fielding skills of plain ol' pass/shoot/good luck! It's possible to play Classic mode, no one has any skill shots except for the Captain I believe.[/quote]

We're getting into competitive Super Smash Brothers territory here....

...a scary place to be. ;)

You can play Classic Mode online?

buttle (jeffrie) vs. botticus (botticus)

botticus, i know we're in the second round. but i've got most of the afternoon off if you're available.

Maybe we can start doing variations on the basic game for other tournaments, like Classic Mode tournament, or an uninterrupted mega strike tournament. :lol:

Yeah, I really don't think any characters should be banned either. Just because I suck at guarding someone doesn't mean we shouldn't play.

Really, everything "cheap" in the game still requires skill. You've gotta time those Hammer Bros. dekes perfectly to not get clobbered (which I can't do at all, I usually don't even have a hammer bro. on my team). It's similar to snaking in Mario Kart that it's not like someone just holds down a turbo buttona nd goes fast, you have to keep it going.

The difference is, once a snaker really gets out in front, there's little-to-nothing you can do. You can always take the ball away from the deke spammers.

I merely asked the question to make sure I didn't miss anything. We're free to use whatever captain we want for each step of the tournie, right?

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, I really don't think any characters should be banned either. Just because I suck at guarding someone doesn't mean we shouldn't play.

Really, everything "cheap" in the game still requires skill. You've gotta time those Hammer Bros. dekes perfectly to not get clobbered (which I can't do at all, I usually don't even have a hammer bro. on my team). It's similar to snaking in Mario Kart that it's not like someone just holds down a turbo buttona nd goes fast, you have to keep it going.

The difference is, once a snaker really gets out in front, there's little-to-nothing you can do. You can always take the ball away from the deke spammers.

I merely asked the question to make sure I didn't miss anything. We're free to use whatever captain we want for each step of the tournie, right?[/quote]Personally, I'd like you to stick with the same team you at the beginning (as happens in the Cup), but if someone really wants to change teams for every match for some reason, I don't really have any interest in policing that.

[quote name='botticus']Personally, I'd like you to stick with the same team you at the beginning (as happens in the Cup), but if someone really wants to change teams for every match for some reason, I don't really have any interest in policing that.[/QUOTE]

Do you think each tourney player should call out the team he plans on using? I mean, it would help the less skilled players in building strategies on how to defend.....

[quote name='V Man']Do you think each tourney player should call out the team he plans on using? I mean, it would help the less skilled players in building strategies on how to defend.....[/quote]Actually that reminds me that we can't enforce same teams across the tournament since there are more people than captains - not to mention two people can't be the same captain in the same game should they meet later. I think in future tournaments we'll see how we can deal with that. Maybe everyone calls a captain each round or maybe just for the final 8 or 4.

I got the game but I'm not too impressed so far. I hate that the Mega shots take so long (even if you don't get it perfect or close you still have to watch the cutscene). Anyway my FC is

433898 988424

LMK if you add me so I can put you on my list as well.

[quote name='Staind204']I got the game but I'm not too impressed so far. I hate that the Mega shots take so long (even if you don't get it perfect or close you still have to watch the cutscene). Anyway my FC is

433898 988424

LMK if you add me so I can put you on my list as well.[/quote]

The cut scene is too long? You have an incredibly short attention span, buddy. :lol:

[quote name='tacklebox']Is it just me or does it seem that nobody uses Daisy?

o_o[/QUOTE]

I use Daisy a lot. This ain't American Foosball, you know.

And, Staind204, I added you to my friendlist. My friendcode is in the OP.

[quote name='tacklebox']Is it just me or does it seem that nobody uses Daisy?

o_o[/quote]

I've sometimes used Daisy when others pick Waluigi before me because she has comparable speed and a nice special move.

[quote name='yukine']The cut scene is too long? You have an incredibly short attention span, buddy. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think its just because I was playing the Fire Cup against the computer. I was beating them by like 10-15 each time so I had to watch the scene so much. I just played a series of 3 online and only saw 3 mega shots in the 3 games (2 by me and 1 by him). I won 6-3 first game. Lost 3-0 second game. Then in the third game I scored with Hammer Bro with 8 sec left to win 2-1. I can see why you guys like playing online so much. Not a bit of lag either!

[quote name='tacklebox']Staind, what's your name online? Think that might've been you that beat me with hammer bros, hah[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure my name on there but I was using Luigi. Were u Waluigi?

I'll be using the same team the entire tournament. Please dont plan against me:

Hammer Bros, Birdo, Dry Bones, Waluigi

i think my biggest annoyance in the game has to be the replays. i wish that both players could cut off the replays. i really like watching the replays sometimes, but if the other player doesn't want to watch them, i shouldn't make them.

and since the system is what it is, i wish people would just skip the replays. am i the only one?

bread's done
Back