Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

I'll play, if someone buys it for me. I played it when it came out and really enjoyed it, but not enough to pay more than $10-$15 for it. A friend bought it on release day and I'm pretty sure he still hasn't played it yet. He won't get rid of it though.

[quote name='jman619']How is the game? I'm thinking about getting it.[/quote]

IMO it was a really good game but I mainly got it for the online play and that's what made me stop playing the game. Online everyone spams the exact same goal winning move 99.9% of the time. Eventually it started happening with friends online and offline! Just made the game kind of boring and pointless to me. Then Brawl came along and I got my online fix.

If you liked the GC version you'll like the Wii version. But just my 2 cents.

And nice DH logo :lol:

Yeah the online is kind of annoying. When you play against random people they are either REALLY good.. or really cheap :bomb:

Even when you play the offline mode..the CPU at harder levels gets really hard AND cheap..:headache:
Maybe I'll play this again sometime this summer..It IS a good game overall.

[quote name='jman619']How is the game? I'm thinking about getting it.[/quote]

IMO it was a really good game but I mainly got it for the online play and that's what made me stop playing the game. Online everyone spams the exact same goal winning move 99.9% of the time. Eventually it started happening with friends online and offline! Just made the game kind of boring and pointless to me. Then Brawl came along and I got my online fix.

If you liked the GC version you'll like the Wii version. But just my 2 cents.

And nice DH logo :lol:

Yeah the online is kind of annoying. When you play against random people they are either REALLY good.. or really cheap :bomb:

Even when you play the offline mode..the CPU at harder levels gets really hard AND cheap..:headache:
Maybe I'll play this again sometime this summer..It IS a good game overall.

So how about a resurrection now?

I figure those who play Smash and have Strikers could be brought together into a collective Smash/Striker online multi-player union of homo eroticism, or something.

So far I think I have 2 CAGs that are interested, excluding myself.

I just thought this was coincidentally timed (showed up on GoNintendo right when Yukine replied) and entirely appropriate:

9c487229aa893bc430619fa762071749.gif

Sure. I need to go back and re-learn how to play but that's no big deal. Just hearing Luigi's themes is good 'nuff for me.

I'd be up for another tourney or at least a regular scheduled match night each week. I haven't played this since August '07, after beating Petey in the Striker Cup, but I'd be all for playing other CAG's on this.

Glad to see some interest.

I was thinking we could handle this like we do with Smash Bros. In that if you're in the mood to play then you post in the thread and various people can then jump on to play, rather than setting a time and day since that usually does not end up working.

Please post your friend code... even if it's in the OP, that way I can compile a list of those who plan to play again, then PM that list to those players so we can all add each other.

A tournament would be nice, but I have no experience in that and we first need a decent amount of people playing. We also need to get comfortable playing again!

Secret of Mana came out. And also Cubello. And World of Goo.

It's like you asked me to go outside to play basketball, and as we were walking to the court, a truck pulled up with naked chicks holding steaks and powdered donuts.

And you were all like "Alright sweet the court is open!" And then you realized I was no longer beside you. I was with bitches.

[quote name='yukine']This thing failed before it begun. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, yukine, I didn't see your earlier post. I enjoyed MSC when I last played it last summer and don't want your effort to die, so here's my FC:

wjhard63 (wjhard) - 017286 705150

Anyone care for a match later this week or weekend, specifically later in the evenings (11 PM or later EST)?

[quote name='wjhard63']Sorry, yukine, I didn't see your earlier post. I enjoyed MSC when I last played it last summer and don't want your effort to die, so here's my FC:

wjhard63 (wjhard) - 017286 705150

Anyone care for a match later this week or weekend, specifically later in the evenings (11 PM or later EST)?[/quote]

I could play you on this friday near 11pm est.

Edit #1: I will probably lose badly since I don't play strikers online before.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hero101']I could play you on this friday near 11pm est.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I'll PM you Fri. evening to see if we're both still good for that time and if we play, we can post the results and hopefully generate some interest to get some other CAG's to start playing this online again.

[quote name='yukine']My FC is in the OP.

I'd love to play but I'm busy studying tonight. :[[/quote]

Studying? I thought that you're playing mother 3.

[quote name='hero101']I lost. I lost. That was my first online game with strikers. I doesn't seem funny when I lost to megastrike goals. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Hero, you did very well, I just was able to get lucky with the Wall-luigi and get the timing down for the mega strikes.

I noticed you didn't use your sidekick skill shots a lot. If you don't mind me saying, you should use them more, as they were a couple of times I know you would've scored as you deked well with Hammer Bros. & Monty Mole and knocked my players down, so you were open for the skill shot.

Just a quick re-cap for other on-lookers interested in starting online matches here again.

wjhard63 vs. Hero101: Crystal Canyon, Waluigi (wjhard63) d. Luigi (Hero101) 2-0
wjhard63 vs. Hero101: Crystal Canyon, Waluigi (wjhard63) d. Luigi (Hero101) 2-1

wjhard63 vs. Hero101: The Vice, Waluigi (wjhard63) d. Yoshi (Hero101) 2-0
wjhard63 vs. Hero101: The Vice, Waluigi (wjhard63) d. Yoshi (Hero101) 4-0

It was fun playing you - we should definitely play again.

Crystal Canyon was kinda of weird. You lose your teammate and I only had one sidekick like a majority of the match.

GGs, I wished I had more scores. I will play later when I return to full strength.

Edit #1: Sidekicks charge shots couldn't be done since you were beside my arse a lot.

bread's done
Back