Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

Finally broke the top 1000 for this season. I'm at 804 to be exact. wonder how much it takes to get in the top 100. :whistle2:k

I need to devote a day to doing nothing but playing this game. I could get Striker of the day... then probably never play it again. :lol:

man. very tough match Legendaryhedgehog06. i needed more time to rethink my plan to get the ball back on my half. well done.

Took rank 640, and I'm getting close to surpassing Si in points. I gotta play him something, although I'm sure I'll be beat. Looks like we have the same amount of wins, but I have 5 more losses than he does. Hmm. :whistle2:k

Good games d00d. Um lol I don't wanna sound like a douhe or anything but I had some major controller problems game 1. Down on my nunchk was stucj as neutral so it screwed up my game big time. I'm not a possy little bitch or nothing so had I lost game 2 fair's fair. Luckily I got it back to normal for game 2.

Legendaryhedgehog06 vs buttle Semi Final Match

Game 1 3-2 Winner buttle
Game 2 6-2 Winner Legendaryhedgehog06
Game 3 6-2 Winner Legendaryhedgehog06

GO ME! FINALS BAY-UH-BAY!!! OOH YEEEEEE-AAYYYYYYYY-UUHHHHH!!

*ahem*

Metroid Prime 3 is the only reason why I'm not higher in the ranks. Normally I have around 100 games down by the end of the week. God that game kicks ass.

lets get another tourny up! i am hot hot hot in Strikers! i beat several ppl with a record over .500 in a row. and its not like 4-2 but like 50-12.

Wow, what happened??

I had an awesome season last week online. I actually boosted my overall record of the 100s of games into the over 500 mark and had it over 500 for the season as well. Then, I start school, play some Metroid Prime, then last night I played for a bit and lost 6 games in a row. Most by 1 point, but yikes!

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']One of the easiest ways to charge the ball is to charge up a shot, deke, charge up again, within 3-4 charges the ball should be white.[/QUOTE]

Dam that's how you do it. I noticed you could charge the ball really quick w/o passing.

semi-final Bardiya VS DannyBoy

1st game 3-0 DannyBoy
2nd game 3-2 OT Bardiya
3rd game 3-2 Bardiya

Good game, that was the most intense series i've had!

[quote name='yukine']Kick Legendaryhedgehog's ass, bardiya![/QUOTE]

I certainly wish Bardiya all the luck in the world, but I'll place a wager in whatever amount the taker likes that Si wins.

Yeah bardiya, kick my ass!

This tourney started on the 1st week pretty much that this game came out. With al the time that has passed since and with all the other players now I think I'll be destroyed in any future tournaments. For this one...I have a quiet confidence, not to doubt bardiya's abilities or anything.

haha, i've never played you Si. But your pretty much undefeated on this board.

Prior to when Metroid came out, our records were pretty similar and I thought I would have a chance.

But I just checked your record right now 30-2! =O that's insane!

Tomorrow (Wednesday) 9PM pacific time?

I have a busy schedule 2morrow but I'll let you know if I can't make that time.

That sounds good d00d. I'll see you tonight with some luck.

Metroid has just consumed my week but since I finished I came back to Strikers yesterday. I played no. 8 what a joke. Another lob spammer. I kicked his ass but man my defense needs work.

good game si. Did you have lag too? 'Cuz it was killing it for me. We got a 3 star connection also.

3-2, 3-1. Si is your champion. Congrats

I hope we meet again in the next tournament cuz I want a chance for a revenge.

I can't beleive I blew that first game, I tried to secure it by going up by 2, but man 2 goals within 20 secs of each other!!

That second game was just shit.

Yeah...the lag really cheapened the victory to be honest, I really wanted to play you in like perfect conditions. You ever want a rematch just say the word. Good games man, your defense is fantastic. That first game holy crap was I shitting it lol, right down to sudden death and Mario got lucky.

So what do I win? Diamonds? Rubies? Some kind of phangasmagorical three headed monkfish with OCD? C'mon throw me a bone here!

Anyone handy with Photoshop or something who would be willing to add some kind of little tag lin to my sig or something I would very much appreciate.

Otherwise I'll just boring ol' plain ol' stupid ol' words. DAMN YOU LANGUAGE!

you still deserve it, cuz the lag was going both ways.

and you play this game like it's actual soccer, and not hockey! Everyone else I play, including myself, is just low passes and lobs. But you actually manage to walk around the field with your characters, juking past people. Damn
Koopa! Without being cheap too, no goalie-jumping, hammer spamming, or birdo spamming.

Ahhh...I kinda have an unfair advantage. I am British, born in Northern Ireland. Football (Soccer) is pretty much the only dominant sport there so over the years I've played many many Soccer games and videogames so that may or may not give me an edge.

Koopa is so so overpowered. Balanced stats with an insane deke and a fast-charging-all-debilitating signature strike make him a must have. Koopa and Shy Guy can have the ball white in not time at all if you charge-deke.

I think the best player in the game right now is like number 4 on the season ranks...anna or something. The person has like 160 pr more wins and only 15 losses. Everybody else include the top guy have loads of losses they just play lots of games.

Yea I was born in France, so soccer has been in my life all the time. What's your favorite soccer game? Mine's Internal Superstar Soccer 64 for N64, good times!

I've played top ranked players in the season multiple times, and they were all either goalie-jumping and hammer spamming. A few birdo spammers too. Usually once you get to beat those spammers, they DC' on you.

The rate of disconnectors went up to! Last season I had 14 points and ZERO wins and ZERO losses. Funny.

It's funny because one of the reasons I stopped playing this game was my loss in friendly play to Bardiya way back when. I didn't lose THAT badly, but I figured if everyone is as good as him there's no point playing online any more. I guess that was a bad sample, though, as he was nearly the champ of this thing. Maybe I'll give it a shot again soon, though Metroid has way dominated my Wii time recently. I really can't see playing Strikers online only to lose and offline only to lose to Diddy yet fucking again when I can actually make progress in Metroid ;).

Congratulations to Legendaryhedgehog!

If I can find the stash of random gaming paraphenelia I had lying around, I'll send you the little Naruto keychain I got from EB as the spoils of war. But I have no Photoshop skills in the meantime. :whistle2:(

S.T.F.U. You have got to be kidding me. International Superstar Soccer 64 was only the greatest soccer game of all time!! Double tapping the Down-C button to make players do tricks with the ball, winning matches 57-0 because the goalie AI sucked so bad...man those were the days! Brought back some great memories with that one man, good call! Nintendo...whip out that note pad in Shigsy's front pocket and take note...a certain game...for a certain VC...you know...

The worst kind has to be the Boo spammers. I admit that you need to have some great timing to be as good as this one guy was but god it just got so old and all I really had to do was keep a guy back to slam any of his 3 (*sigh* 3...) Boo's who got the ball anywhere near Goal.

Its very sad because in th beginning when the game first launched no one really disconnected. Now, 15 seconds into a match, I broke away and launched a Megastrike and the guy DC'd. Bastards.

Edit: Botticus I was just kidding man, you don't gots to do nothing, nor does anyone. This tournament was a lot of fun and the creamy CAG goodness that has been added to this game for me is reward enough in itself. Thank you though, I do appreciate the offer.

If there's interest in another tournament, whoever volunteers to run it should probably take this opportunity to make a new general Strikers thread, or at least a new tournament-specific thread, leaving this one for general chat.

Good idea ^^^

Now I should probably finish the single player game. I've barely touched it really lol. I think I'm halfway through the Striker cup undefeated. The AI is so unbalanced. If it wasn't for online I'd probably have traded this weeks ago.

same here, got my ass handed to me by luigi in the match right before the one against Petey. ugh.

man I hate the boo spammers, but for some reason they can't spam it against me. My goalie somehow always stops them. They are annoying though. I personally think the game is very balanced, because for every tactic there is a way to counter it.

I've pretty much given up hope of ever beating the single player. It's so random and so poorly designed. At the very least, if you make it to the elimination round and lose, you should be able to restart from the start of the round when it's over, and the same for the final best of 3. But no, an hour and a 1/2 of playing can come to a pointless end when hitting the random, infuriating AI.

Just makes me mad that such a great game otherwise has such a huge, glaring flaw. So much so that without online play, the game wouldn't be worth having.

I beat single player recently. The comp was pretty tough but nothing too drastic. I lost one match to Wario and that was it really.

And when I said I was from the UK I mean I lived there until 2 years ago, now I live in New York USA.

I just completely suck at this game. I thought a Mario sports game would be a fun, easy pick up and play experience, but I've found it far more infuriating than Madden. I'm only on the second round of the single player mode and I feel like I'm getting cheesed by the AI. Was holding onto a 0-0 tie trying to get it into Sudden Death against Bowser when items go off all over the screen clearing my guys and he gets off a Super Strike, beating my goalie with 0.4 seconds left on the clock. Then there's those damn Koopas and Boos on the other teams teleporting past my goalie and defenders. Ugh...I suck.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I just completely suck at this game. I thought a Mario sports game would be a fun, easy pick up and play experience, but I've found it far more infuriating than Madden. I'm only on the second round of the single player mode and I feel like I'm getting cheesed by the AI. Was holding onto a 0-0 tie trying to get it into Sudden Death against Bowser when items go off all over the screen clearing my guys and he gets off a Super Strike, beating my goalie with 0.4 seconds left on the clock. Then there's those damn Koopas and Boos on the other teams teleporting past my goalie and defenders. Ugh...I suck.[/quote]I think everyone sucks at the single player tournament. If you want easy pick up and play, I think the single match play is the way to go.

As hard and cheap as you may think some of the single player AI must be, its sometimes alot worse on multiplayer. Computer AI's will only deke goal if by chance they are set up in that area, and it goes in for a sure shot.
Some people online would just have a team of 3x db or 3x boos and constantly only deke their way to victory.

Although technically its not really cheap, its just annoying that they keep doing the same thing over and over again.

[quote name='botticus']I think everyone sucks at the single player tournament. If you want easy pick up and play, I think the single match play is the way to go.[/quote]I thought you guys were at least having some success in the second cup. It's a shame though, if the game really is badly unbalanced that the single player championship experience is nearly unplayable.

i feel bad. i put the game up on ebay. i really liked it but i couldn't get my friends into it. and playing online was cool, but there just wasn't a big enough incentive to play more. i'm sure i would have played this game more along the line but i wanted to sell it while i could still get 35 bucks for it.

[quote name='js1']Anyone really play anymore?[/QUOTE]
I only like playing with someone co-op online now. I'm leaning on keeping it just for the multiplayer value, but the trade in value is pretty good so I might just chuck it for now.

I played the game nonstop for a week trying to get in the top 100 (only got to 200-something, but realized that it's based on playtime and not skill since some people near my rank were like 30-170), and haven't played since. In the end, I was satisfied since I realize I'm decent enough at the game to get such a high rank and still have better than a 2:1 win ratio. I'd sell it, but then I'd really have nothing to play on the Wii.

We should do another tourney.

The ranking system is totally broken. But i already got my kicks from being able to beat a handful of high rankers with alot of wins while my win record is still in the teens.

bread's done
Back