Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

Sometimes it helps to restart at firecup if you think you got a better dominating team. I beat firecup with yoshi and struggled through crystal cup and lost at Diddy. Then I switched up to the team i use present day, and i beat crystal cup with just 1 loss.

Strikers cup though is a different story.

[quote name='buttle']tournament results-
buttle over lebowsky in 2 games. i can't remember the scores.

very good matches. there was one moment when you were knocking down everybody on screen with birdo. that last half of the second game was a lot of fun. no one was on their feet for long.[/quote]

The scores were too tragic to post - thanks for sparing me ;)

You are really good at stealing lob passes. I have no idea how to do it and you repeatedly stole my fully charged ball and then blasted it into my goal. The second game I had to keep the ball on the ground and I took a little less of a pounding - although not much less.

Good games.

I echo all of the previous statements that the single player cup experience is essentially broken. I really don't have too much of a problem with having to replay the entire cup over when you lose, but having to start all the way at the first cup when you want to change your team's lineup is bullshit.

Once you beat the Fire Cup, it should be an OPTION to go back and play through it again. If I want to change my team's lineup (which is pretty awful at the moment) after losing the Crystal Cup for the 10th time, I should be able to do that and still start at the Crystal Cup again.

I really enjoy the online play, but I am seriously thinking about trading it in towards MP3 next week.

[quote name='lebowsky']The scores were too tragic to post - thanks for sparing me ;)

You are really good at stealing lob passes. I have no idea how to do it and you repeatedly stole my fully charged ball and then blasted it into my goal. The second game I had to keep the ball on the ground and I took a little less of a pounding - although not much less.

Good games.

I echo all of the previous statements that the single player cup experience is essentially broken. I really don't have too much of a problem with having to replay the entire cup over when you lose, but having to start all the way at the first cup when you want to change your team's lineup is bullshit.

Once you beat the Fire Cup, it should be an OPTION to go back and play through it again. If I want to change my team's lineup (which is pretty awful at the moment) after losing the Crystal Cup for the 10th time, I should be able to do that and still start at the Crystal Cup again.

I really enjoy the online play, but I am seriously thinking about trading it in towards MP3 next week.[/QUOTE]

yea, you don't put too much thought into what your original team should be. i am very tempted to switch characters and then start over, but man i'm so close. and as for stealing the ball. i've heard that a lot of people hold Z and tap A. (after you've got yourself in a good position.) but since A is also the button to switch players, i find this too confusing. so i just tap B. this clears the ball instead of passing the ball. but i think that's alright.

[quote name='snipegod']In the quarterfinal match of snipegod (DannyBoy) vs. ep2011 (Eric), I won 2-0. The breakdown was (6-1, 2-0).[/quote]

Good Game. You did great.

[quote name='daroga']Actually, io, I'm assuming that the data copied is the single-player stuff adn you lose the multiplayer stats (thus the file cannot be hacked to give you like 1000 to 1 win/loss ratio). I've not tried it myself, but you can download saved games from wiisave.com which makes me assume that getting you through the horribly designed single-player is something you can save-spoof.

http://www.wiisave.com/index.php?cid=111 Just make sure to not get the PAL versions ;)[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I hadn't thought of the multiplayer stats. I suppose downloading a save wipes your friend list then too?

I figured the downloaded saves would have unlocked items (which you get from all the cups, etc). I thought maybe the SD card copy only had that stuff on it and not cup progress. At this point I don't care about my multiplayer stats, so maybe I could give it a shot. I'd like to beat Diddy and I think I can do it, but I just don't want to have to play the damn qualifiers every time.

Like I mentioned before with mine. At any time in which you delete your save, your online record AND your entire friendlist for MSC is deleted and you have to readd everyone. You are also given a new FC for other people. Once you delete the save from the data manager(weither its to copy over a complete save or start over again) and you connect online, you are treated as a completely new person.

[quote name='trip1eX']trip1ex 2-0 over seanr1221 (2-1 and 4-1)

We were a bit laggy, but good games.[/QUOTE]

An interesting situation arises since you were forfeited, then the match was played, and you won.

I wonder how Sean feels about the lag. :lol:

Edit: I would also like to declare my intention to add everyone who recently posted their friendcode (so go ahead and add me, please -- my code is in the OP), but it appears the OP list recently stopped having the added on date. I'll look through the last few pages and pick you guys up ... after groceries.

i finally beat the striker cup. how exhasting. i'm far too tired to go look at the stadium i unlocked. it's funny, they challenged me to go through it with another character. that will not happen. and i would have prefered to have switched teams every now and then between between cups.

i checked my trophies and it looks like i need to go back and get the golden foot (or whatever) in the christal cup. but that shouldn't be too hard. i'm looking forward to have this game complete.

and i have to tell the story of the elimination mode. i got early leads in the first two games and hugged the goalie. this method is still risky. things can still go wrong. in the final game i had to make hit two super strikes to get enough goals to beat wario. and then petey. the first game i got an early lead and hugged the goaly. he stole it once and scored, but i still kept the lead. the second game he got a big lead and i couldn't make anything happen. the final game i got the lead 3-1 but hugging the goaly was failing miserably. petey got two goals on me to tie it up. in sudden death on the final game i used my big mario weapon, i took a power shot to get a weapon. and then the ball bounced right to koopa troopa who was all alone. i took his speacial shot and knocked the goalie down. the ball went back to big mario, he took a shot and it bounced off croc but right back to big mario. i took another shot and that one went in. so happy. so good. so releived.

Since I broke my leg the other day, I've been playing a lot of strikers charged online co-op with a friend of mine. I'm decent now. My record is around .500. It would probably be more if it weren't for disconectors.

Anyway, this game has been my first non-PC online gaming experience other than playing here and there at a friends house. I like it a lot. There could be things better about it, but all in all, it's not bad.

I was playing this one guy who I beat in game 1 fairly badly. I think it was like 9-0. Anyway, in the second game, he scored on me and my friend fairly early to make it 1-0. He used the stupid toad flip over the goalie trick/glitch which I hate. Then he runs back to his goalie and hands the goalie the ball. This was the first I had encountered this stupid strategy of running out the clock. So eventually we start to surround his guys and after about 25 seconds end up stealing the ball from him and within 3 seconds of stealing the ball we tied the game up 1-1. So obviously we're laughing at whoever this guy was. Then, within probably 10 more seconds we go up 2-1. We decide to mess with the guy and do the same strategy where we run back and give the ball to our goalie. We hung around and did this for maybe 15 seconds and then passed the ball upfield and scored 4 or 5 goals on a super strike. We got the ball back and did the same thing, handed it off to our goalie for a little while and then passed the ball upfield and scored 2 or 3 on a super strike. We ended up repeating this and going up 11-1 when the douchebag disconnected with something like 30 seconds remaining. I couldn't stop laughing.

I really don't think of the toad flip as cheap or a glitch. It is very hard to pull off. I can do it about 1 out of every 3 or 4 times, and I've had 2 toads on my team the entire time I've been attempting the Crystal cup (6 or 7 times now). I've scored a fair number of them, but they aren't automatic. It seems Diddy can automatically Dry Bones deke into my goal whenever he wants though :bomb:. If that move didn't exist I would have beat him long ago.

And yes, goalie camping can go horribly wrong. I had Diddy all but beat - up 1 game to none and up 1-0 with 2 seconds left in the second game his Dry Bones stole it and deked a goal. It was horrible... (Of course he won the overtime with another deke and then I was so pissed the 3rd game wasn't even close).

[quote name='drfunk85']Since I broke my leg the other day, I've been playing a lot of strikers charged online co-op with a friend of mine. I'm decent now. My record is around .500. It would probably be more if it weren't for disconectors.

Anyway, this game has been my first non-PC online gaming experience other than playing here and there at a friends house. I like it a lot. There could be things better about it, but all in all, it's not bad.

I was playing this one guy who I beat in game 1 fairly badly. I think it was like 9-0. Anyway, in the second game, he scored on me and my friend fairly early to make it 1-0. He used the stupid toad flip over the goalie trick/glitch which I hate. Then he runs back to his goalie and hands the goalie the ball. This was the first I had encountered this stupid strategy of running out the clock. So eventually we start to surround his guys and after about 25 seconds end up stealing the ball from him and within 3 seconds of stealing the ball we tied the game up 1-1. So obviously we're laughing at whoever this guy was. Then, within probably 10 more seconds we go up 2-1. We decide to mess with the guy and do the same strategy where we run back and give the ball to our goalie. We hung around and did this for maybe 15 seconds and then passed the ball upfield and scored 4 or 5 goals on a super strike. We got the ball back and did the same thing, handed it off to our goalie for a little while and then passed the ball upfield and scored 2 or 3 on a super strike. We ended up repeating this and going up 11-1 when the douchebag disconnected with something like 30 seconds remaining. I couldn't stop laughing.[/QUOTE]

that's a great story. it's good to see a coward like that going down.
i actually today had the cpu attempt the toad flip on me. so it's certainly not a glitch. i always keep a toad on my team and every time i get a mushroom, i pass it to toad and use the mushroom to score. but if i don't have the mushroom i can never get it to work.

i can still never do the dry bones score. i'd like to be able to do it so i might try and practice more.

you're talking about a uncharged dry bones deke right? A charged one can easily go 1/4th the distance of the entire court

Something they desperately need for this game, either a small chat session after each game, or the choice to add the FC of a stranger which you had just played against on rank to your friendlist after each game. I had one of the best matches ever in my online career. The game was so close and went into at least 3 minute OT twice on the 1st and 3rd game (2nd he scored a quick 1 and i couldnt score back). It was a perfect lagless game and the pressure was high on both sides with perfect megastrikes all being blocked on both sides.

[quote name='botticus']Ha, I guess the match supercedes the forfeit, sorry Sean![/QUOTE]

No problem. I'm pretty busy with school starting anyway, so it's all good.

[quote name='buttle']that's a great story. it's good to see a coward like that going down.
i actually today had the cpu attempt the toad flip on me. so it's certainly not a glitch. i always keep a toad on my team and every time i get a mushroom, i pass it to toad and use the mushroom to score. but if i don't have the mushroom i can never get it to work.

i can still never do the dry bones score. i'd like to be able to do it so i might try and practice more.[/quote]

The toad move isn't really a glitch (that's why I said trick/glitch), but there is just something about it that seems cheap to me. I definitely hate the goalie camping more though. Obviously on your own machine when playing a single player game, it doesn't matter to me what you do, but online it is just cowardly.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Whats your # beefy?
-also, everyone listed on the first page is now entered. My fucking wrist hurts. I think Metroid may kill me...[/quote]It's in my sig, but for the record, it's 2243 0036 3361 0443.

[quote name='drfunk85']The toad move isn't really a glitch (that's why I said trick/glitch), but there is just something about it that seems cheap to me. I definitely hate the goalie camping more though. Obviously on your own machine when playing a single player game, it doesn't matter to me what you do, but online it is just cowardly.[/QUOTE]

agreed. it's amazing how much i cheat when playing the cpu. but with online it's a whole other story.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']That's right, I just saw it now. For the REAL record, it's 133252 882780.[/QUOTE]

i'll enter you in at some point tonight. but i'm watching the mariners at the moment. i can't remember my #s but they're listed on the first page.

prepare to kick my ass!
EDIT: ...and then it kicks me off the internet
EDIT 2: Seriously, wtf
EDIT 3: Jesus tap-dancing christ!!!
EDIT 4: Let me invite you this time....just to try something different

[quote name='KhaosX']you're talking about a uncharged dry bones deke right? A charged one can easily go 1/4th the distance of the entire court

Something they desperately need for this game, either a small chat session after each game, or the choice to add the FC of a stranger which you had just played against on rank to your friendlist after each game. I had one of the best matches ever in my online career. The game was so close and went into at least 3 minute OT twice on the 1st and 3rd game (2nd he scored a quick 1 and i couldnt score back). It was a perfect lagless game and the pressure was high on both sides with perfect megastrikes all being blocked on both sides.[/QUOTE]

i didn't know that. that makes a lot of sense. i'm going to try that tonight. do know if that works for all of the teleporting characters? including ghost?

Ok, I FINALLY beat the Crystal Cup tonight. I just ran through the whole damn thing and it took about an hour. I think I went into the finals with a 5-5 record - pathetic. I don't even understand how I won since I usually get owned by Luigi in the semi-final round but it was on that sand level and his teammates kept getting crushed, etc. Made for quite a few Megastrikes for me.

I was finally able to Dry Bones deke my way into the goal a couple times against Diddy, although I never did it charged. I always did it right in the goalies face and would get tagged but the ball would go in. It felt good to give cheapass Diddy his own medicine back.

I also read an awesome strategy on the Nintendo message boards today. If you use Toad, this is an excellent fake-out move that works really well against the CPU and probably real players as well.

Shoot the ball to Toad and have him run up to the goal and perform his deke like you are going to goalie hop. Near the height of your jump, lob pass the ball to another teammate. The goalie will smash the crap out of Toad, but if you passed it in time, your teammate will have an easy shot at an open goal.

I was able to pull this off about 60% of the time (much better than my Toad goalie hop %) as long as I could get Toad down the field without getting slaughtered. Someone who is good at intercepting lobs (looks at buttle) could screw this strategy up, but against the CPU it is almost golden. The only problem is timing the pass but I think it is easier and more forgiving than doing the hop.

Beating the Crystal Cup just saved this game from being trade fodder for MP3. I was getting so frustrated I almost brought that bad boy to GameStop.

[quote name='buttle']i didn't know that. that makes a lot of sense. i'm going to try that tonight. do know if that works for all of the teleporting characters? including ghost?[/quote]
Daisy, Dry bones and (i think) Waluigi off the top of my head rely on a charged ball for their deke distance. To offset that all three of them pause for a half a sec to start the deke first, which makes them vulnerable to get hit.
Boo however does NOT rely on the charge of the ball for his deke, as it will be the same distance no matter what charge its on. To offset that his deke is instant and has no delay when you use it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I

Ive got you added. But i never seem to be on at the same time as you, and i dont keep my wiiconnect 24/7 on so thats probably why you dont see me and vice versa.

[quote name='daroga']js1, good games last night :)

Strell (and many other OP people) why haven't you added me? Do I smell? :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, GG . Even though I got my but kicked. That lag was killing me! I also noticed that not everyone in OP has not added me as well, including my opponent in the tournament.

I really need to add the few OTTers that got the game (nigel, Frisky, Strell, ryles) and Mistah Beef.

But I'm too lazy. Maybe tonight.

Alright, I'm going to go and add the 5 I listed above, and delete everyone on my list that isn't connected that I don't recognize. I'll throw the names I recognized who are connecting on here.

Edit: Strell isn't in the OP it seems, but his FC is 077417-710340.

Story time:
This game officially pushed me to the edge of selling it, I decided to try out Petey as captain in single player cuz of his sheer power. I destroyed firecup in extreme difficulty. I thought this would be a good main from now on and tried to play ranked.
Get this, i lost three straight games in a row, and in all three games, every round i had AT LEAST 10 charged shots with petey. ALL BLOCKED. My opponent? had at MOST 5 shots, and most of them were uncharged with weak characters. I understand that a charged shot doesnt always go in, but come on! 10 shots and not 1 goes in? THATS BS.
To get the frustration out, i went back to my original main (Daisy). I played a rank where i forced the guy to dc after i scored 3 shots in 30 seconds. Then a 2nd ranked game where the score was 7-0 and 4-1 mine.

My lesson learned? Petey sucks! And im going to make sure i beat his ass down in SSBB when it comes out.

Man, it's all about Daisy and Waluigi in this game. I tried practicing with Diddy, and while I love his special, I hate the range he has with his slide and tackle.

EDIT: I'll get around to adding everyone else on the first page later.

bread's done
Back