Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

[quote name='Tybee']I've sometimes used Daisy when others pick Waluigi before me because she has comparable speed and a nice special move.[/quote]

I believe Daisy and Waluigi have identical stats, but I prefer Waluigi's celebrations. I have found his special to be more useful as well.

WA-LU-I-GI!

*suck it*

Actually, I prefer Daisy's special... it won't get you megastrikes, but it will help the defense immensely if timed properly.

[quote name='tacklebox']It does that because it has weeklong seasons so that the same guy isn't always at the top... I guess.[/quote]It gives more reason to keep playing for the majority - otherwise the dude who can obsess over the game from Day 1 will always be at the top, while someone who buys the game in December will be fucked and never pass rank 50000.

Well, the Wii DOES store your Mii's W/L record; if you look closely when you log on with the Mii in strikers, it shows its lifetime record. Not online, but you can't say it isn't there.

[quote name='mpj31']It should keep your w/l since it ranks by points anyway. just reset pts[/quote]It could, but I think I and most people would be more interested in how they got those points. Were they 0-140 with 140 points, or were they 10-0? Then they'd have to display two records.

I really need to play the Crystal Cup again or buttle's gonna smoke me in our match... haven't played since Thursday, I think.

I want to know how I ended up not being in the tourney. I thought I put my name in the hat early enough. It also looks as if I have been taken out of the OP

[quote name='mpj31']It should keep your w/l since it ranks by points anyway. just reset pts[/QUOTE]

i think it will do a lot to prevent cheating. cheating is such a huge thing with online play now days. i think it's worth it

[quote name='magiic']I want to know how I ended up not being in the tourney. I thought I put my name in the hat early enough. It also looks as if I have been taken out of the OP[/quote]I.... have no answer to that. Did I ever get you in the OP? You may have missed one of my requests to double-check the OP a couple days ago before everything was finalized.

Ya I was in the OP for a bit not sure when I dropped out of it. I was pumped an ready for the tourney. I suppose I'll have to keep practicing and be ready to kick ass in the next one

[quote name='magiic']Ya I was in the OP for a bit not sure when I dropped out of it. I was pumped an ready for the tourney. I suppose I'll have to keep practicing and be ready to kick ass in the next one[/quote]Then I really have no idea... I may have accidentally deleted you when editing it one day? You got me.

Just won my first online match. I've found myself a team I'm rather comfortable with. If anyone would like to play an online match, I'm game.

Botticus, if it isn't too much trouble, could you possibly sort the OP by, say, date added or something? Chunk them into months? If I'm going to add the majority of people here to my friends list, it'll be hard to remember who I've added and who I haven't.

That being said, I'm going to add everyone in the OP to my list now.

[quote name='Staind204']I got the game but I'm not too impressed so far. I hate that the Mega shots take so long (even if you don't get it perfect or close you still have to watch the cutscene). Anyway my FC is

433898 988424

LMK if you add me so I can put you on my list as well.[/QUOTE]

Staind - added you today - please add me back (wjhard - 017286 705150). Thanks!

For the person who asked why no one uses Daisy, I use her exclusively. It hasn't seemed to have helped my game all that much, but I think your sidekicks really play more of an important role than your captain. I still don't think my mix of sidekicks is right.

Brocko you probably hate my playing style... sorry. I hate using drybones like that but I take it as being a shot. If I make a suggestion...you didn't really have any good shooters on your team. Put birdo, hammer, or a different captain and you will be good to go. Right now your team is fast and good passers but no one can shoot well. Thats just my opinion to try to help you out.

Thanks. I will say I don't have much respect for juking past the goalie right into the goal. Thats a cheap move in my book. Other than that, good game.

I look at it this way: Dry Bones cant score by shooting because his shooting sucks. Usually if birdo has it in front of the goal fully charged it will go in if you shoot. If you have it fully charged with dry bones its a 'shot' by pressing deke. Just my opinion, I could be trying to justify it. ... Whoever was trying to invite me, either Si or Rocko I was afk for a bit. I'm here now.

[quote name='magiic']Ya I was in the OP for a bit not sure when I dropped out of it. I was pumped an ready for the tourney. I suppose I'll have to keep practicing and be ready to kick ass in the next one[/quote]

Beats me as well, I don't remember ever seeing you in the OP and I've been paying decent enough attention to this thread.

Crazy stuff.

[quote name='yukine']Beats me as well, I don't remember ever seeing you in the OP and I've been paying decent enough attention to this thread.

Crazy stuff.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

tybee when are we gonna match. I'm almost calling it quits tonight. About to sign off uless somone come son.

RESULTS ARE IN FOR TOURNAMENT MATCH:

Misterhand (Groucho) vs. V Man (V Man)

Groucho 3 - 8 V Man
Groucho 0 - 7 V Man

Good game Misterhand.... you got me good a few times with Birdo...

[quote name='mpj31']I'll be using the same team the entire tournament. Please dont plan against me:

Hammer Bros, Birdo, Dry Bones, Waluigi[/QUOTE]

I wish I could have planned! With those on your team and the way you play it's very hard to beat you.

Hey, I switched it up at the end there and had the best game. Good game though.

Honestly I feel there are so many different levels to this game. I beat about 6.5 out of every 10 people I play in the ranked matches. There are some people who are REALLY good though. And they usually always use DK

Played around a little bit with Birdo and I definitely realized I need a good shooter.

Although a team of Peach, Birdo and Boo offense, and Bones defense is still pretty weak with shooting. I should probably choose a new cpatain, but I really like Peach. I dunno.

I've added everyone mpj and above to friends, but only two people have added me. I need friends! D=

I'll be adding the rest later tonight.

[quote name='mpj31']Vman looks like a tough competitor... 8 and 7 goals? Yikes.[/QUOTE]

eh, I got lucky with a MegaStrike each game..... I don't use the deke goals, it sorta strays from the fun just watching Dry Bones and Toads walk in whenever they please....

[quote name='mpj31']I'll be using the same team the entire tournament. Please dont plan against me:

Hammer Bros, Birdo, Dry Bones, Waluigi[/QUOTE]

good thing we're not in the same bracket, or else we'd have to coin flip for Waluigi.... can't go wrong with a Ho-Down... yee haw!

[quote name='Rocko']Played around a little bit with Birdo and I definitely realized I need a good shooter.

Although a team of Peach, Birdo and Boo offense, and Bones defense is still pretty weak with shooting. I should probably choose a new cpatain, but I really like Peach. I dunno.

I've added everyone mpj and above to friends, but only two people have added me. I need friends! D=

I'll be adding the rest later tonight.[/quote]
exchange boo with hammer bros and you have yourself a decent team

And I dont mind using Daisy, WaLuigis wall is getting harder and harder to use.

I'm looking at the bracket...are you trying to tell me I have to play Si if I get past Tybee....great, how did you come up with these matches. O well. I dont think it will even matter Vman.

I'm looking at the bracket...are you trying to tell me I have to play Si if I get past Tybee....great, how did you come up with these matches. O well.

I just got mario strikers today traded in my paper mario. I suck so you can make some easy points off me. Who wants to play :) 0675670444191459

just to let everyone know I have added everyone that has posted in this thread, and in the OP. but for some reason I sitll only have 12 friends. So if you have not added me my FC is :249214 828217

[quote name='panasonic']I just got mario strikers today traded in my paper mario. I suck so you can make some easy points off me. Who wants to play :)[/quote]
It'd help to post your friend code. :lol:

[quote name='mpj31']I'm looking at the bracket...are you trying to tell me I have to play Si if when I get past Tybee....great, how did you come up with these matches. O well. I dont think it will even matter Vman.[/quote]

Fixed. ;)

I was planning to use Daisy in our match, so why don't you stick with Waluigi for now. Not that it matters much at this point. I suspect my coach will be shot on his front lawn by enraged fans after our match. :roll:

[quote name='mpj31']
I'm looking at the bracket...are you trying to tell me I have to play Si if I get past Tybee....great, how did you come up with these matches. O well. I dont think it will even matter Vman.[/quote]Without doing a bunch of qualifying matches early on, we have no way of seeding. Not to mention in a CAG tournament, I'd feel kinda mean pitting the #1 seed against a #16 seed if we had seeds. Wouldn't seem right. Especially cause I'd probably be the #16.

Yukine, I added you, but it still says connecting.

I just had the laggiest match ever, four star connection. It literally would come to a dead stop. I ended up just turning off the Wii.

[quote name='panasonic']ok my friend code is 0675670444191459

Please tell me if you add me so i can add you :)[/QUOTE]

That's your Wii Console friend code.

Your Mario Strikers Charged friend code is listed at the top of the "Friend Roster" screen you can access after logging in to Nintendo WiFi in Strikers.

[quote name='botticus']Without doing a bunch of qualifying matches early on, we have no way of seeding. Not to mention in a CAG tournament, I'd feel kinda mean pitting the #1 seed against a #16 seed if we had seeds. Wouldn't seem right. Especially cause I'd probably be the #16.[/QUOTE]

i love qualifying matches. they give everybody an opportunity to play some matches without getting eliminating.$ and seeding helps ensure that the semifinals and finals are full of the best teams. it does suck for that #16 team, but somebody has to play the #1 seed. it's tricky.

bread's done
Back