Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

[quote name='buttle']i love qualifying matches. they give everybody an opportunity to play some matches without getting eliminating.$ and seeding helps ensure that the semifinals and finals are full of the best teams. it does suck for that #16 team, but somebody has to play the #1 seed. it's tricky.[/quote]Definitely... we will do that for the next tournament, seemed people just wanted to get this one started quickly.

You up for our game right now, buttle?

Yukine, you can delete me on your friends code lsit for strikers. I was already getting tired of it so i jumped ship and traded it in while I could still maximize my cash back. Same for anyone with me added, go ahead and delete it.

[quote name='hohez']Yukine, you can delete me on your friends code lsit for strikers. I was already getting tired of it so i jumped ship and traded it in while I could still maximize my cash back. Same for anyone with me added, go ahead and delete it.[/quote]

Alright, thanks for notifying me.

Anyone get past challenge 8 yet (th one with yoshi). I tried for a hour and a half today but got my ass kicked every time. Any suggestions?

lol well I just played some guy who was 72-17 and I was pretty scared. I beat him the first game 4-3...he really wasnt that good. I played a lot of keepaway though and was conservative. Then I killed him the second game 5-2 and right before the game ended he shut off his wii. Wow sore loser for somone ranked 47. He did impress me though, somehow he scored right off the kickoff with mario. He lobbed shot it over my goalie at least 3 times the time we played. My goalie was useless against his shot.

Botticus why dont we just change the current tournament to have qualifying matches.

[quote name='mpj31']
Botticus why dont we just change the current tournament to have qualifying matches.
[/quote]Cause the general consensus was to not have a qualifying round for the first tournament. And considering how long it's taking to get the 4 or 5 first round matches done so far, even if we did a split qualifier, we'd be adding a few weeks before we got into the bracket.

I have everyone in the OP added to my list. I check my friends list every time to see if I can play a match with a CAG, so I'd appreciate it if you'd add my to your friends list. :)

Bardiya - good game - nice sweep - I thought you were going to run away with that first game.

Sorry I couldn't play more matches - gotta feed the dogs and get a quick run in.

I'll play you again sometime soon, hopefully in a little bit better form!

Umm... wow. Is it too late to forfeit the tournament? Enjoy your CAG tournament title, Si!

Can't keep playing, gotta add all these damn friend codes. Maybe later on.

Sorry for cancelling all those invites, friend codes are serious business. :lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone get past challenge 8 yet (th one with yoshi). I tried for a hour and a half today but got my ass kicked every time. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

yea, my strategy for that one was;
i'd take a couple power shots just to get some weapons. pass it to the captain, use the weapons to clear some space. shoot a super strike, then repeat.

i think the time i beat it i got a couple of easy 1 point shots here and there as well. but no matter what, you're top priority needs to be to get yoshi room for super strikes.

[quote name='botticus']Umm... wow. Is it too late to forfeit the tournament? Enjoy your CAG tournament title, Si!

Sorry for cancelling all those invites, friend codes are serious business. :lol:[/quote]

No problem mate don't worry about it. Good games:applause:

There are so many freakin' people online better than me. Its unbelievable. I used to think I was quite good but my first 5 matchs of the new season I got whipped. I'm sorta turning it around now but Jesus H...lotta stiff competition out there.

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']No problem mate don't worry about it. Good games:applause:

There are so many freakin' people online better than me. Its unbelievable. I used to think I was quite good but my first 5 matchs of the new season I got whipped. I'm sorta turning it around now but Jesus H...lotta stiff competition out there.[/quote]I know what you mean. I've not considered myself "good" but competent at least. I played 8 matches online today that made me look like I had the TV off while playing. People just destroyed me.

[quote name='daroga']I know what you mean. I've not considered myself "good" but competent at least. I played 8 matches online today that made me look like I had the TV off while playing. People just destroyed me.[/quote]My 1-4 against the two of you says I know the feeling ;) I stole one game when our goalies apparently decided to take a vacation, but half the time it seemed like I would have been more effective if I didn't touch the analog stick.

Hmm... my friend roster appears to be stuck on some noisy loop.... keeps beeping at me as if someone was connecting over and over again when someone is online.

Oh crap... I just took too long to pick a captain and I'm stuck with Bowser. This should be fun.

The higher ranked players are disappointingly cheap. I played against 50 today and when all they did was lob spam the ball to DK. In the last minute of one of the matches he Goal hugged out the clock so he would keep his 1-0 lead. Bastard.

Better match than I expected, at least I wasn't totally embarassed. I wasn't paying enough attention to recall the exact scores of the first and third games, let me know what those were, buttle.

Truly, I just feel blessed to have made it to the second round on a bye.

[quote name='botticus']Better match than I expected, at least I wasn't totally embarassed.

Truly, I just feel blessed to have made it to the second round on a bye.[/QUOTE]

yea, it was a great series. you'll never believe. at the begining of the third match the ups guy came to my door. i felt really bad to make him wait. i told him it was an online game for a tournament and that i can't pause.

i eventually got my wife to come in and sign for it. i felt bad though.

also, you did an amazing job stopping those super strikes. i can never stop the really fast ones. and i was surprised how effective bowers shot was in the center of the field. that kept going straight in.

[quote name='buttle']yea, it was a great series. you'll never believe. at the begining of the third match the ups guy came to my door. i felt really bad to make him wait. i told him it was an online game for a tournament and that i can't pause.

i eventually got my wife to come in and sign for it. i felt bad though.

also, you did an amazing job stopping those super strikes. i can never stop the really fast ones. and i was surprised how effective bowers shot was in the center of the field. that kept going straight in.[/quote]Haha, yeah, I noticed you were about a second or two late at the beginning of that game.

First time I've used Bowser, that charged shot was basically all that kept me in it... I don't think any of my sidekicks scored all three games.

You might have missed my edit above, did you catch the scores of the first and third games? I wanna say it was 4-2 and 4-1.

[quote name='botticus']My 1-4 against the two of you says I know the feeling ;) I stole one game when our goalies apparently decided to take a vacation, but half the time it seemed like I would have been more effective if I didn't touch the analog stick.[/quote]Hehe, those were great matches. We both had several shots that I thought were actual goals but weren't. Weird.

Good games :)

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']The higher ranked players are disappointingly cheap. I played against 50 today and when all they did was lob spam the ball to DK. In the last minute of one of the matches he Goal hugged out the clock so he would keep his 1-0 lead. Bastard.[/quote]

Goal hugging or goalie camping is the tactic I was talking about earlier. So damn cheap.

[quote name='lebowsky']Goal hugging or goalie camping is the tactic I was talking about earlier. So damn cheap.[/quote]It is indeed, but not undefeatable. I only use it against the mega cheap CPU, and they've scored on me a few times when I do it ;)

EXStrike and I played our 2nd round match tonight. I managed to eek out the win:

Game 1: lebowsky (2-1)
Game 2: EXStrike (6-2)
Game 3: lebowsky (5-4)

Great games EX. It definitely could have gone either way and you trounced me that 2nd game so bad - I didn't know what hit me.

Gonna go on in a bit and look for any CAGs that are on for a game. Online play has found me quite a few opponents who use the same repetitive cheap tactics. Meh.

[quote name='snipegod']That's your Wii Console friend code.

Your Mario Strikers Charged friend code is listed at the top of the "Friend Roster" screen you can access after logging in to Nintendo WiFi in Strikers.[/quote]

argh this is such a pain. Ok gonna update this post with my friends code soon:cold:

171 906 012043

[quote name='lebowsky']EXStrike and I played our 2nd round match tonight. I managed to eek out the win:

Game 1: lebowsky (2-1)
Game 2: EXStrike (6-2)
Game 3: lebowsky (5-4)

Great games EX. It definitely could have gone either way and you trounced me that 2nd game so bad - I didn't know what hit me.[/quote]And with that, you and buttle are free to schedule your third round matchup. That was convenient.

Si, I think I'm ready for a rematch. I've been doing pretty well lately, I feel like I need somone to put me back in place.

Well..... at least im catching up I guess.

alrighty, what the heck? bardiya and I are trying to get our match going and I keep getting booted every time we invite each other.

ok, this is infuriating. I have no idea why we can';t get connected.

If we can't get things fixed by tomorrow evening, I'll forfeit. This is stupid, I have no problems with anyone else.

[quote name='daroga']Si, great games! We're you letting me tie it up? ;)[/quote]

Nope. You came out of nowhere, got me completely off guard. Great games, seriously that was tight. I was literally shitting myself. I do hav a rep to maintain y'know?:D

I couldnt connect with you or Koopa, but I've been able to connect with everyone else fine. I've been getting randomly during ranked games also. Anyone can help?

The error I get is 86070 "Disconnected from network during transmision"

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']Nope. You came out of nowhere, got me completely off guard. Great games, seriously that was tight. I was literally shitting myself. I do hav a rep to maintain y'know?:D[/quote]hehe, true. That's why I let you win. Riiiiight.... ;)

[quote name='lebowsky']
Great games EX. It definitely could have gone either way and you trounced me that 2nd game so bad - I didn't know what hit me.[/quote]

Goal in the last five seconds throws me for a loop.

[quote name='botticus']Umm... wow. Is it too late to forfeit the tournament? Enjoy your CAG tournament title, Si!

Sorry for cancelling all those invites, friend codes are serious business. :lol:[/quote]
And now you know why I assumed you hated me for matching me up with him in the first round. :lol:

Got this game today, took it for a test run with my nephew and his friends. Game is incredibly awesome. Cannot wait to play some of you guys online.

[quote name='panasonic']argh this is such a pain. Ok gonna update this post with my friends code soon:cold:

171 906 012043[/quote]

^^^^ my friend code :D add me and then tell me with your code

When does the second round need to be completed? Between my move and bardiya's technical problems I'm thinking we might not get it done till next week sometime, if we can ever get connected at all.

[quote name='daroga']When does the second round need to be completed? Between my move and bardiya's technical problems I'm thinking we might not get it done till next week sometime, if we can ever get connected at all.[/quote]Won't know for sure until the first round is completed, but at this rate, the hard stop probably won't be till the 18th (full week following the full week for the first round if it goes that long).

[quote name='botticus']Won't know for sure until the first round is completed, but at this rate, the hard stop probably won't be till the 18th (full week following the full week for the first round if it goes that long).[/quote]Ah, ok, that'll be doable I think :) Assuming the technical difficulties get ironed out.

[quote name='Rocko']Just went online, and it seems I only have three friends. I guess no one loves me. :[[/quote]

I think you were one of the more recent additions so people probably haven't added you yet. I just went through the list last night and added all of the "new" FCs. There were 9 more FCs since I last entered them!

I also got online when you sent that message out last night but I didn't see you.

[quote name='daroga']ok, this is infuriating. I have no idea why we can';t get connected.

If we can't get things fixed by tomorrow evening, I'll forfeit. This is stupid, I have no problems with anyone else.[/quote]

EXStrike and I had the same type of problem the first two times we tried to play our match last night. The game would just completely freeze and then we would get the "Connection Lost" message. I would still be logged into WFC but EX would be gone.

On the third attempt, the connection lasted the entire game, although a couple times in the 3rd game it got a little freaky and I was worried it was going to die. As close as our games were, I was praying we wouldn't lose a connection.

[quote name='bardiya27']I couldnt connect with you or Koopa, but I've been able to connect with everyone else fine. I've been getting randomly during ranked games also. Anyone can help?

The error I get is 86070 "Disconnected from network during transmision"[/quote]

Found this on the Nintendo forums but not in the actual error code database (I think it is jacked at the moment).

This particular error is typically caused by a firewall interfering with a successful connection to the Nintendo WFC. Please read the following information.
  1. Do you receive this error every time you try and connect?
    • If you receive this error every time, please proceed to step #2 on this page.
    • If you receive this error only when playing a particular friend, then it is likely a problem with the friend's firewall settings on their connection. If possible, recommend to your friend that they visit the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection help area of http://support.nintendo.com for possible solutions.
  2. Ensure your router has the latest firmware installed. Visit your router manufacturer?s website and look for any updated firmware that may be available (these are typically found under "downloads" or by searching for your particular model number). Contact your router manufacturer for additional assistance.

3. If the above information does not solve your problem, you may consider adjusting your router's Port Forwarding settings*. Each router is unique, so consult the owner's manual for your router or contact the manufacturer for specific information on working with your router's ports. For your information:
    • If you are prompted for a device or profile name, you can enter anything you like (such as Wii, etc.).
    • The starting port to open is 1, the ending port to open is 65535 (or as high as the router will allow).
    • Protocols will need to be set to UPD only.
    • Set the IP address for the ports to forward to the same as the DS's static IP that you assigned in the previous step on this page.
    If you are still unable to connect, please call 1-800-255-3700 in the USA or Canada for more information.

[quote name='lebowsky']EXStrike and I had the same type of problem the first two times we tried to play our match last night. The game would just completely freeze and then we would get the "Connection Lost" message. I would still be logged into WFC but EX would be gone.

On the third attempt, the connection lasted the entire game, although a couple times in the 3rd game it got a little freaky and I was worried it was going to die. As close as our games were, I was praying we wouldn't lose a connection.[/quote]

My connection crapped out again for a half hour to an hour right after our match ended. ;)

Yeah, we could never even get connected. The connections would just die when the invties were sent. Something's messed up pretty severely on his end I think--he even tried a different Mii, rebotting all his internet stuff (and I mine) to no avail. The irony? He's using Nintendo's WiFi dongle.

I still have not heard from konicki465 I pm'ed him twice and posted here.It's been about 3 days since he last posted. He also has not added me to his friends list yet. How long do we have to wait before defaulting? I'm just in a hurry to play because I start school back up next week.

bread's done
Back