Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

I have 7 CAGs as friends now, yay. Don't be shy, add me. I've added you if you're in the OP. ;)

I had a really good game with some dude online that was like 70-50. He won the first due to a megastrike putting him 1 ahead, but the last two games I won. He was very greedy, and always tried to charged his sidekicks to full to get their skill shots, so I was able to steal a lot. He also relied on Waluigi's wall move, but he waited to get the highest possible megastrike so I stole that too.

The only problem I'm having with my captain, Peach, is that I have no idea what her special is. I think it crushes opponenets, but it seems to choose an opponent at random. and usually my team with it. :/

[quote name='Rocko']I have 7 CAGs as friends now, yay. Don't be shy, add me. I've added you if you're in the OP. ;)

I had a really good game with some dude online that was like 70-50. He won the first due to a megastrike putting him 1 ahead, but the last two games I won. He was very greedy, and always tried to charged his sidekicks to full to get their skill shots, so I was able to steal a lot. He also relied on Waluigi's wall move, but he waited to get the highest possible megastrike so I stole that too.

The only problem I'm having with my captain, Peach, is that I have no idea what her special is. I think it crushes opponenets, but it seems to choose an opponent at random. and usually my team with it. :/[/quote]

Peach's special is Freeze Frame which freezes anyone if they get caught in it. It has a pretty small area of effect and it doesn't seem to work all that well on top of that.

I just played online against someone using Petey. I didn't even know that was possible - I guess the dude won the Striker cup (or just downloaded someone's save online). Petey is a bitch and a half, let me tell you. He beat me 2-1 the first match, I came back and beat him 3-2 in SD in the second match. It was tied up 1-1 in the 3rd and then either we lost our connection or he disconnected. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Daroga did you have any lag? Good game but I was getting some major lag in the first and third game.

[quote name='lebowsky']Peach's special is Freeze Frame which freezes anyone if they get caught in it. It has a pretty small area of effect and it doesn't seem to work all that well on top of that.

I just played online against someone using Petey. I didn't even know that was possible - I guess the dude won the Striker cup (or just downloaded someone's save online). Petey is a bitch and a half, let me tell you. He beat me 2-1 the first match, I came back and beat him 3-2 in SD in the second match. It was tied up 1-1 in the 3rd and then either we lost our connection or he disconnected. Crazy, crazy stuff.[/quote]

So does it randomly freeze an area, or what? I thought it froze the ball carrier but that doesn't seem to be the case. A shame, since I enjoy using Peach but feel like I'm at a deficit since I have a mostly-useless special.

Unrelated, I haven't even beaten the fire cup since I've been so involved in online (and deleted my data so many times to choose a new team for single player), but Petey is still selectable as a captain for me online.

[quote name='Rocko']So does it randomly freeze an area, or what? I thought it froze the ball carrier but that doesn't seem to be the case. A shame, since I enjoy using Peach but feel like I'm at a deficit since I have a mostly-useless special.

Unrelated, I haven't even beaten the fire cup since I've been so involved in online (and deleted my data so many times to choose a new team for single player), but Petey is still selectable as a captain for me online.[/quote]

All the captains are unlocked for multiplayer online.

[quote name='lebowsky']Peach's special is Freeze Frame which freezes anyone if they get caught in it. It has a pretty small area of effect and it doesn't seem to work all that well on top of that.

I just played online against someone using Petey. I didn't even know that was possible - I guess the dude won the Striker cup (or just downloaded someone's save online). Petey is a bitch and a half, let me tell you. He beat me 2-1 the first match, I came back and beat him 3-2 in SD in the second match. It was tied up 1-1 in the 3rd and then either we lost our connection or he disconnected. Crazy, crazy stuff.[/quote]Hmm... I have Petey in my list of captains, haven't tried to use him yet though. Not sure what I did to get him.

Damn, hammer spammers are infuriating. The whole match, the guy passed the hammer bros. and spammed his skill shot.

[quote name='Rocko']Damn, hammer spammers are infuriating. The whole match, the guy passed the hammer bros. and spammed his skill shot.[/QUOTE]

Defend against them! Time it!

[quote name='Rocko']Damn, hammer spammers are infuriating. The whole match, the guy passed the hammer bros. and spammed his skill shot.[/quote]

I know how you feel. You know what I do? Score on them then get your fast player when u have the lead and just run around in ur zone and let them chase you.. I just did that to somone who was so cheap. Little taste of his own medicine. He also scored on himself using drybones.

[quote name='mpj31']I know how you feel. You know what I do? Score on them then get your fast player when u have the lead and just run around in ur zone and let them chase you.. I just did that to somone who was so cheap. Little taste of his own medicine. He also scored on himself using drybones.[/quote]

:rofl: That's a great idea.

yukine, great games:applause: You were awesome, I couldnt stop the goals pouring in. I dunno what the hell the lag was, the only person using the wireless signal at home tonight was me. LOL did you see I think it was our 4th match at the end on sudden death, you lobbed a shot at my net and the ball sails over my fucktard goalies' head and lands behind him and starts rolling towards the goal line.

Instead of turning and picking it up, he throws himself backwards on his ass and flails in the balls' general direction as it rolls gently into the net. I was cracking up:lol:

Si vs yukine Round 1

Game 1: 2-1 winner yukine
Game 2: 5-1 winner Si
Game 3: 4-2 winner Si

Just for shits and giggles Series 2
Game 1: 3-2 winner yukine (thanks to asshat goalie)
Game 2: 5-1 winner Si (same score as above what the hell?)
Game 3: 3-2 winner Si

Great matches man that was a lot of fun.

Seriously I'm not that good. I've been lucky a lot of times, my defense sucks ass.

[quote name='Rocko']Damn, hammer spammers are infuriating. The whole match, the guy passed the hammer bros. and spammed his skill shot.[/quote]

Easy. Run alongside them but not too close. After they toss the hammer down just slide in with a fast character, grab the ball, then run toward their goal and launch a skill shot before they can catch up.

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']you lobbed a shot at my net and the ball sails over my fucktard goalies' head and lands behind him and starts rolling towards the goal line.

Instead of turning and picking it up, he throws himself backwards on his ass and flails in the balls' general direction as it rolls gently into the net. I was cracking up:lol:[/quote]

That happen to a guy I was playing online earlier. I hit a shot that hit the top of the goal, and his goalie walked to pick it up and ended up kicking it into his goal. :lol:

If theres any chance of taking the unbeatable Si down I need some training...Yukine I challenge you.

Just got the game today, and DAMN it's fun. Also, DAMN I suck at online. I'm 0-18 so far. :whistle2:(

Any tips for some newb who can't score for his life?

By the way, how do you intercept/interfere with mid-air passes?

[quote name='plasmabeam']Just got the game today, and DAMN it's fun. Also, DAMN I suck at online. I'm 0-18 so far. :whistle2:(

Any tips for some newb who can't score for his life?

By the way, how do you intercept/interfere with mid-air passes?[/quote]

Press A a ton of times when they lob it in the air. Hope to get lucky.

For your other question... Id suggest using lop passes. Put two good passers on your team. Have them pass in the backfield. Have a shooter up in other defenders zone. Lob pass it to him with a good passer when the ball is white (after being charged in the backfield) and do a one timer. This is the best way to score without being cheap.

Lob passes are one of your best friends, especially if you can get a bunch of them off easily, if only to charge the ball for a better shot.

Another thing to do is charge shots, but only charge them enough to get an item--let go of B while the blue ring is there, and you'll get an item, and a pretty decent shot, because the ball has been charged. Quicker release than a skillshot too.

[quote name='yukine']GG js1, sorry for declining your other invites, but konicki needs to play you for the tourny.[/QUOTE]

GG also. I thought you were trying to be a jerk!;) by declining my invites. I should have checked my friends list instead of playing ranked games. I will play him tomorrow for sure.

So, on the little grid of sidekicks, where is the best place to put the passers? The two up front ones? With a defensive guy a the back?

You probably don't want to take advice from me, since I'm not all that great. But I personally put a defensive sidekick in the back, and then a speed passer in the front, and a good shooter in the front as well.

[quote name='bardiya27']Hey Si, who do you use?[/QUOTE]

For now I have

Shy Guy Birdo+Drybones
Mario

I'd like to have a power captain but god I just hate DK so much and his walnut whip head.

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']
I'd like to have a power captain but god I just hate DK so much and his walnut whip head.[/quote]

I feel the same way about DK, especially since in my first and only online match yesterday, i got my butt whipped by him badly (why the heck they match a 0-0 with a 70-60 i dont know). I've gotten to the point where i let me captain be the playmaker instead, and let my power partners shine.

I swear I am not very perceptive when it comes to the options on this game. I've never noticed Petey was a playable captain online (I've never run into him until last night), and I never noticed the second option screen when you are creating a friend match - the screen that allows you to add cheats in.

I also encountered my first Daisy player last night which sucked since she is the only captain I ever use. I went with Waluigi instead and got hammered.

[quote name='mpj31']Good Game. Did you see me when I shot into the green shell...the ball went flying across the field I didnt think it was ever going to come down.[/quote]

lol...I missed that. I did enjoy when you powered that shot in and it hit the post and dropped directly on the goal line and ALMOST trickled in before my goalie wandered back and picked it up. I considered that a personal victory. lol

By the way if we were playing who got the most hits you killed me like 41 to 7.

Yeah, my defense is much improved. I can smack people all over the field. It's my offense that's still in the toilet. :cry:

[quote name='lebowsky']I just played online against someone using Petey. I didn't even know that was possible - I guess the dude won the Striker cup (or just downloaded someone's save online). Petey is a bitch and a half, let me tell you. He beat me 2-1 the first match, I came back and beat him 3-2 in SD in the second match. It was tied up 1-1 in the 3rd and then either we lost our connection or he disconnected. Crazy, crazy stuff.[/quote]

Yeah, yukine used Petey against me last night, which was the first time I'd seen him in action. He's awesome. His music is reggae, which makes me want to unlock him so bad. His special move is pretty decent as well, spitting brown goo all over the place that slows everyone who touches it. Also like his Mega Shot cutscene.....which I got to see several times. ;)

Quick question about items since the tutorial didnt help. What other ways are there to get an item other than charging the ball and shooting before a skillshot? And are captain specials considered items?

[quote name='KhaosX']Quick question about items since the tutorial didnt help. What other ways are there to get an item other than charging the ball and shooting before a skillshot? And are captain specials considered items?[/quote]Getting hit by your opponent when you don't have the ball will get you an item as well.

Also, you'll know when you have your captain's special because the crowd will start chanting your name. I have a bad habit of completely ignoring the items that I have in reserve.

You can also switch between items by shaking the nunchuk if you have more than one. Doesn't come in handy too often for me, but if you wanted to launch items in a certain order, that's how you can do it.

[quote name='lebowsky']Also, you'll know when you have your captain's special because the crowd will start chanting your name. I have a bad habit of completely ignoring the items that I have in reserve.

You can also switch between items by shaking the nunchuk if you have more than one. Doesn't come in handy too often for me, but if you wanted to launch items in a certain order, that's how you can do it.[/quote]

Didnt know about the chanting thing at all, I thought it was just an indicator saying you were kicking ass or something like SSB. And yea, i also have a that habit of ignoring items. I honestly think the game would be more fun without them sometimes.

[quote name='botticus']I never feel like I have time to pay attention to what items I have, so I end up rarely using them or my special.[/quote]

I have started to pay a lot more attention to them since they have actually helped me win a few matches that have come down to the wire. Having a shell handy to flatten a defender in a one-on-one situation can be a lifesaver - allowing a Mega Strike or at least a charged up shot.

The cool thing is that they can be unleashed at any time so you can lob a pass to one of your players, hit C as the ball is coming down, and your player will fire off the item and then catch the pass.

[quote name='botticus']I know Spaz and Sean will get their match done soon; shadowhawk/snipegod? You guys set up a time yet?[/QUOTE]

We're trying to get a match going tonight.

[quote name='lebowsky']Also, you'll know when you have your captain's special because the crowd will start chanting your name. I have a bad habit of completely ignoring the items that I have in reserve.

You can also switch between items by shaking the nunchuk if you have more than one. Doesn't come in handy too often for me, but if you wanted to launch items in a certain order, that's how you can do it.[/quote]
Wow...I didn't know either of those. The chanting thing is cool. I really like the way they designed that.

Thanks!

[quote name='Tybee']Wow...I didn't know either of those. The chanting thing is cool. I really like the way they designed that.

Thanks![/quote]

Listening to the chanting can really come in handy, especially for someone like Wario who can completely jack your team with that fart attack. Whenever I am playing against him and the crowd starts chanting his name, he becomes slam tackle target #1.

The series between Suman and I went to OT both games. He's a great competitor; had me scared many times! Good games, man.

4-3 / SnipeGod wins.
3-2 / SnipeGod wins.

I just got home from work, and ill be adding everyone whos on the OP list. If anyone is up for a game right now, let me know.

[quote name='KhaosX']I just got home from work, and ill be adding everyone whos on the OP list. If anyone is up for a game right now, let me know.[/quote]

i would but i'd just be adding another loss for myself...lol. i just got the game today and went through the Strikers 101 thing and went straight online.

i got owned like 7-0 in all of them. well except in my last one. i got lucky and got a few superstars and came back to tie it 7-7 but lost in sudden death.

it was fun as hell though so i'm going to practce some before i go back into the cruel world so this time i can do some ownage

My wireless signal is strong, but I have not been able to play a game online yet. I have tried about 10 times with random players and there is a lot of lag and the connection gets lost. It always has 4 stars when I accept. Any ideas?

bread's done
Back