Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon deal is over. Arggh! I was downstairs on my laptop, and it was $40. Didn't have the laptop configured for Amazon, and it wanted to verify my credit card. Wallet was upstairs, so I waited until the show I was watching was over and would just use my desktop upstairs to buy the code. Digital price back up to $59.99.

That's fairly poor customer service. They went to the trouble to send me a piece of paper that said they had e-mailed me a code. Which they hadn't. Why not just send me the code? Or the physical card - which is what they advertise on the eBay ad?!? :whistle2:/

This seems like the thread to ask this in, I bought a 12 month XBOX live code a few years ago from Amazon and promptly forgot about it. Found it while cleaning the other day, is it still valid? I don't even want it but don't want to sell it to someone and have it turn out to be expired.

This seems like the thread to ask this in, I bought a 12 month XBOX live code a few years ago from Amazon and promptly forgot about it. Found it while cleaning the other day, is it still valid? I don't even want it but don't want to sell it to someone and have it turn out to be expired.
I have not played my Xbox 360 in about 3+ years..

Picked up a Xbox One last month from Cowboom. So I had no Live sub going.

I was going through all my old Xbox 360 games to sell to Amazon.. in one of the boxes was a 3 month Live Gold card from 2010ish.. Input code. Accepted! 3 months of Live Gold.

Picked up the 12 month for $40 off amazon to add to it.

So yeah.. input the code online and try.

What's MS going to do? say it's too old of a code and confiscate your xbox?

Did anyone that did this ever get a code or a card?

I got a padded envelope today with USPS tracking and a slip of paper that said I should have received my code though e-mail. :whistle2:(
I bought one of these and received an email 'question from seller' that had a picture of a scratched off code. Wouldn't buy from them again as it took them a few days just to get the code emailed to me. They also attached a USPS tracking number so I may have one of those dummy packages waiting in the mail for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DMCA18 - I just got the e-mailed pic of the code like you described. Mine says that "If you have Live credit remaining, you have to wait till it expiresbefore putting in the new code, also you can contact Microsoft to reset your Live account so that you can use it right away. "

I've never had that with a code before. It has always just stacked onto the new time. Anyone else have this?

@DMCA18 - I just got the e-mailed pic of the code like you described. Mine says that "If you have Live credit remaining, you have to wait till it expiresbefore putting in the new code, also you can contact Microsoft to reset your Live account so that you can use it right away. "

I've never had that with a code before. It has always just stacked onto the new time. Anyone else have this?
Do you have a payment method (credit card or PayPal) attached to your account? I didn't at the time I tried to re-up Gold last March and it wouldn't let me redeem a 1 year code until my existing sub expired or I added a payment method.

Thank you, the last time I did any of this stuff there was no way to check it. When you entered it, it just redeemed it.
Try redeeming the code on your Xbox. You'll get an additional screen prompt asking you to confirm if you want to redeem. If this prompt pops up it is still valid. You can then chose to redeem or not.

Try redeeming the code on your Xbox. You'll get an additional screen prompt asking you to confirm if you want to redeem. If this prompt pops up it is still valid. You can then chose to redeem or not.
I haven't been on xbox live in so long, but thanks for filling that in for me.

Just tried that boxeddeal one for 35$, keeps coming up with payment auth error by processor no matter which way I try to pay. Bank account, diff cards etc. Tried to contact support, comes up with person isnt available. Anyone else had any luck here?

Just tried that boxeddeal one for 35$, keeps coming up with payment auth error by processor no matter which way I try to pay. Bank account, diff cards etc. Tried to contact support, comes up with person isnt available. Anyone else had any luck here?
I've purchased from BoxedDeal a number of times using Paypal with no issues, including yesterday.

Update: Chat support came up when I got home, so I clicked that, told the guy the error message I was getting. He looked into it then told me to try again. That time it went through. So not sure if there was a glitch somewhere on their backend or what, but either way, got my 35$ 12 month renewed. =)

Sweet thanks for the link. My live just expired so I was waiting for a deal. It's a little weird how the process is with that site but I got my code instantly and just put it in no problem

Sweet thanks for the link. My live just expired so I was waiting for a deal. It's a little weird how the process is with that site but I got my code instantly and just put it in no problem
No problem. I agree, the process is strange but it works, so I guess I'll call that a win. Plus no tax.

Unsure if anyone's missed my posts in the XBL or PSN threads, but I help maintain a thread in the "Northwest" regional forum for deals on Fred Meyer coupons (located throughout the Pacific Northwest of the USA).  For example, there's a coupon good between 5/5/16 to 5/7/16 for saving $10/20/30 off $50/100/150 in the Electronics dept.  Click this link to see the current deal, or head to the top of the thread for FAQ's on stacking these "savings certificates" with an occasional "video-game accessories" coupon ... https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/347660-sticky-fred-meyers-coupons-valid-upon-xbox-playstation-gcs/?p=13317640

bread's done
Back