Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK spoke to newegg....they said you can't buy multiple codes with the same CC...so you would need 5 different CC numbers...sigh.
The Newegg sale is for Microsoft Store cards, meaning their digital store, not the physical one. Where you buy apps, games, and such. The balances don't transfer, so you can't buy hundreds of dollars from the Newegg sale and hope to get an Xbox one.

OK spoke to newegg....they said you can't buy multiple codes with the same CC...so you would need 5 different CC numbers...sigh.
I usually just buy different sizes ($100 + $50 + $75 + $25) at the same time, one code will work for all of them -- but yeah, as someone said previously, this would just be only for digital purchases.

Can you pay for your subscription using your Live cash balance? Like by filling it with the Live gift cards, can that balance then be used to pay for a year membership?

Can you pay for your subscription using your Live cash balance? Like by filling it with the Live gift cards, can that balance then be used to pay for a year membership?
Since so many of the old rules have changed after the Microsoft Point migration, I can't say for sure. Out of curiosity I just attempted to do it from xbox.com. At my payment options screen, it showed my Microsoft account balance, but wouldn't let me select it. So you definitely can't use your Microsoft account balance to purchase Xbox LIVE subscriptions on xbox.com.

You may be able to from your console, but I doubt it. Give it a try and let us know.

Since so many of the old rules have changed after the Microsoft Point migration, I can't say for sure. Out of curiosity I just attempted to do it from xbox.com. At my payment options screen, it showed my Microsoft account balance, but wouldn't let me select it. So you definitely can't use your Microsoft account balance to purchase Xbox LIVE subscriptions on xbox.com.

You may be able to from your console, but I doubt it. Give it a try and let us know.
I know for sure you can't do a lot of things with the balance on Xbox.com that you can do from the actual console, so I'll update here if it get to try it out.

For the $5 promotion would buying points from amazon work or does it have to be from a retail store with a printed receipt?

NVM looking at the official rules say no online purchases.

Matt do I need to link a checking account to create a PayPal account to pay you or could I just pay you with a CC via Paypal?

Also can you guarantee that the code is 100% authentic and not bannable?

For the $5 promotion would buying points from amazon work or does it have to be from a retail store with a printed receipt?

NVM looking at the official rules say no online purchases.
One of the options has Amazon.Com.

Just sent them the order receipt & others have posted about success.

Don't see why they would list it as an option.

It's part of the promotion.

Boxed Deal has 12-month Xbox Live codes for $37.49. I haven't dealt with this site before but I just purchased one and it worked fine. Note this requirement: [SIZE=small]You must redeem the code before 01/01/2015[/SIZE]

http://www.boxeddeal.com/xbox-live-12-month-subscription-code-dlc/
I gave it a shot as well and the code worked fine.

Note they must be a foreign site because my one credit card that doesn't allow foreign transactions declined the order. My international capable card worked fine.

It currently says "available for pre order only" - is that new? I'm guessing it means they're out of stock?

EDIT - never mind, went to in stock and I ordered one. 

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP ... Fred Meyer (Kroger's western-USA & Canada dept. store) has another double-coupon on XBL & PSN credit (or if you wish, XBL Gold & PS+) between Sun-Wed.  If you're planning to make any digital purchases on either platform, you'll want to stock up on credit at nearly 28% off, because buying $$$ with less $$$ is a good thing.  I'll post pic's once the "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" coupon goes online tonight, but I'm uncertain how many more of these they'll run until 2015. :)

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP ... Fred Meyer (Kroger's western-USA & Canada dept. store) has another double-coupon on XBL & PSN credit (or if you wish, XBL Gold & PS+) between Sun-Wed. If you're planning to make any digital purchases on either platform, you'll want to stock up on credit at nearly 28% off, because buying $$$ with less $$$ is a good thing. I'll post pic's once the "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" coupon goes online tonight, but I'm uncertain how many more of these they'll run until 2015. :)
I just bought 5x$50 cards at 20% off at Fred Meyer (coupon expires today), so I am curious about your math. How can I get 28% off? I was told I can return my cards as long as they are unscratched.

Are you saying the 10/20/30 coupon will go live (valid today) before they close tonight?

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP ... Fred Meyer (Kroger's western-USA & Canada dept. store) has another double-coupon on XBL & PSN credit (or if you wish, XBL Gold & PS+) between Sun-Wed. If you're planning to make any digital purchases on either platform, you'll want to stock up on credit at nearly 28% off, because buying $$$ with less $$$ is a good thing. I'll post pic's once the "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" coupon goes online tonight, but I'm uncertain how many more of these they'll run until 2015. :)
My apologies that a "save 10% off video-game accessories" coupon never showed up for pre-Thanksgiving, so it's only going to be "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" spent in Apparel, Home, or Electronics:

b1078048_9.jpg

With that said, if you ONLY want XBL or PSN credit, and will be near Fred Meyer during Black Friday morning between 5am - 1pm local time, then you can save 20% off all "Video Games, PC Games & Video Game Accessories" with no limit:

hqEgTb4.jpg

Man that's a nice deal at Fred Meyer. Wish we had them around here, I need to find a discount on some MS points. 

My apologies that a "save 10% off video-game accessories" coupon never showed up for pre-Thanksgiving, so it's only going to be "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" spent in Apparel, Home, or Electronics:

With that said, if you ONLY want XBL or PSN credit, and will be near Fred Meyer during Black Friday morning between 5am - 1pm local time, then you can save 20% off all "Video Games, PC Games & Video Game Accessories" with no limit:
Thanks for the coupon link! I didn't even need to print it. The guy at the register had one for scanning. Meaning, you can use it more than once. Snagged a stack of XBL and PSN credits.

I just got 4 $25 cards at speedway for $15 a piece. I just showed them the bf email from yesterday. The clerk said they were having problems and had to manaully take the $10 off. I think I'm going back for more. 40% off has been the best I've seen since the point/dollar amount switch.

I just got 4 $25 cards at speedway for $15 a piece. I just showed them the bf email from yesterday. The clerk said they were having problems and had to manaully take the $10 off. I think I'm going back for more. 40% off has been the best I've seen since the point/dollar amount switch.
want to delight us with some more info. I pass like 5 speedways on my way to work... Do tell!! :whistle2:

This was discussed in another thread yesterday. It was on the bottom of their bf email yesterday if you are a rewards member. I didn't think this was valid but they did it with no hassle. Thus may be open to all customers as it wasn't clear in the ad.

If you are willing to spend $70, Rakuten has a great deal on Xbox Gift Cards - you can take $30 off $100 select items if you pay with Paypal, and $25 or $50 Xbox cards are included.  So you can buy $100 worth of Xbox credit for $70.  These are physical cards so you do have to wait for shipping, but shipping is free.

http://www.rakuten.com/loc/paypal-30-off-100/82222.html

bread's done
Back