Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got 10 cards at Walmart. I would have bought more since I had a Target GC but my Target was out and I couldn't get them to give me any of the other 1600 MS point cards for $10. The Target Ad is still valid tomorrow, right? My brother and cousins want some but I am not letting them have mine :)

I guess I may have found the very LAST one at my local Target -- at around 7:00 P.M. It wasn't on the display rack but randomly placed amidst assorted items in a nearby shopping cart. It scanned at $19.99 but I had the guy go look for the ad -- which I had left in car.

As he was away, getting the ad from another dept., a different associate told the cashier to just ring it up at $9.99. :)

I may try to get more tomorrow with a WM pricematch.

Not a single problem at the Woodinville, WA store tonight! FYI, I posted the following tips @ SlickDeals, and will do so for CAG as well. :D

1. There is no magic UPC code. The following all rang up as $19.99 for me tonight:
    • 7-99366-72311-0
    • 7-99366-76386-4
    • 7-99366-77003-9
    • 7-99366-82427-5
  2. Target employees are being very nice today (and tomorrow) despite cranky shoppers, so don't get up in their face ... they probably make less than you, and this is the one time of year when they have power over you.
  3. You shouldn't have a problem to get the price adjusted as long as you can find GC's remaining in the store ... AND ... you take them back to the Electronics dept, rather than pester the checkers up-front.
  4. Almost all stores, including Target, don't charge sales tax on GC's, so Walmart not charging sales tax wasn't a mistake. However, sales like this are especially great because Microsoft won't charge sales tax either if using strictly points (rather than currency). Even when buying Games on Demand (such as during the Black Friday sales week), hit the blue-X to convert the amount to points, and you'll avoid paying sales tax, so long as you don't have to buy more points during the transaction.
  5. It's better to go when the crowds are low. Try late at night when there's no kids clamoring to try out the Wii-U.
  6. Nearly no store (except maybe Walmart) are price-matching (especially Best Buy), so if your local Target has run out, you'll need to find another one ... and another one ...
  7. Slow down for pedestrians! If you're the minivan owner who's rear window I slapped as you sped through a STOP line, you're lucky I didn't put my foot under your tire as you drove by ... I could've really used some juicy lawsuit money. :lol:

[quote name='RobnessMonster']Just wondering what time you went in? I was hoping for things to be as smooth as you described, but got blocked. Did the cards actually ring up at $9.99 or did you have to get an adjustment?[/QUOTE]

I checked out at 4:15ish..rang up without a problem..the cards upc ended with 11.

This is the problem of having to work on the holiday and the following Friday. I miss out on the best deal because I was too tired on actual off time. I finally had the time/strength this morning and I was hoping to get the points cards at $10 at Target and they all rang up $20. I was cordial and chose not to persist, so I ended out empty handed. I am in an area where Wal-marts are just grocers, so I am unsure how receptive they are at price matching gift cards.

Anyway, I'm not looking to be greedy (only want 1-3 total), so if anyone here was victorious in getting the deal has any extras they could spare, PM me. I can paypal the price (plus your tax, to make it fair) and I think I have to eat the gifting cost on paypal as well, but I guess that's the cost of asking.

Congratulations to all who were successful. ^^

With the nearest target being 20+ miles away, it's probably not worth checking today, eh?

Local Walmarts won't price match, saying it's a BF deal.

Well, if anyone has an extra, PM me - can pay Paypal + something from steam perhaps.

[quote name='creeduk']Was/is the deal good through today or did it end last night?[/QUOTE]

my add says it's good for today too!

my target was out so I got a price match at Walmart!
note that the ones pictured (white & green) won't ring up so they matched the OG 1,600 points cards instead.

[quote name='Ripcord83']my add says it's good for today too!

my target was out so I got a price match at Walmart!
note that the ones pictured (white & green) won't ring up so they matched the OG 1,600 points cards instead.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Sure Inv

NgÃ$y b?t d?u ho?t d?ng: 15.11.2012

Plans:

5% for 30 Business Days
Minimum Investment: $10
Maximum Investment: $5,000
Principal: Included
Total Return: 150%
No Compounding

4% for 45 Business Days
Minimum Investment: $20
Maximum Investment: $10,000
Total Return: 180%
No Compounding

3.5% for 60 Business Days
Minimum Investment: $50
Maximum Investment: $50,000
Total Return: 210%
No Compounding

5% ref.commission

Ch?p nh?n:
LR, PM, STP, EgoPay, PexPay

D?c tÃ$nh:

* DDoS Protected by BlockDos
* SSL Secured by COMODO CA Limited
* Dedicated Server
* Custom Script

Link dang ký: sureinv.com
Sponsor: hanhtrinh24h
Xem thông tin c?p nh?t sureinv t?i dây

Tried to get 3 cards (the NEW ones, too) and they all rang up as 20 bucks. Wasn't it in the printed ad at the store so cashier wouldn't PM it. Went back the next day with a copy of the old ad and they were all sold out. ERGH! If anyone wants to sell me one or two for cheap I'd really appreciate it...

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Tried to get 3 cards (the NEW ones, too) and they all rang up as 20 bucks. Wasn't it in the printed ad at the store so cashier wouldn't PM it. Went back the next day with a copy of the old ad and they were all sold out. ERGH! If anyone wants to sell me one or two for cheap I'd really appreciate it...[/QUOTE]

target probably won't price match as the add was a misprint.
the corrected add now shows a 3month card for $10.

I went today and they still had the ad showing $10 for microsoft points. The cashier tried to figure out why it kept ringing up for $20, after I patiently waited twenty minutes she just manually checked them out at $10 each. I ended up getting 10 of them.

[quote name='slippyal2']I went today and they still had the ad showing $10 for microsoft points. The cashier tried to figure out why it kept ringing up for $20, after I patiently waited twenty minutes she just manually checked them out at $10 each. I ended up getting 10 of them.[/QUOTE]I got 2 cards and that was it. I do not buy things on XBL like that and 2 cards is more than enough. Between the Xbox, PS3, and not Wii U 3400 points is more than enough.

I decided to chance it again and actually drove out to a different Target which was much further away, and this time I ... wait for it ... dramatic pause ... still did not have any luck. Even with the print ad, it just rang up $20 and I was told it was a doorbuster, I chose to let it go. There was a nearby Walmart, which didn't have the controller-headset-dashboard cards and only the one with the avatar in the corner, and I was told they didn't have any in stock to price match, despite my claim that they were the same product (I was polite, because I also worked the Black Friday and Thanksgiving evening and I know their mood).

It also appears I just missed out on that ebay auction as well. I am guessing this is just a sign that I am not destined to get Microsoft Points at this price. I want to know what bad thing caused my poor karma (I am guessing my inner complaints to working the past couple days) =P.

Ah well, I guess I'll wait on crazygametime to go 1-for-1.

EDIT: PM sent to cheapbrokegamer

[quote name='Ripcord83']target probably won't price match as the add was a misprint.
the corrected add now shows a 3month card for $10.[/QUOTE]

If it was a misprint why did they ring up for it? If anything that would be more like a major computer glitch or sellers remorse.

I wasn't sure when i went in yesterday because they didn't have a sale sign on the the points cards, there was a sign for the 3 month gold cards right next to it (which explains why they were gone).
Get to the register and they ring up $10 a piece (with no tax, exactly $10). Ended up getting 3 cards, two for me and one for my cousin who gave me the money a few days before.
Guess I was lucky they were unmarked so they didn't run out.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I went and picked up a few and was denided because I got some bullshit excuse that the 1600 msp cards were doorbuster sale and ended at 4 pm. fuck target!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='RobnessMonster']x2

I'm starting to think Target may have gotten some directive from corporate to feed this line to people who come in asking for the deal. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Crono-00']I decided to chance it again and actually drove out to a different Target which was much further away, and this time I ... wait for it ... dramatic pause ... still did not have any luck. Even with the print ad, it just rang up $20 and I was told it was a doorbuster, I chose to let it go. There was a nearby Walmart, which didn't have the controller-headset-dashboard cards and only the one with the avatar in the corner, and I was told they didn't have any in stock to price match, despite my claim that they were the same product (I was polite, because I also worked the Black Friday and Thanksgiving evening and I know their mood).

It also appears I just missed out on that ebay auction as well. I am guessing this is just a sign that I am not destined to get Microsoft Points at this price. I want to know what bad thing caused my poor karma (I am guessing my inner complaints to working the past couple days) =P.

Ah well, I guess I'll wait on crazygametime to go 1-for-1.

EDIT: PM sent to cheapbrokegamer[/QUOTE]

Have you guys got one yet? I'm heading to the store for LBPK and I can try to get one for you. All I ask is that you cover Paypal fees.

[quote name='dino88']Have you guys got one yet? I'm heading to the store for LBPK and I can try to get one for you. All I ask is that you cover Paypal fees.[/QUOTE]
Could you possibly get me one?

Its only the specific card that's advertised in the ad...and its good thru today. The problem is..its likely all the stores are out of that specific card. The other 1600 point cards are reg price.

[quote name='Dinky']Could you possibly get me one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no problem.

The next few ppl that respond here (not PM) I'll try to get you each one card.

Members that have been here for at least a year get first dibs and please don't ask if you've already bought some from Target.

I'd appreciate one as well, I will cover fees no problem, I do not think I will bother going out because it's about a 20 mile roundtrip and not a fun one either to risk it.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, no problem.

The next few ppl that respond here (not PM) I'll try to get you each one card.

Members that have been here for at least a year get first dibs and please don't ask if you've already bought some from Target.[/QUOTE]

Hello, I would be interested in cards, I would like 4 cards but if you could only get 1 I'd appreciate that and can pay via paypal. If anyone can acquire let me know. Thanks.

Has anyone had any luck with getting them to ring up correctly today if they are the picture shown in the ad?

I want to go pick some up but I'd prefer not to battle with customer service if possible. Thanks!

They fixed the price I believe. I have two stores near me; one has the ad but has none of the new cards. The other deliberately hid the page with the games on it, but has like 500 cards left lol. They rang up correctly yesterday.

Hi there, Dino! It would be real nice to get some points. After you get back from the store, can you please let us know how many you were able to pick up? I would like a few, but understand if you're going to limit the cards to help share the wealth. Either way, I am very thankful to you and it really touches my heart to see CAG'ers looking after one another like this. Bless you, my boy :applause:

I just got back from the super target in Kannapolis nc. They had a ton of the avatar girl 1600 pt cards, but only a handful of the cards pictured in the ad, and they were buried behind a stack of ava girl ones. I took them to a price scanner and they rang up as $20 but I talked to the guys in electronics and they at first said, no that's the gold cards that's on sale to which I replied, even though the picture says it's these cards? They looked at their ads, and sure enough, they still had the misprint. They spoke to their management about changing the price in their system, so there's that. You might be able to get lucky. I don't have any extra cash to get extra cards atm, or I would help others out.

Just be persistent about it, it's in their own ad. I was able to pick up 15 but those are for me and my friends. I'm gonna try and go buy and pick up more later when I swing by my friends house.

Don't let them give you BS about it. It is NOT a doorbuster item because it is not labeled so. Plus 1600 points with the girl avatar card and 1600 points with the one in the ad still redeem as 1600 POINTS. If it was a misprint, then they have to place a sign saying so. Lastly, there is no sign saying that there is a limit as to how many you can buy. They are just making up rules to suit there needs.

How are you guys going about getting the correct print ad? The store near me only has corrected ads. They won't accept a print of that individual page, will they? I really don't want to print the whole 30+ page ad... the ink is worth more than the $10 msp savings, lol.

It looks like a mod removed my post and everyone that responded. Not sure why, I was trying to help people out. Send me a pm if you responded earlier. I forget who all responded, but I should recognize the username when you send a pm.

So I got rejected at Target with the old ad and then I went to Walmart only to get rejected again lol. They said they don't price match sale prices?

Screw that, it's targets own ad how can they refuse? Walmart is guaranteed to price match a local competitors ad. They say you don't even need the ad. I was able to get 15 at target, 3 at walmart because they said their is a "limit" ya right. Will try later for more but I'm being lazy. This was all today.

bread's done
Back