Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Clak']I don't know if it's been mentioned, and if so I apologize, just thought I'd throw this in here since I just noticed myself. If you download the official Thorton's (gas station) smartphone app it should have a deals section where they have coupons you can use. They have a coupon on there for $5 off an "Xbox gift card". Now what they mean by gift card I don't know, but if someone is near one they might want to check it out.

edit- Link to screenshot- https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xcdjt7xw14kh9v/Screenshot_2012-12-12-14-56-19.png[/QUOTE]

I think that's exclusive to Thorton's though. I'm in MI and I have no Thorton's (I do have Meijer though!)

Missed the $35 12 month code, oh well i'm good through March but don't think it'll get cheaper. I'm 9 years on same XBL account so cant let it lapse. ;) It's $43 now if anyone is still looking.

Also Furry if you needed 1600 pts for $15 look in the trading threads people selling those target cards still.. It's $2.50 more expensive this way versus the buy.com 4000/$35 standby and no need to wait on shipping just watch who you buy from.

[quote name='tribalnoise']seriously. i am selling points codes from my personal stash. see my signature and send me a pm. need some xmas $$[/QUOTE]
me too, but mines cheaper!

[quote name='TommyLove']me too, but mines cheaper![/QUOTE]yea right guy. judging by your feedback, you obviously bought cards just to flip them. i don't have a stack of cards 3 feet high like you.

[quote name='tribalnoise']yea right guy. judging by your feedback, you obviously bought cards just to flip them. i don't have a stack of cards 3 feet high like you.[/QUOTE]

1) His is cheaper. Who the hell cares if he's flipping them? He has a product that's cheaper than anyone else.
2) Are you really getting on to someone for flipping something when that's what you're trying to do?

Man, I feel like I missed a joke somewhere...

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']1) His is cheaper. Who the hell cares if he's flipping them? He has a product that's cheaper than anyone else.
2) Are you really getting on to someone for flipping something when that's what you're trying to do?

Man, I feel like I missed a joke somewhere...[/QUOTE]

qft

[quote name='Briar36']I don't know if people still hate on CrazyGameTime, but I just got a 12 month live code for $39.76.[/QUOTE]

They don't hate on it. Just skeptical, and mods typically remove any mention of it.

[quote name='Zolor23']They don't hate on it. Just skeptical, and mods typically remove any mention of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I knew everyone thought it was sketchy, hating probably being a poor choice of words by me, and I wasn't sure what the protocol was for mentioning the site. But I just used it a couple hours ago with no problems if that assuages anyone's fears. I live in NYC so that might matter for country purposes.

[quote name='Briar36']Yeah I knew everyone thought it was sketchy, hating probably being a poor choice of words by me, and I wasn't sure what the protocol was for mentioning the site. But I just used it a couple hours ago with no problems if that assuages anyone's fears. I live in NYC so that might matter for country purposes.[/QUOTE]

We are still waiting for at least one person to say they got scammed by them. Nobody has said so yet...

[quote name='Briar36']Yeah I knew everyone thought it was sketchy, hating probably being a poor choice of words by me, and I wasn't sure what the protocol was for mentioning the site. But I just used it a couple hours ago with no problems if that assuages anyone's fears. I live in NYC so that might matter for country purposes.[/QUOTE]

worked fine for me as well (about 6 weeks ago)

[quote name='karaethon']worked fine for me as well (about 6 weeks ago)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Bought points from crazygametime a couple of times in the last few months and never had a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']Same here. Bough points from crazygametime a couple of times in the last few months and never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

Just bought some last night. Worked fine. I used a temp CC # w/ the paypal account to have two layers of protection. Was surprised such a site existed.

Shoot, no decent deals and I have an 8yr old who is upset because her 160 pts expired and she can't buy the Minecraft Festive skin pack. I guess daddy will be buying some anyway...

[quote name='Hodaka']Shoot, no decent deals and I have an 8yr old who is upset because her 160 pts expired and she can't buy the Minecraft Festive skin pack. I guess daddy will be buying some anyway...[/QUOTE]

How are the points expired? Were they deducted from your account or do you have a code which lists an "expiration" date?

I once found a random 160 point code in an Xbox e-mail that listed a used by date. Months later I entered the code in a separate account -- not associated with the e-mail address. The code still gave me 160 points.

It was a code in her Kinect Disneyland game. I found on Microsoft's site where they expired on 12/21. You would think they could send a message to your account when points are about to expire, because finding that information on their site isn't easy(probably just the way they like it).

Tried to buy some CrazyGameTime codes just now, but although the 1200pt codes say "In Stock", they're not.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']How are the points expired? Were they deducted from your account or do you have a code which lists an "expiration" date?

I once found a random 160 point code in an Xbox e-mail that listed a used by date. Months later I entered the code in a separate account -- not associated with the e-mail address. The code still gave me 160 points.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hodaka']You would think they could send a message to your account when points are about to expire, because finding that information on their site isn't easy(probably just the way they like it).
[/QUOTE]

I forgot where but on billing.microsoft.com I had it tell me when I had points expiring, perhaps under the transaction tab. If they would text me my stupid 2 step code to log in I might have been a tad more helpful.

[quote name='Dagolara']I forgot where but on billing.microsoft.com I had it tell me when I had points expiring, perhaps under the transaction tab. If they would text me my stupid 2 step code to log in I might have been a tad more helpful.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll see if I can find that. In the meantime, I ended up buying more points than she really needs because the only ones CrazyGameTime had in stock were the 2400pt ones.. the things I do for that girl. :)

[quote name='jza1218']Anyone know how long it takes to get your codes from Crazy Game Time?[/QUOTE]

Within minutes of ordering, perhaps even seconds. I've bought from CGT about half a dozen times now.

[quote name='jza1218']Anyone know how long it takes to get your codes from Crazy Game Time?[/QUOTE]

i ordered 4 times in last couple days (3 for flips 1 for me) and it took seconds to receive codes... codes came before paypal email

[quote name='gatordeve86']i ordered 4 times in last couple days (3 for flips 1 for me) and it took seconds to receive codes... codes came before paypal email[/QUOTE]

Damnit. I ordered around three hours ago and haven't gotten either of those things.

Gold expires on the 7th. Hope Newegg or someone pulls through with a code for about $35 for a 12 month.

Won't kill me if I don't support M$ for yet another year, however, so I'm not in dire need of a code if it's over that $35 or $40 mark.

[quote name='diablodeltoro']newegg on ebay $37.99 [/QUOTE]
Just a heads up I ordered from this a few days before Christmas, it was supposed to arrive Friday 12/28. It hasn't arrived so if your in a rush to not go silver think about it. Mine expires on the 2nd so I'm hoping fedex will pull through.

Does anyone know how to turn auto-renewal ON again after turning it off? Sounds weird, but I have "33% off Gold" as my current subscription type and turned the auto-renewal off by accident...

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']Just a heads up I ordered from this a few days before Christmas, it was supposed to arrive Friday 12/28. It hasn't arrived so if your in a rush to not go silver think about it. Mine expires on the 2nd so I'm hoping fedex will pull through.[/QUOTE]

There's a CAG thread for 2 months for $2, but you have to be silver. Might be worth taking advantage of to add 2 months.

[quote name='XF Gator']There's a CAG thread for 2 months for $2, but you have to be silver. Might be worth taking advantage of to add 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Noob question:

I am currently under an XBL Gold 1 month trial that came with the console that I got for Christmas. Will I automatically be downgraded to Silver once it expires and take advantage of this 2 month for $2 deal?

[quote name='$hady']Yes, make sure auto-renew is off if you have a cc on account. Otherwise it'll just expire and you are silver.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Yup, no CC on account. Never in my life will I give my real CCs to MS! :lol:

Can I use a prepaid Visa or something similar to sign up for the 2 for $2 deal?

[quote name='Yesijones']I know it has been mentioned before on another thread but Thortons has 1600 msp cards for 14.99 atm[/QUOTE]

link?

[quote name='Chedeng88']Thanks for the info. Yup, no CC on account. Never in my life will I give my real CCs to MS! :lol:

Can I use a prepaid Visa or something similar to sign up for the 2 for $2 deal?[/QUOTE]

I posted the $2 for 2 months Gold thread a couple of weeks ago. I finally used it on my own Silver account a few hours ago.

I tried using a Chase Visa Gift card that I got for Christmas but it didn't work.

What actually did work was linking the Gift Card to a SERVE (amex) pre-paid card that I've had since Feb. I initially got a $10 sign-up bonus from SERVE and used most of it. I only had a remaining balance of 0.94.

I linked the Visa Gift card to my SERVE account as a DEBIT card. The ensuing transaction used my remaining 0.94 Serve balance and took the balance from my Visa Gift Card. Previously I had my SERVE card linked to my Xbox when I did a $1 for 1 month deal earlier this year.

So if any other CAGs have a small balance on a SERVE card, this is a good way to utilize it with a GIFT CARD -- ymmv.

bread's done
Back