Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sanges99']There ya' go, a day late but NewEgg has a sale starting today for 1600msp @ $18.49. Link in the OP.

Just stop calling the house and sending those weird packages. Let's not forget that the restraining order says you need to keep at least a five deal distance away. 8-[[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Got the deal and now it's time to get the DLC I've been longing for.

[quote name='Cornelius']Up in the Pacific NW part of the USA ... Fred Meyer is once again having their "save $10/$20/$30 when you spend $50/$100/$150 in Apparel, Home, or Electronics" for 1 day only (Sunday, Feb 3rd). This means Xbox point cards (and GC's for other systems as well) will be 20% off.

However, already indicated to be on sale ... 12-month Xbox Live gold subscription cards will be marked down to 39.99 (regularly $59.99) for Sunday - Saturday. When you combine it with the Sunday-only "save $10/$20/$30" coupon (and provided you can find $10.01 more to buy), this brings the subscription cards down to $31.99, or 46.7% off the MSRP for 1 day only!

Online ads @ www.fredmeyer.com are typically printable, so you shouldn't need to find a paper copy.[/QUOTE]
Fred Meyer's repeating the "save $10/$20/$30 when you spend $50/$100/$150" deal for Electronics for 2 days (Fri, Feb 8th - Sat, Feb 9th). This means 1600 MSP cards will be $15.99, and 12-month XBL subscription cards will be $31.99. Find the "Starlight SAVINGS and Saturday DOORBUSTERS" ad either in the front of the store, or online @ www.fredmeyer.com to clip/print the coupon on page 3.

Looks like our run of awesome deals has finally dried-up for now. :cry:

Did some cleanup in the OP and found whatever I could to replace all of the great deals that just expired -- looks like Amazon as usual is the winner with a bunch of "standard deal" prices; nothing much to see here (unless you're that desperate).

Tried to buy a couple codes at once but the tax being applied made me stop and think. Dropped down to two codes and there was no tax this time. Sweet, bought 'em. Got the e-mail confirmation and... tax applied :whistle2:(

As posted in the Xbox DoTW thread (and I'll add this to the OP when I wakeup tomorrow):

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like BBY are giving 400 points with the purchase of the Halo Map pack which is really just a 2000 point card. So that is a small sale on MS points. $25 for $30 of points. About 17% off for those looking to buy points.[/QUOTE]

Link to the promo page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmprd197400050010&skuId=9999198400050010&type=product

UPDATE: Best wait until daylight EST since the "bundle" is still showing up as full-price right now. As expected, went live around 4am EST.

Updated the OP with Cancerman's Halo Map Pass tip, and... didn't 3-month gold cards used to go on sale for $20 all the time?? I haven't been able to find deal worth creating a new entry over in more than a month.

Did the weekly cleanup in the OP.

Best Buy seems to have extended their 12-month XBL sale -- at least for today, we'll see. It seems it's only the "branded" cards though, odd.

Rakuten is also running a $35 deal--again, let's see if that's more than just a 1-day thing.

Stay tuned, X-Fans, for the exciting conclusion...!
:boxing:

[quote name='A Very CAG']Best Buy 400 pt deal is dead ;([/QUOTE]

Yeah, sad, right? I caught that, hence the strikethru over the deal. (does that showup for everyone else? I'm running Chrome, and I've checked it in IE.)

The deals on points are so few-and-far-between that I don't "archive" the deal once it's dead until a new deal shows up, or else there'd be a big empty spot saying "No current deal" for weeks and months at a time.

OOOoooookay.

Today, I finally got around to all of these crazy-complicated deals going on. I guess that's what I get for trying to spend my free-time with my "other gf," :twoguns: Lara, instead of keeping up with the deals.

We've got the "v.Me by Visa" (a competitor to Paypal, created by Visa) discounts off of already low-priced NewEgg Gold Cards, the 15%-off 1200 pts codes (that code won't stack with other items btw, but you can purchase multiple 1200 codes and still get the discount on each), and then the less-than stellar 1600 points for $18.xx sale. They're going nuts over there at NewEgg this week! :whee:

Then, we've also had a deal emerge from GameStop on the Gears of War: Judgement pass with bonus points (I would love it if someone could confirm this from an actual store btw).

Did I miss any other deals, kids? :whistle2:k Does anyone happen to find end-dates on any of the ones where I didn't post them? It feels so good to see a bunch of end-dates instead of just guessing if the deal is still going to be valid in a few days. (Someday I'll get around to making a disclaimer right-at-the-top about what the "spotted deal" dates mean and when an end-date isn't given--like over at the DoTW thread. Someday.)

[quote name='Sanges99']OOOoooookay.

Today, I finally got around to all of these crazy-complicated deals going on. I guess that's what I get for trying to spend my free-time with my "other gf," :twoguns: Lara, instead of keeping up with the deals.

We've got the "v.Me by Visa" (a competitor to Paypal, created by Visa) discounts off of already low-priced NewEgg Gold Cards, the 15%-off 1200 pts codes (that code won't stack with other items btw, but you can purchase multiple 1200 codes and still get the discount on each), and then the less-than stellar 1600 points for $18.xx sale. They're going nuts over there at NewEgg this week! :whee:

Then, we've also had a deal emerge from GameStop on the Gears of War: Judgement pass with bonus points (I would love it if someone could confirm this from an actual store btw).

Did I miss any other deals, kids? :whistle2:k Does anyone happen to find end-dates on any of the ones where I didn't post them? It feels so good to see a bunch of end-dates instead of just guessing if the deal is still going to be valid in a few days. (Someday I'll get around to making a disclaimer right-at-the-top about what the "spotted deal" dates mean and when an end-date isn't given--like over at the DoTW thread. Someday.)[/QUOTE]

That GOW thing is weird, when I asked the guy yesterday he seemed to think it was really a MS promotion specific to rebates for buying season passes. I couldn't find anything online about it, and the link on the sales add has no information at all.

[quote name='stoned99']That GOW thing is weird, when I asked the guy yesterday he seemed to think it was really a MS promotion specific to rebates for buying season passes. I couldn't find anything online about it, and the link on the sales add has no information at all.[/QUOTE]

So the guy at the store doesn't even have any idea? Sheesh.

Looking at it (on page 2 of that sales ad), seeing as it says it's "Available Now, Only at GameStop", my assumption is that, if you buy it, it's going to printout a 400pt code on the receipt. Personally I rarely step-foot into a GS, but I've read of such on other threads with this kind of promo. I would think that SOMEONE would know legitimately SOMEWHERE though. Maybe no one has bothered to buy one since this promo started to know for sure, that's my only guess.

[quote name='stoned99']That GOW thing is weird, when I asked the guy yesterday he seemed to think it was really a MS promotion specific to rebates for buying season passes. I couldn't find anything online about it, and the link on the sales add has no information at all.[/QUOTE]
The manager at my local GS today thought the exact same thing.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The manager at my local GS today thought the exact same thing.[/QUOTE]

Humph. Maybe I'll tweet to MS when I get home from work tonight and see what THEY have to say about it (unless someone beats me to it). I'm already picturing the he-sad, she-said line they'll give me back & forth.

[quote name='Sanges99']So the guy at the store doesn't even have any idea? Sheesh.

Looking at it (on page 2 of that sales ad), seeing as it says it's "Available Now, Only at GameStop", my assumption is that, if you buy it, it's going to printout a 400pt code on the receipt. Personally I rarely step-foot into a GS, but I've read of such on other threads with this kind of promo. I would think that SOMEONE would know legitimately SOMEWHERE though. Maybe no one has bothered to buy one since this promo started to know for sure, that's my only guess.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and by making that assumption you would most likely be wrong. The picture specifically shows 1600 points, which raises a number of questions, all unanswered.

[quote name='stoned99']Yes, and by making that assumption you would most likely be wrong. The picture specifically shows 1600 points, which raises a number of questions, all unanswered.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure we're looking at the same picture here. All season passes that I've seen display how many points it takes to purchase the DLC pass, in this case 1600. In the ad, it shows the card displaying 1600 and next to it--viola!--it says "get" an additional 400 point code with some fineprint that, although too shoddy to read on the site, I would assume someone at GS has an actual copy they can actually look at.

The ad says it's only available right now at GameStop, and you can't buy it on their site... and there's a promo for extra points that ends before the scheduled release of the Pass. This isn't an episode of Unsolved Mysteries, it's just typical Retail Miscommunication.

Speculation & retailer-backbiting aside... I posted a disclaimer in the OP about deal dates and what they mean.

Hooray.

Oh, and holycrap, didn't realize I was under 10k in points (pretty sure I was up around 30k+ just a few months ago #-o), picked up a couple NewEgg codes.

Here's the answer for the Gears season pass: The manager told me that you preorder it in store and when you pick it up you get the code for 400 pts. Just like preordering a game you can just put $5 on it if you want.

[quote name='chuckwagon']Here's the answer for the Gears season pass: The manager told me that you preorder it in store and when you pick it up you get the code for 400 pts. Just like preordering a game you can just put $5 on it if you want.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation, Chuck. I actually thought it was "a little late", since I was going to have to archive the deal... but it's not for another couple days, so hooray for us. :applause:

[quote name='chuckwagon']Here's the answer for the Gears season pass: The manager told me that you preorder it in store and when you pick it up you get the code for 400 pts. Just like preordering a game you can just put $5 on it if you want.[/QUOTE]

so, you cant just pick it up in store once it releases and get the extra 400 MSP? Thats what I was thinking of doing this week.

So the "Available Now" text in the ad only means it's available to pre-order now? What a bunch of BS, but I guess since it's GameStop I'm not really surprised.

If that's the case I'll just pass on this deal as I don't really have any faith of the 400 points actually showing up.

I think Gamestop just mistakenly put the Gears of War cards in this week's ad. In the online ad it now says the cards are Coming Soon. It doesn't say anything about preodering being a requirement. Though when I asked about the cards on Friday the clerk's best guess was it is a preorder offer.

[quote name='VersionJ']Microsoft is not allowing renewals of family gold packs any longer. Snatch up those cheap subs while you can.[/QUOTE]

What does that mean ? No 99$ for a year ?

Holy cripes! This Rakuten.com deal that ends today is amazing, $36 & I wound-up with 4k pts + a 15ft hdmi cable on its way to me, proof:
[hiddenlist]
picture.php
[/hiddenlist]

:whee:

[quote name='CrossBones3129']Any new deals?[/QUOTE]

Just posted to the OP the Rakuten deal, but it's a pretty-damn-good one.

I didn't confirm the details of the 12-month card part of it, 98% sure it works the same and it was posted both on SD & I think duped here on CAG as having to "buy 2" and pay $50+ for the both?

[quote name='Rockinjs']Tag[/QUOTE]

*gets onto high-horse*
You've been here two years and you haven't realized you can subscribe to threads using the Thread Tools >> Subscribe to Thread button located at the top of every thread? For shame.
*gets down*
;)

[quote name='Sanges99']*gets onto high-horse*
You've been here two years and you haven't realized you can subscribe to threads using the Thread Tools >> Subscribe to Thread button located at the top of every thread? For shame.
*gets down*
;)[/QUOTE]

Lol im on my phone would have to switch to full site to do it that way ..... Sorry I'm lazy but anyways thanks for the update I just got my first 360 both of these deals will come in handy

[quote name='linkbear']I'm trying to do the rakuten deal, but it's only taking off the price of the filler item.[/QUOTE]
Make sure you're adding an XBL card from the list of third-party sellers, aka not Buy.com or Rakuten (the default "Add to Cart" option).

[quote name='Rockinjs']Lol im on my phone would have to switch to full site to do it that way ..... Sorry I'm lazy but anyways thanks for the update I just got my first 360 both of these deals will come in handy[/QUOTE]

Ahh, now I feel like a real jerk--even for just that gentle of a ribbing--I always forget about the mobile site hangup (no pun intended) when it comes to subscribing. M'bad, bro, my bad. :oops:

[quote name='tylerh1701']Damn, that is a pretty sweet deal. I just don't need points at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're a CAG, is that even possible? Hoarders-4-Lyfe, wat wat! :lol:
No but seriously, when I can afford to jump on a sweet deal, I try to keep my balance atleast in the 20-30k. Now that Rock Band is taking a hiatus from ever posting DLC again, I'm sure this'll last me quite a bit longer now, however.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is the newegg 1200 MSP deal for $12(I believe) dead?[/QUOTE]

It's in the Points "Archive" Spoilertag showing that it expired yesterday, and I just signed-in at NewEgg to make doubley-sure; yeah, it's dead.

So have anyone shop at rakuten before? What would happen say if your card arrived and it was not activated / claimed? >.< Haven't shop at rakuten before sorry :booty:

[quote name='Deathdenial']So have anyone shop at rakuten before? What would happen say if your card arrived and it was not activated / claimed? >.< Haven't shop at rakuten before sorry :booty:[/QUOTE]

As it says, Buy.com became Rakuten. In another thread, someone mentioned that Rakuten is big enough in its home country to be compared to Amazon. Also? When you make a purchase, your transaction is covered by Google--a prompt comes up as soon as you confirm your order asking if you'd like to have your purchases covered by them and after agreeing, you get a confirmation from Google via email.

Many of the third-party sellers have high ratings, it's just like Amazon's third-party seller's market in that respect. They all have their own return policies and usually there's an umbrella policy covered by Buy.com/Rakuten on top of that.

Bunch of rather-bland 12-month gold deals known for this week added to the OP. Still waiting for Best Buy to get there shite together on their site (as usual), this time with the Gears:Judgement Pass extra-400pt deal--deja vu, anyone?--there's supposed to be details for the promo but it leads to a 404 page; way to be, Best Buy.

Best Buy is running a surprise Easter Day ONLY sale, bonus 400pts with a bunch of point cards--but if you don't use their individually unique links, you don't see/get the bonus. Deals & links are in the OP (as usual), the best deal is obviously the 1600pt card + bonus for $19.99, I listed them in order of best value to worst (that 4k card is downright miserable, but still a deal technically).

I'm in for 2x 1600 for $40 with an additional 800 points than a 4000 for $50 with an additional 400 points
Nice post!
Question: These 400 bonus points deal online only or can it purchased in-store

[quote name='iRandom']I'm in for 2x 1600 for $40 with an additional 800 points than a 4000 for $50 with an additional 400 points
Nice post!
Question: These 400 bonus points deal online only or can it purchased in-store[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how Best Buy isn't opened today, perhaps this is best worried about if the bonus holds-over for more than just today, yeah? :booty:

bread's done
Back