Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if TRU still have those old point cards on clearance. Kicking myself for not checking when I stopped by TRU to pickup Toy Story 3.

[quote name='Marauder7']Anyone know if TRU still have those old point cards on clearance. Kicking myself for not checking when I stopped by TRU to pickup Toy Story 3.[/QUOTE]

it depends. i called with the SKU and the confirmed the sale, but in store it didnt fly. it applies only to the cards in the old clamshell design, so if they have those they will be on sale. mine only had the new style.

Btw, I got the Best Buy Gamer Alert texted to my phone today: "Save 20 on ANY Xbox Live 12 month Gold Card. expires 11/13/10. Show SKU 9636222 to Cashier."

BB in Tenleytown DC has lots of $50 12mo cards, -$20 from the text. $29.99 out the door.

Will the Joust code work anymore you think? Since it's been pulled. (they also have a couple Halo Reach $50 packs w/ a shirt, up at the front)

[quote name='BigPopov']BB in Tenleytown DC has lots of $50 12mo cards, -$20 from the text. $29.99 out the door.

Will the Joust code work anymore you think? Since it's been pulled. (they also have a couple Halo Reach $50 packs w/ a shirt, up at the front)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will go there tomorrow.

Posted in the individual thread for this deal, but I'll post it here too. The Joust download on the 49.99 cards DO work even though the game has been delisted from Live. Therefore, getting the cards at Best Buy for 29.99(with sku 9636222) with the included Joust code or Halo T-Shirt(YMMV) is probably the best deal out there right now. Good until the 13th. Just text GAMER to 332211.

I only bought 1 but people are reporting buying like 3 at once. I'm going back in a few cause my brother wants one now. Worst case, just do seperate transactions. You can use it as many times as you want between now and Saturday.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Thanks for posting that!
Can you buy more than one?[/QUOTE]

i know this deal is now expired but i was able to get 3 and they were even able to do them all in one transaction. the cashier did have to enter the code 3 times though. now that i am good to go on xbox live i just need to find some deals on point cards. i haven't seen anything for black friday yet related to 1600 or 4000 microsoft point cards unfortunately.

[quote name='Major.Pain']I saw a topic with 2 years of Xbox live and free 1600 MSP for X amount but I refreshed it and can't find it now :([/QUOTE]

2 years of XBL and 1600 MSP for $84.99. .

It's supposed to be on the 360 dashboard.

How soon do you get the 1600MSP codes from Amazon? I imagine it'd be fairly quick, the XBLA codes I've ordered before were nearly instant. Need some more points for today and would rather not leave the house... :/

[quote name='eugaet']How soon do you get the 1600MSP codes from Amazon? I imagine it'd be fairly quick, the XBLA codes I've ordered before were nearly instant. Need some more points for today and would rather not leave the house... :/[/QUOTE]

Both times I ordered digital codes I recieved them within the hour. IIRC it was just a few minutes after ordering, but it's been over a year.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Both times I ordered digital codes I recieved them within the hour. IIRC it was just a few minutes after ordering, but it's been over a year.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, should be nearly instant according to the Amazon FAQ. Thanks.

EDIT: OK, nvm. Looks like it won't let me use my Amazon credit towards a point code. Guess I'll make a run to GS after all.

I wish I knew about this deal I got earlier for people with Meijers near them, but it was just before midnight when I bought it. I ended up using the Santa Bucks they offer and got $10 off a 4000 points card; got it for $39.99. It was $10 off any item $49.97 or more. I asked the cashier if it would work (the coupon said it doesn't accept gift cards) and it ended up scanning through. Even he said that was a great deal, lol.

The Santa Bucks were only for Saturday, but I'm pretty sure Meijer has them again before Christmas, so that would be something to jump on. I assume it could be used for subscriptions, too.

My local Costco had a 12 month card for a little bit over $38. I don't know if everyone of them has them but you should check.

I have 1 Xbox Live membership available. I purchased a family 4 pack and have 1 account left over. Its valid through Renewal Date: 11/18/2011. If anyone has Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Kountry Returns Wii, Metro 2033 or Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition. Any interesting trades considered. Send me a PM. The only catch is I have to put in your Xbox Live password to activate the account. I don't need to know your email.

Picked up a 1600 pt card with Halo Reach on it from Best Buy today. $18 instead of $20. Not much of a deal, but better than nothing.

Will probably use it on Guwange and Rock Band stuff down the road.

Same with the best buy deal. I had $1 left on a giftcard so it was a nice $17 card.
Unfortunately this is the closest we can get to deals for points cards for now.

Considering the best buy deal, but it's not that great of a deal. Better then nothing, except that I've got credit at amazon and will have credit at Gamestop soon. So I should probably hold off. Still, I'm such a deal addict. :)

I just bought a 1600 pts card on Saturday. Didnt use it or scratch it off yet.

Is it possible to return these or get a price adjustment at Best Buy? I know they are kinda of like gift cards now so it might be tricky.

I know it's only $2, but I gotta head down there anyway. Thanks!

1600 MP Online Game Code [the digital code, not the one that gets mailed], is currently $17.99 on Amazon. Its probably just a Cyber Monday thing, since the online codes seemingly never go on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291063291&sr=1-1

...Save 10%, no shipping, no tax (for most), and instant gratification. :)

Off Topic: How do you make the CAG affiliate link so that CheapyD gets paid?
[Edit: nm, I see that it does indeed format it for you. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crono51']Off Topic: How do you make the CAG affiliate link so that CheapyD gets paid?[/QUOTE]I believe the forum software takes care of it; you can just post the regular link and it is automatically converted when someone clicks on it.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I believe the forum software takes care of it; you can just post the regular link and it is automatically converted when someone clicks on it.[/QUOTE]

It does/you can. Makes it really easy for the forgetful types (like me).

[quote name='Crono51']1600 MP Online Game Code [the digital code, not the one that gets mailed], is currently $17.99 on Amazon. Its probably just a Cyber Monday thing, since the online codes seemingly never go on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291063291&sr=1-1

...Save 10%, no shipping, no tax (for most), and instant gratification. [/QUOTE]

It asks for credit card info and won't let me pay with gaming credit so that breaks the deal for me. Guess I'll have to wait till the drop the blister packs to 16.xx again.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']It asks for credit card info and won't let me pay with gaming credit so that breaks the deal for me. Guess I'll have to wait till the drop the blister packs to 16.xx again.[/QUOTE]

Some gaming credit doesn't work for downloads (codes, etc.). It let me use come GC credit I had, though (it still prompted for Credit Card info, though).

[quote name='Crono51']1600 MP Online Game Code [the digital code, not the one that gets mailed], is currently $17.99 on Amazon. Its probably just a Cyber Monday thing, since the online codes seemingly never go on sale.

...Save 10%, no shipping, no tax (for most), and instant gratification. :)

Off Topic: How do you make the CAG affiliate link so that CheapyD gets paid?
[Edit: nm, I see that it does indeed format it for you. Thanks.][/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just grabbed one. For some reason (I'm not the only one with this problem), Microsoft has their payment options screwed up, making it impossible for me to buy anything on their website, on the Xbox itself, or even buy points off of Zune.net. So, until they get it fixed, I'm only able to redeem points cards.

Sadly, this is a few days late for the 2 deals I wanted to get (CCR pack and Halo 1), but I still need to buy some other things anyway, so this will help.

[quote name='bitzer']Some gaming credit doesn't work for downloads (codes, etc.). It let me use come GC credit I had, though (it still prompted for Credit Card info, though).[/QUOTE]I tried to order a 1600MSP code the other day and it wouldn't apply my regular GC credit to the order. :/

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']It asks for credit card info and won't let me pay with gaming credit so that breaks the deal for me. Guess I'll have to wait till the drop the blister packs to 16.xx again.[/QUOTE]I got a points card on friday and I was able to use my gaming credit. Still had to put in all my credit card info, as if it was the first time using it, but then it took the $15 gaming credit I got from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and the rest from game trade-in credit I have.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm not seeing this. Is it over?[/QUOTE]
Looks like this offer is gone. I bought one a few hours ago, and it's back up to $19.99 unfortunately.

Oh man, snuck in under the gun. I was out of points between the recent sales and the lack of bing rewards so I jumped in on some at $18. Glad I did, hope another sale comes around soon. Seems like it's been a long time since we got any $15 cards, I remember the ones at Target a few years back.

edit:

[quote name='cartvader1']ditto on the BestBuy - Reach points cards. $2 off + free ship & no tax.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Halo:+Reach-Branded+Xbox+Live+1,600+Points+Card/1272641.p?id=1218245812316&skuId=1272641&st=1600%20points&cp=1&lp=2[/QUOTE]

The amazon deal is dead but this one is still alive. Do 'Ship to Store' and no tax and it just requires a trip to Best Buy.

does anyone know if those $10 credit towards live sub cards stack up? there were certain games that if bought via amazon gave you $10 credit towards live sub cards

[quote name='Nintendokid54']does anyone know if those $10 credit towards live sub cards stack up? there were certain games that if bought via amazon gave you $10 credit towards live sub cards[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they do not.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Oh man, snuck in under the gun. I was out of points between the recent sales and the lack of bing rewards so I jumped in on some at $18. Glad I did, hope another sale comes around soon. Seems like it's been a long time since we got any $15 cards, I remember the ones at Target a few years back.

edit:

The amazon deal is dead but this one is still alive. Do 'Ship to Store' and no tax and it just requires a trip to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
Just picked up a Reach points card, thanks!

bread's done
Back