Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn - wish I'd seen about the amazon deal. I'd rather get an $18 1600 points card from amazon then to have to drive to Best Buy and probably spend $2 in gas to get that $2 off. Or something to that effect.

[quote name='2DMention']Picked up a 1600 pt card with Halo Reach on it from Best Buy today. $18 instead of $20. Not much of a deal, but better than nothing.

Will probably use it on Guwange and Rock Band stuff down the road.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Went ahead and did it since discounts on points seem to be harder to come by then a few years ago.

[quote name='crunchewy']Darn - wish I'd seen about the amazon deal. I'd rather get an $18 1600 points card from amazon then to have to drive to Best Buy and probably spend $2 in gas to get that $2 off. Or something to that effect.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here! I have Prime so I wouldn't have to wait too long for it either...

Also, either the closest BB is far from you or you get pretty bad gas mileage! :)

I just picked some up from Best Buy. Im not sure what kinds of sales these things go on, but I rarely see Microsoft Points on ANY kind of sale at all. Its only 10 percent, but I usually only spend points on DLC thats on sale, so the ten percent stacks for me.

[quote name='egonpax']Yeah same here! I have Prime so I wouldn't have to wait too long for it either...

Also, either the closest BB is far from you or you get pretty bad gas mileage! :)[/QUOTE]

It's not $2, but it's not $0, and then there's the mileage itself (cars cost a lot more then just fuel cost to drive), the driving itself/traffic, the pollution you're spewing, the waiting in line and the time. That all seems like a pretty big waste just to save $2. If I had a reason to go to Best Buy already it would make sense, but I don't. I'm going to do all my xmas shopping online this year. I did it last year and it was fantastic. I won't go back unless forced too. I do all my shopping online all year if at all possible.

I ordered mine on Best Buy because I dont need them right away. I figure you cant have too many points. You'll spend them or you'll save them, but they pretty much retain their value either way.

The $17.99 Halo Reach cards have free shipping. Mine weren't charged tax, either, though that may differ per area.

Max qty. was 3, so I ordered three with a $5 RZ cert.

I ended up getting a Reach 1600 point card and used a $5 GC I got from WoW for $5 on BF. So $12.99 for a 1600pt card + I'll be using that WoW for a refer-a-friend to get a month of playtime. hoorah?

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Anyone see this family deal on Xbox Live? 4 13 Month Subs, 1000 M$ Points all for $99.99 + Tax.[/QUOTE]

Wish that was around last month when I combined my account with my brother and sister's. After all was said and done I got 20 bucks off and 4 extra months or so. But an extra 1000ms points would made it even better.

fucking best buy

was going to pick up 3 points cards with my $25 gc and $5 rz cert but instead their system bugs out and i lose both thus prompting me to deal with cs and instead of getting them now i have to wait 5-7 for them to contact me back and give me my gc money back and it'll take the same amount of time to get a new rz cert fuck!

now im likely going to miss getting points on sale =(

[quote name='crunchewy']It's not $2, but it's not $0, and then there's the mileage itself (cars cost a lot more then just fuel cost to drive), the driving itself/traffic, the pollution you're spewing, the waiting in line and the time. That all seems like a pretty big waste just to save $2. If I had a reason to go to Best Buy already it would make sense, but I don't. I'm going to do all my xmas shopping online this year. I did it last year and it was fantastic. I won't go back unless forced too. I do all my shopping online all year if at all possible.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I feel ya. Time is money. My time to me is worth more than just $2.

Shoot, if the max is 3 I might as well just order another one. (but of course Amazon will match the deal as soon as I place another order.)

[quote name='Nelo Ice']fucking best buy

was going to pick up 3 points cards with my $25 gc and $5 rz cert but instead their system bugs out and i lose both thus prompting me to deal with cs and instead of getting them now i have to wait 5-7 for them to contact me back and give me my gc money back and it'll take the same amount of time to get a new rz cert fuck!

now im likely going to miss getting points on sale =([/QUOTE]

That's fucked up! stupid BB. And that's the reason I haven't bought anything from them in FOREVER. That and Amazon.

[quote name='Nova_01']I just picked some up from Best Buy. Im not sure what kinds of sales these things go on, but I rarely see Microsoft Points on ANY kind of sale at all. Its only 10 percent, but I usually only spend points on DLC thats on sale, so the ten percent stacks for me.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Fred Meyer's around you, they usually have coupons for Video Game Accessories or general coupons for Electronics. My last 1600 point card cost like $15.96. I could pickup a 12 month xbox live and a 4000 point card for $74.15. Granted, my employee discount helps. :)

Looks like Dell has free shipping on orders over $49...could be worth it if someone finds a decent filler. Does Dell even have fillers? lol

Just ordered one card from BB. This is the first time I've paid anything but regular price for points, so even a couple bucks off was good enough to make me bite.

[quote name='adiras']Just ordered one card from BB. This is the first time I've paid anything but regular price for points, so even a couple bucks off was good enough to make me bite.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I just saw this and even with FREE Shipping I would need to add sales tax which brings it to just 52 cents savings off of the Amazon code with instant delivery. :whistle2:?

I just added 800 points thru the dashboard. I was leaning towards the Noble Map Pack but I just might wait for a DoTW special on anything.

I'm a CAG at heart but $2 off a 1600 is not a deal. I'll gladly pay $19.99 for a code instantly sent to me. (From Amazon screw give Microsoft my credit card number.)

Anyone know if the $45 price tag for 12 month live cards is Amazons regular price or a sale price? Trying to decide if I need to buy now or wait a couple weeks to see what pops up...

Well with the 10 dollar credit they gave us for buying certain games, I was gonna buy it so it would be 35 bucks but now when you try and go to the link it gives you for the promotional credit, it gives you a 12 month xbox subscription for 59.99 then add THAT to your cart making it 49.99....So it's actually more using the credit.

I buy instant codes on Amazon when there are no better deals, that way I at least get 3% cashback from my Amazon card. Would love to see a good deal on points though, it's been too long.

Those of you grousing about having to drive to BB the 1600msp card gets free shipping to your house, not just the store. Unless I'm just special and 'free shipping' only appeared to me.

FYI, the point codes are back down to $18 again on Amazon...glad I waited a few days so I can be ready for Bomberman next week and Fallout: NV DLC/World of Keflings!

[quote name='mnuttster']FYI, the point codes are back down to $18 again on Amazon...glad I waited a few days so I can be ready for Bomberman next week and Fallout: NV DLC/World of Keflings![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I think this is the first time I've seen the codes go on sale, it's usually the cards.

Dunno if someone already posted this, but Amazon has the 1600 Microsoft Points Onine Code for just $17.99

10% off and you get the code right away!

[quote name='Nintendokid54']ugh... missed out again... im only 20 ms points away from getting Earth Worm Jim... :/[/QUOTE]

Join the XBL Rewards club and do the 20 point survey ;)

[quote name='Nintendokid54']ugh... missed out again... im only 20 ms points away from getting Earth Worm Jim... :/[/QUOTE]

Check your PM :D

For today only, Meijer has a coupon for $5 off any item $19.97 and up. Picked up a 1600 card for $14.99, one of the better deals I've gotten on the cards but I live right by a Meijer so may not be good for others as they're not nationwide.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Join the XBL Rewards club and do the 20 point survey ;)[/QUOTE]

You won't get a payout until you get at least 100 points accumulated though. So it would take 5 surveys.

[quote name='RoboPhish']You won't get a payout until you get at least 100 points accumulated though. So it would take 5 surveys.[/QUOTE]

yeah did that... plus even if i did accumulate enough points for MSP its unlikely that it'll come before monday...

Was about to order a BB card with my $5 RZ but I went to print it/redeem it and the site says I haven't earned it yet. Sent off an email giving the date of issue of the cert and I hope to hear back from them soon. I hate to miss out on a deal. Guess I'll just buy a couple more of those fingerhut cards.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Best Buy has the Halo cards for $17.99 still (or again, I dont know if the price ever went back up). Just grabbed myself 2 cards.[/QUOTE]Gone now with the price changes for the sales starting tomorrow.

Forgive me if it has been posted, didn't see anything in the search. Kmart.com has 4000 points cards for $40 plus tax. Coupon KMGIFTS nets free shipping.

[quote name='shrike4242']Gone now with the price changes for the sales starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Damn, looks like I got them just in time:bouncy:

[quote name='dococto']Forgive me if it has been posted, didn't see anything in the search. Kmart.com has 4000 points cards for $40 plus tax. Coupon KMGIFTS nets free shipping.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dococto']Sorry, meant to add that price drops from $50 to $40 when added to your cart.[/QUOTE]

Just tried it and it didn't work. Any other steps needed?

The 20% discount I think you are referring to does work on 1600 point cards though.....

[quote name='Skull One']Just tried it and it didn't work. Any other steps needed?

The 20% discount I think you are referring to does work on 1600 point cards though.....[/QUOTE]

I entered the coupon the website and it looks like the discount applied to multiple cards 1600 and 4000 points. $4 off 1600 points and $10 off 4000 points.

How much is shipping?

bread's done
Back