Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Kmart deal and while that is a pretty good deal. There is something about me paying tax on points that bugs me. Amazon.com, B&M here in NY, I have no tax on the point cards.

So yes, I balk a little when Dell, Kmart, and other places charge tax on physical point cards.

[quote name='Cephiros']I saw the Kmart deal and while that is a pretty good deal. There is something about me paying tax on points that bugs me. Amazon.com, B&M here in NY, I have no tax on the point cards.

So yes, I balk a little when Dell, Kmart, and other places charge tax on physical point cards.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Use code KMGIFTS to get free shipping, but they still are charging sales tax. I'll hold off until they either fix that or something else comes along. I refuse to pay sales tax on points cards and if you live in a high-tax state it really puts a damper on the deal.

[quote name='Cephiros']I saw the Kmart deal and while that is a pretty good deal. There is something about me paying tax on points that bugs me. Amazon.com, B&M here in NY, I have no tax on the point cards.

So yes, I balk a little when Dell, Kmart, and other places charge tax on physical point cards.[/QUOTE]

There's tax? Well damn 10% kind of destroys the deal for me then.

[quote name='puzzlefite']There's tax? Well damn 10% kind of destroys the deal for me then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I ordered one but it was only $6 off instead of $10 off, after tax.

[quote name='Skull One']Just tried it and it didn't work. Any other steps needed?

The 20% discount I think you are referring to does work on 1600 point cards though.....[/QUOTE]

I just tried it twice and the discount showed in cart each time. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. After taxes, my total to Raleigh, NC was $43.09 for the 4000 point card.

[quote name='hufferstl']i missed the 20% off coupon you guys are using, please post is possible. I am blind...[/quote]

I takes it off automatically, KMGIFTS takes of the shipping pretty much

Has anyone received their Halo Reach 1600 points cards from best buy? Mine has been in "processing" for forever. Just wondering if others have received them.

[quote name='crunchewy']Has anyone received their Halo Reach 1600 points cards from best buy? Mine has been in "processing" for forever. Just wondering if others have received them.[/QUOTE]

Glad I didn't opt to have them ship. I just drove to the store which is like 7 mins from me. While I was there I went ahead and picked up 2 more because these deals don't seem to come around very often, and to make it a bit more worth my while since I was there.

[quote name='ticklethis']yeah, its dead[/QUOTE]

Damn. I missed this deal.

[quote name='crunchewy']My Halo Reach 1600 points card finally shipped the other day. Bestbuy.com sure likes to take their time.[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear it, I'm still waiting for mine to ship from the other day. I actually sent them a email yesterday (no reply yet) about it. 6 days to process the order?!?, GEEZ! :bomb:

[quote name='crunchewy']My Halo Reach 1600 points card finally shipped the other day. Bestbuy.com sure likes to take their time.[/QUOTE]Mine shipped as well. If I'd known it was this kind of delay, I would have done in-store pickup and made the time to go to the store to get them.

any deals on xbox live 12 month. With the gamefly sales i have a good amount of games coming in and need to renew my xbox live. I only have a 48 hr trial code, but that wont last

[quote name='bob_793']these are deals?!?![/QUOTE]

when an item is $19.99 (plus tax where applicable) and you're saving $2 for 1 item, it might not seem like a deal to you. But for some people like myself who buy multiples of them, it starts to add up and the savings really kick in. I bought 3 x 1600 ms points=$60 msrp for $54 instead. I haven't seen any other place have them cheaper.

[quote name='rly723']any deals on xbox live 12 month. With the gamefly sales i have a good amount of games coming in and need to renew my xbox live. I only have a 48 hr trial code, but that wont last[/QUOTE]

Just got a Xbox Live notice that my main account expires in less than a month. I've got 2 accounts in my house and the downstairs one is good till August so I was thinking I was good for awhile... :cry: I guess I should have checked more closely when all the ATTENTION prices are going up threads were everywhere.

Best deal i've found browsing around is $48.99 on Amazon for a mailed card.

[quote name='$hady']Just got a Xbox Live notice that my main account expires in less than a month. I've got 2 accounts in my house and the downstairs one is good till August so I was thinking I was good for awhile... :cry: I guess I should have checked more closely when all the ATTENTION prices are going up threads were everywhere.

Best deal i've found browsing around is $48.99 on Amazon for a mailed card.[/QUOTE]
My subscription expired today, and to my surprise there was a Xbox Live offer for $44.99 for 12 months and included the game The Maw in the dashboard (I think it was on the Spotlight area, don't remember).

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I need points. Please advise.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is nationwide but if u have an FYE they charge $17.99 for the 1600 points card then if you have their discount card you get 10% off so you pay $16.19 plus tax for them few dollars savings.

[quote name='$hady']Just got a Xbox Live notice that my main account expires in less than a month. I've got 2 accounts in my house and the downstairs one is good till August so I was thinking I was good for awhile... :cry: I guess I should have checked more closely when all the ATTENTION prices are going up threads were everywhere.

Best deal i've found browsing around is $48.99 on Amazon for a mailed card.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you DON'T have any sort of auto-renewal set up to charge you full retail -- $59.99. Reverting to Silver is not so bad. Play some single player campaigns. Use some 48-hour trial cards. All the while saving you $$$.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Hopefully you DON'T have any sort of auto-renewal set up to charge you full retail -- $59.99. Reverting to Silver is not so bad. Play some single player campaigns. Use some 48-hour trial cards. All the while saving you $$$.[/QUOTE]

That's not the worst way to go.. In fact, I'm doing that solution right now!! I've not had gold for a month now and couldn't be happier finally catching up on Mass Effect. :D

Just my personal preference but i'd rather pay a couple bucks more and not have my CC linked to my XBL account same with iTunes. I don't want to be bored and buy stuff or have the girlfriends kids or company buy stuff without me knowing. All things that have happened when my CC was on my account. Sure they can use up all your prepaid points but at least their is only so much damage to be done.

Edit: Just remembered that all those BF 360 games came with a $10 12 month credit... Tried to use it but they only work on the $59.99 codes not the $48.99 physical cards. I think i'll try to chat with a rep and play dumb and see if I can get one to work on a code.. I've got $30 credit so Amazon is my #1 choice for these either way.

Sorry to double post but bumping as a heads up that a live chat rep can adjust the $48.99 12 month XBL cards down to $38.99 if you have the promo from ordering 360 games on Black Friday. Which a big majority of us here probably did!

I online chatted with the rep "Madhan". They just had me order at $48.99 for a physical card. Then while I waited they adjusted the price down to 38.99 afterwards and I used my trade credit. No tax and 2 day prime, Amazon is a beast! I've never had a single bad experience with Amazon ever.

I was so ready to argue the $10 promo on a code purchase didn't even match their price of the card but no need to.... :D

Just fill everything in and #3 will give you an option to chat.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cont...ml?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510&type=email&skip=true

[quote name='$hady']Sorry to double post but bumping as a heads up that a live chat rep can adjust the $48.99 12 month XBL cards down to $38.99 if you have the promo from ordering 360 games on Black Friday. Which a big majority of us here probably did!

I online chatted with the rep "Madhan". They just had me order at $48.99 for a physical card. Then while I waited they adjusted the price down to 38.99 afterwards and I used my trade credit. No tax and 2 day prime, Amazon is a beast! I've never had a single bad experience with Amazon ever.

I was so ready to argue the $10 promo on a code purchase didn't even match their price of the card but no need to.... :D

Just fill everything in and #3 will give you an option to chat.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cont...ml?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510&type=email&skip=true[/QUOTE]
I got a better deal by having the credit converted to be used on anything and then I used it on an actual card which brought it down to $34. They've raised the price on the card since so I'm glad I did when I did.

I did the 20% off at Kmart thing earlier this week and they arrived yesterday. That is the only deal I have seen in a while.

[quote name='hufferstl']And way to be helpful zenintrude. Everyone loves ignoring posts like yours. [/QUOTE]

No problem, however you may want to look up the definition of ignore.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I need points. Any leads guys?[/QUOTE]

It would take a few weeks but that Bings reward program can get u some free points.

[quote name='zenintrude']I hear that some stores sell them, so maybe try there.[/QUOTE]

I love the ignore feature on the forums here. Click name, ignore d-bag. :D

[quote name='zenintrude']I hear that some stores sell them, so maybe try there.[/QUOTE]

:roll:Great come to this forum to find deals on points cards. And behold i find a fucking Troll.
Thanks for the info you fucking smart A$$.:roll:

[quote name='KillSwitch DV8']:roll:Great come to this forum to find deals on points cards. And behold i find a fucking Troll.
Thanks for the info you fucking smart A$$.:roll:[/QUOTE]

We don't need people coming in here asking for deals... cluttering shit up. THERE IS A FORUM FOR THAT. If people find a deal, they will post it. Honestly, this thread is the worst because it breeds useless posts like yours.

Don't like my sarcastic response?

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

^ yeah but he was asking about point cards. Correct me if i am wrong but i thought this thread was about deals on ms point cards and subscription cards. Oh and you don't want people coming in here cluttering the thread with questions on deals that the thread pertains too. Then why clutter it with Smart A$$ comments (useless comments like yours is what breeds comments like mine) Damn, now you have me helping to clutter it more. i am leaving it at that!

[quote name='TurboPascal']You realize that its only $1.02 less than full retail?[/QUOTE]

With tax it is more that Amazon. But at least he's trying lol

[quote name='HeSaveDave']With tax it is more that Amazon.[/QUOTE]There's no tax on that item.

[quote name='TurboPascal']You realize that its only $1.02 less than full retail?[/QUOTE]That'd make it a deal.

bread's done
Back