Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
look at your receipts and as a caution, be careful when purchasing microsoft points at a retail store. I just bought 3 x 1600 ms point codes (git card type, not in a clamshell) and was charged tax on each one of them and it was $4.95 in tax. luckily I had a gift card but still spent $10.81 out of my pocket but half of that was tax. called gamestop and was told that they are in battle with the government against microsoft in complaints of them charging tax on a digital item like this. don't know where this is headed to. So to the person who said $17.99 wasn't a deal for microsoft points, no thanks to you. This is probably YMMV too.

[quote name='$hady']
I online chatted with the rep "Madhan". They just had me order at $48.99 for a physical card. Then while I waited they adjusted the price down to 38.99 afterwards and I used my trade credit. No tax and 2 day prime, Amazon is a beast! I've never had a single bad experience with Amazon ever.
[/URL][/QUOTE]

Madhan must either be a pushover or an idiot... I had no such luck. The rep I chatted with had no knowledge of the promotion, and I got all the way to placing the order (which he said he would discount after I placed it). He then realized I had to order the code instead of the physical card and wouldn't discount my order.

Oh well, was worth the try. :roll:

Newegg

coupon code: FB10XMAS
$10 off $50

The code works on almost everything, including MS points.

I got 3x 1600 Point cards for $49.97, free shipping, no tax.

Edit: Dead

[quote name='watcher0']Newegg

coupon code: FB10XMAS
$10 off $50

The code works on almost everything, including MS points.

I got 3x 1600 Point cards for $49.97, free shipping, no tax.

Edit: Dead[/QUOTE]

:cry: me so sad. me need points

[quote name='sandman8288']Got my Halo Reach 1600 point card today from Best Buy. Took them long enough.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, I totally forgot about that! I ordered a card on December 1st and I still haven't received it. I checked their tracking information and it says it just got to a local post office yesterday, and they didn't even send it out to their weird shipper until December 9th. Ridiculous.

This is kind of funny, I just checked the mail and nothing from Best Buy. But I had something from Amazon, turns out it's a 4000 point card from my parents for my birthday. Beat that deal! :)

Agreed.. I think I'm going to buy a 4000 point card off ebay now and then wait 14 days to get a 12 month code (ebay cashback). :D

[quote name='jubeininja69']how fast are digital codes sent from amazon? i'm thinking of getting one should i see something i like during the sale.[/QUOTE]

They are insta-codes.

[quote name='intoxicated662']doubt target will price match amazon, as far as I recall no one price matches amazon really unless it's an online website but even then not many do.[/QUOTE]

i think you got it confused, amazon matched targets price this week, not the other way around. target had the price first.

Shame, 4000 points would be the real deal.
It looks like they are just trying to get rid of their $39 12 month cards by upcharging you with point cards.

Considering the amazon deal on 1600 points. Not great, but better then nothing (I have Prime, so free shipping). I wish they'd offer last minute free 1 day shipping for the holidays, but if not I'll just get one for myself and call it a day. :)

EDIT: Darn, the deal is over. Oh well. I'll wait for the next one.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Might have to jump on this. My gold is up in early January, and I've been holding out as long as possible for the best deal. I'll need those 1600 points sometime regardless, so might as well get 12 months for $39 while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem like a very good deal, especially since you're forced to buy 1600 points at full retail. I could swear I've seen multiple $39.99 deals on 12 months going on now, and one that don't require buying something else at retail.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this, but I just renewed my 12 month gold subscription right from the xbox dashboard for $39.99. Best deal I've seen so far. It says it will 'automatically renew my subscription' a year from now for $59.99, but you can cancel at any time to stop this.

[quote name='kitcloudkicker']I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this, but I just renewed my 12 month gold subscription right from the xbox dashboard for $39.99. Best deal I've seen so far. It says it will 'automatically renew my subscription' a year from now for $59.99, but you can cancel at any time to stop this.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen anything like this but I'll keep an eye out. I've just seen $44.99. I know some people have seen $39.99. I don't know if it depends on how long you've been a Live member or not.

So are they days of getting a 12 month gold card for $20-$30 history? My gold expires in April but I would prefer not to spend $40 or more considering I play online like twice a month.

[quote name='Dosia']So are they days of getting a 12 month gold card for $20-$30 history? My gold expires in April but I would prefer not to spend $40 or more considering I play online like twice a month.[/QUOTE]

at $49.99 the lowest we seen was $20 which was very rare but there was alot of $30 deals but with the price increased imo lowest will be at $40 and a rare $30...

looks like most retailer still has $49.99 price tag and we might see alot at those prices for awhile...

I have to say though, at those prices I really don't think I will re-up my service for a year. I like my community of gaming friends but that is kind of a lot, and it leads to spending a lot more on games that are really only good when you are on xbox live.

This I am going to have to consider heavily in the next 4 months before mine is up. If I find it for 34-36 I would even bite on it. 40+ is just too much.

The XBL Gold price hike has me watching out for PS3 console bargains now. :D $30-33 a year was just barely palatable to me. Still, I've got until Feb 2012 to decide. :p

Maybe I just got lucky the past two years but I seem to recall xbox live codes going on sale right after the holidays so I'm gonna hold out until then.

[quote name='PenguinJim']The XBL Gold price hike has me watching out for PS3 console bargains now. :D $30-33 a year was just barely palatable to me. Still, I've got until Feb 2012 to decide. :p[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with owning both systems, I do myself and I use the MP on both platforms, but do realize that there is allot you take for granted on XBL that PSN simply doesn't do at all... (or doesn't do it right.)

[quote name='PenguinJim']They're $250 here. :p And it's not $250 per year, either. ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I own both systems myself, also Uncharted/Demon's Souls/Valkyria Chronicles made up my mind for me.

I haven't seen a deal on points cards yet either, typically how long after Christmas do they start showing up as deals?

Are there any cheap gold subscriptions? I just bought a X360 yesterday and just bit on a 4000 point card (for full price) on amazon...Are there any deals going for gold? I won't get my X360 until Wednesday.

Do you dudes know if there's any way to get around 110 points for free or cheap? Any contests around or anything? The prices on ebay for small point amounts aren't that great considering I can get 400 for $5 on xbox.com

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them, thanks madams and monsieurs.

[quote name='EarthKing']Where do I get it?[/QUOTE]

It's an option they give you on your :360:dashboard. It varies though because my offer shows up for $44.99.

Never heard of Bing Bar before.. I'll look it up though. I actually don't need the points immediately.. I'll need them by the end of January to get the last SSFIV pack.

Also, I too have seen the Xbox Silver dashboard ad.. I think mine is 1 year + 1 (800 point?) game for $40.. I think I'll take them up on the offer.

edit: whoa holy crap! That bing bar might be precisely what I need! Just installed it and it says I have 250 points already.. I'm gonna try to get more! Thanks for much Justin42!

I had an offer to renew on my dashboard for 40 dollars plus a free gift. It didn't specify what it was and I'm having trouble finding any info on this free gift. Does anyone know?

[quote name='feek']I had an offer to renew on my dashboard for 40 dollars plus a free gift. It didn't specify what it was and I'm having trouble finding any info on this free gift. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

People here mentioned that the fine print says it is an avatar prop and it will be sent to your e-mail after purchase.

I think I might jump on the dashboard $40 deal... at first I was planning on waiting another week till my $20 ebay credit came through, but really.. if the best ebay price is like $48 or so, then it's not even worth it. Might as well use the ebay credit on some points or something. :[

bread's done
Back