Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on FatWallet claimed that if you call MS they will offer deals. The dude said he was offered $40 plus 800 points and turned it down, then they offered $29.

It's very YMMV and it may have something to do with trying to turn off auto-renew, but it sounds like the folks on the phone can and will wheel and deal if you have the stomach for it.

For those interested in points and looking to save a $1+cents from current offerings ($18.96 from Walmart):

I saw this on SD. Gamestop has a coupon code (ACC20) for 20% off new accessories. Xbox Live points fall under this category BUT they are currently not in stock. This coupon code expires on 1/2/2011 (this Sunday) so those of you who are interested stay updated.

For me
$19.99 - 20% off = $16
$16 + (8.25%) = $17.32

RetailMeNot has a coupon code for free shipping (GIFTSHIP) but the success of this coupon code working may vary (I googled "gamestop free shipping" and found it there).

I don't know how long Gamestop's items on their site stay as "Currently unavailable online".

Hey guys, this is most likely a huge YMMV but just a heads up. I saw this on SD a while ago (link). Some guy found Xbox Live 12 mo. cards (Halo ODST branded ones) for $34.99 at Best Buy #1423 (San Jose, CA).

[quote name='PhrostByte']Never heard of Bing Bar before.. I'll look it up though. I actually don't need the points immediately.. I'll need them by the end of January to get the last SSFIV pack.

Also, I too have seen the Xbox Silver dashboard ad.. I think mine is 1 year + 1 (800 point?) game for $40.. I think I'll take them up on the offer.

edit: whoa holy crap! That bing bar might be precisely what I need! Just installed it and it says I have 250 points already.. I'm gonna try to get more! Thanks for much Justin42![/QUOTE]

You got 250 credits for Bing for signing up I assume, not MSP.

Ebay's email exclusive deal has the 12 month gold card for $39.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-Live-12-Month-Gold-Subscription-Card/150537910444?_trksid=p1468660.m2000036#ht_2428wt_1189

And a cross-post from slickdeals.net
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=404&t=2519835
Xbox live 12 months for $34.99 at best buy!!!(ymmv)
I found out that Best Best are trying to get rid of the card that show that they cost $49.99 on the card itself. I bought two 12 months live cards that have the Halo ODST pic on the front and they both came out to be $34.99 each. and the cool thing is because they are subscription cards you don't have to pay for tax. the skus for the cards that are $34.99 are
sku:9390045, 9487478, 1216494 The store i went to had about 12 left.

[quote name='PhrostByte']If anyone is going to that store, hook a brotha up. :D

right mission but the conversion ratio is 1:1 (400:400).[/QUOTE]

This is true except for the fact you can't order 250 points so 250 credits does not equal 250 points.

[quote name='mission42']This is true except for the fact you can't order 250 points so 250 credits does not equal 250 points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you need to collect 400 credits to purchase 400 MS points (Bing link).

Oh, and today someone posted on the wiki community board at SDs a link to the Halo 3 ODST branded cards (link). Good luck to those who need one :D

Picked up 2 12 monts cards at Best Buy for $34.99 each They were the ones with Joust on the cover but i think any card that is labeled $49.99 will ring up as $34.99. Was looking to pay $30 or less but this will have to do i guess :/

[quote name='akilshohen']when you purchase the card from Amazon, do they e-mail the code to you?[/QUOTE]

Only if the product descriptions reads "online code" which is usually more expensive than the actual card.

[quote name='AteBit']Picked up 2 12 monts cards at Best Buy for $34.99 each They were the ones with Joust on the cover but i think any card that is labeled $49.99 will ring up as $34.99. Was looking to pay $30 or less but this will have to do i guess :/[/QUOTE]

I picked up a Joust one tonight. Was the only one I could find that still had the $49.99 on it.

Great deal though considering.

Thanks!

Checked out my local Best Buy, nothing but the new 59.99 cards. The current deal is 15 dollars off a 12mo card at Best Buy, so the 59.99 will actually ring up 44.99 I believe.

[quote name='kitcloudkicker']Ebay's email exclusive deal has the 12 month gold card for $39.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-Live-12-Mo...0444?_trksid=p1468660.m2000036#ht_2428wt_1189

And a cross-post from slickdeals.net
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=404&t=2519835
Xbox live 12 months for $34.99 at best buy!!!(ymmv)
I found out that Best Best are trying to get rid of the card that show that they cost $49.99 on the card itself. I bought two 12 months live cards that have the Halo ODST pic on the front and they both came out to be $34.99 each. and the cool thing is because they are subscription cards you don't have to pay for tax. the skus for the cards that are $34.99 are
sku:9390045, 9487478, 1216494 The store i went to had about 12 left.[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience with my best buy. It was the Madden Xbox Live cards. They ring up $34.99 I can pick up some extras if anyone is interested.

Has anybody checked any of the Orlando stores yet? (particularly the Altamonte Springs one. . .)

Update:
Checked the Altamonte Springs BB store in Orlando - nothing but the newer cards. If any other CAGs in the Orlando area end up checking the other stores, keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not anything like as cheap as this, but when I was reading ESPN.com I noticed they've got a limited time offer of one year ESPN Insider, one year ESPN the Magazine and one year of LIVE for $59.99 total. If the ESPN thing is your bag it's a pretty solid deal, I think. I might take them up on it, even though the idea of paying to read sports insights is pretty horrendous when there's stuff like Fanhouse for free... it's just that ESPN's pre-draft stuff sucks me in every year.

Anyway, check it out, and sorry if anyone else mentioned it. I didn't see it in the thread. Cheers!

Thanks to this thread and the one over at SD I was able to get a few cards at one of my nearby BB here in South FL, they had quite a few of them, I picked up Joust and Madden ones, but they had many others all with the $49.99 price on them.

[quote name='tejadab']Thanks to this thread and the one over at SD I was able to get a few cards at one of my nearby BB here in South FL, they had quite a few of them, I picked up Joust and Madden ones, but they had many others all with the $49.99 price on them.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice any other Midway games? The codes for the games that were taken off the Marketplace are still redeemable but I have most of the games already lol.

P.S. A thread like this should be updated daily IMO, because the prices change so fast. If there was still a sale on Amazon I would buy some but they're not on sale anymore... maybe someone who's willing should make a new thread? Just a suggestion.

Just wanted to confirm, there's no sneaky auto-renew on the XBox Live Cards that you buy, correct?

I'm getting an offer for Gold for $40 on my XBox Dashboard, but I'm not sure if I'll remember to cancel a second year should I not want it.

I may try my local Best Buy and then pull the trigger. I'm hoping it'll (Dashboard deal) last until the end of the year.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Just wanted to confirm, there's no sneaky auto-renew on the XBox Live Cards that you buy, correct?

I'm getting an offer for Gold for $40 on my XBox Dashboard, but I'm not sure if I'll remember to cancel a second year should I not want it.

I may try my local Best Buy and then pull the trigger. I'm hoping it'll (Dashboard deal) last until the end of the year.[/QUOTE]If you buy a XBL subscription card, there's no need to have a credit card on your XBL account profile. It won't renew when the subscription runs out, though it will roll over to another card if it's stacked on the account. You can stack up to three years' worth of XBL.

If you renew it through the dash, it will set up auto-renew by default, though you can disable that from your account settings.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you buy a XBL subscription card, there's no need to have a credit card on your XBL account profile. It won't renew when the subscription runs out, though it will roll over to another card if it's stacked on the account. You can stack up to three years' worth of XBL.

If you renew it through the dash, it will set up auto-renew by default, though you can disable that from your account settings.[/QUOTE]

Can you still disable that in the account settings? If so where at because I used to do it on xbox.com but you can no longer do it on there. Tells you that you must call customer support in order to disable auto renew. Its an incredible pain in the ass. Good thing they have my now canceled credit card as their auto renew payment method.

Has anyone with the Family Plan purchased a card and tried to redeem it? When I converted my account and my family members accounts from Gold to Family, MS gaves us 1 month for every two months of gold service left. If I can buy two 12 month card for $35, or even $45, it's cheaper than using the auto-renewal to pay $99/year through MS.

Dashboard is showing 12 months for the price of 4 advertisement, aka 12 months for $39.99. Don't know if anyone else is getting that as well, but check, just in case.

[quote name='Deezul']Has anyone with the Family Plan purchased a card and tried to redeem it? When I converted my account and my family members accounts from Gold to Family, MS gaves us 1 month for every two months of gold service left. If I can buy two 12 month card for $35, or even $45, it's cheaper than using the auto-renewal to pay $99/year through MS.[/QUOTE]

The cards do not work with the Family plan.

Although, you could put the cards on an account not on the Family plan, and then move that into the Family Plan and it will absorb the months the same way.

[quote name='kroberts11']Dashboard is showing 12 months for the price of 4 advertisement, aka 12 months for $39.99. Don't know if anyone else is getting that as well, but check, just in case.[/QUOTE]

I have that ad too.. says it comes with some free avatar clothes.

[quote name='kroberts11']Dashboard is showing 12 months for the price of 4 advertisement, aka 12 months for $39.99. Don't know if anyone else is getting that as well, but check, just in case.[/QUOTE]

They are comparing that to the monthly price of $9.99.

So why not just sell it at the "regular" $59.99 rate and say, "Hey Look! Get 12 months of Xbox LIVE for the price of 6! It's like getting 6 months FREE!!!" :razz:

I'd wait on a better deal away from the dashboard and NOT have to mess with the auto-renewal (on/off) issues.

FYI no "old style" $49.99 Xbox Live sub cards at the Best Buy in Minnetonka, MN (would be $34.99 after $15 discount).

[quote name='yamayama']Did you notice any other Midway games? The codes for the games that were taken off the Marketplace are still redeemable but I have most of the games already lol.

P.S. A thread like this should be updated daily IMO, because the prices change so fast. If there was still a sale on Amazon I would buy some but they're not on sale anymore... maybe someone who's willing should make a new thread? Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just saw this now, no I don't recall seeing any other Midway games cards, but to be honest they had so many different ones that I don't remember all of the ones that they had.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']
I'd wait on a better deal away from the dashboard and NOT have to mess with the auto-renewal (on/off) issues.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Give them a credit card at your own risk, Microsoft charges people without permission. Their customer service is dirty.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']FYI no "old style" $49.99 Xbox Live sub cards at the Best Buy in Minnetonka, MN (would be $34.99 after $15 discount).[/QUOTE]

If you're still looking I grabbed one that I'll send you for cost + tax.

They charged you tax? Btw.. I'm also looking for a card (preferably Joust, but I'll take any) but don't want to pay more than $35 heh heh. :lol:

[quote name='PhrostByte']They charged you tax? Btw.. I'm also looking for a card (preferably Joust, but I'll take any) but don't want to pay more than $35 heh heh. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I looked at my receipt again and the short answer is no tax, my bad.

Any other leads on a good price for a 12 month subscription? The only deal I found so far is Amazon for 44.99 with free shipping. But My xbox live renewal is on the Jan 1st. I am looking to get a code instead of the card shipped to me.

Apparently most Best Buys have the $35 cards.. I just can't get to one any time soon. Also.. the offer on my dashboard says $40 with a free gift, apparently an avatar prop of an Xbox controller.. that sounds kinda cool too.. decisions decisions...

You can get free points through Bing Rewards.. also Redguy: Best Buy has $15 off 12-month cards, that includes both the new $60 cards and the old $50 cards.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You can get free points through Bing Rewards.. also Redguy: Best Buy has $15 off 12-month cards, that includes both the new $60 cards and the old $50 cards.[/QUOTE]

I just went in on my last break to the Best Buy near work. Got it for $44.99. Was that deal online only or something else? I can find any details about the $15 off?

Check out the deals section of the slickdeals forum. The $15 off applied to both new and old cards, since you paid $45 that you means you bought a newer card. The older cards are on sale for $35 ($15 off of $50).

bread's done
Back