Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also picked up a joust 12 month live card yesterday- the arlington heights (nw burb of chicago), il store had a lot of them left. Best Buy now has a digital download card section, so if you can't find any by the xbox 360 games and such, check there...

[quote name='peanut_gallery']Found this on Slickdeals: 12 Months Xbox Live Card for $39.96 @ walmart.com with free ship to store delivery (and no tax, as far as I can tell)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-12-M...=41101707961005554804&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

Would be nice if Amazon pricematched so I wouldn't need to make a trip down to the local Walmart.

Nevermind. I just saw that Amazon did pricematch it:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Mont...JIFG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293898600&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

that amazon deal is pretty damn nice - you should start a new thread highlighting it...

I forget, is there any type of limit as to how far you can extend your current subscription? I don't wanna buy a new card and find out I can't even enter the code.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I forget, is there any type of limit as to how far you can extend your current subscription? I don't wanna buy a new card and find out I can't even enter the code.[/QUOTE]

3 years is all you can have on your account at one time.

[quote name='totoguy']I usually get mine here - http://getxboxcodes.com/store/index.php/4000points.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I ordered one yesterday, and on their website it said I should get the code within 12 hours. It is now 24 hours and I still have not recieved the code. I hope they are legit. I am assuming because of the holiday weekend they are slow, but I do not get the code by tommorrow, I am going to get worried.

[quote name='Xerostomia']Thanks for the tip. I ordered one yesterday, and on their website it said I should get the code within 12 hours. It is now 24 hours and I still have not recieved the code. I hope they are legit. I am assuming because of the holiday weekend they are slow, but I do not get the code by tommorrow, I am going to get worried.[/QUOTE]

That's weird, I didn't have issues with them in the past, codes usually arrived a couple of hours after ordering. Hope it really is just because of the holidays.

Posted the same to another LIVE thread. But if you can find the older printed cards that say $49.99 for a year of Live at Best Buy, they ring up for only $35. Picked some up at the Emeryville, CA store. They had at least 10 left.

Ordered three from Amazon. I had a $15 credit waiting for me but really I owed my two little bros Christmas presents so they'll be getting them late. The three of us were all hurting for Gold anyway and haven't had it in months.

[quote name='Pauler']Posted the same to another LIVE thread. But if you can find the older printed cards that say $49.99 for a year of Live at Best Buy, they ring up for only $35. Picked some up at the Emeryville, CA store. They had at least 10 left.[/QUOTE]

Where were these in the Emeryville store? I looked all around last week and couldn't find them (and of course the staff there were completely unhelpful).

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']hmmm what about the one on MS? with the snoopy game? when do we get that game?[/QUOTE]

I renewed with that deal today, no sign of the game or any info of when I'll get it. Hope it's not screwed up or something.

[quote name='totoguy']That's weird, I didn't have issues with them in the past, codes usually arrived a couple of hours after ordering. Hope it really is just because of the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Got my code last night.:)

Thanks guys!

I just called Xbox billing support and they actually price matched the Walmart deal and credited me back. I received 33% discount and the rep said to call before my Xbox Live subscription cancles for better deals.

Saw a new dashboard deal today, $15 off a year of Live plus Snoopy Flying Ace for free. Not the greatest deal, but not bad either. The game isn't bad at all.

I just bought a 1600 points card at Gamestop with some credit I had and I was charged tax!? WTF is up with that? Is that new, or has Gamestop been doing that for a while?

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I just bought a 1600 points card at Gamestop with some credit I had and I was charged tax!? WTF is up with that? Is that new, or has Gamestop been doing that for a while?[/QUOTE]
Yea, they did this to me last time too. I think if you get the points code printed on the receipt instead of receiving a plastic pack/card, it's tax free.

[quote name='harry hood']Yea, they did this to me last time too. I think if you get the points code printed on the receipt instead of receiving a plastic pack/card, it's tax free.[/QUOTE]

Damn, didn't know that was possible. I just grabbed a card off the rack.

I'm pretty sure this is new, I bought one 6-8 months ago and I know I wasn't charged tax. I'm in Philadelphia, PA

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Damn, didn't know that was possible. I just grabbed a card off the rack.

I'm pretty sure this is new, I bought one 6-8 months ago and I know I wasn't charged tax. I'm in Philadelphia, PA[/QUOTE]
I'm right outside of Philly in south jersey, and they didn't charge me tax 6-8 months ago either.
I actually bought points and got it printed on the receipt a few weeks back and wasn't charged tax.
To my surprised, I bought an actual card a week later and was charged tax. I returned it immediately and just bought a card online

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Damn, didn't know that was possible. I just grabbed a card off the rack.

I'm pretty sure this is new, I bought one 6-8 months ago and I know I wasn't charged tax. I'm in Philadelphia, PA[/QUOTE]

About half a year ago, I had gift cards for Blockbuster in CA and bought $20x2 of Nintendo points and was charged tax. A couple months later, I bought $20 of Microsoft points from the same store and wasn't charged tax.

I assume that the system is automated, so I'm thinking it might be where the cards are created?

[quote name='crushtopher']Snoopy Flying Ace game will come via email in roughly 6-8 weeks. Which is total bullshit, but whatever...[/QUOTE]

There free deals always take 6-8 weeks. I bought 2400 points worth of merchandise on Live in September, and got the points in early November. Signed up for the Family plan when there was an 800 point bonus, which was in late October I think, and got those points in December. The ONLY time I got instant gratification is when I had to call MS about a problem with my account, and the account manager saw my gamerscore and gave me 800 points for the problem. :applause:

[quote name='Brother Daz']gamestop has never charged me tax on point cards, the total has always been $19.99.[/QUOTE]

This has changed recently. Go ahead and try it now. Apparently there's some sort of legal dispute going on, and they've resorted to charging tax on those items.
For the time being, just don't buy your points there. Another reason not to shop there.

[quote name='dragonjud']This has changed recently. Go ahead and try it now. Apparently there's some sort of legal dispute going on, and they've resorted to charging tax on those items.
For the time being, just don't buy your points there. Another reason not to shop there.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy would sometimes charge tax on point cards, but not on the Zune Point cards. I think they have finally fixed it so as not to charge tax on them now.

[quote name='crushtopher']Snoopy Flying Ace game will come via email in roughly 6-8 weeks. Which is total bullshit, but whatever...[/QUOTE]

That's a long time to wait but oh well.

[quote name='MaXx']That's a long time to wait but oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for my Halo Reach helmet from the first promotion. I can only assume it'll arrive after my sub actually renews which isn't for about 6 more months...

[quote name='peanut_gallery']Where were these in the Emeryville store? I looked all around last week and couldn't find them (and of course the staff there were completely unhelpful).[/QUOTE]

Peanut,

They were toward the front of the store on a rack of cards near checkout. You will see some controllers and other gaming stuff on one side, then on the side facing the registers and doors you should find the cards.

[quote name='SteveGo']Anyone else having issues buying points off xbox.com or the 360 itself? I just need 400 but it wont let me buy them.[/QUOTE]

Try zune.net it seems to be the best way to buy just 400 MS/Zune points. They work fine on Xbox and you can buy the small amounts there.

[quote name='TomoyoN']Anyone know if the 10%/12% off coupon from Best Buy works on points cards?[/QUOTE]

Nope....I tried.

Rewards certificates (obviously) do, though.

M$ charged one of my cards with an expired date on it a $59.99 fee on 1/1/2011, as it was scheduled to be automatically renewed on that date. I called and had them remove both the expired card, and the charge on it. Now my account is inactive. Is there an option as a former gold member on the dash to renew for $29.99 and where on the dash is it located? The amazon deal for $39.99 is dead.

Does anyone know if the $10 off of $40 Radio Shack coupons work on points cards? My coupon says excludes hardware/software. I could get 2x1600 for $30.

I was also charged tax on a points card at GS in MD a little before Xmas. Sucks. I should have returned it, but didn't. I'll definitely avoid buying them there until it's straightened out. If it is.

[quote name='Deezul']Best Buy would sometimes charge tax on point cards, but not on the Zune Point cards. I think they have finally fixed it so as not to charge tax on them now.[/QUOTE]

What stores don't charge tax on point cards? I've been charged tax on them everywhere that I'm aware of. The only way I get them tax free is from Amazon or some other online place out of state.

[quote name='Indiana']What stores don't charge tax on point cards? I've been charged tax on them everywhere that I'm aware of. The only way I get them tax free is from Amazon or some other online place out of state.[/QUOTE]
I always thought you were charged tax for clam-shell style points as they were treated like a product but not for gift card style as they are treated like a credit. Some places charge tax on them but I didn't think they were supposed to. Much like Gamestop charges tax when you use store credit from trades which they shouldn't.

bread's done
Back