Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indiana']What stores don't charge tax on point cards? I've been charged tax on them everywhere that I'm aware of. The only way I get them tax free is from Amazon or some other online place out of state.[/QUOTE]The last order I did from BestBuy.com for three cards was tax-free. I think this was the case as well at a Best Buy B&M store as well.

When I've ordered them from Walmart.com, they've also been tax free from there.

I'm in Missouri, for what that's worth.

[quote name='pROvIs']I always thought you were charged tax for clam-shell style points as they were treated like a product but not for gift card style as they are treated like a credit. Some places charge tax on them but I didn't think they were supposed to. Much like Gamestop charges tax when you use store credit from trades which they shouldn't.[/QUOTE]I know that's how they've been in the past for my past purchases.

[quote name='wargod']M$ charged one of my cards with an expired date on it a $59.99 fee on 1/1/2011, as it was scheduled to be automatically renewed on that date. I called and had them remove both the expired card, and the charge on it. Now my account is inactive. Is there an option as a former gold member on the dash to renew for $29.99 and where on the dash is it located? The amazon deal for $39.99 is dead.[/QUOTE]

Mine showed up sporadically. If you're itching to get one today, walmart has a deal on 12 month cards for $39.96. It looks like they're out of stock online, but you can plug in your zip code to check for one in your area.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-12-Month-Gold-Card/11070919?dest=9999999997&sourceid=06473399103297000893&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

[quote name='TomoyoN']Anyone know if the 10%/12% off coupon from Best Buy works on points cards?[/QUOTE]

It should (even though others have reported that it won't). Sub. cards and point cards are considered "accessories" (aren't they?), so you should at least be able to get the 10% off.

If you try and fail, I'd get a manager involved.

I was going to try this, because I do have some RZ coupons to use, too. Either this, or I'll try the $10 off 40 at Radioshack.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a chat pad/headset, BB has them for $20:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Chat+Pad/8508572.p?id=1186005358451&skuId=8508572

[quote name='shieryda']It should (even though others have reported that it won't). Sub. cards and point cards are considered "accessories" (aren't they?), so you should at least be able to get the 10% off.

If you try and fail, I'd get a manager involved.

I was going to try this, because I do have some RZ coupons to use, too. Either this, or I'll try the $10 off 40 at Radioshack.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a chat pad/headset, BB has them for $20:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Chat+Pad/8508572.p?id=1186005358451&skuId=8508572[/QUOTE]

amazon also has it for 19.99 if you go to this page:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1294346225&sr=8-1&condition=new
its just out of stock but they will let you order it still. at least they let me about a week ago.

Best Buy scans the card, then they scan the 10% coupon after you enter your rewards number. The coupon does not work for cards. Manager involved or not.

Wal-mart $39.99 is out of stock. In store price is $59.99

Xbox live dash shows only the family bundle at $99.99

I need a 12 month gold card for $39.99 or less!

While reading the fine print on my coupons, here's a few choice quotes in the Excludes section:

"video game hardware and accessories" "digital music services and download cards"

If you get lucky and get an override, good. But don't expect it. And the moment you think you'll go somewhere else, you're gonna spend more than $2 in gas money.

[quote name='Indiana']What stores don't charge tax on point cards? I've been charged tax on them everywhere that I'm aware of. The only way I get them tax free is from Amazon or some other online place out of state.[/QUOTE]

Just bought 1600 points tonight at gamestop. They didn't charge tax. The code prints out on the receipt, don't know if that makes a difference.

Walmart.com has 1600 point cards for $14.96 and free site to store shipping if anyone is intrested.

I also submitted to Amazon for a price match.

EDIT - Deal is dead - Out of stock now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmzauk']Walmart.com has 1600 point cards for $14.96 and free site to store shipping if anyone is intrested.[/QUOTE]
Saw this on SD, ordered 3 :) No tax and free ship to store.

Since this is also on SD you better hurry up and order before they disappear.

[quote name='redneckokie']Just bought 1600 points tonight at gamestop. They didn't charge tax. The code prints out on the receipt, don't know if that makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

I bought 4000 points and they charged taxs SMH I live in MD. Is that right? I will call corp in a minute.

[quote name='dmzauk']Walmart.com has 1600 point cards for $14.96 and free site to store shipping if anyone is intrested.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Grabbed two. Thanks man. That deal should probably get its own thread.

[quote name='gepet0']I bought 4000 points and they charged taxs SMH I live in MD. Is that right? I will call corp in a minute.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure sales tax is a local call... I have three walmarts within 5 miles of my house. The two in Kansas City proper charge no taxes, the other in a smaller town, charges taxes.

Thanks for the heads up; ordered 3. BTW: For those that use Discover Cards, remember that if you login to Discovercard.com and go through their 'Shop Discover', you can earn 5% cashback on walmart.com purchases. So it's like getting an extra 5% off (if you're diligent and pay off your balances every month - like I do).

EDIT- I am in Virginia, where of course Walmart has a physical presence, and there was no tax applied to the XBL points cards.

Wow, thanks... I just realized I am 40 points short of Case West :)

Already got a handful sitting around from Christmas, but sales on these things are so rare I'm getting 3 from Walmart anyway. Thanks!

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm pretty sure sales tax is a local call... I have three walmarts within 5 miles of my house. The two in Kansas City proper charge no taxes, the other in a smaller town, charges taxes.[/QUOTE]

Hey ARKHAM, just as a heads up. I ordered from one in Overland Park and wasn't charged tax as well.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']A deal on some points would be nice, but it looks like it's something that rarely, if ever, happens.[/QUOTE]

more than rarely.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Points are OOS. Dammit I been needing points for months![/QUOTE]

YMMV but I always manage to get price matches at Best Buy for Walmart.com even if it's OOS.

[quote name='ianoid']When will MS sell Family Gold cards?[/QUOTE]

Doubt they will. It would just confuse customers.

Best Buy matched Wal Mart's $14.95 price on one 1600 point card for me yesterday. YMMV, but sometime's they're nice. Couldn't find the illusive 10% off anything coupon online, not sure if it would stack with a PM anyway.

It's funny how CAG is blocked on all BB demo computers but SD isn't.

Apparently, Amazon is no longer allowed to sell online codes for MS points.

Dick move, Microsoft. DICK MOVE.

[quote name='gbeenie']Apparently, Amazon is no longer allowed to sell online codes for MS points.

Dick move, Microsoft. DICK MOVE.[/QUOTE]

Do we know MS halted the sales on purpose or is just a case of Amazon waiting to get a hold of more codes to sell?

Just got a 12 month card from wallmart.com for $39.96 store pick up... but it says its going to take 2-3 weeks.. Sucks cause my gold just expired today.

[quote name='Thrinn']Do we know MS halted the sales on purpose or is just a case of Amazon waiting to get a hold of more codes to sell?[/QUOTE]

I thought it had something to do with gamestop and there pushing of online codes as they try to diversify out of physical media (at least used) Both the 1600/4000 codes are not available at amazon. But than I noticed gamestop.com does not have either of them in stock either. (I think their listing is for the actual card though)

Just picked one up off the newegg deal. I love buying from them (no tax and free shipping are just bonuses) and I think we'll be seeing straight-up discounts on Xbox Live subscriptions fall off as the year goes on.

I got in on the Wal-Mart deal just before they went out of stock online. Got 2 1600 point cards for just under $30. I just got an email from Wal-Mart saying that the product is on backorder and they would not be able to meet the original ship date. No updated date was given. Only an option to cancel the order. :cry:

[quote name='Daver88']I got in on the Wal-Mart deal just before they went out of stock online. Got 2 1600 point cards for just under $30. I just got an email from Wal-Mart saying that the product is on backorder and they would not be able to meet the original ship date. No updated date was given. Only an option to cancel the order. :cry:[/QUOTE]Did you notice this on the email also

" If we are unable to ship to you within the next 10 days, we will automatically cancel this part of your order, refund your original method of payment, and notify you via email"

bread's done
Back