Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Store away this strategy if you have a Meijer near-by (midwest states). I always purchase point cards this way, unless somebody is just having a stupid sale.

About once a month, Meijer has an in-store coupon (usually in a special weekend flyer) for 20% off general merchandise. The coupon excludes video game hardware and software, but works for Points cards. So, $50 becomes $40. On top of this, Meijer is always dishing-out Catalina coupons such $5 off $35, or $3.50 off $35. I usually hang onto these, and hope they don't expire before the next 20% coupon. So, take $3.50 off $40, and a 4000 point card costs $36.50

I just did this late Saturday an hour before the most recent 20% coupon expired. Like I said though, this situation presents itself about once a month @ Meijer.

[quote name='thedream77']Store away this strategy if you have a Meijer near-by (midwest states). I always purchase point cards this way, unless somebody is just having a stupid sale.

About once a month, Meijer has an in-store coupon (usually in a special weekend flyer) for 20% off general merchandise. The coupon excludes video game hardware and software, but works for Points cards. So, $50 becomes $40. On top of this, Meijer is always dishing-out Catalina coupons such $5 off $35, or $3.50 off $35. I usually hang onto these, and hope they don't expire before the next 20% coupon. So, take $3.50 off $40, and a 4000 point card costs $36.50

I just did this late Saturday an hour before the most recent 20% coupon expired. Like I said though, this situation presents itself about once a month @ Meijer.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame they all closed up in my area. Ah well.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm assuming the Fred Meijer is the same business. Could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Those are different, Meijer is like a Wal Mart whereas Fred Meijer is like a kroger(just a grocery store with some household stuff in it.)

Best I've been able to find right now is WalMart @ $46.54 for 4000 points (online only). They also have 1600 points for $18.96 but nothing special. That Circuit City.com deal was a tease!

Dashboard offer $2 for 2 months. I went back down to Silver around Dec and couldn't pass up this offer. I was able to get two more achievements for X-Men arcade.

[quote name='xCappax']if your sub is up(like mine is today) you can get 3 months + 800 points for free for $13 via Xbox Live Dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Forgot to throw out a thanks for the heads up. I snagged that right away.

That fits my criteria of what I'm willing to pay for Gold. $1 per month, as the other $10 just goes to the 800 MS points I'd end up buying at retail anyhow.

[quote name='aspower']Forgot to throw out a thanks for the heads up. I snagged that right away.

That fits my criteria of what I'm willing to pay for Gold. $1 per month, as the other $10 just goes to the 800 MS points I'd end up buying at retail anyhow.[/QUOTE]

So you will only pay $1 a month for XBL but have no problem paying full retail for points?

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']So you will only pay $1 a month for XBL but have no problem paying full retail for points?[/QUOTE]

I think he was talking about the total package being a good enough deal...

Whether that $1 a month Xbox live was legit, and oversight or whatever, it got my account locked and pissed me off. I won't mess with any of that crap anymore.

[quote name='Jabrim']Whether that $1 a month Xbox live was legit, and oversight or whatever, it got my account locked and pissed me off. I won't mess with any of that crap anymore.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean locked?

I got online last night w/o problems and I was able to buy 6 months for $1 each.

[quote name='javierlp']What do you mean locked?

I got online last night w/o problems and I was able to buy 6 months for $1 each.[/QUOTE]

I could get online with my account but not redeem any points or any other codes for anything, I can only assume it had to do with this $1 a month issue because, nothing else was wrong with my account.

[quote name='Jabrim']I could get online with my account but not redeem any points or any other codes for anything, I can only assume it had to do with this $1 a month issue because, nothing else was wrong with my account.[/QUOTE]

XBLM was having issues yesterday. It was difficult for anyone to make purchases.

[quote name='Jabrim']Whether that $1 a month Xbox live was legit, and oversight or whatever, it got my account locked and pissed me off. I won't mess with any of that crap anymore.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jabrim']I could get online with my account but not redeem any points or any other codes for anything, I can only assume it had to do with this $1 a month issue because, nothing else was wrong with my account.[/QUOTE]

I purchased 5 months/$1 each worth of XBL through that jerky link. I haven't tried redeeming points on the marketplace though.

What kind of notification did you receive informing you that your account is locked?

[quote name='murphyspub']XBLM was having issues yesterday. It was difficult for anyone to make purchases.[/QUOTE]

This is probably what you were experiencing Jabrim. (Gamespot link)

This may be a dumb question, but if you buy the xbox live subscription off amazon, and elect to get the online game code emailed to you, do they email it immediately? I need to renew NOW!

yes soon as you pay you get the code on their site an should send email with same code i bought 4000 points from them 2 times both time got code after i paid

[quote name='Gideon68']Dashboard offer $2 for 2 months. I went back down to Silver around Dec and couldn't pass up this offer. I was able to get two more achievements for X-Men arcade.[/QUOTE]

I would have got that if I could have paid in MS Points. But I didn't want to give MS my credit card info and then have to cancel auto renewal.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']So you will only pay $1 a month for XBL but have no problem paying full retail for points?[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, for the points, I look for deals, but I don't have a problem paying since it's really just a cash conversion. The XBL Gold to me is a scam, especially since the huge rate hike. I could careless about facebook, ESPN, and all that other stuff...I can already get most of that for free with the internet service I already have to pay for (required to even access XBL). So yeah, I have an odd standard. I guess you could say it was $2 a month and 800 pts for $7, or $4.33 a month and 800 pts free. In any event, I know I'll use the points.

[quote name='htown01']I purchased 5 months/$1 each worth of XBL through that jerky link. I haven't tried redeeming points on the marketplace though.

What kind of notification did you receive informing you that your account is locked?

This is probably what you were experiencing Jabrim. (Gamespot link)[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, I went online and saw that XBox live was having issues. I actually called customer service and confirmed with them that my account was locked, this is coming from them, I just didn't come up with it myself.

[quote name='Gideon68']Dashboard offer $2 for 2 months. I went back down to Silver around Dec and couldn't pass up this offer. I was able to get two more achievements for X-Men arcade.[/QUOTE]

I just pulled the trigger on this deal. It only took 2 minutes on the phone afterwards to turn off the Automatic renewal.

New $1 - Month, $2 - 2 Month, $3.33c - 3 Month deals for Silver Members on the dashboard. E3 Spin the Wheel offer.

Can be pre-loaded onto current Gold memberships using the usual method.

P.S - Has anyone who took the $2 for 2 months silver deal the other week, received their xbox reward points? You are supposed to get 10 points for every month (20points), but seems I only was rewarded for one month?

[quote name='LondonGaijin']New $1 - Month, $2 - 2 Month, $3.33c - 3 Month deals for Silver Members on the dashboard. E3 Spin the Wheel offer.

Can be pre-loaded onto current Gold memberships using the usual method.
[/QUOTE]
Wait, you can load the XBLA silver menu to get the silver/new sign up deals even if you're currently a gold member? How?

Nothing I'm aware of atm. If buy has 12 month Gold cards on sale on eBay today there's a decent chance they may put some points on sale again soon. Kinda hoping they do so I can buy a card for my brother for father's day.

Toysrus is having %15 off PSN, XBL, and Nintendo cards. Thats about all ive seen.

EDIT: Thought it was Target. Poster below me got it right.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I need some MS points! Any deals?[/QUOTE]

Starting this Sunday, TRU has all points (360, Wii, and PS3) at 15% off, so 1600 points for $17, probably as good as it gets for retail prices on these.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Starting this Sunday, TRU has all points (360, Wii, and PS3) at 15% off, so 1600 points for $17, probably as good as it gets for retail prices on these.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Good thing I'm going back to Cali for vacation next week. I'm going to stock up on a few since it's tax free there. TN charges sales tax on these -_-

[quote name='dinovelvet']Starting this Sunday, TRU has all points (360, Wii, and PS3) at 15% off, so 1600 points for $17, probably as good as it gets for retail prices on these.[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes! Going to have to stock up on PSN credit. I never see those cards go on sale.

[quote name='Jabrim']That's what I thought, I went online and saw that XBox live was having issues. I actually called customer service and confirmed with them that my account was locked, this is coming from them, I just didn't come up with it myself.[/QUOTE]

I got my account semi locked because of the dollar deal too (bought 3 months)... been on the phone with them all this week and prob next week too. I have 3 years of gold and enough points to last me a few more months so I am not to worried about it right now, its just irritating.

They did not send me a email about it, I only found out when I tried to enter a 400msp code I got in a trade and it would not go through so I called MS and they told me then.

Is this online only? Unadvertised special? Or is it going to be listed in the physical ad?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is this online only? Unadvertised special? Or is it going to be listed in the physical ad?[/QUOTE]

It's listed in the TRU ad thread for next week.

[quote name='COLDblood']I got my account semi locked because of the dollar deal too (bought 3 months)... been on the phone with them all this week and prob next week too. I have 3 years of gold and enough points to last me a few more months so I am not to worried about it right now, its just irritating.

They did not send me a email about it, I only found out when I tried to enter a 400msp code I got in a trade and it would not go through so I called MS and they told me then.[/QUOTE]

I just tried to redeem a 400msp code myself & it wouldn't go through as well. How long are these accounts locked for? I have a gold card coming from the eBay deal yesterday, should I wait to call and act surprised if it doesn't redeem?

[quote name='Javansdaddy']I just tried to redeem a 400msp code myself & it wouldn't go through as well. How long are these accounts locked for? I have a gold card coming from the eBay deal yesterday, should I wait to call and act surprised if it doesn't redeem?[/QUOTE]

They just unlocked my account today, took them 10 days all together (counting Saturday and Sunday). They told me that the account stays locked until upper management calls you and verifies your information is correct. I talked to 3 different people, 2 of which called me. They were all nice about it and never gave me the 3rd degree just said sorry and they will send it up the chain to get it fixed for me (even let me keep the months I bought for a dollar). During the lock I was able to redeem codes as long as they were not points or gold.

Whew you guys got me worried, I did the $1 month thing too (got three I think) but I just added a 4000 msp card code and it went through. Hope I don't have to bother with getting my account unlocked in the future.

Took 20min, got escalated & unlocked. Will think twice about jumping on a "loophole" deal because of the hassle (2 phone calls @ 20min each). Can't find the thread off-hand to give credit, but whomever posted how to turn off auto-renew via xbox.com is a genius and I thank you! Here's the formula (as copied from the original post):

So here are the steps to turn off auto renewal for Xbox live:

On Xbox.com
Go to the account page
Go to Billing Account Information and change the address to somewhere in Illinois
Back on the account page, go to Manage Payment Options
Edit the credit card's billing info to be somewhere in Chicago
Back on the account page, click Upgrade/Manage Account
Under your avatar where it says Automatic Renewal: On, the On should be a link, click it.

You are going to have to click next quite a few times but eventually it will give you the option to turn auto renewal off.
Profit

I did this (using 1060 W Addison Chicago, IL 60613 as the address - some CAGs might get the joke) and it worked. Just remember to change the billing & credit card info back when you're done...

Thanks again to the original poster!

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Whew you guys got me worried, I did the $1 month thing too (got three I think) but I just added a 4000 msp card code and it went through. Hope I don't have to bother with getting my account unlocked in the future.[/QUOTE]

If the code worked and was added to your account then it isn't locked, yet any way. I know I used the $1 a month deal and my account got locked which got fixed after two phone calls.

[quote name='Javansdaddy']
I did this (using 1060 W Addison Chicago, IL 60613 as the address - some CAGs might get the joke) and it worked. Just remember to change the billing & credit card info back when you're done...

Thanks again to the original poster![/QUOTE]

Maybe Fukodome will pick up the tab....

bread's done
Back