Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']Bought 5 months hope I don't get locked. =O[/QUOTE]

Tens of thousands of people did. You're talking about the 5 $1 months Jack Links promo, right? That was a legit Microsoft promotion.

You'd have to do something really stupid to get your account locked or banned.

[quote name='XF Gator']You'd have to do something really stupid to get your account locked or banned.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. A lot of CAGs (including myself) had their account locked for buying multiple months for $1. It's a loophole that isn't meant to be exploited, and the way it was explained to me, it triggers the fraud prevention system on their end. You're not supposed to be able to take advantage of the promo more than once. After going through the process of unlocking my account, it's really not worth the hassle just for a couple cheap extra months. But to each his own.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not true at all. A lot of CAGs (including myself) had their account locked for buying multiple months for $1. It's a loophole that isn't meant to be exploited, and the way it was explained to me, it triggers the fraud prevention system on their end. You're not supposed to be able to take advantage of the promo more than once. After going through the process of unlocking my account, it's really not worth the hassle just for a couple cheap extra months. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did nothing to get my account locked, and the rep. that I spoke with, both times said the same thing and could not explain other than that promo why I got it locked.

I bought a 360 today at TRU that came with the $50 gift card - noticed TRU was selling a 12-month LIVE card for $49.99, with a 15% discount it was $42.59. Sadly I couldn't use the gift card, there's a six hour waiting period, so I have to go back tomorrow to get this -_-

well, i took advantage of the jack link's promo deal and my account got locked. i've spent 3 days going back and forth between microsoft and my bank. they say there has been fraudulent activity on my account, and my account will unfortunately be locked indefinitely. only thing i can do is create a new account. i'm really pissed they can't unlock it. i dont know what to do. i've got 5600 unredeemed ms points and this is ridiculous. i'm seriously considering trading in my xbox for a ps3... not that their system is free of problems. i'm just really upset right now.. dont know what to do

Wish there was a nice deal giving Free MS Points w/ 12-Month Subscription. I'm looking to buy 12-Month Gold & get the 200 MS Points through Live Rewards; but cannot find a really good deal. Best available online is $44 for 12-Month ... no points!! Amazon had the 800 Points w/ 3-Month Card. Wish that was with 12-Month.

The 1600 Points + 12-Month puts the price tag at roughly $65. Anything cheaper?

[quote name='LUCI5R']Wish there was a nice deal giving Free MS Points w/ 12-Month Subscription. I'm looking to buy 12-Month Gold & get the 200 MS Points through Live Rewards; but cannot find a really good deal. Best available online is $44 for 12-Month ... no points!! Amazon had the 800 Points w/ 3-Month Card. Wish that was with 12-Month.

The 1600 Points + 12-Month puts the price tag at roughly $65. Anything cheaper?[/QUOTE]
I believe in may or late late April there was a string of 35-40 dollar 12 months cards happening. Then 2-3 weeks ago buy.com did 2 sales with a 4000 point card between 40-43 dollars.

[quote name='LUCI5R']Wish there was a nice deal giving Free MS Points w/ 12-Month Subscription. I'm looking to buy 12-Month Gold & get the 200 MS Points through Live Rewards; but cannot find a really good deal. Best available online is $44 for 12-Month ... no points!! Amazon had the 800 Points w/ 3-Month Card. Wish that was with 12-Month.

The 1600 Points + 12-Month puts the price tag at roughly $65. Anything cheaper?[/QUOTE]
I believe in may or late late April there was a string of 35-40 dollar 12 months cards happening. Then 2-3 weeks ago buy.com did 2 sales with a 4000 point card between 40-43 dollars.
You may need to wait. Probably by summers end there will be another set of sales. It seems to be a 3-4 month cycle

[quote name='Kismayaz'] they say there has been fraudulent activity on my account, and my account will unfortunately be locked indefinitely. only thing i can do is create a new account. [/QUOTE]

When I first called they said I was locked for life... I did not accept that answer and told her she better go talk to her supervisor. When she came back on the line she started apologizing a lot and said she was wrong and that she will do her best to help me resolve the issue.
Id call back if I was you... you are the first person I have heard say they refuse to unlock.

btw you can still spend your points... just buy anything besides avatar stuff, that way if you do have to make a new account you can still use the stuff you bought.

[quote name='Kismayaz']well, i took advantage of the jack link's promo deal and my account got locked. i've spent 3 days going back and forth between microsoft and my bank. they say there has been fraudulent activity on my account, and my account will unfortunately be locked indefinitely. only thing i can do is create a new account. i'm really pissed they can't unlock it. i dont know what to do. i've got 5600 unredeemed ms points and this is ridiculous. i'm seriously considering trading in my xbox for a ps3... not that their system is free of problems. i'm just really upset right now.. dont know what to do[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's worth getting THAT upset over it. Like COLDblood said, it's not permanently locked. Just gotta get someone who knows what they're doing.

As CAGs, we have to recognize that when we try to pull off these "deals" there can be complications. Did anyone really think you were supposed to be able to use the promo more than once? Really? We knew what we were doing. Like a lot of the price mistakes, coupon stacking, etc. that goes on here, it was a roll of the dice. It just so happened to be a headache in this instance. Live and learn, and decide if it's worth the trouble next time.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not true at all. A lot of CAGs (including myself) had their account locked for buying multiple months for $1. It's a loophole that isn't meant to be exploited, and the way it was explained to me, it triggers the fraud prevention system on their end. You're not supposed to be able to take advantage of the promo more than once. After going through the process of unlocking my account, it's really not worth the hassle just for a couple cheap extra months. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

I recently bought a 1600 point card for my nephew and when I tried to add it to his account it would not let me. I thought at first it was the card, then I thought it was because his parents CC# was expiring soon so it locked his account. Well I try to add the same card to my account (i had an extra one if it worked) I got the same message. This was definitely the Jack links promo because I used it to get 5 months and used his to get 2 (before it locked me out). I called CS for my account and the guy was awesome. After answering all the questions and checking the CC info he did a reset and the code worked 2 minutes later. He also offered to take my autorenew off without asking AND we talked about this falls games for like 5 mins. It may have been the best MS CS call I have ever had. The kicker is I still got the 5 months PLUS my bank refunded me the $5. Now I can only hope it goes half as well for my sister.

[quote name='TimTucker']Meijer has their "Summer Bucks" deal today and tomorrow for $10 off $49.97 and up in general merchandise. Has worked in the past on points cards, will likely work again:

http://akimages.crossmediaservices....ilers/meijer/Coupon/110617ss_401_T2C2_CPN.pdf[/QUOTE]

Very nice.

The 4000 points cards are on sale now for $45.99, though, so YMMV on being able to use the coupon this weekend (you could still use the $5 off coupon, though):

http://www.meijer.com/s/microsoft-points-card-for-xbox-live-4000-points/_/R-148648

[quote name='TimTucker']Meijer has their "Summer Bucks" deal today and tomorrow for $10 off $49.97 and up in general merchandise. Has worked in the past on points cards, will likely work again:

http://akimages.crossmediaservices....ilers/meijer/Coupon/110617ss_401_T2C2_CPN.pdf[/QUOTE]

Very nice.

The 4000 points cards are on sale now for $45.99, though, so YMMV on being able to use the coupon this weekend (you could still use the $5 off coupon, though):

http://www.meijer.com/s/microsoft-points-card-for-xbox-live-4000-points/_/R-148648

It says "exclusively online", but you can ship to store and pick up locally.

I just got back from a Hastings B&M store and bought some 1600 point cards. To my surprise they both rang up at $14.99. No sale was advertised, so this deal obviously very YMMV. So any of you CAG's with a local Hastings store should check it out. I'm going back tomorrow to buy a few more.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I recently bought a 1600 point card for my nephew and when I tried to add it to his account it would not let me. I thought at first it was the card, then I thought it was because his parents CC# was expiring soon so it locked his account. Well I try to add the same card to my account (i had an extra one if it worked) I got the same message. This was definitely the Jack links promo because I used it to get 5 months and used his to get 2 (before it locked me out). I called CS for my account and the guy was awesome. After answering all the questions and checking the CC info he did a reset and the code worked 2 minutes later. He also offered to take my autorenew off without asking AND we talked about this falls games for like 5 mins. It may have been the best MS CS call I have ever had. The kicker is I still got the 5 months PLUS my bank refunded me the $5. Now I can only hope it goes half as well for my sister.[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out. (I'm the OP for the Jack Links deal on CAG and SD)

[quote name='COLDblood']When I first called they said I was locked for life... I did not accept that answer and told her she better go talk to her supervisor. When she came back on the line she started apologizing a lot and said she was wrong and that she will do her best to help me resolve the issue.
Id call back if I was you... you are the first person I have heard say they refuse to unlock.

btw you can still spend your points... just buy anything besides avatar stuff, that way if you do have to make a new account you can still use the stuff you bought.[/QUOTE]

How do you share DLC from one account to another on the xbox?

It works for me on the ps3 when I log into my friends account but nothing seems to work for the 360.

I even created a dummy account on my 360 and tried to use my MW2 map packs from my original gamertag but it but it doesn't work.

[quote name='aznhero913']How do you share DLC from one account to another on the xbox?

It works for me on the ps3 when I log into my friends account but nothing seems to work for the 360.

I even created a dummy account on my 360 and tried to use my MW2 map packs from my original gamertag but it but it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111265
This is as close to gamesharing as you can get, just read the OP.

Xbox 360 3-Month Live Subscription Gold Card + 800 Xbox LIVE Points: $14.99

[quote name='Amazon']Buy a 3-Month Gold Card, Get 800 Xbox LIVE Points Free
Purchase an Xbox 360 Live 3-Month Gold Card or downloadable code and receive 800 free Xbox LIVE points. The code for the points will be emailed to you within 24 hours after you complete your download. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.[/quote]

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-Month-Gold-Card/dp/B000B9RI0K/

Note: Must select ONLINE GAME CODE to get $14.99 price.

My live is about to expire and now on the dashboard it is giving me a deal if I active live through xbox I get 25% off which makes it 44.99 or if I active a card or code from a store i get 600ms points for free. My live is up July 1st. So I bet this deal shows up if you don't renew, two weeks before your end date.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Quoted for the new page.[/QUOTE]

Amazon 3 month code + 800 points is now $20.98. That's $10.98 for 3 months and $10 for 800 points. Still a good deal, not as amazing.

Hope a deal comes along or i'll bite on that Amazon price when the CoD map pack drops next week. Sorry I missed the 800pts/3 month XBL for $15 deal. :(

My live account is set to expire the first week of July. Called in saturday and informed that I wanted to cancel the auto renew. When asked why, I told them it was not used as much and that I was waiting for a better deal. They offered 40% off 12 Months ($35.99).

Not too bad for being on hold for a few minutes. Just something to look into if you are in need of a Gold account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gecco']I don't know if this has been said or not but Hasting's has 1600 pt cards on sale for $15 until July 1st.[/QUOTE]

I checked with my local hastings and they said its regular price. I called to check. Maybe I should stop by the store to see for myself

Anyone see any deals? I didn't realize that my acct expired this week right before I was gonna pick up some of the Deals of the Week so I'm stuck now hoping to wait it out a couple of days in case of a deal. Anyone have any suggestions for even a short term fix? 1 month would do.

[quote name='vlv723']Someone just posted that if you're by a Hastings, they're selling 1600 XBL cards for $14.99 ($5 off). Ends this Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Damn no Hastings anywhere near here wish they did it online as well.... Please rub more poop in my eye it's not pink and oozy yet! ;)

[quote name='$hady']Damn no Hastings anywhere near here wish they did it online as well.... Please rub more poop in my eye it's not pink and oozy yet! ;)[/QUOTE]

There doing $20 PSN cards as well... and that's just extremely rare.

bread's done
Back