Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts in this link detail how one can not only get the 12 month xbox live starter kit for $49.99, but also how one can use the NEWCUSTOMER10 code to get it for $10 less.

There's a deal right now on the Dashboard for 12 months plus 3 months free for their regular $59.99 price. I'm not Gold at the moment, so it might be a Silver-only deal.

So is the cheapest way to get Live to split the Family Gold Pack four ways at $25 each, and then renewing the family plan through extension by using two 12-month cards?

• Family Gold Pack ($100/4 = $25 each)
  • Buy two 12-month cards on sale ($80/4 = $20 each)
  • Remove two members from family plan
  • Put 12-month cards on those two removed
  • Re-add two members to extend family plan for a year

[quote name='MaicoWin']So is the cheapest way to get Live to split the Family Gold Pack four ways at $25 each, and then renewing the family plan through extension by using two 12-month cards?

• Family Gold Pack ($100/4 = $25 each)
  • Buy two 12-month cards on sale ($80/4 = $20 each)
  • Remove two members from family plan
  • Put 12-month cards on those two removed
  • Re-add two members to extend family plan for a year
[/QUOTE]

I've wondered if that would work.

I think that once you remove them from the plan, you can't re-add them for 30 days. I know that's the case with Zune devices - you can substitute one every 30 days. So you'd have to do planning two months out to try to coordinate everything properly.

Only deal I've jumped on recently is doing Bing rewards, 10 searches daily to get 400 point codes. Maybe I'm a late adopter, but it's still worth mentioning.

I'm sitting on 1400 MS points on my account, because I refuse to buy the Rezurection maps which we already paid money for 2 years ago.

I think you can add those 12-month cards to the primary account holder too and it will convert to 2 months = 1 family plan month, but I'm not sure. I e-mailed XBox, but those assholes gave me a canned response about going to the FAQ.

You can not a 3/6/12 month card on the family plan. You have to remove them from the plan, have them add a card or two and wait 5-7 days (can't recall which - but not 30 days) and add them back and your account; you will get 1/2 the time the newly added member has added to the family account (12mos will add 6mos to the family plan. Hopefully they allow you to just add the card to the family account soon.

[quote name='XF Gator']
I'm sitting on 1400 MS points on my account, because I refuse to buy the Rezurection maps which we already paid money for 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that chapped my hide when they were only included with the Hardened edition, which I begrudgingly bought just for the maps...BUT, to be fair, they didn't have to make them available at all and forced everyone to keep WaW. I managed to sell it for enough to cover the added cost of the Hardened which made it worth the effort.

[quote name='GUNNM']Got that 4000 point card today from ebay/buy.com and xbox live keeps saying error has occurred when I try to enter it.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever have any luck getting this code to work? I really want to buy a few arcade games but am having trouble finding any deals for points

under spotlight click on gears of war now in stores and scrool to the right couple of time and youll see get 3 months of gold for just 9.99

also if you bought gow 3 at bestbuy you can have 12 months for 39.99

[quote name='timmaa']Was Silver for about 2-3 weeks, just received and re-up'ed with 1 month for $1 deal.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't give MS my credit card number for any renewable service.

[quote name='Tallkido']under spotlight click on gears of war now in stores and scrool to the right couple of time and youll see get 3 months of gold for just 9.99

also if you bought gow 3 at bestbuy you can have 12 months for 39.99[/QUOTE]

My xbox doesn't show the $10 deal : /. It has "15 months for $4/month" deal instead. I'll keep checking incase the 3 month for $10 pops up anytime.

[quote name='fishphoenix']My xbox doesn't show the $10 deal : /. It has "15 months for $4/month" deal instead. I'll keep checking incase the 3 month for $10 pops up anytime.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing the same, my live ran out but I've got another 2 months until I'm concerned about renewing it. Hopefully we'll get a good card sale here soon..

Thank you anteis24 i just went ahead and ordered one $37.18 (w/tax in IL).. had been waiting to catch something under $40 for the year subscription.

Damn wish I would've saw that deal earlier, my Live runs out right before Christmas. First time I will have had to buy a sub card in about 2 years.

Some people have been reporting 1 dollar for 1 month deals on dashboard lately. I'm guessing it's for silver or memberships ending. My sub ends mid October, I hope a good deal like this happens again :/

I had silver and the 1 month for $1 deal randomly showed up on my dashboard yesterday. I grabbed that and as soon as I did the 3 month $10 deal popped up under the gears of war spotlight tab.

My gold is about to run out. A few days ago I got an offer on the dash for (I think) $47 for 12 months, just today it changed to $39.99. Seems like the closer you get the lower the price :)

My Gold ran out last week also, and I just got offered the $1 for 1 month deal.
I grabbed it, of course, but I can't seem to make the multiple-$1 deal work the way I remember it.

Anyone know how to get more than 1 month for my account when I have 2 other silver accounts on the same console?

Didn;t it involve somehow logging out the silver then logging in my account while I was in the deal screen?

[quote name='anteis24']Ebay Daily Deal has XBL 12-Month for $35 free shipping (+tax in some states):[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate flippers... (not at you)

[quote name='reapersaurus']My Gold ran out last week also, and I just got offered the $1 for 1 month deal.
I grabbed it, of course, but I can't seem to make the multiple-$1 deal work the way I remember it.

Anyone know how to get more than 1 month for my account when I have 2 other silver accounts on the same console?

Didn;t it involve somehow logging out the silver then logging in my account while I was in the deal screen?[/QUOTE]

I forgot all about that stackable thing. I tried it when it was first mentioned, but they must've fixed it quick, because all it did was make my silver account Gold. I think it worked exactly how you described.

Anyone know of any deals? I've been meaning to re-up forever, but have not found any compelling offers, or they were expired by the time I found them. For some reason my PS3 absolutely detests my internet (constantly disconnecting even when I'm running a direct connection) and I just want to be able to watch Netflix on my good TV again.

[quote name='Googer']eBay daily deal on 4000 MS Points cards:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-Live-4000-Point-Card/400245918386

$34.99 apiece, limit 3. Not bad... :)[/QUOTE]

Wow! I haven't seen them that cheap in forever. Can only afford to buy 2 of them though. Thanks!

This is great timing with the Extreme Shopping sale going on this week. I'm going to burn through a ton of points and this will recover all of them plus some extra. :D

What is the extreme shopping sale?

Also, how often to gold sub sales usually pop up? I have been off gold for over a month and figured MS would send me an offer like the $1 for one month, but I have gotten nothing. Pretty much have to pay full price, I think, right?

In for three!

This deal effectively (almost) kills the 5 dollar mark up that almost all XBLA games have had in the past couple of years.

At $35 for 4000 pts we are getting 114 pts per dollar, meaning we only have to pay about US $10.50 for a 1200 pt XBLA title or DLC.

Also TX resident chiming in, no sales tax applied.

They're sold out now so it's moot, but I wonder if Buy didn't up the limit to 5 after I'd posted - I know it was 3 when I did since that's all it let me buy. ;) Even though I didn't need points, I couldn't resist at $35, since the normal sale price of-late has been $40 / 4000 points. :p

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I have gotten nothing. Pretty much have to pay full price, I think, right?[/QUOTE]

No, don't ever pay full price :D Unfortunately, that promo for a $1 a month link is dead. I've read in this thread that some CAGs will get offers a week or two before their gold is about to expire, but this isn't your case. Some have called and gotten a decent deal for a year, I believe $39.99(?) You may want to try that if nothing comes your way.

[quote name='Googer']They're sold out now so it's moot, but I wonder if Buy didn't up the limit to 5 after I'd posted - I know it was 3 when I did since that's all it let me buy. ;) Even though I didn't need points, I couldn't resist at $35, since the normal sale price of-late has been $40 / 4000 points. :p[/QUOTE]

I don't need points either, I still have some points left over from earlier in the year of that 400 MSP text promo :) If a deal comes up, and you have the money, take part in it because you'll regret it later. And the points-to-dollars ratio is pretty good (what Digital Idiot mentioned up there).

bread's done
Back