Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Guys, I'm sorta new to this thread and I don't know if it has been answered yet but is CrazyGameTime.com a LEGIT site? Because they seem to be the Cheapest option for me for MicroSoft points, but the site looks kinda "IFFY" to me. If anyone could message me privately, answer on this post or give me a link or something to a reviewer or the page where this was answered I would GREATLY APPRECIATE it THANKS.

I've personally had no problems ordering from there (total of four codes), but forum policy seems to frown upon discussion of potentially sketchy sites.

Thought my Live sub expired on 11/3/12, but it's actually 12/3/12. Forgot I had snagged an extra month last year. I'll be able to snag a Black Friday deal. Here's hoping for $7 3-month cards or a $35 or less 12-month.

[quote name='tylerh1701']How do people keep finding that site? Just by googling "cheap xbox points" or something?[/QUOTE]
I think it made SD frontpage a couple of months ago or something.

[quote name='honkyjesus']Is this working for anyone else? Not sure if it is going to get axed soon, haven't tried it. DL'ed it, but haven't tried it.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P.../7b31eedf-ab4e-4e85-b80d-01b2e277e151?cid=RSS

If you google "trials origin of pain pack is here", search query within last hour and look for Marketplace entry it is coming up as free. Will post back if it is working.[/QUOTE]This is for a video/trailer, not the actual DLC.

[quote name='Terry_Maganas']Okay Guys, I'm sorta new to this thread and I don't know if it has been answered yet but is CrazyGameTime.com a LEGIT site? Because they seem to be the Cheapest option for me for MicroSoft points, but the site looks kinda "IFFY" to me. If anyone could message me privately, answer on this post or give me a link or something to a reviewer or the page where this was answered I would GREATLY APPRECIATE it THANKS.[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that I have ordered points from them four times. Instant delivery. And codes work.

They are so cheap that no other deals here in the last couple months have been better.

But you're post mentioning them will get deleted for some reason. There is a mod that deletes any posts where they are mentioned.

Thanks for asking/answering the questions about crazygametime.com. I agree with Terry the site looks questionable but no doubt has the best prices for both the points and xbox live 12 mo. sub. I am currently shopping for. If a mod is deleting legitimate posts without any reason, that only adds to the possible shadiness.

Can anyone else chime in with their experiences with the site? Does anyone else know of any other deals going right know?

Can we put up points cards on this thread? I've got two 1600 points cards and I'd like to sell at least one but I don't want to po the mods.

i wouldnt speak about crazygametime...

evidently i pissed off a mod and now he randomly deletes my posts in most of the forums here regardless of the content. theres a seriously weird vendetta going on with that website.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Good or bad?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/728595/microsoft-phasing-out-microsoft-points/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57...o-real-currency/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title[/QUOTE]

The only reason I like the points system is because of exploitable contests where I can get them for free. I personally would prefer to just pay directly through paypal rather than using paypal to purchase points and then using those points to buy what I want. It's gets rid the annoying problem of having useless amounts of points leftover. Ideally they should have both as an option.

What's with the flood of 14 day trial codes on eBay? There must be some promotion out there giving them away, but I bought 2 for $1.09/ea.

They probably expire at the end of Nov or December and don't stack.

[quote name='crunchewy']I need more points. Deal needed. :) Not that questionable one. Looking for legit deals. Come on buy.com/ebay![/QUOTE]
Tiger direct has 12 month cards $29.99 AR $45 before. You can also get 7% fat wallet cash back.

Edit Nm I misread thought you were looking for a sub

My friend referred me to this site, but neither of us have used it yet. I hope it's legit as it has some cool deals on Microsoft Points.

Fast & Free Email Delivery

Your code will be sent to the email address associated with your PAYPAL account. within 1-5 minutes upon receiving payment.

http://www.crazygametime.com/

2400 Points for $22.99 (also having a sale to get $1 off when buying two cards: basically $44.98 for 4800 points)
4000 for $38.99

[quote name='Perfidious Sinn']My friend referred me to this site, but neither of us have used it yet. I hope it's legit as it has some cool deals on Microsoft Points.

Fast & Free Email Delivery

Your code will be sent to the email address associated with your PAYPAL account. within 1-5 minutes upon receiving payment.

http://www.crazygametime.com/

2400 Points for $22.99 (also having a sale to get $1 off when buying two cards: basically $44.98 for 4800 points)
4000 for $38.99[/QUOTE]

It is legit. I've ordered several times from them, so have other cags.

But your post will be deleted. So will this one. Nobody knows why.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It is legit. I've ordered several times from them, so have other cags.

But your post will be deleted. So will this one. Nobody knows why.[/QUOTE]

Actually, we do know why. It's because they have the look and feel of a shady fly-by-night operation. I'm not buying points from them because I don't trust them enough to risk my nearly 10 year old account to save a couple of bucks over what I can get them for from buy when they have deals. I stock up every time they do so I don't have to risk it with places like that. Picked up $200 worth of MSP for $150 when they had 1600MSP cards on sale a couple weeks ago and that should tide me over through the end of the year and well into next year (plenty of time to wait out another sale). Just stock up and keep a minimum balance and you'll never need to buy from less than 100% reliable sources like crazygametime.

For what it's worth, they could be 100% legitimate. And yes, there have been quite a few CAGs that have taken advantage of their deals, but let's be honest we don't know for sure they are legitimate at this time.

[quote name='JohnWayne']A $1 discount? How is that even considered a deal?[/QUOTE]

Because it's better than paying $19.99. :booty:

The good card deals that come by run out so fast - when you need to get one right away even $1 or $2 off is better than full MSRP. Or, take the risk with shady ebay resellers.

[quote name='eastx']Because it's better than paying $19.99. :booty:[/QUOTE]

+1

A dollar off is still a dollar off. You want to pay a dollar more? Go for it. It's not a good deal, but it's a deal nonetheless.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']For what it's worth, they could be 100% legitimate. And yes, there have been quite a few CAGs that have taken advantage of their deals, but let's be honest we don't know for sure they are legitimate at this time.[/QUOTE]

That could apply to anything other than Amazon... let's be honest, we don't know for sure they are legitimate at this time. Wait, I got a counterfeit SD card off Amazon a while back. Correction, that could apply to anything.

[quote name='Tsel']+1

A dollar off is still a dollar off. You want to pay a dollar more? Go for it. It's not a good deal, but it's a deal nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Considering the ebay deal pops up once every couple months and sells out REALLY fast, even a $1 discount is pretty decent on points. Not a great deal, but worth mentioning at least

[quote name='JMusic']That could apply to anything other than Amazon... let's be honest, we don't know for sure they are legitimate at this time. Wait, I got a counterfeit SD card off Amazon a while back. Correction, that could apply to anything.[/QUOTE]

Was it from Amazon or from a seller on Amazon? You can generally trust big name retailers not to sell you illegitimate items. There is a big difference between a stable website that has been around for a long time and one that clearly appears shady that has just started up. Of course anything is possible, but your risk factor is next to nill on "trusted" sites like Amazon. Your argument seems like an attempt to argue for argument's sake so I won't pursue this conversation.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Oh dang. That was fast! Probably from people getting 5 and 10 codes! Did you get 1?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but that's since I don't use facebook and didn't want to bother making a fake account. But plenty of people managed to get codes.

[quote name='angelfly']Nope, but that's since I don't use facebook and didn't want to bother making a fake account. But plenty of people managed to get codes.[/QUOTE]

I have 240 MSP points from a Dance Central game. It say it's for songs, but people in that other thread are using a 'songs code' for other things, it seems. So I don't know if song codes are only for songs or if they're 240 points for whatever. You want it?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I have 240 MSP points from a Dance Central game. It say it's for songs, but people in that other thread are using a 'songs code' for other things, it seems. So I don't know if song codes are only for songs or if they're 240 points for whatever. You want it?[/QUOTE]

Nah that's okay. It's just points that you redeem in order to purchase a song so whether you spend it on the a song or not is up to you.

Those dance central codes are expired. At least the ones form dance central 2 are. The ones form the first one are still good actually. lol eitheir way I would take it ;)

[quote name='angelfly']Nope, but that's since I don't use facebook and didn't want to bother making a fake account. But plenty of people managed to get codes.[/QUOTE]

I'm still able to do it, but I might get lucky every ten refreshes. Fortunately it happened while some items I wanted were still on sale.

Oops. Looks like I can't connect at all now. Oh well, at least I got the two games I wanted.

[quote name='vantheman']Those dance central codes are expired. At least the ones form dance central 2 are. The ones form the first one are still good actually. lol eitheir way I would take it ;)[/QUOTE]

It came from the first Dance Central packaging. Check your PM. Let me know if it works!

What's the going rate for a 12 month and 1 month now? Found 1 x 12 Month and 12 x 1 month Live Cards while cleaning up my drawer. Is there an experation date?

Jump on that eBay auction ASAP -- they usually sell out within 1-1.5 hrs

45 mins in and alrdy 1000+ sold

bread's done
Back