Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, after playing for four hours last night, I'm hooked. I knew the game would be good, but it just does all the little things right. Aside from the great gameplay and the polished presentation, I think the car customization is awesome. The star antenna and the wizard hat had me thinking of Chevy Chase dressed as the Cookie Crisp wizard on Community, lol. :lol:

Again, I'll say it's weird to be surprised to see a game that is well made, not buggy, and actually ready to be released. That's just become so uncommon with new games I guess. Even with the server issues they had the first few days, it was still a smoother launch than most AAA games have.

And to have seamless cross platform play on top of that...it just seems like a super bitch slap to EA and other competitive online game developers that have way more resources and should have been able to accomplish this a long time ago. It's either really high level programming going on here or just actually making an effort...or both, haha.

Either way, Rocket League is going to be huge...like a new Madden. It's going to succeed where a game like Titanfall failed. It's crazy. I played a couple quick matches earlier and there were 135k people playing. It's also the #1 game on Steam right now. Meanwhile, Arkham Knight won't be fixed for months...

I wonder how much of it's popularity was helped by being a PS-Plus game, and how the sales will do after this launch on PS4 since a lot of people will probably "get in" early. I have to imagine that positive word of mouth helped the PC version stand out from the mountain of other games available on steam too.

Markiplier is on it now as well. So...millions of people who may not have been aware of the game have now also been introduced. It's going to get bigger, haha.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKOwgHFkeeU[/youtube]

Have you guys heard anything about them porting it to Xbox? I've only heard that they're open to going to more platforms, but I haven't seen anything else about it.

Also, do you guys think it's better as a PS4 game, or as a PC game?

Have you guys heard anything about them porting it to Xbox? I've only heard that they're open to going to more platforms, but I haven't seen anything else about it.

Also, do you guys think it's better as a PS4 game, or as a PC game?
Here's the latest news on Rocket League that I was just able to dig up:

Might Be Released on Xbox One in the Future:

http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/07/20/rocket-league-might-be-released-on-xbox-one-in-the-future/

Aggressive Plans for both Free and Paid DLC:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/20/9003547/rocket-league-dlc-power-ups-controversy

I'm all for DLC (even paid)...as long as it doesn't give people an unfair advantage. I'm thinking like the stupid avatar clothing/virtual pet type of stuff like horns, taunts, UNDERGLOW, special toppers and antennas, etc. In 99% of games, that stuff has no appeal to me...but for whatever reason, it's just fun in this kind of game.

I want like sad trombone horns or la cucharacha...and I'll pay $0.99 for it. This game is on that kind of level somehow. It's crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for being better on PS4 or PC, I would say unless you're pretty knowledgable of PC specs and regularly play games on PC, I would stick with the closed platform of PS4 where things are probably a bit more reliable.

It will be free for PS Plus until August 4th. PS Plus doesn't carry over the same free titles from month to month like Xbox One GWG does. But the PS Plus game lineup switches on the first Tuesday of each month.

P.S. Nate, Titanfall has always been pretty awesome. I've always thought it was a great game.
Maybe, but in terms of staying power and a thriving community, I've read a lot of stuff about it being a ghost town. Obviously, we can't know if Rocket League will just be a novelty (I doubt it though since it's so unique and with cross-platform play, each community can support each other), but with the attention its garnered already, I'd be surprised to see it die off any time soon.

Professional gaming leagues are already making tournaments for it. It's almost like the game that everybody has been waiting for, but nobody knew they wanted, haha.

[quote name="Matt Young" post="12817860" timestamp="1437436387"]I was thinking you sold your PS4 last year when you got the Xbox One.

P.S. Nate, Titanfall has always been pretty awesome. I've always thought it was a great game.[/quote]

I did. Got a cheap one from Amazon warehouse and had a bunch of Amazon credit so...

Ah, cool. Once you do get that, I'll gladly play online with you if you want.

Nate, I was talking only about quality. Titanfall has a healthy Team Deathmatch population, but most other playlists are empty. Seems like very few console games retain large multiplayer audiences for any extended period of time nowadays.

I've kinda come to the conclusion that the best way to play defense on airballs is to not play the ball, but instead to ram everyone out of the way while they are waiting for it to come down. While they are trying to readjust, it gives you or a teammate an easy line at the ball.

https://www.easports.com/nhl/eashl/beta

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. Beta for EASHL in NHL 16 starts the 30th and runs for about a week. It will use a new menu in 15 to download.
Wow...I am actually very impressed by that. I think I brought up the idea of beta testing online play in sports games like 4-5 years ago, haha. I can't wait to see all the hilarious glitches though. :lol:

Sounds like it will be mostly full, doesn't say anything about them testing playoff or anything like that but in the FAQ it does talk about creating a player and customizing appearance and equipment.  Doesn't look like anything will carry over to the full game.  The EA Access version of 15 does work for the beta as well.

More Youtubers catching on. There's a lot of screaming and sexual tension in this one. So, basically just like our game nights, haha. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXC9s9geAiI[/youtube]

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I love that he just releases the games whenever the hell he wants. I've seen a few reviews bitching about it being the 4th game in less than a year...but considering even if you bought all four of them right now...at full price, you'd still spend under $30, it seems like a silly complaint. This basically turned out to be one big episodic game without really being planned that way.

EDIT - And of course Markiplier already has a video up for it, haha. He really wants to be the king of FNAF.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlSw0OicMII[/youtube]

IMAG06971.jpg

Celebrating our final win of the night. I dove on the ice with 2 seconds left...and stayed there while Magic got into a fight. Brandon started crushing people...then Magic got KO'd...and this picture materialized. :lol:

I saw EA posted this on their Twitter a couple days ago.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=156&v=Fq6hKd3vFZw[/youtube]

If you skip to 2:33 (and be ready to hit pause), you can see the various "player classes", how they're defined, and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I can only hope those remain true and actually play to those traits.

I'm loving it. If you cycle the puck and actually play D, they won't get a shot on. I've been playing D and I've been a +2 every game so far

Just gotta search for Rammer34 , thats how I got it this morning.

Funny thing is, you don't need EA access or even NHL 15 to get it from what a lot of people are saying now. Just have to do the Rammer34 method and you're in.

Just gotta search for Rammer34 , thats how I got it this morning.

Funny thing is, you don't need EA access or even NHL 15 to get it from what a lot of people are saying now. Just have to do the Rammer34 method and you're in.
Sweet, NHL15 can continue to collect dust on my shelf

So far, its pretty fun. Part of it though could he because people haven't figured out how to exploit things yet.

The only thing i don't like are how the hands of the fans are modeled. Seriously, if you take a penalty, look at their hands. They look sooooooooo bad. There's a certain animation where it looks like they are trying to make a thumbs down gesture, and it just looks like their fingers are broken.

First exploit is when on a breakaway, just go back hand top shelf on the goalie. Works every time.

Seond one is, being female, you can't get any penalties that would normally cause a fight to happen. I.e. running into a goalie, grabbing another player with Y, boarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back