Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0AjfcnlL9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SjmjRIpLc

Tried to record a video for Herocade that got messed up midway through, so I'll try again later today.

My order of Superhot VR from that one ebay seller in UK has shipped.  Should arrive some time next week.  I'll have Moss to keep me busy until then.

I played superhot for the first time yesterday and it was awesome. I played it on steam before and liked it but this was like turning the volume up to 11. I didn't expect the free movement to dodge and punch. I'm only a few levels in but it's been great.

Well, I decided to buy fully into the Moss hype. Preordered without even trying the demo. I may be an idiot, but I am excited to give this a try tonight.

My order of Superhot VR from that one ebay seller in UK has shipped. Should arrive some time next week. I'll have Moss to keep me busy until then.
Got my shipping notice too. Did you get any tracking info? All I have is an expected arrival date of March 5-13 with no tracking.
Also, did eBay/PayPal screw you with the conversion rate? When I went to pay, the conversion rate was different and cost me ~75¢ extra. I mean, it’s only $.75 so it’s not that big of a deal, but I was kind of upset that I had to pay a different amount that originally shown

I played superhot for the first time yesterday and it was awesome. I played it on steam before and liked it but this was like turning the volume up to 11. I didn't expect the free movement to dodge and punch. I'm only a few levels in but it's been great.
Be careful to not punch your TV like me!

Well, I decided to buy fully into the Moss hype. Preordered without even trying the demo. I may be an idiot, but I am excited to give this a try tonight.
Moss looks interesting and I need to try the demo out, but I can't justify buying it right now for $30. My general rule of thumb with digital is to wait until it's at least $20 or less. A ton of people are hyped for Moss though!

I really liked VR Worlds London Heist. Haven't completed it yet, but I loved being able to lean out of a truck and look behind me. Shooting and reloading is fun too.

I thought Brookhaven Experiment was broken because of the way you hold the move controller, but I'm thinkkng it is supposed to be like that.

I want more shooting games, so I may pick up some more stuff before the sale ends.

I bought it as well but I played the demo. I heard it's not long maybe 3-4 hours but the demo blew me away. Looks amazing in VR.

Got my shipping notice too. Did you get any tracking info? All I have is an expected arrival date of March 5-13 with no tracking.
Also, did eBay/PayPal screw you with the conversion rate? When I went to pay, the conversion rate was different and cost me ~75¢ extra. I mean, it’s only $.75 so it’s not that big of a deal, but I was kind of upset that I had to pay a different amount that originally shown
The total I paid was $23.74 which appears to be right. And no I don't have tracking # either, in the same boat as you.

I bought it as well but I played the demo. I heard it's not long maybe 3-4 hours but the demo blew me away. Looks amazing in VR.
Where did you hear the length of it is 3-4 hours? I have been googling for reviews and haven't seen anything yet. I'm expecting it to be fairly short though since it's only $30, which is a bit disappointing. I'd rather pay $60 for it if it was 10+ hours.

Moss looks great and the demo was really cool, but I’m going to wait for a sale. My PSVR backlog is way too big to justify paying full price for it. I really hope it exceeds expectations though.

I usually wait for sales, but the games sounds great and I want to support unique VR games, and preordering seems like the best way to do so.

Got my Skyrim PSVR in the mail today and had some fun with it tonight. Now I have to decide what to buy. I got a 15% off coupon from sony rewards for doing the trials and I'm going to take advantage of the 15 back for 100 that's about to start, so I guess I need to fill my cart with 10 games.

I picked up RE7 from gamestop today. I have Battlefront and all the plus games, so this is what my cart looks like so far:

Definite:

VR Worlds

Superhot VR

I Expect You to Die

Thumper

Probably:
Rez Infinite
Shooty Fruity

Statik

Possible:

Catlateral Damage

Driveclub VR

Headmaster

I have a lot of shooting games, so I didn't grab some of the shooters that people mentioned in this thread and I don't plan on getting an Aim anytime soon. Is there anything that I should replace in my list?

Is there anyplace I can get move controllers for cheap? I don't wanna pay $100 for the controllers and I just got the DOOM bundle.
Ditto...I REALLY don't want to pay $100 for the brand new Sony ones if I don't have to. I've been scouring the Goodwills and Savers in my area of Chicagoland to try and find a thrift store that has them.

Any suggestions???

You need Rez, so good.

Got my Skyrim PSVR in the mail today and had some fun with it tonight. Now I have to decide what to buy. I got a 15% off coupon from sony rewards for doing the trials and I'm going to take advantage of the 15 back for 100 that's about to start, so I guess I need to fill my cart with 10 games.

I picked up RE7 from gamestop today. I have Battlefront and all the plus games, so this is what my cart looks like so far:
Definite:
VR Worlds
Superhot VR
I Expect You to Die
Thumper

Probably:
Rez Infinite

Shooty Fruity
Statik

Possible:
Catlateral Damage
Driveclub VR
Headmaster

I have a lot of shooting games, so I didn't grab some of the shooters that people mentioned in this thread and I don't plan on getting an Aim anytime soon. Is there anything that I should replace in my list?

What time exactly are the sale prices over? You can probably tell how much I've bought during PSN sales by my noobishness. 

So Far I bought:

D**k Wilde
Dexed
Statik
I Expect You To Die
The Brookhaven Experiment
Catlateral Damage
Sparc
Carnival Games VR

There's still a lot I'm debating on including the Carnival Games DLC, Rez, Starship Disco, and Archangel. I can't justify Don't Knock Twice when I know I'll buy the physical disc whenever it gets to a reasonable price. 

What time exactly are the sale prices over? You can probably tell how much I've bought during PSN sales by my noobishness.

So Far I bought:

D**k Wilde
Dexed
Statik
I Expect You To Die
Catlateral Damage
Sparc
Carnival Games VR

There's still a lot I'm debating on including the Carnival Games DLC, Rez, Starship Disco, and Archangel. I can't justify Don't Knock Twice when I know I'll buy the physical disc whenever it gets to a reasonable price.
11 AM ET/8 AM PT

My final haul:

Headmaster
HeroCade
I Expect You to Die
Megaton Rainfall
Mortal Blitz
Rez Infinite
The Solus Project
Sparc
Statik
Stifled
Superhot
Theseus
Time Machine VR

wallet.gif

Finally just ended up buying a cart full of games. These should keep me busy in VR  for a while (plus a puzzle game):

Thumper

VR Worlds

Dirt Rally VR bundle

Eagle Flight

Driveclub VR

I Expect You To Die

Statik

Dick Wilde

Headmaster

Expand

Now I realize I spent $101 on this sale and $35 on the last sale. Sony made a smart move discounting the headsets to increase the install base. I never imagined I'd ever drop that kind of money on downloadable content. If even my cheapassgamerness spends that much, Sony must be making some decent $$$. Hopefully supporting PSVR downloads leads to more good PSVR games being made. 

About 2 hours, more like an hour and half.

https://youtu.be/OGBKjFs4ivM
I'm not gonna watch any reviews for spoiler reasons, but I read a few reviews this morning saying it's like 3.5-4 hours. While it's disappointing it's not longer, I didn't expect it to be very long considering it is $30. Maybe the success of this game will show Polyarc that they nailed it and will make a full length sequel.

I have a long ass day today. Got up to go to the gym at 7, just got to work, then have a 90 minute class after work until 6:30. Probably won't get home until 7pm then need to eat, and then I can finally sit down and play it.

I also typically don't play games multiple times, however if I love the art style and environments and gameplay I will. I purchased Abzu for $20 and that game was like less than 2 hours, but it was like playing this awesome artsy movie, and the environment being under the ocean was awesome to me. The sound is also incredible in that game. If Moss is that way, I can see me actually playing it multiple times.

I'm not gonna watch any reviews for spoiler reasons, but I read a few reviews this morning saying it's like 3.5-4 hours. While it's disappointing it's not longer, I didn't expect it to be very long considering it is $30. Maybe the success of this game will show Polyarc that they nailed it and will make a full length sequel.

I have a long ass day today. Got up to go to the gym at 7, just got to work, then have a 90 minute class after work until 6:30. Probably won't get home until 7pm then need to eat, and then I can finally sit down and play it.

I also typically don't play games multiple times, however if I love the art style and environments and gameplay I will. I purchased Abzu for $20 and that game was like less than 2 hours, but it was like playing this awesome artsy movie, and the environment being under the ocean was awesome to me. The sound is also incredible in that game. If Moss is that way, I can see me actually playing it multiple times.
Everything I’ve seen says it’s 1.5-2 hours long. That review even says he beat it in 1 hour 50 minutes. I think 3-4 hours for $30 is fair but not sure about $30 for a 2 hour game. It better be amazing to justify that price.

Please post your thoughts when you get around to playing it. I really want to get it but may wait for a sale if it is indeed less than 2 hours long.

About 2 hours, more like an hour and half.

https://youtu.be/OGBKjFs4ivM
That guy admitted he was paging though the cut scenes and not looking for secrets and still clocked in at almost 2 hours. That's still a questionable price for 30 bucks but the VR tax is in full effect here and I'd say this game is substantially better than Edith Finch, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, etc.

Also, it's easily top 5 best looking PSVR games at this point.

I plan on exploring and watching every cut scene for sure.  I saw one of the gold trophies is for collecting all of something . I'm not a trophy hunter and don't care about them generally speaking, but I do enjoy exploring nooks and crannies of games I love so I may try to get all trophies for this game to keep playing it.

That guy admitted he was paging though the cut scenes and not looking for secrets and still clocked in at almost 2 hours. That's still a questionable price for 30 bucks but the VR tax is in full effect here and I'd say this game is substantially better than Edith Finch, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, etc.

Also, it's easily top 5 best looking PSVR games at this point.

I don't have a problem with a shorter VR game. $30 digital only is a bit more than I am usually willing to spend on digital though, so I will wait for a sale. If this were a $40 or less physical release though I would be picking it up after work today.

Definite:

VR Worlds

Superhot VR

I Expect You to Die

Thumper

Probably:
Rez Infinite
Shooty Fruity

Statik

Possible:

Catlateral Damage

Driveclub VR

Headmaster

Replaced Catlateral with Windlands since Cat was so cheap. Now I'm going to buy Cat separately, but I can't decide if I should add more stuff to make sure I hit 100 this week or gamble on good sales. After buying Cat, I'll be less than 10 away from 100.

Replaced Catlateral with Windlands since Cat was so cheap. Now I'm going to buy Cat separately, but I can't decide if I should add more stuff to make sure I hit 100 this week or gamble on good sales. After buying Cat, I'll be less than 10 away from 100.
Ugh, realized that the 5x points with sony rewards was just about to end, so added Carnival Games and Dick Wilde to my cart, but I kept getting errrors when trying to check out. Now everything's back to full price. Oh, well, hopefully I'll find $13 worth of stuff to buy on sale.

I preordered Super Hot for $19.50 shipped from base.co m. I also just preordered Arizona Sunshine for $19.90 and Fruit Ninja for like $17 shipped.

I preordered Super Hot for $19.50 shipped from base.co m. I also just preordered Arizona Sunshine for $19.90 and Fruit Ninja for like $17 shipped.
Did you have a coupon code or something? These are not the prices I’m seeing. Az sunshine has the biggest discrepancy, showing £21.85 (or about $31.50)

I’ve never used this company before. Never heard of them before actually. I noticed it said free uk shipping. But you were able to get free us shipping?

Did you have a coupon code or something? These are not the prices I’m seeing. Az sunshine has the biggest discrepancy, showing £21.85 (or about $31.50)

I’ve never used this company before. Never heard of them before actually. I noticed it said free uk shipping. But you were able to get free us shipping?
They are cheaper when you add them to the cart. No idea why. I ordered and received a couple games a few weeks ago. They are legit.

They(like Amazon UK/DE/etc.) are probably removing VAT(foreign tax) once you add it to your cart.

Also placed an order for a couple of titles myself. Thanks for the heads up.

For everyone that's buying Superhot, has there been any confirmation that a region 1 release isn't happening at all? I want to grab it but would prefer to wait a little longer if a US copy is coming. 

I would assume someone will release super hot eventually, whether directly or through a limited release. It's a legit good game, no way nobody is working on it

For everyone that's buying Superhot, has there been any confirmation that a region 1 release isn't happening at all? I want to grab it but would prefer to wait a little longer if a US copy is coming.
I would assume someone will release super hot eventually, whether directly or through a limited release. It's a legit good game, no way nobody is working on it
I wouldn't be surprised to see a physical bundle with Superhot and Superhot VR being sold.

I’m waiting on my ps vr from eBay still but I got a good haul this last week.

Resident Evil 7 (game stop)
Paranormal Activity (Best Buy)
Doom VR (game stop)
(PS store)
Superhot
Justice league
Until dawn rush of blood
Battlefront
PS Worlds
Thumper
Tumble
Here They Lie
NBA 2KVR
Carnival Games
I Expect You To Die
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

and a Playtronics Rig 4VR headset (eBay $24)

I went a little crazy, but tax time was good. 15 games, Skyrim bundle, a stand, a Platinum Wireless headset, and a Rig 4VR for about $525 total.

And I’m gonna sell the Wireless headset and the Move controllers to make it a net of around $375.

Just eager to play them all next week when I get everything in the mail. Thanks to everyone for the game opinions.

Grabbed Shooty Fruity before the sale ended, looked cool from the trailer
It's way more polished than the other wave shooters I have, Mortal Blitza and Dick Wilde. Depending on how painful I could see going for the plat. Also, its inoffensive nature can get friends and kids to play without as much guilt.

I hope you already have move controllers, if not highly recommend you keep them.

And I’m gonna sell the Wireless headset and the Move controllers to make it a net of around $375.
Just eager to play them all next week when I get everything in the mail. Thanks to everyone for the game opinions.

bread's done
Back