Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
   Well just got the call from GS that I can pick my 2 Bundles up at midnight, tomorrow. only need $201.58 between the 2  time to trade 3ds and the rest of these Redbox games in

Then I'll get my games at Bestbuy  next day.

order from BB is preparing.  I'm going to at least try it out and decide before I return/resell it.  I hope rigs is good because I love mech combat, but I'm waiting on reviews.  I'm most interested in party games and cinematic mode right now since it seems like the devoted experiences will take some time to come to fruition

I too won one from Taco Bell, but I am very torn. I have no PS4 and my PC is very VR-ready. Desperately want to try out this thing but I have no clue if I want to invest the $$$ in buying a PS4. Any tips to deals? I've bypassed a few of them in the past couple weeks, sadly.
Same here I just won earlier but I sold my PS4 for profit awhile ago. I do plan on getting the Pro though but my budget is kinda tight right now and I prefer getting the Scorpio. Hopefully family will gift me a Pro for the holidays lol. If not maybe I should sell it and put funds on Scorpio.

For people who won, did y'all do the whole enter your code super early in the morning trick? Or did you just put your code in as you got them?

For people who won, did y'all do the whole enter your code super early in the morning trick? Or did you just put your code in as you got them?
I just put mine in like 7 days after I got it and got the winner message. Maybe 10 AM? Shrug. When it said I was a winner I just figured I won a taco or something haha.

I am going to pick up my copy of WWE 2K17 at Best Buy after work and am hoping that they have some VR games out so I can also pick up a few games for VR. I have Batman waiting along with the PSVR now, but would like to pick up EVE Valkyrie as well. I plan on downloading Job Simulator and Thumper or Super HyperCube tonight too. 

Alright, I'm probably gonna sit down and make the CAG psvr community today. Anyone have any clever name ideas or should I just try and come up with some silly pun or something?
Cheap VR Gamers
Harambe lives through vr
The cheapest bunch
The Cheap, the VR, and the Ugly

Or the make vr great again from the post further up

Ok... That's two votes for Make VR Great Again (even if it's not really CAG sounding in name) and equal support for cheap vr gamers. If I don't see any protests by the time I get back from work around 10 est. One of those will probably end up being the name. If you haven't done so already, post your psn name or send angrypolarbear15 a friend request mentioning CAG and vr, and I'll send out the first round of invites tonight.

Btw pretty sure this has been mentioned in the thread before,  but if you did not get to grab Driveclub VR from newegg for 20, if you own the game + season pass which I know a lot probably do since its been on sale for PS+ members for 20 for like forever, the VR add on will only be 20 once it is released on PS Store.

Btw pretty sure this has been mentioned in the thread before, but if you did not get to grab Driveclub VR from newegg for 20, if you own the game + season pass which I know a lot probably do since its been on sale for PS+ members for 20 for like forever, the VR add on will only be 20 once it is released on PS Store.

I don't think it's a VR add-on. It's a whole new title. It will be, however, $19.99, according to the developers - for those though bought the season pass prior to the announcement of price.

I wish it would appear on the PSN Store so I can get my download going!

Ok... That's two votes for Make VR Great Again (even if it's not really CAG sounding in name) and equal support for cheap vr gamers. If I don't see any protests by the time I get back from work around 10 est. One of those will probably end up being the name. If you haven't done so already, post your psn name or send angrypolarbear15 a friend request mentioning CAG and vr, and I'll send out the first round of invites tonight.
I take back my vote for make vr great again. Funny at first but wouldn't be cool in the long run

LOL, I've been on the phone with my local Best Buy store for 30+ minutes trying to find out if they are taking pre-orders. It took them 15 minutes just to find out if they are doing a midnight release or not (which they are not).

Then I asked the woman if they are taking pre-orders and she said I would need to do it through the website. I told her the site won't let me order one so she asked me for the SKU number. After a few minutes, she came back saying that it won't let her pre-order one either and she doesn't know why. Instead of finding out, she was just going to leave it at that until I asked if I could come in to pre-order one. Now I've been on hold for another 10+ minutes.

Edit: After about 35 minutes and speaking with 3 different people, someone finally told me that they are sold out. So I asked him if I could pre-order if I came into the store and he put me on hold for another couple of minutes, then came back and said they are backed up on pre-orders so it would be impossible. I don't entirely believe he knew what he was talking about, but it looks like I won't be getting one.
Stores were never able to take preorder. They will be handing out tickets for people in line for the midnight launch (or morning launch for other stores).

Wow! My BB was completely clueless. It tok almost 5 minutes for a sales girl to realize I was talking about a new Ps4 add on device. She seemed to have heard of it at some point in time, but was comletely clueless about its upcoming launch... and didn;t realize it was only days away.

She asked the store manager if they were going to have a demo unit on launch day set up, and e loked equally as clueless.. askinbg if it was the Occulous not once but twice!

I'm Elite, so I guess we'll just get the base unit since we already have move controllers and the ps4 camera, and if we dislike it for some reason just do a return on it. If we get any games at launch, we just won't open them till we try all the Worlds demos out.

Question: We never bought Star Wars Battlefront, but its pretty cheap right now. Has anyone seen how long or how replayable the star wars X Wing vr mission is? If its meaty and worth replaying with difficulty settings, it might be worth picking up.

I'm hoping we get some full vr game reviews befre launch so we know which titles are full and worth $60, and which are just striped down demos. Bettlezone sounds fun, BUT doesn't sound like it justifies a full $60 title.. super stardust vr might be a better purchase at 1/3rd the price.

I'd also like to know how much content is in Eve. Is it only a multiplayer mission thing, or is there a single player componant?
I don't think any stores will be getting permanent demo units for PSVR. This is the kind of thing that need to be demoed by a Sony rep to make sure it doesn't get broken or stolen and to keep it sanitary.

Anyone know if the re7 beginning hour demo going to work with psvr out the gate?
The RE7 Kitchen level is included on the demo disc.

Tyrok, if you have some time, could you check stores 1120 and 517? Thanks!
Will check these and the others people listed tomorrow. The system was down this morning and I didn't get to it before I left.

Stores were never able to take preorder. They will be handing out tickets for people in line for the midnight launch (or morning launch for other stores).
This is good to know, thanks. It gives me some hope that I may be able to get one. I wonder how early I should arrive to get a good spot in line.

Mine still hasn't shipped from Best Buy and I pre-ordered the second they were available.

Mine still hasn't shipped from Best Buy and I pre-ordered the second they were available.
Same here, ordered on March 22nd which I believe was first day up. My guess is they are aligning ship date with distro centers so no one gets it early by mistake.

I am excited for my PS Move controllers to finally pay off!   haha.    extra value.      also from my PS4 camera purchase.   

It all was worth it in the end. 

i actually love my PS Move shooting games!     

So what's this group for now?
Psn community for CAGS getting ps vr. This way we can all squad up when playing eve Valkyrie or some other multiplayer game. Post your psn name if you're interested.

Also Cheap VR Gamers is in the lead for the community name due to the redacted vote.

I'm not bothered by any of the normal names.

Cheap VR Deals.

VR Deals.

CAG VR.

Cheap VRse Gamers :D

Here's the rest of the requested stock numbers. First is Launch bundle total.

20 - 14/12

21 - 10/10

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

291 - 18/28

1538 - 4/4

188 - 36/50

308 - 6/20

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

532 - 12/16
Could you please post for stores 107 and 104 too? Thank you so much!

Here's the rest of the requested stock numbers. First is Launch bundle total.

20 - 14/12

21 - 10/10

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

291 - 18/28

1538 - 4/4

188 - 36/50

308 - 6/20

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

532 - 12/16
Could you do store 502?

Kind of concerning.. a friend who works at our local BB let me know today they got in Eve and battlezone.. 3 or 4 total copies of each! That seems like an awfully small number of launch day copies.

(Granted, our BB is in the boondocks, but they are supposedly one of the biggest western NC sellers because of the proximity of competition)

Kind of concerning.. a friend who works at our local BB let me know today they got in Eve and battlezone.. 3 or 4 total copies of each! That seems like an awfully small number of launch day copies.

(Granted, our BB is in the boondocks, but they are supposedly one of the biggest western NC sellers because of the proximity of competition)
Depends on the store I guess. Mine got 30+ copies of everything and only 28 PSVRs. :shock:

Anyone know how many PS vr's a person can buy at one time, they didn't say anything about my 2 preorders i have but could I buy a 3rd one if they have extras ?

Saved that Newegg Driveclub price incase I can get a lazy PM at Best Buy
If I already own "Drive Club" will I have to buy this to support VR or will it get patched with regular "Driveclub" or is "Driveclub VR" a gold edition that supports Bikes too?

bread's done
Back