Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there's a chance of it being overighted but just concerning since I used the last of my vacation for tomorrow so I would be here when it arrived. I work evenings and ups doesn't usually come until after I leave and it's not something I want sitting outside all day

Is there a list anywhere that shows which games (if any) are download only and which will have physical discs? I'm struggling with finding out which games I can walk into a store and actually buy this week/weekend. And the online sellers aren't helping - Best Buy didn't add Driveclub to their website until this morning. Amazon barely has any titles. Is Superhypercube download only?

Just got a shipping email for mine. It might come tomorrow. I say this because the tracking details are still blank and it looks like it'll be delivered by OnTrac, whose service sucks in my area...

Any suggestions games that really show off the vr or are good experinces?

I hadn't been keeping up on it all really. Mine is on the way with batman and Playstation worlds.

Any suggestions games that really show off the vr or are good experinces?

I hadn't been keeping up on it all really. Mine is on the way with batman and Playstation worlds.
I enjoyed the EVE Valkyrie demo I played at BB but I would not say it is worth the $60 MSRP. Glad I got it for that $20 glitch price :D

Yeah, my VR bundle still hasn't shipped from Best Buy either. Guess I won't be getting it tomorrow..... :cry:
Mine just shipped out a while ago, after giving me a quick headache due to the payment.

I enjoyed the EVE Valkyrie demo I played at BB but I would not say it is worth the $60 MSRP. Glad I got it for that $20 glitch price :D
I would have liked to have gotten this but I still prefer physical over digital, if it was $10 I would have jumped on it if I caught it but since it's only $20 I'm not loosing any sleep over it unlike some people here.

Is there a list anywhere that shows which games (if any) are download only and which will have physical discs? I'm struggling with finding out which games I can walk into a store and actually buy this week/weekend. And the online sellers aren't helping - Best Buy didn't add Driveclub to their website until this morning. Amazon barely has any titles. Is Superhypercube download only?
VR/VR Compatible Games Out This Week

Here's the last of the stock checks. First number is Launch bundle.

28 - 12/20

571 - 18/28

1066 - 10/20

867 - 2/0

470 - 15/24

1198 - 6/20

774 - 20/24

1120 - 4/6

517 - 4/6

107 - 34/52

104 - 34/46

502 - 8/10

207 - 7/9

896 - 10/10

516 - 8/10

287 - 20/37

Good luck! :D/

28 - 12/20

571 - 18/28

1066 - 10/20

867 - 2/0

470 - 15/24

1198 - 6/20

774 - 20/24

1120 - 4/6

517 - 4/6

107 - 34/52

104 - 34/46

502 - 8/10

207 - 7/9

896 - 10/10

516 - 8/10

287 - 20/37

Thanks!

Anybody have any thoughts on which bundle to get if you already have move controllers and camera?

Is the camera in the Launch bundle any better besides the new shape?

I know the new move controllers have mini charging ports.

The CAG in me wants to get the core bundle and save $100, but money isn't really an issue since I have enough store credit for PSVR and PS4pro.  But I'd rather have the latest/greatest tech, so I think I'll get a Launch bundle if I can score one.

Hmm bestbuy used to have the store # on their website but I don't see it anymore. 

But I guess I'm too late for the stock check. 

28 - 12/20

571 - 18/28

1066 - 10/20

867 - 2/0

470 - 15/24

1198 - 6/20

774 - 20/24

1120 - 4/6

517 - 4/6

107 - 34/52

104 - 34/46

502 - 8/10

207 - 7/9

896 - 10/10

516 - 8/10

287 - 20/37

Thank you!

Anybody have any thoughts on which bundle to get if you already have move controllers and camera?

Is the camera in the Launch bundle any better besides the new shape?

I know the new move controllers have mini charging ports.

The CAG in me wants to get the core bundle and save $100, but money isn't really an issue since I have enough store credit for PSVR and PS4pro. But I'd rather have the latest/greatest tech, so I think I'll get a Launch bundle if I can score one.
Tossed my move controller and never bought the camera. One weird thing is the reports that buying an old move controller increases likelihood that battery is won't fully charge. I imagine both the camera and controller might get a decent upgrade next year but I figure the bundle is still the better deal assuming you pay MSRP for the camera and controllers otherwise.

28 - 12/20

571 - 18/28

1066 - 10/20

867 - 2/0

470 - 15/24

1198 - 6/20

774 - 20/24

1120 - 4/6

517 - 4/6

107 - 34/52

104 - 34/46

502 - 8/10

207 - 7/9

896 - 10/10

516 - 8/10

287 - 20/37

Thank you so much!!!

Tossed my move controller and never bought the camera. One weird thing is the reports that buying an old move controller increases likelihood that battery is won't fully charge. I imagine both the camera and controller might get a decent upgrade next year but I figure the bundle is still the better deal assuming you pay MSRP for the camera and controllers otherwise.
I ordered two new Move Controllers on Amazon last week for $51. Both work fine, but I'd imagine they will have an update to those at some point like you said. The camera I am not so sure will get updated again as soon since it was just redesigned recently.

28 - 12/20

571 - 18/28

1066 - 10/20

867 - 2/0

470 - 15/24

1198 - 6/20

774 - 20/24

1120 - 4/6

517 - 4/6

107 - 34/52

104 - 34/46

502 - 8/10

207 - 7/9

896 - 10/10

516 - 8/10

287 - 20/37

you the man, thanks again. Glad I preordered my store is only getting 2 bundles and no cores lol that's pathetic.

Breaking new deal:  Save over $300 by not buying PS VR because PS sucks at peripherals and supporting them past launch.  I just used a time machine to check out all your future posts:  When are more games coming out for the VR?

Breaking new deal: Save over $300 by not buying PS VR because PS sucks at peripherals and supporting them past launch. I just used a time machine to check out all your future posts: When are more games coming out for the VR?
Breaking news: You're a piece of shit who is just being a dickbag troll right now, delete your account.

Just got my confirmation on my Core unit from Amazon. I've done pretty well with PSVR deals so far, grabbed EVE and Driveclub when they went down to $20. Amazon gave me $100 off the headset because of the Zero Time Dilemma watch disaster as well.

Anyone check the Best Buy lines yet? I was planning on going an hour before.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Anyone check the Best Buy lines yet? I was planning on going an hour before.

There's still 7 hours left. I get it for people to line up for a new system but I don't know about this peripheral. I'm sure you'll be fine going half an hour before

I'm really hoping DriveClub has a day one patch in the works because it kind of looks like a PS3 Racing game in that youtube video.

There's still 7 hours left. I get it for people to line up for a new system but I don't know about this peripheral. I'm sure you'll be fine going half an hour before
That's what figured as well, but I thought I saw someone commenting on getting there early. Like you said, it's not a console and it's also not cheap.

The thing is, not only will people who want one be buying one, but people who plan to flip them and make a profit will be buying them too.

I'm going several hours early and hoping that's early enough.

BTW - my store is not doing a midnight launch so I'm going tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know whether these games will be retail, digital, or both?  I'm guessing they're all digital.

Hustle Kings VR
Sports Bar VR
Carnival Games VR
Wayward Sky
Waddle Home

I'm really hoping DriveClub has a day one patch in the works because it kind of looks like a PS3 Racing game in that youtube video.
It won't receive a patch for that, I'm pretty sure, on the vanilla PS4.

You have to remember that to hit DOUBLE the frame-rate of the PS4 version for VR, sacrifices clearly had to be made. I'm hoping PS4 Pro can fix many of these issues, though. I know the developer has plans for the PS4 Pro version, but it remains to be seen what happens there...

It won't receive a patch for that, I'm pretty sure, on the vanilla PS4.

You have to remember that to hit DOUBLE the frame-rate of the PS4 version for VR, sacrifices clearly had to be made. I'm hoping PS4 Pro can fix many of these issues, though. I know the developer has plans for the PS4 Pro version, but it remains to be seen what happens there...
Makes sense, I just didn't think they'd dial back on the graphics that badly.

I'm also picking up the PS4Pro.

Yeah honestly the only game I'm picking up launch day is Eve because of the price. Between that, the demo, and PSVR Worlds, I'll have enough content to hold off on the rest and see how everything plays out. Seems like games like Thumper and Rez are getting great reviews for PSVR though.

From my understanding that's a no. All the stands that have been in review videos is the separate $50 stand made by Power A. Which I believe is the official Playstation branded one. But I think the Collective Minds one is better and cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Minds-Showcase-Rapid-Charge-Display/dp/B01LYGCK1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476166862&sr=8-1&keywords=Ps+vr+stand
That's a nice stand, but I'm thinking of getting a protective case as well. I found 2, not sure which one to get. The 2nd one is more expensive, but apparently it has more room for cables and such.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/powera-storage-case-for-playstation-vr-black/5464800.p?skuId=5464800

https://www.amazon.com/Industries-PlayStation-Headset-Accessories-Deluxe-Carrying/dp/B01LB4KJ90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476309605&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+vr+case

Seeing the driveclub video has me nervous. That was my big replayable game hopefull but man it is not looking so hot.

Are you locked intonthe cockpit view of can you do a chase cam?

Damn Im on backorder of DriveClub for the 19.99 mistake, now i dont even know if i want it at that price
I haven't seen a video that shows vr right so I say wait until you play it.

On another note IMO Tie fighter was probably held off so it doesn't have to compete with eve.

Driveclub vr is in the demo disc do if you are on the edge like I am, let's try it out first before we write it off. That video was discouraging but I felt the same when I tried eve Valkerie at first by seeing the pixels but was blown away when playing because of the immersion

I'm sitting outside Gamestop, second in line. They only got 2 bundles and 7 core for sale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

I'm sitting outside Gamestop, second in line. They only got 2 bundles and 7 core for sale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
I'll rest easy knowing mine is held from my reserve. But I'll be an angry Annie when I go in and bitch about not getting my 20% bonus on my trade-ins I did today.

bread's done
Back