Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
So what are all the complaints with Driveclub?

I'm sitting outside Gamestop, second in line. They only got 2 bundles and 7 core for sale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Is this for a midnight release?

Yes it's a midnight release but they will start selling them at 9pm. First come first serve. And then at midnight you bring your receipt and pick it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

So I got to my GameStop at 6 pm central. They only got one extra launch bundle so it's mine :)

A guy walked in literally 20 seconds after me and he wanted the launch bundle too. Sorry!

Seeing the driveclub video has me nervous. That was my big replayable game hopefull but man it is not looking so hot.

Are you locked intonthe cockpit view of can you do a chase cam?
I wouldn't be surprised if it's locked to in-car. VR chase cam would be really...weird. I suggest everyone wait till you play the free demo before buying this one, though. I'm a HUGE DriveClub fan, and even have a G29 Logitech wheel to play it, but I'm not likely to jump on this unless the "experience" significantly offsets the massive graphics downgrade.

Here's the last of the stock checks. First number is Launch bundle.

28 - 12/20

571 - 18/28

1066 - 10/20

867 - 2/0

470 - 15/24

1198 - 6/20

774 - 20/24

1120 - 4/6

517 - 4/6

107 - 34/52

104 - 34/46

502 - 8/10

207 - 7/9

896 - 10/10

516 - 8/10

287 - 20/37

Good luck! :D/
Thank you!

Type in VR in the psn store and you will find VR demos to download including the vr demo disc, playroom vr, littlestar vr cinema, and able to buy batman vr among other things

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ps-vr-catalog/cid=STORE-MSF77008-VIRTUALREALITYG

edit: nvm you can find most everything in the store. at least through web browser. lets have some fun tonight!

1 more edit: looks like they are adding stuff in. Didnt see an app that was free before. my excitement level is 100% right now

Not sure if it's been mentioned (probably), but Amazon is selling them tonight at midnight est/9pm pst:

PlayStation VR - Available for Pre-order on Wednesday October 12 at 9:00 PM PDT
PlayStation VR will be available for pre-order starting Wednesday October 12, at 9:00 PM PDT. Due to limited quantities, purchases will be limited to 1 per customer. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

Aw, snap! I just realized the free battlefield star wars vr x wing mission won't be released until it's closer to the moview release. I have a battlezone being held for me and I already installed all the vr apps on psn. Now I have to decide if Eve is worth ponton up for even though it's another early access hame like 7 days to die. The carrier mission looks fun, but for $60 I think it kind of needs a lot more.

Anyone tried a Best Buy yet? Wondering what the lines are like and if we're already too late....

Yea...this isn't going to be a big launch event. Doesn't seem that way. Maybe like the Wii u. Or at least what I remember of the Wii U launch.

Available on Amazon. BB order sld be here tomorrow. Picked up an X box one drive racing wheel from an out of the way GS. No midnight open b/ they will have units in the AM. I think these can be found if you put in the effort.

Got mine on Amazon.

i totally should be waiting to buy this... I have the money but still. Don't tell my fam lol.

I'm shocked I got taxed on Amazon. I thought tax was gone in my state. :/

Well i might as well pay for 1 day shipping.

I was hoping Amazon would be sold out again by now so I could stop contemplating this totally unnecessary purchase.
I ordered it and a part of me is hoping the order is cancelled due to everyone's order being filled before mine,

Do you guys think that stores will offer bundles similar to the launch bundle further down the line? I just cancelled the order I placed with Amazon tonight. I just..can't do it... I literally just fought myself for half an hour and the better half one. I'll be kicking myself If I can't get a comparable deal when I do decide to purchase it.

So I arrived at Best Buy at 7:15ET and was the first in line for the midnight release. I was able to get everything I wanted.[attachment=24045:image.jpeg]

my BB only had 4 launch bundles. came 10 minutes before opening.  doors were open; you could just walk in and pay for one before time, but could not leave until midnight

Do you guys think that stores will offer bundles similar to the launch bundle further down the line? I just cancelled the order I placed with Amazon tonight. I just..can't do it... I literally just fought myself for half an hour and the better half one. I'll be kicking myself If I can't get a comparable deal when I do decide to purchase it.
Even though I see it on amazon right now and gamestop I just cant cough up 500 bucks for something I haven't seen in person. I think the fact that its wired instead of wireless, I dont know, seems like it will be difficult to use, like I always have to worry maybe the plug will come out. Will be upgrading my PS4 to the PS4 PRO so hopefully for BF there will be good deals on both

I'm interested in this but I'll wait till the hype wears down (which I kind of think will be fast) and it drops in price. Hope you guys who bought one today, leave impressions. Definitely interested in hearing fellow CAGs thoughts.

Pretty fun night!    I think this will do really well!   I got my Launch Bundle at gamestop and their available stock sold out quickly.   Once I paid for my ticket I went over to Best Buy to get the games I wanted (gcu!).   There was at least 20 people in line at BB.  And some of the people were even buying 2 launch bundles.  They let everyone in around 1030 to buy what they needed but wouldn't let you leave till midnight.   So it was enjoyable sitting around with fellow gamers talking about how excited we were.

Now to decide if I want to try this bad boy out or get some sleep.  Have to be at work in 5 hours.

I hope some of these VR games give me nausea.  The vomiting would help lose some weight!

First impressions after 30 min. The low pixel count makes certain text hard to read. The vr 360 videos were slightly underwhelming with the pixel count in mind but pretty neat. Played a little bit of eve. Cool but now I'm getting just a little dizzy after playing it longer than the best buy demo. Not feeling any remorse and I'm happy with my purchase. Gonna jump in the demos now

That's a nice stand, but I'm thinking of getting a protective case as well. I found 2, not sure which one to get. The 2nd one is more expensive, but apparently it has more room for cables and such.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/powera-storage-case-for-playstation-vr-black/5464800.p?skuId=5464800

https://www.amazon.com/Industries-PlayStation-Headset-Accessories-Deluxe-Carrying/dp/B01LB4KJ90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476309605&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+vr+case
I understand why some might want a case. Mine isnt something i move after hooking up. I even cleared off the top of a desk for the processor unit and a stand for the hmd.

Anyone know if this would be eligible for a 30 day return (elite) at bestbuy like other tech items? Or would this be non returnable if opened? Especially since it has software that would be opened inside? I don't plan to return it, but I'd like the option if it nauseates me too much. I'd call but they're closed at the moment.

Anyone know if this would be eligible for a 30 day return (elite) at bestbuy like other tech items? Or would this be non returnable if opened? Especially since it has software that would be opened inside? I don't plan to return it, but I'd like the option if it nauseates me too much. I'd call but they're closed at the moment.
I'm wondering the same. If it makes a difference I plan to try it out but leave the games in shrink, no big deal as the demo disc at least is a free download anyway. Haven't actually gotten a chance to use PSVR yet so I'm worried it might make me nauseous. If anyone finds out post please!

Hopefully the demand is still high and supply constraint by the time my taco bell bundle comes in so I could profit by selling it and buy something else I want.  I tried it and it just isn't for me and I think VR gimmick this generation once again won't catch on like previous VR in past generations.

I've been nervous about opening mine for the same reason. There was a post on reddit and neogaf claiming best buy (canada) sent out an email saying they couldn't come back open. I'm a little worried psvr won't play nice with my desk set up.

I asked the guys at the midnight event tonight if it would be okay to return if I opened it and it didn't work right at my desk. They said I would be fine. So perhaps it is just a launch bundle thing (I bought the core), or a canada thing. Or the guys at best buy tonight really didn't know and just spit out the regular return policy. It is making me really nervous to open it and set it up. So I'm waiting to see if others that play at a desk have issues.

I guess it was easy to get on launch day after all. Game over for resellers.

Is that what it is? Low Pixel count. I'm enjoying the VR experience so far but I've only dabbled in Playroom VR while Eve Valkyrie downloads. I played a match of Overwatch and watched an anime episode on netflix. I'm enjoying it but I'm guessing the low pixel count kind of hinders the experience. It reminds me of the days of playing playstation 2 on my old phat dinosaur TV. 

I'm surprised how comfortable the headset is especially with the glasses on but I need to hit the sweet spot to get optimal focus and not fog up my glasses. Playing this so far does want me to pick up Until Dawn Rush of Blood though.

I've been nervous about opening mine for the same reason. There was a post on reddit and neogaf claiming best buy (canada) sent out an email saying they couldn't come back open. I'm a little worried psvr won't play nice with my desk set up.

I asked the guys at the midnight event tonight if it would be okay to return if I opened it and it didn't work right at my desk. They said I would be fine. So perhaps it is just a launch bundle thing (I bought the core), or a canada thing. Or the guys at best buy tonight really didn't know and just spit out the regular return policy. It is making me really nervous to open it and set it up. So I'm waiting to see if others that play at a desk have issues.
When I worked at Best Buy a few years ago we would take back consoles that included games if they were open. I just returned an open gears console to Target a few days ago because it came with a giant scratch on the bottom of it. Microsoft and their amazing QC! But it shouldn't be an issue if you don't want it. Their return policy clearly states that it can be returned if it's opened, anyone that tries to deny the return is just being an ass. Unless you return everything you buy, haha. Then that's fishy.

bread's done
Back