Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my shipment wasn't picked up when it should have been (?) according to UPS so now it will arrive on Friday instead. Yay............

On topic so far I have Arkham VR, VR Worlds and Future Live VR.

When I worked at Best Buy a few years ago we would take back consoles that included games if they were open. I just returned an open gears console to Target a few days ago because it came with a giant scratch on the bottom of it. Microsoft and their amazing QC! But it shouldn't be an issue if you don't want it. Their return policy clearly states that it can be returned if it's opened, anyone that tries to deny the return is just being an ass. Unless you return everything you buy, haha. Then that's fishy.
Is that the red console, you sure that wasn't part of the design? :lol:

I woke up early today to head to Best Buy and hopefully be the first person in line.  But now I see a bunch of sites (bestbuy, amazon, gamestop) all show it as in stock and can be ordered online.

Now I don't know what to do.  My worry with ordering one online is that it could end up getting cancelled due to backorder, then I will have missed my opportunity to pick one up at the store this morning.

wow drive club vr gave me a headache.  i didn't believe it but it's true

i could only finish one lap and had to quit that. glad i tried out the demo and didn't go all in

Hopefully the demand is still high and supply constraint by the time my taco bell bundle comes in so I could profit by selling it and buy something else I want. I tried it and it just isn't for me and I think VR gimmick this generation once again won't catch on like previous VR in past generations.
If you won it, any price you sell it for would still be profit. You could sell it for $50-100 lower than retail and still make good money.

6:10am and just spoke to the store manager. He said they got 50-60 bundles in so I guess I'll be getting one.

He seemed pretty surprised that I arrived so early. Can't say that I blame him.

I asked if they would be giving out tickets. He said only if the line is really long, which makes sense.

I should also mention that I have been here since 5am and I'm still the only one here. Guess I really misunderstood the demand for this thing.

Funny thing... I have been waiting in my car since I am the only one here. At 5:55am, another guy walked up to the door and stood outside, so I figured he must be waiting for one too and I would have to get in line now. Turned out he was just the cleaning guy and was waiting for someone to let him in.

6:10am and just spoke to the store manager. He said they got 50-60 bundles in so I guess I'll be getting one.

He seemed pretty surprised that I arrived so early. Can't say that I blame him.

I asked if they would be giving out tickets. He said only if the line is really long, which makes sense.

I should also mention that I have been here since 5am and I'm still the only one here. Guess I really misunderstood the demand for this thing.
I was the loser who got in line for an iphone WAY too early this year for an iphone 7...

I guess it was easy to get on launch day after all. Game over for resellers.
It's been in stock for over 6 hours at Amazon and Best Buy yet people are still buying them on eBay for an average of $650. Not much profit after eBay fees, PayPal, and shipping but I don't know why these people aren't looking anywhere but eBay.

It's been in stock for over 6 hours at Amazon and Best Buy yet people are still buying them on eBay for an average of $650. Not much profit after eBay fees, PayPal, and shipping but I don't know why these people aren't looking anywhere but eBay.
If there is one thing I've learned over the years about buyers on ebay, it's that a lot of them are idiots and often times pay more than they need to.

The store I'm picking up a PSVR from had 6 allocated to it and I walked in at 5PM on preorder day and got the 3rd one.

My suggestion when playing it for the first time is to relax take it in.    It is easy to be blown away by the environment your eyes are moving around taking it all in staring focusing etc.  Doing more work than the eye muscles have seen in a minute.     leading to a tired feeling so IMo try to relax

Lol! What was the supply and demand like for that? Did a lot of people show up eventually?
It was really pathetic. When I got the 6 and 6plus the line was huge at my att store. This year maybe 15 by opening. I was first in line this year. Got my wife her phone it I was ticked off cuz they didn't send out any 7plus models to the store.

That sucks. Gotta get the plus. I have the 6 plus and I love it.

On topic, does anyone know if Target stores took preorders? Considering going there since they open earlier.

It was really pathetic. When I got the 6 and 6plus the line was huge at my att store. This year maybe 15 by opening. I was first in line this year. Got my wife her phone it I was ticked off cuz they didn't send out any 7plus models to the store.
THis is why you preorder online.

That sucks. Gotta get the plus. I have the 6 plus and I love it.
On topic, does anyone know if Target stores took preorders? Considering going there since they open earlier.
I know the Targets in my district didn't take in store preorders because the majority of the stores only received 2 launch bundles and 2 core sets.

Hmm if you had to only choose one would you guys rather get a 4k TV or the vr headset.. On the one hand I know vr is a totally new experience but I've also tried it with the Samsung phones and wasn't impressed by screen quality and I think Samsung has better screens than this vr oled 2560x1440 vs oled 1920x1080...also seems most games out now are more of a demo so I'm wondering in then if they'll bail out on this too like they did the vita .. Let me know what you think thanks so much:).. Also wondering if there's a place where you can try it.. I know Microsoft was demoing some kind of vr at the Microsoft store the other day. Would be nice to try ps vr before buying.

Hmm if you had to only choose one would you guys rather get a 4k TV or the vr headset.. On the one hand I know vr is a totally new experience but I've also tried it with the Samsung phones and wasn't impressed by screen quality and I think Samsung has better screens than this vr oled 2560x1440 vs oled 1920x1080...also seems most games out now are more of a demo so I'm wondering in then if they'll bail out on this too like they did the vita .. Let me know what you think thanks so much:).. Also wondering if there's a place where you can try it.. I know Microsoft was demoing some kind of vr at the Microsoft store the other day. Would be nice to try ps vr before buying.
I canceled my pre-order a few weeks ago because of the same thoughts. I just can't justify spending 500+ on select games that may only capture my attention for a few hours. Might get one in the future, but I'll let others take that risk for me first.

Select bestbuy locations have PSVR demo areas at certain days/times. Check their website to see if you have one close to you.

I would rather go with a new 4k tv as my main gaming experiences will be enjoyed via traditional gaming rather than VR. Those are just my opinions though. If I had extra cash to burn I'd get one.

Anyone that's been at a midnight retail location or this morning as well, can you confirm or deny Eve Valkyrie being available ANYWHERE? Only place I've seen a retail release to preorder was amazon...

Anyone that's been at a midnight retail location or this morning as well, can you confirm or deny Eve Valkyrie being available ANYWHERE? Only place I've seen a retail release to preorder was amazon...
I saw a stack of physical retail copies Eve at two separate BBY midnight locations, readily available.

Just a reminder (again) to join the Cheap VR Gamers community on ps4, especially since I see a lot of people are picking up rigs and eve Valkyrie.

The Best Buy I went too at midnight had them in stock, I picked up a copy.

I would go with a psvr myself in that scenario. Mostly because........

I would get more use out of it now and in the near future. 4k would be nice but console gaming hasnt caught up to it and with like the ps4pro coming out it will still be a while before more developers release updates and release upcoming games that will use the HDR or increased resolution. Hell 4k gaming on a console really wont take off till the next gen of systems anyway. Since 4k is still relatively new I doubt its a point of focus for most developers right now.

4k tv wont matter to a psvr since its all displayed in the helmet.

They didnt abandon the vita. Everyone says that about anything that isnt a core PS console, like the psp. It was still made, still supported, and had a lot of games coming out for it for years beyond everyone saying its abandoned and dead. Vitas problem was nintendo and the 3ds as it penetrated the coveted demographic of adults that arent really gamers and children before the vita.

And Id get more excitment out of a psvr since it would be new to me. Id say at least Ill get a year or more of enjoyment out of the vr, and if things go well then Ill get more out of it.

And yeah samsung screens were better but screen resolution has nothing to do with the quality of software being displayed on them. Then you have to take into account that yes the psvr has lower res screen but it has 10 times the horsepower and graphic ability to display on them. Apps off the app store are also not exactly going to be cutting edge anyway because in the end, its still just a smartphone.

Just a reminder (again) to join the Cheap VR Gamers community on ps4, especially since I see a lot of people are picking up rigs and eve Valkyrie.
I'll join when I get back from work. Looks like Rigs is getting pretty great reviews, especially considering that most reviewers don't have any personal interests in traditional sports which is a big influence on the look and feel of the game.

I preordered a psvr launch bundle back in march from Best Buy. I plan on returning and rebuying with gift cards that i have gotten since i preordered. Anyone had any trouble or given any grief for doing anything similar at Best Buy?

They didnt abandon the vita. Everyone says that about anything that isnt a core PS console, like the psp. It was still made, still supported, and had a lot of games coming out for it for years beyond everyone saying its abandoned and dead. Vitas problem was nintendo and the 3ds as it penetrated the coveted demographic of adults that arent really gamers and children before the vita.
Yeah, I mean they kept releasing games for it for 3 years after release! Never mind they haven't released a single first party game in 2016 for it but still, that amazing 3rd year brought us gems like Looney Tunes Galactic Sports (oh woops, never made its North American release), Run Sackboy Run, Muppets Movie Adventures, and MLB 15.

I guess they were too busy getting all those ps move titles out the door...

I'm loving that scalpers and resellers are getting screwed for buying these. I want PSVR to do well and sell well, but it's nice to see those who want it get it and the asshats are having to return them. 

I preordered a psvr launch bundle back in march from Best Buy. I plan on returning and rebuying with gift cards that i have gotten since i preordered. Anyone had any trouble or given any grief for doing anything similar at Best Buy?
Don't see why it should be a problem. I'm planning on doing the same so I can put it on my BB credit card. That sweet 6% back.

I'm loving that scalpers and resellers are getting screwed for buying these. I want PSVR to do well and sell well, but it's nice to see those who want it get it and the asshats are having to return them.
Not to be contrarian, but I was hoping it would be super low supplies through the holidays (original Wii level). I think that would actually be better for the psvr's future in the long run. If supplies were limited, people would be more prone to just buy it. I think people will play a more wait and see approach if there's stock everywhere (wait for reviews / more games / hoping for a holiday bundle). The PSVR needs lots of early adoption to push developers to invest in it and keep making games. If vr units sit on store shelves, seems more likely sony will start to ignore it like the vita.

Of course, I am saying this as I secured a core and launch bundle months ago.

Deciding whether to just keep the core or go full launch. Have motion controllers and old camera...

Best buy just sold out on the Bundle.. inventory won't last the day.

Scalpers can always just return the item, they can't get screwed.

Is that the red console, you sure that wasn't part of the design? :lol:
I get what you're saying, because of the design of the console, but this wasn't part of the design. The bottom of the case is clean, with my new one. This scratch on the bottom of the case on this one looked like it hit the corner of a metal table or something else sharp. It was a legit 2-3 inch scratch on the bottom of the console.

Best buy just sold out on the Bundle.. inventory won't last the day.
Scalpers can always just return the item, they can't get screwed.
Pretty much this, most people who scalp knows what they're doing, it's hard for them to get screwed. If youre rooting for the PSVR to do well and have a solid future, then you want it to see it sell out fast and hard to find in the holidays. Especially since Sony already said they're expecting a shortage through the holidays, other media outlets expected the same. so if that doesn't happen, it would mean that the PSVR sales were lackluster and disappointing vs expectations.

Can we get some testimonials on playing regular ps4 games in cinematic mode
This is what I'm most interested in as well. I picked up a Launch bundle this morning on the way to work, but am having trouble justifying the purchase in my mind. If I knew how well regular games looked, I could at least give myself a little more justification, as it would free up the TV for my wife.

Pretty much this, most people who scalp knows what they're doing, it's hard for them to get screwed. If youre rooting for the PSVR to do well and have a solid future, then you want it to see it sell out fast and hard to find in the holidays. Especially since Sony already said they're expecting a shortage through the holidays, other media outlets expected the same. so if that doesn't happen, it would mean that the PSVR sales were lackluster and disappointing vs expectations.
Yeah I understand that side of the argument. I do want it to succeed and I'm happy to hear that reviews have been pretty positive.

My GS said they had 1 preorder & only got 2 copies.
Yeah, crazy. The only place you can buy it online seems to be Amazon and I didn't want to wait. Luckily I was able to walk into my Best Buy and they had 4 copies on the shelf. I grabbed Eve and VR worlds to go with Batman that I've had for 2 days now. I'm ready to go when I get home from work!!!

The Gateway Fred Meyer on 102nd St in Portland is accepting the "FREE $20 gift card with PS4 purchase" coupon when buying the PlayStation VR.  The lady grabbed a coupon and scanned it and I got the free $20 gift card.

This is what I'm most interested in as well. I picked up a Launch bundle this morning on the way to work, but am having trouble justifying the purchase in my mind. If I knew how well regular games looked, I could at least give my myself a little more justification, as it would free up the TV for my wife.
It would definitely work to free up your TV for your wife as you can just watch the display through the VR headset. Of course, you will need headphones to hear the audio if you do. It comes with some cheap earbuds so you may want to buy real headphones to use instead.

As far as how it works, it looks pretty much as you'd expect it to. There are 3 screen sizes you can choose from - small, medium, and large. Large is too big IMO. No matter which size you choose, the overall experience is the same. It's like playing on a really large screen. If you choose the large option, you need to turn your head to see the whole thing.

Also, I feel like the resolution isn't quite as good as it is compared to an HDTV.

It almost feels like playing with remote play on Vita. Minus the lag.

It would definitely work to free up your TV for your wife as you can just watch the display through the VR headset. Of course, you will need headphones to hear the audio if you do. It comes with some cheap earbuds so you may want to buy real headphones to use instead.

As far as how it works, it looks pretty much as you'd expect it to. There are 3 screen sizes you can choose from - small, medium, and large. Large is too big IMO. No matter which size you choose, the overall experience is the same. It's like playing on a really large screen. If you choose the large option, you need to turn your head to see the whole thing.

Also, I feel like the resolution isn't quite as good as it is compared to an HDTV.
Yeah, that's because the resolution isn't as good unfortunately. That's the one big bummer about first gen.

bread's done
Back