Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
No PSVR games on sale this week?
Nope but there's a VR demo disc coming tomorrow that includes demos of a bunch of unlreased games like Moss, The Persistance, and Star Child. Also there's new demos of a bunch of games out now like Raw Data, Tiny Trax, Fantastic Contraption, etc.

Rigs, rush of blood, wow. Played about 30 minutes of rush of blood and its fantastic. I would have bought this eventually, would have paid $20easily but just thought the Halloween sale would have it in there. Very happy this is free now

There's a new demo disc download available now with some new demos on it:

PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2 - Free

Here’s what you get:
• Battlezone (Rebellion)
• Dino Frontier* (Uber Entertainment)
• Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
• Fantastic Contraption* (Radial Games)
• Job Simulator* (Owlchemy Labs)
• Moss (Polyarc)
• Raw Data* (Survios)
• Rez Infinite* (Enhance Games)
• Star Child (GameTrust)
• The Persistence (Firesprite)
• Thumper (Drool)
• Tiny Trax (FuturLab)

Available via download
• StarBlood Arena (Whitemoon Dreams)

*PS Move Controllers required to play these demos
It's a 15 GB download.

Superhypercube has gotten a permanent price drop to $14.99:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/superhypercube/cid=UP4427-CUSA04894_00-SUPERHYPERCUBE01

VR Karts also got a permanent price drop to $29.99:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/vr-karts/cid=UP3027-CUSA09430_00-VRKARTS0USA00001

There's a new demo disc download available now with some new demos on it:

PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2 - Free

It's a 15 GB download.

Superhypercube has gotten a permanent price drop to $14.99:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/superhypercube/cid=UP4427-CUSA04894_00-SUPERHYPERCUBE01

VR Karts also got a permanent price drop to $29.99:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/vr-karts/cid=UP3027-CUSA09430_00-VRKARTS0USA00001
SuperHyperCube is great but that should have been it's launch price.

Just played Moss, Persistance, and Star Child. Persistance and Moss are pretty blurry and I only hope they both get an uptick in resolution though it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. All the games had the most polish I've seen in a VR go far with Moss and Star Child as stand outs. Moss even in the demo had fantastic puzzles and atmosphere and seemed like it would be a great game even if it ends up being short like most VR games. Star Child looked amazing but the demo was totally barebones. Persistance had solid demo but considering I haven't even manned up enough to finish RE7 I don't plan on getting Persistance either. It had a great sci-fi horror vibe though and free locomotion worked pretty great in it.

Can anyone confirm the skyrim bundle will be $349 on black friday from Target?
That's what I'm wondering too. Their ad does say $100 off all PSVR bundles, so assuming they have it in stock, I think you'd have a good case. I'm not that interested in Skyrim (don't have the time to devote to a game like that), but that bundle is the most attractive since as far as I can tell that's the ONLY one with the v2 headset. And Target seems like the only one where it might be onl sale.

Some PSVR news:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/09/rec-room-coming-to-playstation-vr-open-beta-launches-nov-21/

Rec Room goes into open beta on 11/21, though it'll be free to play anyway with its final release. It has cross platform play with the other versions and they'll have some bonus items for PS+ people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9P2EbJhCs

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/08/run-dorothy-run-out-dec-17-race-through-oz-in-playstation-vr/

Run Dorothy Run is out on 12/12. It's an endless rhythm runner.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/06/out-of-ammo-blends-strategy-and-fps-gameplay-on-ps-vr/

Out of Ammo is coming to PSVR courtesy of Zen Studios, so pre-orders get CastleStorm VR for free with it. The game itself is an FPS with base defense strategy elements and there are more details in the post itself.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/10/black-friday-2017-week-long-playstation-deals-revealed/

News on PSVR bundles during Black Friday:

First up, all PlayStation VR bundles will be available at a great deal at participating retailers. This includes the recently announced PlayStation VR Gran Turismo Sport Bundle at $299.99 USD (MSRP) and PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle at $349.99 USD (MSRP). There has never been a better time to jump into the driver’s seat in GT Sport for a heightened VR experience, or transport yourself into the virtual open game world of The Elder Scrolls filled with dragon-fighting action.
Sales on PSN for PS+ and PSN members are also happening with an early start for PS+ people:

If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get exclusive early access to some of the biggest deals in the PlayStation Store Black Friday Sale starting on November 17. PS Plus members will find deals of up to 40% off on the hottest blockbuster titles.

Even if you’re not a PS Plus member, you still can take advantage of the Black Friday deals at PS Store starting November 21 through 8am PT November 28. We’ll have more details on PS Store Black Friday offers in the coming days, so stay tuned.

I was going to pick up the physical copy of The Invisible Hours from the Pro Days sale at GS, but noticed that the digital was also $14.99 and picked that up instead. I don't think you need to be a Pro member either, it showed as a price drop instead of dropping in cart. Really looking forward to playing this one.

I was going to pick up the physical copy of The Invisible Hours from the Pro Days sale at GS, but noticed that the digital was also $14.99 and picked that up instead. I don't think you need to be a Pro member either, it showed as a price drop instead of dropping in cart. Really looking forward to playing this one.
I was thinking that the digital was only on sale. The physical still shows $30 on the website.

Anyone know if the skyrim bundle will come with the new move with micro usb connection? Really thinking of selling my headset I bought last month with my old move and camera and upgrading to the bundle for 350, especially since I was going to buy skyrim anyway

Anyone know if the skyrim bundle will come with the new move with micro usb connection? Really thinking of selling my headset I bought last month with my old move and camera and upgrading to the bundle for 350, especially since I was going to buy skyrim anyway
This is the first I've heard of a new Move controller

It should be all official sony retailers according to this article. Actually it looks like the prices start on 11/19 and go to 11/27.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/10/black-friday-2017-week-long-playstation-deals-revealed/
From the box pictures, the GT bundle seems to be the original VR headset, and the Skyrim bundle is the new version?

If the retailers are discounting the headset alone to $200 around BF, the GT bundle isn't really that much a good deal unless you want that included game sooner.

I'm tempting to return the VR headset and camera to Target for the new VR headset in Skyrim bundle (if it's really new version), but I already have the PS3 Move controllers.

From the box pictures, the GT bundle seems to be the original VR headset, and the Skyrim bundle is the new version?

If the retailers are discounting the headset alone to $200 around BF, the GT bundle isn't really that much a good deal unless you want that included game sooner.

I'm tempting to return the VR headset and camera to Target for the new VR headset in Skyrim bundle (if it's really new version), but I already have the PS3 Move controllers.
Correct, the GT bundle is still the original headset. The only way to buy the second version of the headset in the US is through the Skyrim Bundle at this time.

Your right, but Sony already Said pricing is staying the same. The fact that new bundles have or are coming out with the old headset to me shows they are trying to rid as much old stock as possible. Even the $200 headset during bf should be the old headset

Your right, but Sony already Said pricing is staying the same. The fact that new bundles have or are coming out with the old headset to me shows they are trying to rid as much old stock as possible. Even the $200 headset during bf should be the old headset

I've recently gained interest in the PSVR however I have a projector setup right now and am not sure if it will work logistically with how I have things hooked up.  Does anyone have PSVR setup with a projector?  Do they make extension cables for it?  I have no problem with pulling out wires when I want to use PSVR and putting them away when I'm done, however I haven't found much info on this yet.  

Has anyone been able to buy physical disc invisible hours from GameStop on sale for pro weekend? I'd like it at $15 but debating whether to get the digital or not.

I've recently gained interest in the PSVR however I have a projector setup right now and am not sure if it will work logistically with how I have things hooked up. Does anyone have PSVR setup with a projector? Do they make extension cables for it? I have no problem with pulling out wires when I want to use PSVR and putting them away when I'm done, however I haven't found much info on this yet.
I do, works perfect. Lots of fuckucking wires though, but yeah hdmi goes to the processor box and another from the processor box to the ps4

I do, works perfect. Lots of fuckucking wires though, but yeah hdmi goes to the processor box and another from the processor box to the ps4
How do you have it setup? I am not really concerned about wires because I can bring them in/out when I'm using it, I'm more concerned about where to put the camera and the actual length of the wires. My setup is my AV closet is like 10 feet or so to the back/left of where I sit when I normally game or watch movies. And in front of me, I just have my speakers and screen like 13' away. So I am not sure how I could logistically setup the camera and stuff, and the length of wires is a concern to me as well. Did you get extension cables and stuff? I'd be curious to hear about how you have it all setup.

So as someone with a psvr and a ps4pro, I’m going to be purchasing a 4K hdr tv soon. Any good solutions to the no hdr pass through issue? Would using a splitter help, or am I bound to just swap hdmis? I’ve only been using the vr a few times a month, so I guess I could just unplug it.

So as someone with a psvr and a ps4pro, I’m going to be purchasing a 4K hdr tv soon. Any good solutions to the no hdr pass through issue? Would using a splitter help, or am I bound to just swap hdmis? I’ve only been using the vr a few times a month, so I guess I could just unplug it.
Right now I have an HDMI coupler next to the breakout box. I’ll unplug from the box and connect the two HDMI together that way, because Sony sucks.

Yes, but again, they are putting the new bundle with the new headset on sale at $100 off just like the other bundles.

How do you have it setup? I am not really concerned about wires because I can bring them in/out when I'm using it, I'm more concerned about where to put the camera and the actual length of the wires. My setup is my AV closet is like 10 feet or so to the back/left of where I sit when I normally game or watch movies. And in front of me, I just have my speakers and screen like 13' away. So I am not sure how I could logistically setup the camera and stuff, and the length of wires is a concern to me as well. Did you get extension cables and stuff? I'd be curious to hear about how you have it all setup.
First for the camera, i use a small clamp and on the edge of my media closet door I clamp it ($5 clamp i got at lowes) so i can lower it, raise it or aim it depending on where I am. I did have it sitting on my theater speaker but the camera wire kept wanting to turn it. I really like using a cheap office chair, light weight so i can easily put it in the attic door thats off my media room( like a big 120 sq foot closet). The office chair on high setting feels more like standing, or med settig feels like sitting. Using this I can spin wich is nice for a lot of game, especially farpoint. Would take a picture but my media closet looks like shite with all the wires

Has anyone been able to buy physical disc invisible hours from GameStop on sale for pro weekend? I'd like it at $15 but debating whether to get the digital or not.
I may be to late, but if you log in and add Invisible Hours to your cart it will take $15 off. I changed my mind and went digital instead, but I did see that it worked.

The skyrim bundle is $450 starting available from Nov 17, but from Nov 19 - 27, it is $350 as Black Friday deal at participating retailers.

Who's going to buy it on 17 then? and who are the participating retailers?

First for the camera, i use a small clamp and on the edge of my media closet door I clamp it ($5 clamp i got at lowes) so i can lower it, raise it or aim it depending on where I am. I did have it sitting on my theater speaker but the camera wire kept wanting to turn it. I really like using a cheap office chair, light weight so i can easily put it in the attic door thats off my media room( like a big 120 sq foot closet). The office chair on high setting feels more like standing, or med settig feels like sitting. Using this I can spin wich is nice for a lot of game, especially farpoint. Would take a picture but my media closet looks like shite with all the wires
Ah so you basically have a different setup for PSVR with a different char for it? I was thinking that could be the only route I can go but I am not sure if I really want to do that.

All that is added is an office chair. Same ps4 and all. Personally psvr is far, far better than I thought it would be. The graphic you see on screen that looks like ps3 era at best looks so much more realistic in game. I can see why they call it experience more than a game, trust me that term is not knocking but the only word that co,es to mind. Think hollideck on star treck

The projector shouldn’t effect how you play ps vr at all. You don’t need to be near the screen at all. You could just lay the camera anywhere near your PS4. I normally stand 90% of the time anyways.

Yeah but it would be nice to be able to sit in my normal space when sitting and playing.  I was trying to avoid having to use a fold out chair or get another chair (like the office chair mentioned).  Plus most of the time my sons inflatable bounce house is in the space behind my sitting area where I would have to use PSVR now if I didn't get any extension cables or anything to sit in my normal sitting area.

Yeah but it would be nice to be able to sit in my normal space when sitting and playing. I was trying to avoid having to use a fold out chair or get another chair (like the office chair mentioned). Plus most of the time my sons inflatable bounce house is in the space behind my sitting area where I would have to use PSVR now if I didn't get any extension cables or anything to sit in my normal sitting area.
I don’t think they make extension cables for anything besides the camera.

I don’t think they make extension cables for anything besides the camera.
Well the other "extensions" would just be USB and HDMI cables, correct? Those are easy to get longer ones of. But from what others said, and my google searches, it does appear that the longest extension cord for the camera is 6 feet (2 meters) and that isn't nearly enough. One of the reviews even mentions someone chained 2 of them and it didn't work. The other reviews also seem a bit sketchy as far as working with VR. It's baffling to me that there isn't an official extension cable or anything, as a quick google search shows others are in need of extension cables too.

Well the other "extensions" would just be USB and HDMI cables, correct? Those are easy to get longer ones of. But from what others said, and my google searches, it does appear that the longest extension cord for the camera is 6 feet (2 meters) and that isn't nearly enough. One of the reviews even mentions someone chained 2 of them and it didn't work. The other reviews also seem a bit sketchy as far as working with VR. It's baffling to me that there isn't an official extension cable or anything, as a quick google search shows others are in need of extension cables too.
I completely understand. I was under the impression that it was a special cable from the processor box to the headset, but I guess it could be two hdmi cables together. From my experience, I tried using a longer usb cable but it wouldn’t work. I might have had the wrong type though.

There is the new model of psvr launching soon, with built in headphones and it allows hdr pass through. Maybe it will include longer wires as well.

The camera 6 foot extension, is on top of the included camera cable correct?

bread's done
Back