Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/17/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-11212017/

Two big releases this week for PSVR:

New Releases: Week of November 21, 2017

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
PS VR — Digital

The acclaimed fishing feature of Final Fantasy XV has been revamped and revitalized for PS VR. Join Noctis, Ignis, Prompto, Gladio, and other familiar faces in a picturesque virtual reality backdrop en route to a thrilling encounter with the menace that lurks in the depths.

Rec Room
PS VR — Digital

Rec Room is a vibrant and growing virtual community where you play with friends from all around the world! Create your avatar then head to the Rec Center for endless fun and games!

Damn. I didn’t realize that the Skyrim bundle came with the new hardware. I was at bestbuy yesterday and would have grabbed one as they had a bunch behind the counter. Hope that they still have some in store later today

Cancelled my doom bundle preorder and keeping the Skyrim one. Move controllers will be nice and I can get doom for 15 after certs at BB.

Skyrim bundle comes in tomorrow. Anybody know how long it takes to set up?

Cancelled my doom bundle preorder and keeping the Skyrim one. Move controllers will be nice and I can get doom for 15 after certs at BB.

Took me like 5-10 minutes to setup. It's just connecting a buncha components with wires basically then a quick configuration. I just went through the small booklet that comes with it.

I watched a few Doom VFR previews, you will be happy with the Move controllers. Apparently it was designed for Vive controllers and Move controllers to do dual wielding, 1 hand for teleporting and the other for gun. Even using Aim controllers isn't as nice, let alone using DS4.

The way the move controllers worked with The London Heist mini-game on VR Worlds was really damn cool.  It just felt so damn natural in the tutorial then into the game. 

I'd like to know as well. Looking to pick up a 4K TV this week and wondering how the new headset works better as well. Hard to justify an extra $150 for one of the bundles with the new headset unless it's a nice upgrade and improves things quite a bit.

I'd like to know as well. Looking to pick up a 4K TV this week and wondering how the new headset works better as well. Hard to justify an extra $150 for one of the bundles with the new headset unless it's a nice upgrade and improves things quite a bit.
The new Headset's processor box allows HDR passthrough and the headset now has inline volume and power controls.

$150 more but includes Move controllers which will cost at least $70+, a camera which REQUIRED that costs $40+ and a game still selling for $40+. If you don't like any of them (camera is required), you can resell them and very likely will end up with the upgraded headset at the same price as the old one (which will have a lower resale value)

$150 more but includes Move controllers which will cost at least $70+, a camera which REQUIRED that costs $40+ and a game still selling for $40+. If you don't like any of them (camera is required), you can resell them and very likely will end up with the upgraded headset at the same price as the old one (which will have a lower resale value)
Makes sense. The Doom Bundle that comes out December 1st has the new headset in it correct? Best Buy shows that bundle for $300 but Gamestop still lists it for $399. For $300 at Gamestop I think that might be my best option. Will that $100 off still be available when that headset is out or is that just this week?

I finally played Rush of Blood after finally finishing Until Dawn. It was good. I like Mortal Blitz a bit better. Though in Rush of Blood the guns you pick up are more fun than the guns you pick up in Mortal Blitz.

Until Dawn got me thinking the "Don't Move" mechanic would be really cool in VR. The sensors on the headset would mean you can't move your head either. I would script an event where you have to extend your arms to interact with something by pressing and holding the Moves' triggers. Something like lifting and moving an object, or shutting a window. Then a bad guy would come nearby, so you have to stay still in that position.

Makes sense. The Doom Bundle that comes out December 1st has the new headset in it correct? Best Buy shows that bundle for $300 but Gamestop still lists it for $399. For $300 at Gamestop I think that might be my best option. Will that $100 off still be available when that headset is out or is that just this week?
Yes, Doom has the new headset. It was NOT announced as part of the BF deal by Sony and the bundle should be available only after the BF promotion period. So, I'm not sure if Target and Bestbuy has made a mistake on that.

However, Doom VFR was designed to and best to play with Move controllers (or Vive controllers on PC) even though it will work with DS4. You might want the Move controllers for best experience. Also Doom VFR is retailed at $30 itself. So, I think $300 is a fair price (with game and camera only) but might not be that great as it might seem.

My bad I didn't look at the bundle close enough to realize it doesn't include the move controllers. Hmm guess the Skyrim one is the best deal though I don't have much interest in the Skyrim game.

Working on the full list in the other thread, but here are the PSVR games on sale as I get them added:

Carnival Games VR - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/28

Digital Domain's Monkey King - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/28

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/28

Farpoint - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/28

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/28

NBA 2KVR Experience - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/28

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 11/28

Also out today:

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $29.99

Rec Room - Free

Farpoint isn't recommended unless you managed to get the Aim controller some other way than the bundle or you want to convert the disc version to digital.

Stay far away from NBA 2KVR. It's really bad and not fun at all to play.

Did anyone else notice base VR set was $199 at kohls with $30 kc?  Says sold out, but didn't know it was even an option. Maybe was not in stock yet.

Working on the full list in the other thread, but here are the PSVR games on sale as I get them added:

Carnival Games VR - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/28

Digital Domain's Monkey King - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/28

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/28

Farpoint - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/28

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/28

NBA 2KVR Experience - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/28

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 11/28

Also out today:

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $29.99

Rec Room - Free

Farpoint isn't recommended unless you managed to get the Aim controller some other way than the bundle or you want to convert the disc version to digital.
I just want to put in a quick recommendation for Carnival Games, Mervils, and NBA 2KVR.

Carnival Games is widely recognized as a good game, but some people put it down as shovelware since it was on the Wii. It's much better in VR.

Mervils also gets put down a lot due to its simplistic art style and voice acting, but the gameplay is really fun and the game is a must have for anyone who likes platformers and/or Zelda-style games.

Also, NBA 2KVR gets shit on a lot (mostly by people who haven't even played it), but I think it's really fun and definitely worth it at that price.

Any thoughts on Robinson: The Journey and the Eagle game?

I'm trying to find 3 games I can pick up during GS B2G1 ... will have Skyrim, Psychonauts, VR Worlds, RE7, Tomb Raider, Battlefront 1

Any must have VR games?

So... I know this has come up a few times, but in practical terms, how different are the v2 headset vs v1? I don't have a 4K TV so the HDR bit isn't relevant to me. 

Dell has the Gran Turismo bundle (v1 + camera + game) for $300, but e.bates is doing 10% cashback and I have the Amex promo for $50 statement credit on a $300 purchase. The bundle for $220 after both cashback + CA tax on $300 = $250 net. That seems pretty solid.  

The best Skyrim VR deal for me would probably the the BHPhoto for $350 + no CA tax. $100 more for new move controllers + v2 headset instead of v1 + skyrim instead of Gran Turismo. 

Too bad Dell isn't carrying the Skyrim bundle :(

I definitely want to buy carnival games, but can't help but think there will be some bundling with the new DLC at some point.  But then again, maybe the DLC will also go on sale by itself later for cheap.

So... I know this has come up a few times, but in practical terms, how different are the v2 headset vs v1? I don't have a 4K TV so the HDR bit isn't relevant to me.

Dell has the Gran Turismo bundle (v1 + camera + game) for $300, but e.bates is doing 10% cashback and I have the Amex promo for $50 statement credit on a $300 purchase. The bundle for $220 after both cashback + CA tax on $300 = $250 net. That seems pretty solid.
The best Skyrim VR deal for me would probably the the BHPhoto for $350 + no CA tax. $100 more for new move controllers + v2 headset instead of v1 + skyrim instead of Gran Turismo.

HDR passthrough and inline controls are the only difference.

Any thoughts on Robinson: The Journey and the Eagle game?

I'm trying to find 3 games I can pick up during GS B2G1 ... will have Skyrim, Psychonauts, VR Worlds, RE7, Tomb Raider, Battlefront 1

Any must have VR games?
I have Eagle Flight and I like it. I also have Robinson but the game made me extremely nauseous the last time I played it so I can't say either way how good it is. From what I played, it seemed like it could be a good game, though.

I got a V2 and can provide some detailed notes after replacing my V1.

-HDR pass though is still the biggest difference

-volume, mic, and power are now on the bottom of the headset. This is the only thing I actually like less than the V1 design.

-the headphone jack is accessible and included earbuds work well enough. There's a mic in the headset.

-the other biggest thing imo is that there's a single cable coming from the heads set to the breakout box. It reduces a noticeable amount of -weight from the headset at first but either way you acclimate shortly.

-headset dimensions are slightly different.

-breakout box is slightly smaller and is a single box with no slider to cover over inserted cables.

Also, to the poster asking about Robinson. It's a now outdated game with a modest story, mediocre controls, and serviceable environments. It's a walking/climbing game with limited puzzles. The highlight is easily the giant dinosaurs, some which are just great experiences. It's not enough to pull it up from the bottom of a sizable list of better games at this point though.

-breakout box is slightly smaller and is a single box with no slider to cover over inserted cables.
I know you're trying to present this as a positive for the newer headset, but the sliding cover was mindblowing when I figured out how it worked and was the coolest part of the whole set-up process.

-HDR pass though is still the biggest difference
-volume, mic, and power are now on the bottom of the headset. This is the only thing I actually like less than the V1 design.
-the headphone jack is accessible and included earbuds work well enough. There's a mic in the headset.
-the other biggest thing imo is that there's a single cable coming from the heads set to the breakout box. It reduces a noticeable amount of -weight from the headset at first but either way you acclimate shortly.
-headset dimensions are slightly different.

Also, to the poster asking about Robinson. It's a now outdated game with a modest story, mediocre controls, and serviceable environments. It's a walking/climbing game with limited puzzles. The highlight is easily the giant dinosaurs, some which are just great experiences. It's not enough to pull it up from the bottom of a sizable list of better games at this point though.
V1 also has a mic in the headset, that's how smoking the cigar worked in London Heist

Tempted to buy a PSVR with the BF sales going on.

Amazon has the PSVR and Camera for $250, and Target has the PSVR with Doom VFR pre order for $300. Everywhere else lists the $400 price since it's released after BF. 

Does anyone know if the Amazon bundle is V1 or V2? Thinking thats my best option and grab Doom VFR for $30 later. 

(don't care for Skyrim again, or GT Sport)

The only way to get V2 right now is the Skyrim bundle.  Doom bundle supposedly has it as well but as you know it's not out yet.  Every other way to get the PSVR (as of now) will be the V1 headset.

Anyone tried out Skyrim and want to state an opinion?  

As to Robinson - Agree with the above poster... and add... seeing those dinosaurs for the first time IS amazing.  Certainly worth a $10 price if you can find it.  (It was neat enough that I let my entire family see it.)  

Thanks!! I very much appreciate your response (as well as others who chimed in), but it turned out to be moot. Dell just put up the Skyrim bundle so I went with that.

For anyone else interested, Dell has the Skyrim bundle for $335 + free shipping. On top of that, e.bates has 10% cashback ($33.5), and if you sign up for Dell Advantage (free), they'll you'll also get 3% ($10) future Dell credit. I also happened to have the Amex offer for $50 statement credit, so all told, I got it for:
$335 + $29 (CA tax) = $364 (-$33.5 ebates CB - $50 Amex statement credit) = $280... and a future $10 Dell credit.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/a9934330

Anyone tried out Skyrim and want to state an opinion?

As to Robinson - Agree with the above poster... and add... seeing those dinosaurs for the first time IS amazing. Certainly worth a $10 price if you can find it. (It was neat enough that I let my entire family see it.)
Mentioned it earlier but for Skyrim is incredible. There are some very important caveats and I've played about 10 hours already which is nothing in that game but here are my general observations.

-Played tons of Oblivion but only a tiny bit of Skyrim so Skyrim is mostly new to me. There is so much content where scale is effective that I don't see myself getting bored of just walking around in the world.

-It's blurry to an extent and having just played Rec Room I forgot how crisp basic graphics can be in VR. There's plenty of games with some blur to accommodate the performance issues but imo its subjective whether its a dealbreaker and is certainly not too bad for me.

-I'm playing with a DS4 just to be the most efficient and find walking around the world super easy. Only Rigs has made me motion sick sense getting my VR legs so Skyrim feels pretty easy going to me.

-The amount of content , freedom, and interaction are pretty incredible in VR. Interiors are a lot more personal when standing there despite how cookie cutter they tend to be.

Probably very ymmv, but amazon is advertising on its black friday deals page the Gran Turismo bundle for $249.99 in the image for "save $100 on PSVR bundles".  Actual item when you click through is $299, but you might be able to get a chat rep to honor that mistake.  You need to go to the BF deals page, then find the VR deal when you filter to video games.

The Dell PSVR deal looks pretty decent, but it is definitely for those who really want Skyrim, and don't already have anything to use with PSVR. (the camera, and the move controllers) I would never have gotten that bundle, as I already had a full set of Move equipment, and the PS4 camera.

There are actually a fair number of really good deals for the PSVR this Black Friday. I paid $300 earlier in the year for the bundle with the headset, camera, and three downloadable games. Anyone looking to get in now can find the base model for $200, which is a steal if you already have the associated accessories.

Bought the Skyrim bundle at Walmart, realized i only had 1 of the old ps3 move controllers, and the other nunchuck looking one (still even used?)

I don't really want Skyrim (again) anyone know what BB/GS etc gives for trade in? Looked at BB site and it's not listed at all for trade in, except normal ps4/xbox versions.

Tempted to buy a PSVR with the BF sales going on.

Amazon has the PSVR and Camera for $250, and Target has the PSVR with Doom VFR pre order for $300. Everywhere else lists the $400 price since it's released after BF.

Does anyone know if the Amazon bundle is V1 or V2? Thinking thats my best option and grab Doom VFR for $30 later.
(don't care for Skyrim again, or GT Sport)
I'd still get the Skyrim bundle because you get the move controllers for cheap and can sell the game. Plus Skyrim retails for $60 and Doom VFR only retails for $30

Bought the Skyrim bundle at Walmart, realized i only had 1 of the old ps3 move controllers, and the other nunchuck looking one (still even used?)

I don't really want Skyrim (again) anyone know what BB/GS etc gives for trade in? Looked at BB site and it's not listed at all for trade in, except normal ps4/xbox versions.
Nunchuk isn't used since the camera can't track it.
GS gives $20 base value, be better off selling it

A new deal for today:

End Space - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/28

The existing deals from yesterday:

Carnival Games VR - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/28

Digital Domain's Monkey King - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/28

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/28

Farpoint - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/28

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/28

NBA 2KVR Experience - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/28

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 11/28

A new release:

The Illusionist: Andres Iniesta - Free

Supposed to be a soccer documentary in VR.

Anyone who's played Mervils, is it worth it for $10?  I feel like I'm buying VR games just because I'm new to PSVR, but I'm genuinely curious if people think it's worth it.  

I wish Raw Data or Thumper was on sale.

bread's done
Back