Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
My Skyrim is a V2. I’m a 100% certain. It has the new processor and headset without cord controls. Seriously just look at the box. Is it likely Sony is clearing old inventory...maybe. I just find it weird everyone I’ve seen on store shelf’s is a version 2.

Update if you read some reviews some people are saying what I said...to make sure it has R2 on the back of the box. Mine even came with the new flat black move controllers. I totally forgot I already owned a old pair. And they do look different side by side. FYI the old ones were built a little nicer.
**YES**

Skyrim IS V2, as is the DOOM VFR bundle that drops Friday.

the ****************GT SPORT**************** bundle is V1.... Thats what I was saying, If people don't care and want V1... by all means go grab the GT Sport deal.

Annoying kids, but watch the unboxing, since you have a V2 Skyrim bundle, answer why this looks different than yours..... If the GT Sport has the V2.... then why is it different?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e78MI142XNw

Again, IF YOU WANT A V2.... THERE IS ONLY 1 CURRENT OPTION.... SKYRIM BUNDLE.

DOOM VFR IS THE NEXT WAY TO GET THE V2.

GT SPORT IS V1..........

**YES**
Skyrim IS V2, as is the DOOM VFR bundle that drops Friday.

the ****************GT SPORT**************** bundle is V1.... Thats what I was saying, If people don't care and want V1... by all means go grab the GT Sport deal.

Annoying kids, but watch the unboxing, since you have a V2 Skyrim bundle, answer why this looks different than yours..... If the GT Sport has the V2.... then why is it different?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e78MI142XNw

Again, IF YOU WANT A V2.... THERE IS ONLY 1 CURRENT OPTION.... SKYRIM BUNDLE.
DOOM VFR IS THE NEXT WAY TO GET THE V2.

GT SPORT IS V1..........
Again every version I’ve seen has had an R2. Is it possible Sony dropped shipped a few new old stock V1 units sure, but I’m sure as stock ran out they switched to V2 which is what I’m seeing. I’m just saying looking at the back of the box will tell you if it’s V1 or V2. No unboxing needed.

So..... Sony STOPS production 3 weeks after release to bundle an entire new box and bundle for 1 bundle.

Got it.

Press releases, early reviews, unboxings, game magazine reviews, game channel reviews.... all say different than you.

Go ahead, post ANY link/Picture/forum/discussion/faq saying you are correct. Go to ANY store that has a GT Sport bundle and snap up some pics to prove everyone wrong since everyone on this board has said same thing, GT Sport is V1.

I think that site does this sort of thing for the attention. It always has a way of getting out of it for me. Now, I'm like, oh it's not a deal, it's that Nebraska website again

Really regretting that amazon $300 cam/headset/games deal a few weeks back.  Don't really need 3 headsets...

And do we even expect target 20% coupon or 15% monday to work on VR bundles?  I would expect excluded.

My Skyrim is a V2. I’m a 100% certain. It has the new processor and headset without cord controls. Seriously just look at the box. Is it likely Sony is clearing old inventory...maybe. I just find it weird everyone I’ve seen on store shelf’s is a version 2.

Update if you read some reviews some people are saying what I said...to make sure it has R2 on the back of the box. Mine even came with the new flat black move controllers. I totally forgot I already owned a old pair. And they do look different side by side. FYI the old ones were built a little nicer.
There is absolutely ZERO evidence that can be found anywhere that GT Sport has the V2.

is Farpoint worth $30 on PSN?

Without the aim controller, it's just a mediocre shooter. You want the bundle.
This.

best deal right now is at Bestbuy with GCU since it counts on the $79 bundle ($63) instead of just the controller at $59 and GCU doesn't work on hardware.. so essentially the game for $4 more.

Not worth the game without the controller. With the Controller it's currently in my top 2 VR games.

This.
best deal right now is at Bestbuy with GCU since it counts on the $79 bundle ($63) instead of just the controller at $59 and GCU doesn't work on hardware.. so essentially the game for $4 more.
Not worth the game without the controller. With the Controller it's currently in my top 2 VR games.
Can those AIM controllers be used with any other VR games or is Faroiint the only game to make use of them so far?

Really regretting that amazon $300 cam/headset/games deal a few weeks back. Don't really need 3 headsets...

And do we even expect target 20% coupon or 15% monday to work on VR bundles? I would expect excluded.
I'm not sure you will even still see the Skyrim bundle in store on Cyber Monday or before the coupon expires. At least, I haven't seen them in the stores I went to and not in stock online. Probably only the GT bundle. Last day of $100 discount (from Sony to retailers) is 11/27

I think that site does this sort of thing for the attention. It always has a way of getting out of it for me. Now, I'm like, oh it's not a deal, it's that Nebraska website again
Yep, they did this last year too, still have an account from that cancellation.. good luck to anyone who got in this time.

Yep, they did this last year too..

I got one in on Mobile. Received order confirmation with ship date of 12/5.
Probably has something to do with the CC used or something, same with PSgamesupply. Many have no issue, some do.

After playing some more Ancient Amuletor I decided to try something new. I hadn't tried Bound, the free Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare mission, or the new demo disc yet. I decided to play Bound.

Wow. Two months in, VR continues to amaze me. I didn't think third-person games would benefit from VR, but this game looked really cool. At first I thought it just looked neat when I was testing the buttons when the gameplay started, and I still had the default camera option on. But once I started playing and switched to the Smooth camera that follows behind the character I started thinking I could play possibly any third-person game in VR. At least ones where the camera follows behind the character.

Did you experience any vertigo or queasy feeling teleporting all throughout the game?
Nope, no vertigo or queasy with the teleportation... but that is not all that surprising. I never have been motion sick with the PS4. Now... when I jumped off a ledge... that made me feel weird. But that has also happened to me before. If I sit while doing jumping things, it feels weird to me. I would assume I would get use to that over time.

I put it on full movement some also. Did not make me feel queasy, but it did make my eyes tired as I was turning to run.

After playing some more Ancient Amuletor I decided to try something new. I hadn't tried Bound, the free Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare mission, or the new demo disc yet. I decided to play Bound.

Wow. Two months in, VR continues to amaze me. I didn't think third-person games would benefit from VR, but this game looked really cool. At first I thought it just looked neat when I was testing the buttons when the gameplay started, and I still had the default camera option on. But once I started playing and switched to the Smooth camera that follows behind the character I started thinking I could play possibly any third-person game in VR. At least ones where the camera follows behind the character.
Play Moss on the new demo disc! I want a physical copy of that game SO BAD! It's amazing!

Does anyone here know of a cheap solution to getting hdr pass through with the old vr bundle that doesn’t involve unplugging cords every time? I got so tired of unplugging things mine is currently sitting on top of my closet currently.

FYI, a few more vr games on sale at Best Buy for Cyber Monday. I picked up Star Trek Bridge Crew and Gran Turismo Sport

Ugh trying to decide if I want to get the headset for $199, with certs I can bring it down to $130 or so after taxes at Gamestop. I'm just not sure how fast the novelty will wear off.

Ugh trying to decide if I want to get the headset for $199, with certs I can bring it down to $130 or so after taxes at Gamestop. I'm just not sure how fast the novelty will wear off.
Better decide today as the $100 off ends at midnight.. smart thing to do is buy it now, and return it rather then not and regret it.

I have the same concern as you but I caved and got the Skyrim bundle.

Better decide today as the $100 off ends at midnight.. smart thing to do is buy it now, and return it rather then not and regret it.

I have the same concern as you but I caved and got the Skyrim bundle.
Same here, and I already found its worth it.
Games only getting better, and if there are more games like farpoont/doom... I’m more than happy.

When Microsoft just released their Mixed Reality headsets, HTC and Oculus are making their 2nd gen and Apple is going to have their own AR, you think it's going to wear off soon?

Does anyone here know of a cheap solution to getting hdr pass through with the old vr bundle that doesn’t involve unplugging cords every time? I got so tired of unplugging things mine is currently sitting on top of my closet currently.
I'd like to know this also. Will some type of splitter work?

Is Gran Turismo Sport worth $31 with GCU at Best Buy? It’s part of their cyber Monday sale. I hear the VR is really bare in the game
The VR mode is only one-on-one racing with AI, that's what most people complain about.

However, I watched some video of the VR mode, the graphics seems still impressive and you can look around your cabin, the sky and around if driving a convertible.

Considering how bad the graphics quality of DriveClub VR, it's probably their compromise on maintaining the graphics quality with only 1 opponent car, rather than a full race with 8+ other cars with poor graphics.

Not a fan of their focus on only online racings (I've played the beta), but I will certainly buy the game when the price drops to $20.

I picked up the Skyrim bundle during BF and now looking for a stand + charging doc for the Move controller. However, with the new Move controller being micro USB instead of mini USB, I assume most of those won't work. Does anyone know of a charging doc that would work with the new Move controllers? 

I picked up the Skyrim bundle during BF and now looking for a stand + charging doc for the Move controller. However, with the new Move controller being micro USB instead of mini USB, I assume most of those won't work. Does anyone know of a charging doc that would work with the new Move controllers?
I haven't got my Skyrim bundle from B&H yet (should be tomorrow, will update), but if they've only changed the usb port, there should still be 2 metal contacts at the bottom, that's for charging on stand. A proper Move Controller (and Navigator) charging stand should use those 2 contacts, not the USB port.

My $8 charging stand for 4 controllers back from PS3 days still working, I was surprised how much they ask for now.

BTW, I've seen some stand for PS3 Move on clearance in Target before BF.

I would wait till you can get the new headset.

Now that it has hit $199.99. It be will be on sale again for 199.99 in the future. I have no doubt sometime next year this will be the normal price,probably by summer.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that can be found anywhere that GT Sport has the V2.
After reading those angry GT Sport bundle reviews, who didn't do the research before purchase and complaint after, I guess there will be a wave of refurbished PSVR V1 headsets for cheap later.

That bundle value got worse as PSN and retailers are already selling the GT for $40 only.

Now that it has hit $199.99. It be will be on sale again for 199.99 in the future. I have no doubt sometime next year this will be the normal price,probably by summer.
If Sony still have V1 headset to clear.

But after they release the V2 headset as standalone, I doubt it will hit $200 again any sooner.

I think I'm going to pick up the V1 headset on the cheap now. It gets me into VR, and I can wait for a much improved headset from Sony or someone else down the line.

I haven't got my Skyrim bundle from B&H yet (should be tomorrow, will update), but if they've only changed the usb port, there should still be 2 metal contacts at the bottom, that's for charging on stand. A proper Move Controller (and Navigator) charging stand should use those 2 contacts, not the USB port.

My $8 charging stand for 4 controllers back from PS3 days still working, I was surprised how much they ask for now.

BTW, I've seen some stand for PS3 Move on clearance in Target before BF.
Ah! Thanks, I didn't know that. My bundle is coming tomorrow too. I'll double check before I buy.

After reading those angry GT Sport bundle reviews, who didn't do the research before purchase and complaint after, I guess there will be a wave of refurbished PSVR V1 headsets for cheap later.

That bundle value got worse as PSN and retailers are already selling the GT for $40 only.

If Sony still have V1 headset to clear.

But after they release the V2 headset as standalone, I doubt it will hit $200 again any sooner.
I just don't think this deal is a one-off. I see no upsides personally in buying a V1.

Sony isn't trying to clear V1 headsets out of the market anymore then they are trying to clear the market out of PS4 1TB. They are not even advertising about the revision. It's all about increasing adoption rates, during the most competitive time of the year for sales. They need to increase software sales for this to be successful. A high price keeps people out of the market. The differences are minor between V1 and V2. And I have no doubt that the manufacturing cost has decreased. There just happens to be a revision of the headset at the same time , which people assume means why all the headsets are on sale. Rather then the normal market forces bringing the price down. Sony has shown there is no premium value in the revision by having the GT V1 and Skyrim V2 bundle competitively priced against each other. As there are still DS4 v1 priced the same as DS4 V2 on the market.

This next year will be all about a price war, especially between microsoft and sony. All these Christmas sales of $199.99 for systems , headsets ect I believe will be the norm next year by E3. It happens in every console war.

From what I’ve read, the one GameStop sells for $35 (and amazon) I forget the name but can charge two ds4 two move controllers and rest the headset, also a USB port in back to charge wireless headphones etc. is the best “reviewed” stand.
I guess many of the others have issues and everyone ends up getting this one, at least according to most reviews.

Edit: Collective Minds PSVR Showcase Rapid AC PS4 VR Charge & Display Stand

On amazon and GameStop.

bread's done
Back