Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the skyrim bundle... tempted to buy the v1 GT Sport bundle for $200.. and use it on my PC with that $10 software.
Cheaper than 400+ for rift/Vive.

Kinda pissed I bought the regular headset for $199 during the sale when the GT bundle goes on sale a couple of weeks later...

Kinda pissed I bought the regular headset for $199 during the sale when the GT bundle goes on sale a couple of weeks later...
It's stupid of what Sony is doing. They're going to have a whole lot of refurbished PSVR headset to be cleared at $99 soon because all the people who bought the regular headset and GT bundle at BF are going to return.

I'm now thinking to return the Skyrim bundle because I don't actually need HDR pass thru for like $80 more for the V2 headset, I might settle with V1.

I wish I could return but I purchased at Gamestop and already opened mine.
You can return even after opening and using the headset, unless Gamestop has different policy than others.

And if you bought the bundle and opened the game, just buy the bundle at new price, put the unopened game back with the old headset.

You can return even after opening and using the headset, unless Gamestop has different policy than others.

And if you bought the bundle and opened the game, just buy the bundle at new price, put the unopened game back with the old headset.
We do not accept returns of:

• Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).

Plus I used $85 in certs so would be a PITA too even if they would.

Word on the street is that the gun is fixed to your right hand and the grenades to the left; is that right? Might be incredibly disorienting and impossible for me to play without a left-handed option. :(
Maybe. I'm left handed myself but I learned to do everything "weapon" related with my right hand anyway when I was in the military. It just feels like second nature now. Maybe it isn't as easy for some but I think shooting and holding weapons is one of the easier ambidextrous things to do in real life.

At this point I'm almost done with the game, I think I'm on the last level. I've played pretty much the whole game with the aim controller with smooth motion turned on. It can feel kinda weird because you direct the aim controller with your hands and you direct the grenade launcher in your left hand, with your head. So that is kinda weird, considering you are holding the aim controller with two hands. Personally I almost prefer if they would allow you to ditch the grenade launcher altogether and just carry the weapon with two hands like Farpoint does. All the weapons in Doom are two handed weapons anyway except for the crappy ass pistol, and it does seem kinda dumb that your character can carry a gatling gun in one hand on the game screen. Other than that slight bit of disorientation, though, the game has been a blast. It's a shame that you don't travel to Hell until the very end of the game though because the game feels so much better in Hell and it's alot more interesting to look around and observe your surroundings and such in Hell, also.

just a heads up for anyone else who got in on the nfm skyrim bundle for 249...people are starting to get shipping notices. Still waiting on my order to update. 

Is the best buy deal for $150 off if you buy a PS4 and a PSVR in addition to the Sony MSRP drop sale? If so I'm definitely buying a Pro and the GT Sport PSVR bundle.

Is the best buy deal for $150 off if you buy a PS4 and a PSVR in addition to the Sony MSRP drop sale? If so I'm definitely buying a Pro and the GT Sport PSVR bundle.
I can’t speak for Best Buy though I’d say they have to honor it. MSRP should be honored as well as a sale offer.

Once Best Buy tried to pull this nonsense a while back and I pushed to get the price honored. Apple dropped the original watch price and Best Buy had a sale that week advertising $100 off the watch, not a specified price. Since Best Buy is an official apple store, they had to honor the price drop and advertised sale offer.

I can’t speak for Best Buy though I’d say they have to honor it. MSRP should be honored as well as a sale offer.

Once Best Buy tried to pull this nonsense a while back and I pushed to get the price honored. Apple dropped the original watch price and Best Buy had a sale that week advertising $100 off the watch, not a specified price. Since Best Buy is an official apple store, they had to honor the price drop and advertised sale offer.
If it is honored you can get a PS4 Pro + PSVR GT Sport Bundle for $400

How much was the watch?

http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2017/171207.html

PSVR has reached 2 million sales and has sold over 12.2 million games at retail and on PSN, which are great numbers so far for just over a year after launch.
That is really good. Sony should be giving Capcom hugs every time they seem them too because they have extremely hard data that RE7 had increased sales due to VR support. A larger VR support base indicated that more AAA developers will likely work harder to include full VR compatibility in 2018.

Not to mention the fact that Sony just announced that they've shifted 70+ million PS4s in the four years since the system's launch. That's an incredible install base for any console inside of that time frame, and will likely grow even larger in the next three or four years. (often some of the most positive install-base growth for a console is when it reaches the sub-$200 range) Peripherals, especially more expensive or esoteric peripherals, are more likely to perform better sales-wise when they have a very large install base market to draw on. This is why the original Kinect was able to be so fast off the block. It came at a time when the 360 already had a large and established install base. It is also why the Kinect 2.0 was essentially an anchor around the XBox One's neck.

The new PSVR game sales on PSN from The Game Awards sale:

Farpoint - $29.99 - 40% Off -
Recommended for those that got the Aim controller bundle and want to convert to digital.

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $29.99 - 50% Off

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Deluxe Edition - $49.49 - 45% Off

Rez Infinite - $17.99 - 40% Off

The other sales that are still active:

Digital Domain's Monkey King - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Don't Knock Twice - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 12/18

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Rez Infinite is highly recommended if you still don't have it, as it's a cool experience and really easy the first time through since it was balanced for analog sticks, not VR. The new Area X, which is unlocked from the start after a recent update, is the big highlight of the whole package that I think would make for a great starting point for a sequel.

Owlchemy Labs announced Vacation Simulator for 2018 on PSVR as the follow-up to Job Simulator.

Accounting, a PSVR game from Crows Crows Crows and Rick & Morty creator Justin Roiland, was also announced for PSVR. It's out 12/19. PS Blog post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbJ1stWawY

Resident Evil 7 won Best VR/AR game.

So, as long as you're cool with "old" tech--

today, a PSVR GT bundle is $350 by itself, and the PS4 ww2 bundle is $300, or $650 together.

Sunday, you can get a 1TB PS4 with COD:WW2 AND a PSVR GT bundle for $300 + 200 - $150, for a grand total of $350 for EVERYTHING??

Seems like an insane deal if they let it happen. better get there early

The PSX Opening Celebration is going on now and they've announced one PSVR game so far:

Firewall: Zero Hour announced for PSVR. Team-based 4v4 tactical FPS.

The Last Guardian VR experience announced for PSVR to release 12/12 for free.

Wipeout VR announced for PSVR, which seems to be based on the Omega Collection with all of that content and some new ships and such included. Free update for the Omega Collection coming early 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StUMAuqkWXQ

Jupiter & Mars is coming to PS4 and PSVR. Looked like a stylish Echo the Dolphin-esque game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aNhHHgi9nI

Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality is coming to PSVR in 2018:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/08/rick-and-morty-virtual-rick-ality-is-coming-to-ps-vr-in-2018/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtvf22poSNw

Trying to decide between the Skyrim and the Grand Turismo bundle. I don't particularly care for either of these games but I do want the move controllers, I don't care for hdr at all as I don't own an her tv. I see it's $100 for the move controllers on their own.

Can the Aim controller that comes with the Farpoint bundle function as a janky version of a regular Move controller?  I already have one PS3 Move controller, so if the Aim controller can pull double duty reasonably well I'm hoping I don't have to spend another $100 on the two pack Moves.

Can the Aim controller that comes with the Farpoint bundle function as a janky version of a regular Move controller? I already have one PS3 Move controller, so if the Aim controller can pull double duty reasonably well I'm hoping I don't have to spend another $100 on the two pack Moves.
buy a 2nd ps3 move controller cheaper. And no the Aim controller comes up as the Aim controller

Gamestop $30 used, amazon $32 AWD (single Move controller)

Apologies if this isn’t the proper place - but having just had my first VR experience with the Skyrim Bundle that Sony offered as a trial - my impressions are (1) wow, it’s like everything is smothered in Vaseline; and (2) some of this is incredibly fun/funny.

The graphics thing is just a fact of life, yes? I have a Pro + KS8000 (4K HDR) so playing the VR versions of games can be graphically brutal (GT Sport, RE7, Thumper). But then again, as I stated above, it also brings a lot of laughter and many “whoa” moments.

Trying to decide between the Skyrim and the Grand Turismo bundle. I don't particularly care for either of these games but I do want the move controllers, I don't care for hdr at all as I don't own an her tv. I see it's $100 for the move controllers on their own.
I think I've seen it on sale for $70 at a few places before thanksgiving.

Can the Aim controller that comes with the Farpoint bundle function as a janky version of a regular Move controller? I already have one PS3 Move controller, so if the Aim controller can pull double duty reasonably well I'm hoping I don't have to spend another $100 on the two pack Moves.
Aim controller is designed to be held with 2 hands, it's a rifle not a pistol. You will have a hard to wield it with 1 hand (the action buttons are at the back end)

Apologies if this isn’t the proper place - but having just had my first VR experience with the Skyrim Bundle that Sony offered as a trial - my impressions are (1) wow, it’s like everything is smothered in Vaseline; and (2) some of this is incredibly fun/funny.

The graphics thing is just a fact of life, yes? I have a Pro + KS8000 (4K HDR) so playing the VR versions of games can be graphically brutal (GT Sport, RE7, Thumper). But then again, as I stated above, it also brings a lot of laughter and many “whoa” moments.
It depends on the game, but some of them look great (Thumper, Superhot VR, Farpoint, Battlezone, Wayward Sky) when they're VR native games.

It's only going to get better from here on out as devs play with how to get the most out of the hardware limitations. They are already starting to do things like render what is in the middle of your view at a higher resolution and lower the resolution in your peripherals. Basically, if PSVR sells well enough, you better believe they are going to focus of squeezing every last ounce of the console to give you the best experience. I would love to see what Naughty Dog could do with it.

Has anyone tried an extension cable for the PS4 camera? There's an unofficial one that I think is out of the UK sold on their amazon website but I can't get. I think this is it on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-Extension-Cable-PlayStation-VR-PS4/122602351550?hash=item1c8bab6bbe:g:z7QAAOSw3~tZa9X-

The reviews from amazon UK says it works fine for video but the audio is poor. I recently wall-mounted my tv and have conduits behind it to a media shelf off the the side so I can't run the cable since it's too short.

I also apologize if this is not the place... but.... I was one of the 1,400 lucky ones that got the in-home trial of PSVR. My first experience is PS VR is terrible. I haven't been able to play more than 15 minutes of Skyrim due to simulator sickness. I have tried both Move Controllers and Dualshock (I find the Dualshock to be slightly better). I hate the button layout on the Move controllers and feel Sony really should redesign them.

Visually, the graphics on PSVR are so low-resolution compared to native PS4 games that it almost seems blurry at times. I have tried adjusting the settings for IPD and made sure the lenses are clear and on correctly. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I really want to love this thing but even the videos I have watched reminded me of low-resolution Andoid/iOS VR.

Is Skyrim just not a good game for a first VR experience? Maybe Sony should have done the trial with a different game?

I also apologize if this is not the place... but.... I was one of the 1,400 lucky ones that got the in-home trial of PSVR. My first experience is PS VR is terrible. I haven't been able to play more than 15 minutes of Skyrim due to simulator sickness. I have tried both Move Controllers and Dualshock (I find the Dualshock to be slightly better). I hate the button layout on the Move controllers and feel Sony really should redesign them.

Visually, the graphics on PSVR are so low-resolution compared to native PS4 games that it almost seems blurry at times. I have tried adjusting the settings for IPD and made sure the lenses are clear and on correctly. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I really want to love this thing but even the videos I have watched reminded me of low-resolution Andoid/iOS VR.

Is Skyrim just not a good game for a first VR experience? Maybe Sony should have done the trial with a different game?
You need to use the teleport movement option not the smooth... It takes you a while to adapt to vr. My wife gets motion sickness, and she can play skyrim for over 5 hours without problems.

Also use a static chair, not a swivel chair. Sony just released updated move controllers, and they work great on skyrim, all thing considered. Try the demo disc first, with a bunch of shorter varied experiences.

bread's done
Back