Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Job Simulator is becoming increasingly hard to find physical FYI, I've been posting in the Smaller / Obscure thread, but here are the current GameStop stores that have it in stock:

Code:
Fordham Road - Bronx, NY 10458 - PreOwned
Allendale S/C - Pittsfield, MA 01201 - PreOwned
Ocean County Mall Bg - Toms River, NJ 08753 - PreOwned
Camden Town Center - Camden, DE 19934 - PreOwned
Aramingo Super Ctr. - Philadelphia, PA 19134 - PreOwned
Fulton S/C - Brooklyn, NY 11216 - NEW
Sound of Freedom Sh. - Havelock, NC 28532 - NEW
Lebanon Valley Mall - LEBANON, PA 17042 - PreOwned
Mariners Point - Saint Marys, GA 31558 - PreOwned
Northwoods Mall Bbgs - Charleston, SC 29406 - PreOwned
Magnolia Mall - FLORENCE, SC 29501 - PreOwned
Indian Trail - Indian Trail, NC 28079 - NEW
Westridge Square - GREENSBORO, NC 27410 - PreOwned
Oak Brook Square - Flint, MI 48507 - PreOwned
SWM Capital West - Tallahassee, FL 32304 - NEW
Southlake Pavilion - Morrow, GA 30260 - NEW
SWM Fort Payne - Fort Payne, AL 35968 - NEW
Jackson Plaza - COOKEVILLE, TN 38501 - PreOwned
SWM Xing of Hobart - Merrillville, IN 46410 - NEW
Oak Creek Center - Oak Creek, WI 53154 - PreOwned
East Towne Mall - MADISON, WI 53704 - NEW
Edgewood Mall - MCCOMB, MS 39648 - NEW
Elmore Ave. Shoppes - Davenport, IA 52807 - PreOwned
Broadmore Plaza - Abbeville, LA 70510 - PreOwned
Burning Tree Plaza - Duluth, MN 55811 - PreOwned
Atascocita - HUMBLE, TX 77346 - PreOwned
Cypress S/C - Bossier City, LA 71111 - NEW
Longview Mall - Longview, TX 75605 - NEW
McAlester SWM - McAlester, OK 74501 - PreOwned
Lake Air Court - Waco, TX 76710 - NEW
Glen Oaks Crossing - Dallas, TX 75224 - NEW
Brinker Plaza - DENTON, TX 76208 - PreOwned
Manhattan S/C - Manhattan, KS 66502 - PreOwned
Tri County S/C - Schertz, TX 78154 - PreOwned
Rock Springs R/C - Rock Springs, WY 82901 - PreOwned
Elko Junction - Elko, NV 89801 - NEW
Centerpoint Mall - OXNARD, CA 93033 - PreOwned
Omak Center - Omak, WA 98841 - PreOwned
I pointed this out about a month ago, but no one seemed to care. I picked up a sealed copy with a $5 reward coupon. Might go get another. Ebay prices are getting up there.

You'll have to let us know what you think of Arizona Sunshine. Initial reviews were not very kind, but I'd be interested in knowing if patches have fixed those complaints.

I did try Doom VFR under a guest account (I didn't want to start collecting trophies until I was ready to play through it.) Tough to play as a lefty, kept wanting to move the gun to the other side of my body, but enjoyed it quit quite a bit for what I played.
I think it's been confirmed that AZ Sunshine has been patched since the initial release and from what I understand talking to a bunch of people in a Facebook PSVR group the aiming and stuttering has been corrected, so I'm going in with a positive outlook though I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.

I pointed this out about a month ago, but no one seemed to care. I picked up a sealed copy with a $5 reward coupon. Might go get another. Ebay prices are getting up there.
Yeah I grabbed the only used copy in town, get it now if you don't want to get gouged

Can someone please explain what I will be missing if I go with this first gen model? I hear the only difference is "HDR passthrough capability". What exactly does that mean? I'm pretty positive my TV has HDR (it's a higher end 2015 Samsung 65" model) so I don't want to miss out on a major feature by going with the old unit.
Nutshell: you will need to unplug the V1 when not playing VR. VR is 1080p on the PS4.
I don’t think it’s as big of a deal if you have a PS4, if you have a PS4 pro however... you’d be stuck playing 1080p on a 65” 4K hdr tv.
There are ways around it, hdmi switcher etc.

Can someone please explain what I will be missing if I go with this first gen model? I hear the only difference is "HDR passthrough capability". What exactly does that mean? I'm pretty positive my TV has HDR (it's a higher end 2015 Samsung 65" model) so I don't want to miss out on a major feature by going with the old unit.
If you’re playing a game on your PS4 that is HDR enhanced, you would need to disconnect the psvr v1 breakout box (since it does not process HDR) and directly connect the PS4 to your TV. A workaround is using an hdmi switch box. Other differences are mostly cosmetic for v2 such as thinner cable, integrated headphone jack/volume control and rearranged buttons. But the core specs (resolution, field-of-view, refresh rate) are the same between v1 and v2.

Hard to bite on the current price when it was $7 at BestBuy which I have missed, so I decided not to add it to my back log.

Anyone have any suggestions for their top 3 psvr games? Just got mine and am loving it, but it seems like there isn't a lot of lists of must play games. I have Re7 gold, doom vfr, Skyrim and Rush of Blood.

I think it's been confirmed that AZ Sunshine has been patched since the initial release and from what I understand talking to a bunch of people in a Facebook PSVR group the aiming and stuttering has been corrected, so I'm going in with a positive outlook though I'm trying not to get my hopes too high.
If you do buy it let us know. Im in the same boat, I want it cause it supports the Aim controller.. and it looks fun.

Nutshell: you will need to unplug the V1 when not playing VR. VR is 1080p on the PS4.
I don’t think it’s as big of a deal if you have a PS4, if you have a PS4 pro however... you’d be stuck playing 1080p on a 65” 4K hdr tv.
There are ways around it, hdmi switcher etc.
You can still get 4k with the processing unit being used. I unfortunately got a 4k tv before HDR was prevalent so it works out for me.

Anyone have any suggestions for their top 3 psvr games? Just got mine and am loving it, but it seems like there isn't a lot of lists of must play games. I have Re7 gold, doom vfr, Skyrim and Rush of Blood.
Eve Valkyrie and Battlezone. Both were launch titles and probably not worth the original $60 price tags, but you can likely get them for $20 or less now and they are both worth your time at that price. Battlezone was my first PSVR game and I really enjoy it still, but it does get hard in the later stages so be ready.

The only three I would really add are Battlezone and Eve Valkarie and Thumper. (Thumper is a great show off title, because it really shows depth and doesn't really induce motion sickness at all.)

Farpoint might also be a good choice as well....I've yet to try it on our new Ps4 Pro yet, so I don't know how improved it looks on it yet.

You can still get 4k with the processing unit being used. I unfortunately got a 4k tv before HDR was prevalent so it works out for me.
I thought that the v1 PSVR didn’t allow that to pass through without the switch or messing with the cables? That’s why the v2 was a welcome change.
I knew hdr didn’t, was reading 4K didn’t work all the time.

Never had a v1 so I was just going off the old complaints when I decided to buy one. (Got the skyrim v2 bundle)

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely pick up Eve and Battlezone, and will buy Thumper during this PSN sale.

I'm also interested in I Expect You to Die, and Statik. Anyone played either of those?

Does the Eve Valkyrie digital version on the PSN store have the same "founder's pack" that's advertised on the cover on the physical release?  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any replies.

Both Battleborn and Eve Valkyrie are primarily online multiplayer right? Are they any good for single player? I don't have PSN+ subscription.
Do you mean Battlezone? It has a full single-player campaign, though it's structured like a roguelite of sorts where you have a certain amount of lives to get to the volcano and have to start over if you fail.

Do you mean Battlezone? It has a full single-player campaign, though it's structured like a roguelite of sorts where you have a certain amount of lives to get to the volcano and have to start over if you fail.
Haha, yes, Battlezone. Anyway thanks for the info. Is the single-player campaign fun? For some reason I thought it was mostly online multiplayer.

Haha, yes, Battlezone. Anyway thanks for the info. Is the single-player campaign fun? For some reason I thought it was mostly online multiplayer.
I only played it as ingle player except for when I had a short free trial of Plus. I enjoyed it just fine, there's no "story" per se, but it's not just playing multiplayer with bots, either. There's a variety of objectives to accomplish, different maps/levels rival battles that are kind of like boss fights, branching paths in which you may or may not confront different enemies, stuff like that. My only "complaint" I guess is that it does get hard. Roguelike is an accurate description. Lol

I just want to say that holy shit, Resident Evil 7 in VR is incredible. The game is freaky as hell and has such an awesome atmosphere, but on top of that it's just an incredible game that reminds me A LOT of RE1. And it's just as scary, if not more because of VR, than RE1 was. I actually find myself sometimes convincing myself NOT to play it when I have some free time because I know it's going to be scary and stressful to play, but then I suck it up and just play it.

I'm probably 3 hours or so into it and have loved every minute and been scared a lot more than I ever would have expected. Hell just walking around corners I am going slow with my gun drawn and peeking around the corner lol. Just a phenomenal game IMO.
D@m you, I want a VR jus for this game..

Reading your thing jus made me realize I really NEED IT!!

AWESOME SOUNDIN STUFF MAN!!

oNe

Can anyone weigh who upgraded from an OG PS4 to a Pro weigh in on how the Pro improves Skyrim VR? I’m really curious if it’s a dramatic enough improvement to make the upgrade or negligible.

Can anyone weigh who upgraded from an OG PS4 to a Pro weigh in on how the Pro improves Skyrim VR? I’m really curious if it’s a dramatic enough improvement to make the upgrade or negligible.
I did this, honestly the difference in Skyrim isn't all that noticeable. Resident Evil 7 and Battlezone get a nice 720p to 1080p bump though. Look up a comparison of Dirt 4 on YouTube, basically the pro gets weather effects, windshield damage etc. For me the upgrade to the pro was only about $60 (did a buy 2 get 1 free on 3 consoles at GameStop and sold the other 2 along with my original). For a $200 upgrade (assuming you sell your original console) I would say it isn't worth it. Who knows what the future for VR holds though, they are constantly coming up with new ways to tackle the console limitations, such as rendering what's in your peripherals at a lower resolution than what is in the center.

I did this, honestly the difference in Skyrim isn't all that noticeable. Resident Evil 7 and Battlezone get a nice 720p to 1080p bump though. Look up a comparison of Dirt 4 on YouTube, basically the pro gets weather effects, windshield damage etc. For me the upgrade to the pro was only about $60 (did a buy 2 get 1 free on 3 consoles at GameStop and sold the other 2 along with my original). For a $200 upgrade (assuming you sell your original console) I would say it isn't worth it. Who knows what the future for VR holds though, they are constantly coming up with new ways to tackle the console limitations, such as rendering what's in your peripherals at a lower resolution than what is in the center.
I think you need to try it on a standard ps4 again.

Thats how we started playing, and we just got our pro last week. The tracking feels a lot better, draw distance is a lot further, and popup is reduced, and when we started playing it on the pro, we felt like someone had just removed a veil off our faces.

Does anyone know if the version of Resident Evil 7 that Redbox has contains the VR mode?  I see it's on sale for $14.99.  Thanks.

Every copy of RE7 has VR mode. It's just an option you select in a menu in the game. There's no special VR version like Skyrim. 

D@m you, I want a VR jus for this game..

Reading your thing jus made me realize I really NEED IT!!

AWESOME SOUNDIN STUFF MAN!!

oNe
Just played for like another hour and screamed like a little bitch at one point lol. Let out a loud "OH SHIT!" thankfully I'm in the basement and everyone else is asleep. I swear I have goosebumps nearly the entire time I play the game. It's definitely one of my favorite games other than Mario Odyssey in a long time. Reminds me of RE1 a lot.

"You found a crank"

And I know damn well where I need to use it!

The VR mode isn't some special edition of the game, it's built into every PS4 and PC copy
Thanks, I just knew that there are specifically made "rental copies" of some movies that don't contain any special features, so wasn't sure if some game companies might follow suit on that as well.

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul is now available on Best Buy’s website. The retail price of this game’s physical version is only $19.99 so $15.99 with GCU pre-tax. The digital version is on PSN for $39.99 (when not on sale). So this is a no brainer for anyone interested in playing the game. It’s also worth mentioning the production numbers for this game are rumored to be extremely low, as multiple CAGs have reported finding only one or two copies at their local Best Buy-sometimes none. This physical version is also believed to be a Best Buy exclusive since it hasn’t been seen for sale anywhere else. Best Buy link below:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/paranormal-activity-the-lost-soul-playstation-4/6167719.p?skuId=6167719

Job Simulator is becoming increasingly hard to find physical FYI, I've been posting in the Smaller / Obscure thread, but here are the current GameStop stores that have it in stock:

Fordham Road - Bronx, NY 10458 - PreOwned
Allendale S/C - Pittsfield, MA 01201 - PreOwned
Ocean County Mall Bg - Toms River, NJ 08753 - PreOwned
Camden Town Center - Camden, DE 19934 - PreOwned
Aramingo Super Ctr. - Philadelphia, PA 19134 - PreOwned
Fulton S/C - Brooklyn, NY 11216 - NEW
Sound of Freedom Sh. - Havelock, NC 28532 - NEW
Lebanon Valley Mall - LEBANON, PA 17042 - PreOwned
Mariners Point - Saint Marys, GA 31558 - PreOwned
Northwoods Mall Bbgs - Charleston, SC 29406 - PreOwned
Magnolia Mall - FLORENCE, SC 29501 - PreOwned
Indian Trail - Indian Trail, NC 28079 - NEW
Westridge Square - GREENSBORO, NC 27410 - PreOwned
Oak Brook Square - Flint, MI 48507 - PreOwned
SWM Capital West - Tallahassee, FL 32304 - NEW
Southlake Pavilion - Morrow, GA 30260 - NEW
SWM Fort Payne - Fort Payne, AL 35968 - NEW
Jackson Plaza - COOKEVILLE, TN 38501 - PreOwned
SWM Xing of Hobart - Merrillville, IN 46410 - NEW
Oak Creek Center - Oak Creek, WI 53154 - PreOwned
East Towne Mall - MADISON, WI 53704 - NEW
Edgewood Mall - MCCOMB, MS 39648 - NEW
Elmore Ave. Shoppes - Davenport, IA 52807 - PreOwned
Broadmore Plaza - Abbeville, LA 70510 - PreOwned
Burning Tree Plaza - Duluth, MN 55811 - PreOwned
Atascocita - HUMBLE, TX 77346 - PreOwned
Cypress S/C - Bossier City, LA 71111 - NEW
Longview Mall - Longview, TX 75605 - NEW
McAlester SWM - McAlester, OK 74501 - PreOwned
Lake Air Court - Waco, TX 76710 - NEW
Glen Oaks Crossing - Dallas, TX 75224 - NEW
Brinker Plaza - DENTON, TX 76208 - PreOwned
Manhattan S/C - Manhattan, KS 66502 - PreOwned
Tri County S/C - Schertz, TX 78154 - PreOwned
Rock Springs R/C - Rock Springs, WY 82901 - PreOwned
Elko Junction - Elko, NV 89801 - NEW
Centerpoint Mall - OXNARD, CA 93033 - PreOwned
Omak Center - Omak, WA 98841 - PreOwned
Does anyone know if there is a script or some site you can use to search all Gamestops inventory for a game? Looks like someone did this above but they may have done the leg work to do this manually. Would love to be able to type in a title I am looking for and get all stores in the US that have a copy..

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul is now available on Best Buy’s website. The retail price of this game’s physical version is only $19.99 so $15.99 with GCU pre-tax. The digital version is on PSN for $39.99 (when not on sale). So this is a no brainer for anyone interested in playing the game. It’s also worth mentioning the production numbers for this game are rumored to be extremely low, as multiple CAGs have reported finding only one or two copies at their local Best Buy-sometimes none. This physical version is also believed to be a Best Buy exclusive since it hasn’t been seen for sale anywhere else. Best Buy link below:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/paranormal-activity-the-lost-soul-playstation-4/6167719.p?skuId=6167719
The dev tweeted that they hope to expand the physical release to other retailers. Not sure if it'll actually happen but I thought it was worth mentioning. I picked up a copy from Best Buy since I have GCU.

The dev tweeted that they hope to expand the physical release to other retailers. Not sure if it'll actually happen but I thought it was worth mentioning. I picked up a copy from Best Buy since I have GCU.
Yeah I reached out to the dev when I was seeing random copies pop up on the net, they were like "Where did you see that at?", but yeah grabbed a sealed dev copy with the hole punched out and just got a copy with GCU for $16. Don't know if the dev copy will ever be worth anything but it's kinda cool to have.

Does anyone know if there's a version of SW Battlefront or Dirt Rally with the VR modes on disc? Just want to have it on disc for preservation sake.

Thank you so much. This definitely looks like something I'll get $16+tax worth of enjoyment out of.

Also thank you to Jurai for the list. I appreciate the help. The idea of paying over MSRP hurts my CAG brain. Even buying Arkham VR for $24.99 used at GS gave me a migrane. :wall:

Thanks, I grabbed a copy, trying to build my psvr physical library slowly.

Gran Tursimo Sport is on sale for $39.99 at GameStop. I don’t know how the VR modes are in that game
It was same price at BestBuy a few weeks ago, even better with GCU

I've played a couple of tracks in GT Sport VR, the tracks are the same as in offline campaign and you unlock more tracks when you're leveling up.

It's one vs one AI racing only that's most people complaint about. The AI is easy to beat (forgot if I can select difficulty or not). The graphics is VR is an obvious downgrade from the non-VR especially the resolution and details, though still somewhat better than DriveClub VR. I think DriveClub VR has pretty bad lighting other than just resolution and details downgrade.

Looking at car interior and sky in convertible is nice. With a force feedback wheel, it's a nice VR driving experience, but much less racing experience (which probably better with DriveClub VR)

I don't feel nausea in GT Sport VR, neither in DriveClub VR anyway which is most people have problem with, can be due to years of FPS training :)

I just saved $129 on my car insurance VR games.  Between the sales and the 20% coupon, I got $204.90 worth of games for just $75.90.

Merry Christmas to me!

So my VR will be here on Wednesday, what are the must own titles that really show off what VR can do? I already bought a bunch on sale through the PSN.

I just bought a PSVR and took it to my family’s Christmas. If you’re wanting a fun party game we thoroughly enjoyed Keep Talking and No One Explodes. It isn’t great graphically, but was super fun.

If anyone is not using they're coupon tonight. I would so be extreamly Thankful to receive one and hopefully be able to return the favor in the future. Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas everyone 😀 Please PM if possible

Can anyone comment on the VR in Infinite Minigolf? On sale on both Switch and PS4, so trying to weigh portability (which send ideal for a game like this) vs VR. Skimming through reviews, seems like the VR isn't that great.

How is the VR aspect in Infinite Minigolf?

I'm contemplating getting it for $7.50, but I already own it for Nintendo Switch, so I'll probably skip the PS4 version unless the VR is really good.

Here are the new PSVR games on sale this week:

Battlezone - $19.99 - 50% Off - $13.59 - 66% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 1st Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 2nd Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - 3rd Stage - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live - Season Pass - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Infinite Minigolf - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Space Rift Episode 1 - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Volume - $9.99 - 50% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Existing sales:

Ancient Amuletor - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Archangel - $20.09 - 33% Off - $17.09 - 43% Off - Ends 1/16/18

The Assembly - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9/18

ATV Drift & Tricks - $19.99 - 20% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Bloody Zombies - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Darknet - $10.49 - 30% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Digital Domain's Monkey King - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9/18

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Dying: Reborn - $1.99 - 80% Off - $0.99 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $4.99 - 80% Off - $2.49 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16/18

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR - $40.19 - 33% Off - Ends 1/2/18

End Space - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Heroes of the Seven Seas - $4.89 - 30% Off - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Manifest 99 - $4.19 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $22.79 - 24% Off - $19.79 - 34% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Mortal Blitz - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Moto Racer 4 - $15.99 - 60% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $4.99 - 80% Off - $2.49 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Perfect - $5.99 - 40% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Raw Data - $31.99 - 20% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Rez Infinite Digital Deluxe Holiday Promo - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $25.79 - 57% Off - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Smashbox Arena - $9.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Sneaky Bears - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Snow Fortress - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/4/18

Soul Dimension - $3.49 - 30% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Sparc - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Special Delivery - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/4/18

Sports Bar VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Starship Disco - $7.49 - 25% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/5/18

Statik - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Stunt Kite Master VR - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/3/18

Thumper - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Time Machine VR - $19.79 - 34% Off - $16.49 - 45% Off - Ends 1/16/18